Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

Games I'm not Willing to Play

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 2 reviews

xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-04-09 - 2516 words

0Unrated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TIME LAPSE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Gerard’s POV

“Happy anniversary” I stated smiling like a mad man down at Frank as I sat opposite him at our little Starbucks table, he laughed “You say it as if we’re a couple Gerard…” I shrugged and pushed his drink over to him along with a cookie “It’s a special occasion, you’ve been in Jersey for a month and we’ve been doing this little morning routine for a about month too, it’s why I got you a cookie today…” I finished realising I sounded like a five year old, but Frank found it funny so he just giggled and sipped his drink “Oh by the way, I don’t know if your mom told you but my mom is coming to visit this weekend to see how I am doing.” He stated, I simply nodded “that’s cool, but where is she gonna sleep, I mean the house is full…” I inquired, Frank shrugged “I don’t know, She’ll probably have the guest room and I’ll sleep on the couch…” at this point Lindsey approached the table and began clearing away the used mugs but Frank and I continued our conversation “No, you can’t sleep on the couch…sleep with me instead.” I stated, my face getting hot when I realised what I’d just said Frank blushed slightly too but laughed, while Lindsey just burst into hysterics and walked off with a hand full of mugs saying “You’re so smooth Gerard…” I flipped her off and turned back to Frank “I didn’t mean it like that…” I muttered, he giggled some more “I know Gerard don’t worry about it, but sure, I’ll share your room.” He said smiling, we both took large gulps from our drinks “Ray told me you had written some new songs…but I’ve never heard you sing them, I’ve only heard you and the guys play old stuff…” he whispered between drinking, I stared at him and placed my mug back down onto the table “Well…that’s…” I sighed in defeat, as words failed me “We have our first gig at the loop lounge tomorrow...we will be playing our newer stuff then, you should come…” I said, Frank tilted his head “A gig? Why didn’t you tell me sooner, Do you not want me there…” he asked, I shook my head “No, no nothing like that, I want you there I just…I just don’t know how you’ll react to the music, it’s er not like the other stuff…” I finished, Frank shrugged “Ray told me it was better than the old stuff, and I fucking love the old stuff…” he leant forward onto the table “Is there something you’re not telling me Gerard?” he asked, concern in his chocolate brown eyes staring straight at me, I shook my head “No, that’s everything, just come along tomorrow, it starts at 7 but we’d have to get there at 5 to set up…” I said casually taking another sip of my drink; Frank nodded “Sure, anyway we should get going…” he said bluntly standing up and walking toward the door not waiting for me as he usually did, he opened the door and walked out without even giving me a second look, I sat there confused for a minute, and then confusion turned to guilt, sometimes I really wish my life was simpler…

Frank’s POV

Walking through the streets I could feel myself getting more annoyed at Gerard, and he wasn’t even here, my mind was just telling me things, things I knew too well Gerard wouldn’t do to me, he wouldn’t lie to me…But I have this ever growing feeling that he’s keeping something from me, every time I try and get close to him or just make friendly conversation he seems to just push me away, like he’s protecting himself from something, but what’s there to be afraid of, what on earth would I do to Gerard that could make him want to keep his distance from me, I don’t do anything, we just talk and laugh and hang out, I didn’t know what his problem was but I’m sure as hell going to find out. I opened the door to the house and walked straight upstairs and into my room, I didn’t so much as mutter a hello to Mikey when I passed him in the hall, I ignored him and slammed my bedroom door shut so I could think of what to say to Gerard and how to say it. After I’d planned what I was going to say, I stood up and walked into Gerard’s room and waited patiently for him to return home…

It was another half an hour before I heard the front door open, and I heard Gerard’s heavy footsteps coming up the stairs, he entered the room and shut the door behind him, then as he turned around his startled eyes turned to me “Shit Frank, are you trying to give me a heart attack?” he said placing his hand over his chest and breathing heavily, I shook my head and stood from the bed where I was sitting “You’re hiding something from me…” I stated bluntly, he took a deep breath “Frank I’m not hiding-“Don’t bullshit me Gerard.” I interrupted “I can tell, you’ve been acting weird for the past two weeks, you won’t have a proper conversation with me without going off subject, you’re avoiding something and I want to know what.” I finished Gerard shook his head “You’re right, there are things I haven’t told you but Frank, I want you to know, everything I haven’t told you, I’ve left unsaid for your benefit, if I told you these things it would make me feel so vulnerable that I wouldn’t be able to help you…and I want to help you, I want to be around you and I want to see you get better.” He said softly, placing a hand on my left shoulder and at that point all the annoyance and anger I had for the guy standing in front of me just melted away, like it never existed, I simply nodded and he pulled me into a tight hug “The last thing I want if for us to have to go back to square one…” he mumbled into my hair, I closed my eyes and held him tighter which is when he let go, I reluctantly followed his actions but kept my gaze to the floor “I’m sorry…I should have known you’d have good reason to keep things from me…” Gerard sighed “Frank it’s fine, I’m sorry I’ve been acting weird, I’ll try not to in future…”

Gerard’s POV

I smiled at Frank and he nodded in silence, then my phone began blaring out Iron Maiden which meant Ray was calling, so I pulled it out of my back pocket and placed it against my ear “Yo, what’s up?” I answered, I heard Ray sigh “Dude, It’s 5:30…” he said sounding annoyed, I paused for a minute “So….” I said egging him to continue “So we’ve got a gig at 7.” He replied down the phone bluntly, my eyes shot open wide “You told me the gig was Thursday!” I stated loudly and then Frank caught my eye and he pointed to my alarm clock on my nightstand which read ‘THURSDAY’ in huge green flashing LED lights “Shit, I thought it was Wednesday, I’m on my way...” I said hurriedly before hanging up the phone “Come we’ve got to get a move on…” I stated, Frank nodded and followed me through the house and out the door; we stopped in our tracks when we saw the car was gone “For fuck sake Mikey!” I cursed into the air “It’s okay, we can make it if we run…” Frank pointed out, I nodded and Frank and I ran to the venue.

We both burst through the doors to the loop lounge and leant against the nearest wall when Ray approached us “you made it then…” he said jokingly, I flipped him off “I need...-“Whiskey? Beer? Vodka?” Ray asked, I glared at him “Water.” He gave me an apologetic look before heading toward the bar and grabbing two glasses of water, when Frank turned to me “Why did Ray just list off alcohol types?…” he asked looking at me, ray handed us both glasses of water and I downed mine in one “Things left unsaid Frank…things left unsaid.” I stated, I then stood upright and walked over to Mikey and Bob and started helping them set everything up.

Frank’s POV

I watched Gerard walk over to the stage and he left me puzzled however Ray was still standing by my side “Don’t worry ‘bout it kid, he’s fine now…” I nodded “But, people will be arriving soon so you might just wanna hang out back stage…” he advised I nodded and walked around the back of the stage and through a small corridor and into a room with a TV and a couch so I killed the time running up until the show watching the news, it was all just shit about wars and stupid celebrities anyway…

Then after what must have been an hours wait, I heard the microphone squeal and a low pitched voice said “well tonight we’ve got the valiant return of Gerard, Ray, Bob and Mikey but as you guys know them ‘My Chemical Romance’” for a small venue the crowd cheers like a big one, I walked out from back stage and made my way to the back of the growing crowd, Gerard hugged the man who had just introduced them and then took hold of the microphone “Well it’s nice to see some familiar faces so you’ll be glad to hear we’re starting with some oldies…this one’s called Vampires Will Never Hurt You…” the minute his sentence finished the room again filled with cheers, and they started to play, the music dragged you in and so did the crowd, everyone was super friendly, I was grabbed by the shoulders by a guy and we ended up jumping and screaming the lyrics out as loud as we could together, I didn’t even know who this guys was but he was awesome, after forty five minutes of jumping, screaming, moshing and laughing with this guy who I still didn’t know the guys finished a song and Gerard picked up the microphone “Are you all having a good time?” he asked, and everyone including myself screamed “That was fucking awful, I said are you having a good fucking time?” he shouted and somehow the screams of the crowds got louder, when they settled down gerard leant on the mic stand and looked out to the crowd “This next song, is one I wrote quite recently and the guys here have done an amazing job putting it together and I’d like to dedicate it to someone who’s really special to me, and they are here tonight, this one’s called The World Is Ugly…” I turned away from the stage and grabbed the nearest chair, I clambered onto it and the stranger I’d been standing with all night pressed his foot against it to make sure I wouldn’t fall and then ray started to play, followed by Mikey and Bob and then Gerard started to sing

“These are the eyes and the lies of the taken
These are their hearts but their hearts don’t beat like ours
They burn ‘cause they are all afraid
For every one of us, there’s an army of them
But you’ll never fight alone
‘Cause I wanted you to know

That the world is ugly
But you’re beautiful to me
Well are you thinking of me now

These are the nights and the lights that we fade in
These are the words but the words aren’t coming out
They burn ‘cause they are hard to say
For every failing sun, there’s a morning after
Though I’m empty when you go
I just wanted you to know

That the world is ugly
But you’re beautiful to me
Are you thinking of me
Like I’m thinking of you
I would say I’m sorry, though
Though I really need to go
I just wanted you to know

I wanted you to know
I wanted you to know
I’m thinking of you every night, every day

These are the eyes and the lies of the taken
These are their hearts but their hearts don’t beat like ours
They burn ‘cause they are all afraid
When mine beats twice as hard

‘Cause the world is ugly
But you’re beautiful to me
Are you thinking of me
Like I’m thinking of you
I would say I’m sorry, though
Though I really need to go
I just wanted you to know
That the world is ugly
But you’re beautiful to me
Are you thinking of me

Stop your crying, helpless feeling
Dry your eyes and start believing
There’s one thing they’ll never take from you…”
Throughout the entire song I was staring at Gerard, not once did my eyes move to his brother or Ray or Bob, or the crowd, or the bar, my eyes were fixated on him, it became clear to me at that point that the song wasn't just dedicated to me, it was about me and that was why Gerard didn't want me to come, because his new stuff, the new lyrics are about me, and he didn't want me to know…

“You’ve all been amazing, thank you, goodnight!” Gerard shouted into the crowd, I hopped off the chair and walked back to the small lounge back stage, a few minutes later I was joined by the guy I’d been standing in the crowd with, he sat beside me on the couch and smiled at me while opening a can of beer “I’m Bert McCracken by the way, you are?” he announced, I hesitated “I’m um…Frank, Frank Iero.” He nodded “nice to meet ya, how do you know Gerard?” I shrugged “Childhood friends…you?” I answered simply; he nodded again and smiled “Cool, I’m his boyfriend” he said causally taking a gulp from his can, meanwhile my heart sank a little bit, Gerard wouldn't have kept something that big from me, no way, he wouldn't do that to me...


AN- hope you enjoyed, rates and Reviews would be nice, it's going to start getting more Frerard and interesting soon, so look out for the next updates - BLBH xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story