Categories > Original > Drama > The Thoughts of a Girl Named Tiara.

Two-Faced People.

by HoneyImMagical 1 review

This hole you put me in wasn't deep enough. And I'm climbin' out right now. You're running out of places to hide from me.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-04-12 - 437 words

0Unrated
Ah, so today I came across my first "Real" encounter with someone who is "Two-Faced": One of my bosses, Maggie*.

Here's what happened:
On the 2nd or so, I decided to put in my two weeks notice at my current job, and mentioned it to Maggie, who is one of my four managers. That night was a particularly long night, so she got mad. Later that night, she gave me a heart to heart, and after telling her my reasons for leaving, she said she understood and respected my decision. At the end of that night, she told me she'd talked to Eric (The head of my store) and said and all I needed to do was hand my written-out notice directly to him, she wasn't allowed to accept it.

Fair enough.

I wrote out my notice and waited. Today was the first day I've seen him since then. I handed in my notice, and about a half hour later, he called me back into his office. The gist of what he said was that me turning in my notice two days before my end date was a bitch move on my part. Understandable, but unavoidable. He also said I was a liar for claiming Maggie told me I had to give it directly to him when in actuality, all I had to do was give it to the office. I was major polite through the whole ideal. He also told me Saturday was my last day, and not to bother coming in next week (Which I wasn't going to anyway, because drill team tryouts are next week and he's known this for months.). My leaving statement was something along the lines of "I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's what Maggie told me." and as I left he muttered "Yeah, whatever." As if I just lied straight to his face, which I didn't.

It took all my might not to turn around and say "Really Eric? Talk to me that way again, and I'll quit now. Know what happens if I quit now? You're understaffed for Race Weekend. So come on. I dare ya." But I didn't.

After all of this treachery, I called my mother in the bathroom. She is the most... reasonable person ever, but this put her into a fucking fit. What gives him the right to talk to me that way? And Maggie screwed me over. Big time. Why doesn't she like me? Not sure. She'd two-faced. To me, she's nice and understanding, but when my back was turned she firmly implanted a dagger.


I'm just so angry. This is bullshit.
Sign up to rate and review this story