Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > Abigail's Adventure

ch 5: YOu knew my parents

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-24 - 992 words

0Unrated
Abigail apologized about the glass but Madeline told her that she knew that it was an accident. Madeline asked Sammy to go get the small dust pan to clean up the glass. Sammy left and came back a few seconds later with the broom and dust pan. She quickly and carefully cleaned up the shards of glass off the kitchen floor. She walked over the trash can and dumped the shards into it. She set the dust pan on the counter and walked back over to the table. She sat back down in her seat.

Abigail asked Madeline politely to tell her everything she knew about her parents. The next few minutes were spent hearing the story of Abigail parents. Abigail learned that the lab her parent worked for some of the workers was secretly working for Cobra. Once Abigail's parents found out they tried to tell the boss but the boss told them that he couldn't do anything unless they could find some evidence. Even when they did show that boss the evidence he just thought that they made it up. They knew that they didn't make it up so they went to her and Stephan. The four of them were going to go back to the boss and try to explain it the boss again the next day but the accident happened. "If you were trying to help my parents why didn't Cobra go after you too?" Abigail asked. 'We knew they would so we had to stage our own death and change our names so that they wouldn't harm us or our new baby." Madeline answered. "What new baby, mom?" Sammy asked. "Yes, Sammy I was three months pregnant with you while this was happening." Madeline explained. "There is one thing I don't understand if Cobra was after my parents why did they try to hurt me I was just a little girl?" Abigail asked.

"That's true, but Cobra knew you would grow up and probably didn't want to risk you trying to continue what they started." Madeline answered. "I would never hurt anyone even if they did destroy my family and my life. The one thing that my parent taught me was that revenge never solves anything." Abigail said. "Wow, Abigail had such great parents." Duke thought to himself. Abigail asked to be excused so she could go get some air. Madeline told her she could and Abigail got up from her chair. Abigail walked outside to the deck and looked up at the star filled sky.

A few minutes later everyone else got up from the table and walked out to the living room. The group couldn't believe how well Abigail composed herself during that conversation a while ago. "Don't you think that Abby has been outside a little too long?" Tunnel rat asked. "I think your right Tunnel Rat it has to getting a little cold out there." Scarlet said. "Yeah Kyle why don't you got get your new girlfriend." Sammy said teasing her brother. "Sammy for the last time Abigail is not my girlfriend. She just a friend who happens to be a girl." Kyle snapped back. All the adults in the room smiled at Kyle's response. "Son, Can you just go get her please.' Stephan said. "Yes, sir." Kyle said. "Stephan you remembered to give our son the talk right?" Madeline asked her husband. Stephan nodded.

Kyle walked out slowly onto the deck. He noticed that Abigail was stilling trying to comprehend everything that happened tonight. "Hey, Abigail." Kyle said. Abigail turned around to face him. "Hey, Kyle I guess that everyone wants me to come in now right?" Abigail asked. "Yeah, they thought that you might be getting cold." Kyle answered. "I guess that goose bumps on my arms are a good sign that it's getting a little chilly out here." Abigail said, as she looked down at her arms and noticed that they were covered in goose bumps. "Yeah maybe a bit." Kyle said. Kyle slowly walked closer to her and he took a hold of her right hand. Then the two teenagers looked up at each other and their eyes meet. They stayed like that for a few minutes.

Back in the living room everyone was wondering what was taking Kyle so long. Everyone walked to the kitchen to the door to the deck. They noticed the two teenagers smiling at each other well like to love sick puppies. Sammy opens the sliding door. "Just don't stand there Kyle kiss her already. "Sammy yelled. Meanwhile, with Kyle and Abigail he heard what his sister just yelled. "Kyle if we did kiss doesn't that mean we are a couple?" Abigail asked. "Yes, but that wouldn't be so bad would it." Kyle answered. "I guess not." Abigail said. Then he leaned in and the two teenagers shared their first kiss. After they back away they couldn't help but smile. "I guess we should head in now." Abigail said. Kyle nodded and they headed back inside hand in hand.

A few hours later Duke said that they should get going. Everyone headed to the front door. "Kyle I hate to tell you this but you kinda have to let go of my hand now." Abigail said. "Sorry about that." Kyle said. "It's ok.' Abigail said. Then she kissed him on the cheek. "I guess I'll see you around." Abigail said. "Yeah see you later." Kyle said. Then Abigail said good bye to Sammy. Abigail ended by thanking Madeline for the information she gave her about her parents. Madeline told her that she was doing what she knew was right. After all the adults said good bye. They walked through the door and headed back to the coyote. While they are walking back Abigail turned around to get one last look at the place that helped her life find a new start according to her anyway.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: as always reviews are appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story