Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to Reefside

Ch 3: first day of classes at Reefside part one

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-23 - 2895 words

0Unrated
Dr. Oliver's Science Class

Tracy's POV

We enter the room and Dr. Oliver takes his place at the front of the class. We take our seats. I sit down and let out a long sigh. "Hey, you OK?" Kira asks. "Yeah, I'm ok, just a little homesick I guess." I answer in a sad tone. "You miss all your friends back home, huh." Trent says trying to get me to smile. "Yup and all my teachers at my old school too." I say sadly. "What was your old science teacher like anyway?" Conner asks. "At my old school we had three different teachers who taught a specific science class. Anyway, my favorite teacher was the one who would let you talk about music. He would be just talk about music for the entire class period." I answer in a sad tone. "He sounds like a cool teacher." Kira says, wishing that she could have had him as a teacher. "Yeah he was" I say, trying to smile.

Then the rest of the class files in. Mike sits down in his seat and waves at me. "Tracy look there is your prince charming." Kira says in a sing song tone. "Hah hah Kira very funny" I say in a sarcastic tone. "Just go over there. He obviously wants you to sit next to him" she says. "Really you think so" I say, as I try not a smile like an idiot. "Looks like it" she says still smiling. I get up from my seat, grab my things, and start to walk over to Mike's table. I stop about half way. "Why did you stop?" she asks. "That table looks a little crowed. I'll just sit with you and the rest of the gang." I answer. "Nice try" she says.

She gives me a friendly shove towards Mike's table. I stumble into it. "Hey, you ok?" Mike asks kind of concerned. "Yup I'm fine." I answer trying not to blush. I casually walk around to my seat and sit down. A few seconds later the bell rings. "All right class can anyone tell me something about the Jurassic era?" Doctor Oliver asks the class. I take out my notebook and start to take notes. About twenty minutes later I feel my eyes fill with sleep. I take off my glasses and wipe the sleep from them. I put them back on my face and look back down at my notebook.

I lose my place and can't keep up with what Dr. Oliver was saying. I skip a few lines and start to draw a picture of my old school from memory. Mike looks over my shoulder and notices my drawing. "Nice drawing" he whispers. "Thanks" I whisper back. I look back up at Dr. Oliver, just to let him know that I was still paying attention to what he was saying. I go back to work on my drawing. The school bell rings and the class runs out of the room. "Don't forget to read chapter seven for class tomorrow." Dr. Oliver says as the class files out of the room quickly. I gather up my things and leave the room.

Music class with Miss May

Kira and I enter the room and the teacher walks up to us. She has wide green eyes that are like two emeralds. Her silky, straight, obsidian hair is waist-length and is worn in a handsome style. She is short and has a muscular build. Her skin is ruddy. She has stubby-fingered hands and wide feet. Her wardrobe is professional. "Hello you must be Tracy?" Miss May says smiling. "Yes ma'am" I say. "I'm Miss May and welcome to my class and you came on a good day because today is solo day. I'm trying to pick who will sing the solo for our concert for the school next week. Kira would you like to go first today?" Miss May asks. "Sure Miss May I would be happy to" Kira says happily. Then the bell rings and Kira and I take our seats. Miss May takes attendance and signals for Kira to step to the middle of the room. She takes her guitar off her back and tunes it before she starts to sing.

Kira: And it goes like this
Yeah yeah
Yeah yeah
Yeah yeah
Yeah yeah
I can't tell you why
But I can't stop thinking about you baby
Oh yeah
Don't you think it's time
I walked around every word you're saying
Oh yeah (yeah)

Trying hard to figure out
Tell me what it's all about
Cuz I don't want to freak you out
Freak you out
Freak you out

Yeah yeah
Yeah yeah

I want to know
Know where you're at
I'm at the front
But baby you're still at the back
Oh can you tell me where
Tell me where it's at

Cause I don't want to Freak you out
Freak you out
Freak you out
Freak you out
Freak you out
Freak you out

When she finishes the class applauds loudly. "Well done as usual Miss Ford. Tracy would you like to go next?" Miss May asks. "Not really but I guess I will have to have to go sooner or later. I didn't bring any music with me." I say shyly. "I'm not too out of date Miss Burlew. I know you teenagers have those IPods so I'm guess that you have one in your pocket" she says sternly. "Yes Ma'am" I say shyly. "I thought so. Would you please plug it into the computer and pick a song." She says calmly. I take my IPod out of my pocket and plug it into the computer; I pick a random song and hit play. I stand in front of the class shaking like a leaf and I look over at Kira. She gives me a thumbs ups. I start to sings quietly, but after I hit the first notes right on key I sing more confidently.

Look at this stuff, isn't it neat,
Wouldn't you think my collections complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything.
Look at this trove treasures untold, how many wonders can one cavern hold?
Lookin' around here you'd think, Sure, she's got everything.
I got gadgets and gismos aplenty, I got whosits and whatsits galore,
You want thingamabobs? I got twenty,
But who cares? No big deal, I want more.|
I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancin'
Walkin' around on those (what dya call 'em) oh feet.
Flippin' your fins you don't get too far,
Legs are required for jumpin' dancin',
Strollin' along down the (what's that word again) street.
(Chorus)
Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun,
Wanderin' free, wish I could be, part of that world.
What would I give, if I could live, outa these waters?
What would I pay, to spend a day warm on the sand?
Betya on land, they understand, bet they don't reprimand their daughters,
Bright young women, sick of swimmin', ready to stand. And ready to know what the people know,
Ask 'em my questions and get some answers,
What's a fire and why does it (what's the word) Burn.
Whens it my turn? wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above,
Out of the sea, wish I could be, part of that world.

When I finish the song the class claps loudly again and I walk back to the computer to unplug my IPod. I walk over to Kira and sit down next to her. "Wow Tracy that was really good" Kira complements. "Thanks Kira" I say with a smile. "Have you done any singing before?" Miss May asks me. "Just church choir" I answer. "Oh it shows you do a good job of singing constants I understood every word you sang." Miss May says smiling. I thanked her. "You're welcome. Who's next?" Miss May asks the class of worried students. The rest of the class gets up to sing and fifteen minutes later the bell rings again.

Normal POV

The girls stop in front of Tracy's locker and Tracy opens it."So what do you think of Reefside High so far?" Kira asks. "It's ok I guess. I've only had two classes." Tracy answers. Conner, Ethan, and Trent walk up. "Hey guys." Conner greets us. "Conner too bad you aren't taking music class this semester. You missed Tracy singing today." Kira brags. "Wait, Tracy, you sing?" Conner asks surprised. "Yeah but I'm not as good as Kira though" she says modestly. "You are being too modest. She was amazing" Kira says. Then the rock on her pocket starts to glow. “Why is your pocket glowing?" Ethan asks. "I don't know Ethan" Tracy answers.

Tracy reaches into her pocket and takes out the pink rock. Everyone stands in shock. "Hey guys what’s wrong with you? It's just a rock." She says. "Tracy, where did you find this?" Ethan asks. "I found it at the bus stop this morning." she answers. "Oh no reason. Tracy, do you mind if we talk in private?" Ethan says. "Not really" She says. Tracy grabs her lunch and the books she needs for her next class. She closes her locker and walks away so they could talk. "That was the dino gem Dr. O was tracking. We have to tell her what she really found." Ethan explains. "Come on Ethan put yourself in her shoes. Would you believe your new friends if they told you that you found a rock that can give you super powers?" Kira points out. "Ethan, she's got a point. Do you really think that she is going to believe us?" Trent says agreeing with Kira. "Whether she believes us or not, she needs to know before you know who finds out." Ethan points out. The bell rings again so they head to their next class.

Gym Class with Mr. Jones

Tracy's POV

Mr. Jonas has wide blue eyes. His thick, curly, jet black hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a lion's mane. He has a masculine build. His skin is white. He has stubby-fingered hands. "Conner" Mr. Jones says. "Here" Conner calls back. "Tracy" he calls out. "Here" I call back. "You’re my new student?" he asks. "Yes sir” I answer. ”Welcome to Reefside High" he says. He continues taking attendance. "Grant" He calls out. "Here" Grant calls back. He has round eyes the color of the midnight sky. His thick, curly, black hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a plume of smoke. He is very tall and has an overmuscled build. His skin is deeply-tanned. Mr. Jones tells everyone to go change and when they get back he'll pick teams for a soccer game

Girl's locker room

I enter and Amber runs up. "Hey I didn't expect to see you here." Amber says. "Neither did I. Maybe the A on my transcript means nothing." I say jokingly. "Look on the bright side. We have a class together." she says. "True" I say. "Just try your best to stay away from Grant and his friends, ok." She warns. "Let me guess. They are the welcoming committee." I say, as try to make a joke. "Not really Grant likes to pick on the new kid." Amber says with a confused look on her face. "Amber it was a joke." I say. "Sorry" she apologizes. "I kind of figured that he does give off that school bully vibe." I explain. "Just stay on your toes, ok." she warns again. "Thanks Amber I will." I say.

We walk over to our gym lockers. Amber changes into her gym clothes quickly and starts to head out. "Hey, you coming." she calls. "Yeah I'll be right there." I call back. I start to change into my gym clothes. As I fold up my jeans the rock falls out of the pocket and it is still glowing. It rolls all the way over to Amber but I don't notice. I finish changing and Amber walks over to me. "I think you dropped something." she says. Amber hands me the rock. "Thanks, Amber. It must have fallen out of my jean pocket." I explain. I put in my locker and lock it. Then we leave to join the rest of the class in the gymnasium.

Gymnasium

Mr. Jones picks teams for the game and Amber and I are placed on Conner's team. "Great, we will win for sure." she says. "I'm guessing that Conner is pretty good at soccer." I say. "He is amazing" she brags. "Cool" I say. "Ok everyone let's head out to the soccer field." Mr. Jones tells the class.

Soccer Field

"Tracy, have you played soccer before?" Conner asks. "If you count standing in the goal and the ball bouncing off the goal post, then the ball hitting me in the face playing. Then yes, I have played a little." I say trying to crack a joke. "Dose that happen a lot - I mean the ball hitting you in the face." Conner says. "Yeah but I've gotten used to it I guess my face has a force field that attracts sports balls to it." I say cracking another joke. I walk over to the bench.

Grant and his friends, Peter and Jeremy, were standing mid field. (Peter has wide coffee-colored eyes. His fine, straight, black hair is worn in a style that reminds you of an overused mop. He is short and has a graceful build. His skin is cream-colored. Jeremy has slanted midnight black eyes. His silky, curly, charcoal-colored hair is medium-length and is worn in a handsome, severe style. .He is tall and has a wide-chested build. His skin is ruddy.) Grant has a soccer ball in his hand and places it on the ground. "You two know the plan right?" Grant asks his two friends. "We sure do boss" Peter answers. "Grant you sure about this" Jeremy says in a worried tone. "Come on Jeremy. Man up. It won't hurt her much and besides she said it herself she is used to this kind of thing happening to her. So one more time isn't going to make much of a difference now will it." Grant says in a mad tone. Grant gave the boys the signal and they went off to distract Mr. Jones.

"Hey new girl think, fast" Grant yells. I turn around and saw Grant kick the ball from mid field. "Tracy heads up." Conner warns. Conner's warning fell on deaf ears because it was coming in to fast. A few seconds later the ball slammed into face causing my glasses to fly off my face. I winced in pain. "Man, I should have seen that one coming." I say under my breath. Conner and Amber ran over to me. "Tracy, are you ok?" Amber asks.

"Yup, Amber I'm good. It’s just a little sore that's all." I say try to brush the whole thing off. "Hey Grant that was a dirty trick," Conner yells back at him. Grant is still standing mid field but has a look of pure satisfaction on his face and Conner started to walk over to Grant to give him a piece of his mind. "Conner, stop." I call to him. "Tracy, are you just going to let him get away with this? He clearly did it on purpose." Conner whines. "I know, but can we please not make a big deal out of it ok" I beg. Conner turns back around and walks back over to Amber and me. She picks up my glasses and gives them back to me. I thank her.

Grant’s friends stop talking with Mr. Jones and they all come over. "What happened here? Are you all right?" Mr. Jones asks. "Nothing, sir, I'm fine." I say. Mr. Jones can tell that something is wrong. "I'll ask again, what happened?" he demands. I stand in silence but Conner stands up for his new friend. "Grant purposely kicked the ball hard from mid field so it would hit Tracy in the face." Conner explains.

"Conner, what are you doing?" I whisper to him. "I'm standing up for my new friend." He whispers back. Grant walks up to the group. "Grant, is this true?" Mr. Jones asks the school bully. "No way Mr. Jones, Conner's lying." Grant says confidently. Mr. Jones looks over at me and sees a small cut on my face near my left eye that must have been caused when my glasses flew off my face. "Tracy you have a small cut on your face near your left eye." Mr. Jones says. I touch my face near my left eye and wipe away a very small amount of blood. Mr. Jones tells me he would like for me to go see the nurse. "Yes sir" I say. I knew full well that there is no way I was going to argue with the gym teacher. "I'll lead the way" Conner offers. "Conner, it’s ok you don't have to. I think I can find it on my own." I say. "Conner will go with you." Mr. Jones orders. Conner and I leave the soccer field and head to the nurse's office.
Sign up to rate and review this story