Categories > TV > Power Rangers > new life in Ocaen Bluff

ch 3: Dad is the really you?

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-04-23 - Updated: 2013-05-18 - 1077 words

0Unrated
RJ's POV
I'm trying my best to convince Madeline to stay here. "Do you even have a place to stay in town if you don't mind me asking?" I say. "I would have. The apartment complex a few blocks away if the managers got my application a few days earlier." she replies. "So they gave away your spot to someone else." I say. She nods and starts to go down the steps. "There is more than enough room here you could always stay here until you can find another place." I suggest. She turns back around and gives me a surprised look. “You would really do that for me but you don't even know me that well RJ." she says. "True but we are friends aren't we?" I reply. "I guess we are you’re doing what any good friend would do." she says. "So does that mean you'll stay?" I ask. "Yeah I guess I could stay for a while." she says with a smile.

Madeline's POV
I walk back up the stairs and put my things back in my room. "So you can play the guitar?" RJ asks looking at my guitar case. "Yeah and I sing a little too." I answer. "The jukebox downstairs has been broken for a while. You think you could play a few songs for the customers in the pizza shop?" he asks. "Well I guess I could sounds like fun but I haven't sung in a while so there is no grantee that I'm going to sound like an angel." I say. RJ tells me it was ok that all he wants is a little music for the shop. I open the guitar case take the guitar and the shoulder strap from the case. I cttach the shoulder strap to the guitar and put the guitar over my left shoulder. We leave my room and head back downstairs.

When I see the pizzeria for the first time I loved the atmosphere of the room. The design is cute too. RJ grabs an extra chair from the sitting area near the cash register. He sets it in front of the Jukebox. I walk over to it. I sat down and tune my guitar.

RJ’s POV

“Who is the new girl?” Dominic asks me. “Her name is Madeline.” I reply. I can tell that my old friend had developed a crush on Madeline. Madeline finishes tuning her guitar. She starts to play her first song “Firework” by Katy Perry. She starts to sing I can tell that she has little confidence in her voice. After she hears herself hitting the correct notes and singing on key she starts to gets into her performance.

During the song Dominic couldn’t keep himself from smiling like a love-sick puppy. I walk over to her with a glass of water and she smiles back at me. “So how did I sound?” she asks as she takes the glass from my hand. “Really good” I compliment. After she takes a few sips of the water. She sets the glass of water down on the floor next to her. “You ready for another song?” she asks. “I know someone who else would love to hear so sing some more.” I reply. “Who?” she asks me as a confused look came to her face. “My friend Dominic he hasn't stopped staring at you since you started sing.” I reply. “I guess I shouldn’t disappoint my new fan.” She jokes. I nod and walk back over to Dominic. Madeline starts to play her next song “One Thing” By One Direction

Madeline’s POV

After I finish the song and look over at RJ. I see a boy standing next to him must be Dominic since he is grinning like a love-sick puppy. I couldn’t help but smile myself because I hate to admit it but he is kinda cute. So I get up from the chair and walk over to them. “You sounded amazing.” he complements. “Thanks Dominic.” I say offering him a friendly hand shake. “Yup” he says as he shakes my hand. “I bet I can guess your animal spirit.” I say. “Really?” he questions as he releases my hand. “Yeah strong and powerful your spirit is the rhino.” I say. “Right how did you know that?” he asks me very curious. “Well my mom was a master at Pai Zhua my father too.” I say. “Wait your mother was master Snowy and your father was master Lep.” RJ interjects. “Yup that sounds like them.” I say trying to keep my composure.

RJ kept saying what a great master my father was. I never heard so many good things being said about my dad before. “Hey Maddeline, you ok?” Dominic asks me as he sees me trying to hold back the tears. “Yeah Dominic, I’m fine,” I reply. “You haven’t talked about your father in while have you?” RJ asks. “Yeah since the day he passed away in that car accident. It was kinda hard for me to talk about him.” I reply. Then I heard a voice coming from behind me.

“Mattie I need to talk to you.” The voice says. I turn around and see my father. “Dad is that really you?” I ask. “Yes sweetheart I need you to listen I can’t stay in this form for long.” He says. I nod and listen to what my father is going to tell me. “Dai Shi has returned and you have to help your new friends battle him.” He says. “How dad I’m not a strong like you.” I say. “Yes you are Mattie you have the spirit of the snow leopard. You have my strength and your mother’s grace.” My dad points out. “That may be true dad but I don’t have any kung fu skills.” I remind him. “True but your new friends could teach you and I also know that my daughter is a fast learner just like her father.” He says as he began to fade away. “Dad don’t leave there is so much I want to ask you.” I say. “I know sweetheart but I have to go remember I’m always watching over you.” Were the last words he spoke before he disappeared completely and they seemed to echo in my head.

Author’s Note: If you have any ideas for a weapon for Madeline post a review.
Sign up to rate and review this story