Categories > TV > Power Rangers > new life in Ocaen Bluff

ch 4: Madeline's first day at work

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-24 - 1218 words

0Unrated
Madeline's POV

"So you guys saw that right?" I ask Dominick and RJ. "Yeah we did Maddeline." Dominick replies. "Ok so now what?" I say as I ask my next question. "You could sing another song." Dominick suggests. "I could do that I guess but how about you introduce me to the rest of your friends first." I say as I notice two more boys and two girls walk up. "Yeah Dom I couldn't agree more." said one boy who had brown hair.

Dominick turns around to face him. "Madeline this Casey, the short one is Theo, the girl with long blonde hair is Lilly, and the other girl with shorter blonde hair is Fran." Dominic says. I wave to them and told them it was nice to meet them. "It's nice to meet you to Madeline" Casey says with a smile. I told the other that I would try to get to know them better after my next song.

Dominic's POV

Madeline walks back over to the chair and retuned her guitar. She began to play a song I didn't recognize.

Madeline

Yesterday I got a call
Someone I didn't know at all passed away
Mama said yeah you know him
You went to school with both his kids
They lived out on Prescott lane
She said you should've seen the line
Mrs. Johnson said to tell you hi

Thank God for hometowns
And all the love that makes you go round
Thank God for the country lines that welcome you back in
When you were dying to get out
Thank God for Church pews
And all the faces that won't forget you
Cause when you're lost in this crazy world
You got somewhere to go and get found
Thank God for hometowns
Yeah

Last June my cousin tied the knot,
Didn't know if I'd go or not
But I'm sure glad I did
It was a pretty good haul but worth the drive
I could feel myself come back to life
The closer that I'd get
First red light I rolled the windows down
Breathed it in and took a look around

Thank God for hometowns
First kisses and touchdowns
Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in
When you were dying to get out
Thank God for Church pews
And all the faces that won't forget you
And when you're lost in this crazy world
You got somewhere to go and get found
Thank God for hometowns
Yeah

I always find another piece of me
Walking down these old familiar streets

Thank God for hometowns
And all the love that makes them go round
Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in
When you were dying to get out
Thank God for Church pews
And all the faces that won't forget you
And when you're lost in this crazy world
You got somewhere to go and get found
Thank God for hometowns
Thank God for hometowns

After she sings the last note everyone claps. I walk over to her and she had a big smile on her face. "Why are you smiling?" I ask her. "Because I never done anything like this before and I didn't think my voice was that good." She replies still smiling. "Well you voice sounds amazing and what was that song you just sang?" I say. "Thanks Dominic and the song was a new one from Carrie Underwood." She replies. "Well it was a pretty song." I say. "Yeah I thought so too." She says. "Hey Dom the lunch rush is about to start so I'm going need you manning the kitchen with Casey. " RJ calls to me. "You got it Case." I call back. I head to the kitchen to get to work.

Madeline's POV

RJ asks me to sing during the lunch rush. I tell him that I would love to and he went to unlock the door. Then the customers start to file in. The first two to file in where a father with his six-year-old daughter. "Daddy can I ask the girl with guitar if she could sing my favorite song?" she asks her father. "Sure sweetie pie" the father answers. The little girl walks up to me so I got up from the chair to get down to her level. "Hey sweetie I'm Madeline, what's your name?" I ask her. "I'm Sophia." The girl answers. "So do you have a favorite song Sophia?" I ask. "Yup can you play "Baby" by Justin Bieber please?" Sophia replies with a sweet smile on her face. "Sure thing Sophia" I say. She thanks me and went back to her father. I really didn't care for Justin Bieber but I was happy that I could make Sophia smile. So I got back to my feet and sat down in the chair.

"HI everyone I'm Madeline and I'm going to sing for you. If you have any request I'll take them after this song." I say to the crowd. I look up the chords for 'Baby' on my Ipad that is on the table in front of me. Once I found it I began to play the song and the restaurant begins to fill with cheers. Then I begin to sing.


When the song ended the crowd in the restaurant cheer loudly and applause roar through the room. "Anyone have a request?" I ask the crowd. "Please play Skyscraper by Demi Lovato." One customer from the back of the restaurant shouts. "Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift" a second customer shouts. "Stand by Rascal Flatts." A third customer shouts. I love all of those songs so I decide to play the songs in the order they were suggested. When I finish singing 'Stand' my voice is beginning to get tired so I bent down to get the glass of water from the floor next to the chair. I drank the rest of the water in the glass in one big gulp.

I notice Sophia and her father finishing up the meal. They went to the cash register to pay the check. "I love the new live music it makes us wanted to come back to eat her again." Sophia's father says. "Thank you for the kind words." RJ says as he gave him back his change. "Daddy can I give Madeline a tip because she is such a good singer." Sophia says. He nods and gives her a dollar. She comes up to me and gives me the dollar. "Thank you so much sweetie."I say, as I gratefully accept the dollar. She says you're welcome and walks back to her father. As they left the restaurant she waves goodbye. I wave back to her. I go back to work and I really enjoy all the positive feedback everyone is gving me. When RJ closed down for the day I made $25 dollars in tips. I get up from the chair and walk over to Casey and the others. "I can't believe how many people came in today." Casey says. "I know and it's all because of Madeline." Dominic says as he put his arm around my shoulder. "Thanks Dominic" I say as I start to blush a little.

Author's Note: Love it? Hate it? Tell me what you think and as always reviews are appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story