Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Way Of The Fist

Chapter 4. Scars

by Banesraver666 0 reviews

Ibiki & Kairi grow closer then, Ibiki asks Kairi if he could interview her about her rape & he isn't expecting the awnser she gives him. Kairi's P.O.V Timeskip by a couple of days. Song: Scars A...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-04-23 - 1561 words

0Unrated
~Kairi's P.O.V~

~A Couple Of Days Later, On The Outskirts Of The Leaf Village~

Dipping my feet into the cool water, I stared at Ibiki & smiled at him. "You know, underneath it all, your not so scary." I said to him.

Ibiki stared at me & gave me a smile then, bit into his apple. "I only show my real side to people I chose to." He said to me, spitting out the apple seeds on the ground. "Emotions are good at times but, on the battlefield their useless, an ineffective tool. People let emotions get to them & they become careless because of it." He added to me, standing up & sitting next to me, taking his boots & socks off then, dipping his feet into the water as well.

Letting out a sigh, I looked at him. "You didn't awnser my question Ibiki-san." I said to him, crossing my arms over my chest, I fake pouted at him.

Giving me a smile, Ibiki chuckled. "Actually, I did Kairi-chan. I only show my real side to people I chose to. I did awnser your question, now can I ask you a question?" He said to me.

I frowned at him. "Sure." I said to him, giving him another smile.

Well it's better late then, never & I have to do this anyways Ibiki, it's your job. Staring directly into my eyes, & no where else. "Can I interview you? It's better if I interview a rape victim while it's still fresh on their mind. I know you've been through a lot the past four days but, it's better to do this sooner then later." He said to me.

Without a second thought or doubt, I gave Ibiki my awnser. "Yes, I'll do it." Was all I said to him, our eyes never left each others, not once.

I wasn't expecting that. Was all he thought, as he took his feet out of the water & slipped his socks & boots back on. Standing up, he held out a hand, waiting on me. "I'll take you out dinner afterwards, my treat." He said to me, his posture, his voice, everything was serious again, Ibiki was back to his normal self.

Taking his hand, I stood up & nearly fell over because of a stupid rock but, Ibiki caught me & steadied me. "Thanks." I said to him, sliding my sandals on, he let go of me & we stared walking in silence, until Ibiki broke the silence between us.

"Please don't be offended by some of the questions I ask, It's my job Kairi." He said to me, bluntly.

I nodded my head. Emotions are an ineffective tool on the battlefield. Consider this the battlefield. I thought to myself, as we got closer & closer to ABNU headquarters. "I won't be, it's your job." I said to him, with no emotion in my voice, I was mentally prepared for this, at least I thought I was.

I hope she's ready. Was all he thought as he opened the doors to ANBU headquarters...

~Thirty Mintues Later~

Taking a seat across from me, Ibiki pulled out a tape recorder then, turned it on."For the record state your name, age, birthdate & village." Ibiki said, his voice cold like ice. Your begin watched through tinted glass & on hidden cameras & recorded for safety purposes. Ibiki telepathicly told me.

Nodding, I spoke to him. "Kairi Hatake, 15, 04-26-1993 & The Hidden Leaf Village." I said to him.

"I'm Ibiki Morino, 36. 03-20-1936 & The Hidden Leaf Village. " He said to the recorder. "Can you tell me, what happened four days ago at the Leaf Village academy?" He asked me.

I nodded to him, leaving no detail out. Ingoring the tears that stung at my eyes, I was not going to break down, not here & not with Ibiki in the room.

Even though Kairi's trying her hardest not to break down but, all rape victims break down sooner or later. I hate my job sometimes. Ibiki thought to himself. "Did you noticed anything different about the clone that posed as me?" He asked me.

Gathering whatever strength I had, I told him that I did. "His head band was crooked & he didn't talk like the real Ibiki, I could tell from the first words that he spoke, that he was a copy ninja." I said to him.

"The time is 5:57, this interview lasted an hour." Was all Ibiki said, as he shut the tape recorder off & stared at me giving me a weak smile then, stood up & put the tape recorder in his pocket. It's over Kairi, let's go get some dinner. He telepathicly told me.

I stood up & followed after Ibiki, the tears that stung at my eyes still stung. At this rate, I would have an emotional break down before I even left the ANBU building. I will not break down! I shouted in my head, as we walked out of the building.

Taking my hand in his once we were a few feet away from the building, he pulled me in his arms & disappeared with me to whatever it was..

~At Ibiki's Apartment~

Sitting me on the couch, Ibiki kneeled down, taking my hands in his. "You don't have to fight it anymore Kairi, break down, cry. Your in a safe place now." He said to me.

Looking at him, I smiled. "I thought you said 'emotions were an ineffective tool on the battlefield' ?" I asked him, as the tears stung even worst then, before.

"Were not on the battlefield anymore, it's over. Let it out. I won't judge you because, I to have cried myself. You'll feel better I promise." Ibiki said to me.

Those were the words that broke the camel's back. My mother once told me that stuffing all your emotions in was bad for you & she was right. I've stuffed everything in for the past four days & now it was time to let it out.

Taking his head band & his gloves off, placing them on an empty night stand. Ibiki took the empty seat on the couch, & wrapped his arms around my waist, as I cried into his coat, grasping onto it like a life jacket.

I didn't speak, I just let the sobs over take me & rack my body. Ibiki was right, I was starting to feel better but, I wish it would stop some time soon because, I was hungry. "I'm sorry about ruining your trench coat Ibiki." I sniffled out.

Placing a hand on my shoulder, I looked up into Ibiki's eyes. "Screw the coat, I have other coats. The coat isn't important right now, your well begin is." He said to me.

Covered in snot & my eyes blood-shot, I smiled at him. "I think I'm ok now. Your right, it did help." I said to him, removing both of ourselves, Ibiki stood up.

Giving me a smile, he told me to stay where I was. I looked up at him. "I'm hungry." I said to him, yawning afterwards. "& tired." I added to him.

Ibiki nodded. "Ok, you sure you don't want to clam down for a few mintues? I was going to put on some herbal tea, it helps clam me when I get upset" He said to me.

Staring at him, I brushed the leftover tears away. "Ok sure, where's your restroom?" I asked him, standing up.

"Down the hall way, it's on the right. The tea shouldn't take to long. After you finish the tea, we'll leave for dinner, ok?" He said to me, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Ok," I whispered out & headed down the hall way towards the bathroom, going in, I turned on the light then, turned the faucet on.

Splashing some water on my face, I looked in the mirror & saw a girl who I thought was me but, it wasn't. It had to be someone else, this girl, whoever she was, couldn't possibly be me, could it?

Hearing Ibiki knock on the door, I turned my head & saw Ibiki holding a cup of tea. "This is yours." He said to me, a smile on his face as we met eyes.

"Thank you, again. You've done to much for me all ready. Ibiki-san. How can I repay you?" I asked him.

Ibiki looked at me. "Repay me? Kairi you don't owe me anything. Some things in life are free. Besides, kindness won't be here much longer. The second part of the chunin exam is about your will to survive & kindness will be very rare during those five days." He said to me, as I took the tea from his hands.

I nodded my head & sipped on the tea. "I know mom all ready told me. I'm hoping when Lady Tsuande gives me the all clear, I can start training again." I said to him, a smile on my face.

"I know, give it another two days, & I'm sure Lady Tsuande will give the all clear. Your a great fighter, you can thank your parents for that." He said to me.

Finishing the tea, I started to head out of the bathroom but, Ibiki stopped me. "Just leave it there, I'll pick it up later. For now, let's go." He said to me, as we headed into the living room & Ibiki put his head band & gloves back on then, we disappeared to a restaurant & off into the night...

~End Of Kairi's P.O.V~

Sign up to rate and review this story