Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Way Of The Fist

Chapter 5. The Dogs Are Over

by Banesraver666 0 reviews

Anko & Kurenai have a talk with each other about Kairi. Anko's P.O.V Song: Dog Days Are Over Artist: Florence & The Machine

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Anko,Kurenai - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-23 - 620 words

0Unrated
~Anko's P.O.V~

~In Anko & Kakashi's Home~

Setting the tea down, I looked at Kurenai. We've been friends for years. Kairi's triumphs were our triumphs, Kairi's downfalls were our downfalls. "Kurenai, how do you feel about this? Kairi's your student after all." I said to her, my hands folded in my lap.

Kurenai eyed me through her tea cup. "Anko, your forgetting that she's your daughter. You know that Asuma & I would take care of Kairi if anything happened to you or Kakashi." She said to me, dancing around my question.

I glared at her. I loved Kurenai but, she knew when to beat around the bush. "Kurenai, awnser the question." I said lowly to her.

"I- I-," she stopped herself for a moment. "I'm feeling like your feeling Anko, as a soon-to-be mother, I may not know exactly how your feeling but, as a rape victim myself, I can relate." She said to me, putting the tea cup down on the table, she stared directly into my eyes. "Like Kairi, I wasn't suppose to have kids either. The guys raped me so badly after they left, I couldn't feel my legs or anything, I was so numb that when the numbness wore off, I went staright to Lady Tsuande's office & she did everything she could for me but, I was torn so badly that there was no way I'd ever have kids." She added to me.

I rolled my eyes, once again, she was beating around the bush again. Letting out a sigh, I started getting pissy. Damn, my short temper.

"I'm getting to the point Anko." She said to me calmly. "My point is that. There is no such thing as to much therapy, Anko Kairi's going to need it & a friend. & anti-depressants. Most people will tell you not to let Kairi go ahead with the Forest of Death-," I cut her off. "My daughter is not most people-," she cut me off. "Anko I'm not bad mouthing your daughter, you should know I would never do something like that. Kairi's not like most ninjas, she has only her teamates for friends, no one else. Kairi is advanced in every way, when she strikes, it's deadly accurate. Kairi may be a loner but, she's gifted & very smart. She makes Jino & Mamoru look like fools on the battlefield. Half the girls her age couldn't measure up to her." Was all she said to me, as she stood up & headed towards the door. "Kairi may be young & inexperienced but, she's one of the people that deserves to be in this exam. Now if you don't mind Anko, Kairi will be here in a matter of mintues & for both of our sakes, this conversation is as good as dead between us. Good-bye Anko." Were the final words she said to me, as she left my home for good.

Grabbing the nearest thing I could throw, I threw it against the wall & sank into the couch. I was pissed off. I didn't care if Kurenai & I were friends, she struck a nerve. I know my daughter, she's a fighter, always will be, always has been.

I just wanted to know if Kurenai was on the same page with me about Kairi's tragic rape but, I guess. As a mother, knowing something bad has happened to your daughter is the worst news you could ever get. Ingoring the tears falling down my face, I shook my head. "I swear if I ever get a hold of this bastard that hurt my daughter is going to pay, with his blood all over my hands." I said quietly to myself, as I waited on Kairi to get home...

~End Of Anko's P.O.V~
Sign up to rate and review this story