Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Way Of The Fist

Chapter 9. Just Pretending

by Banesraver666 0 reviews

Kairi is awoken by a masked person in the middle of the night. From there the boy feeds her lies & tries to convince her to leave the Leaf Village but, before he can tell her the truth about hersel...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Anko,Kakashi,Tsunade - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2013-04-25 - Updated: 2013-05-02 - 2367 words

0Unrated
~Kairi's P.O.V~

~Later On That Night, In Kairi's Room~

I awoke that night with a hand over my mouth & I quickly grabbed a kunai on the night stand but, it wasn't there. Shit I thought in my head.

The person looked down at me & smiled at me through the mask. "Now, we can't have you screaming your head off & waking mommy & daddy, now can we?" He said to me, playing with my kunai in his other hand, still staring at me.

Glaring at him, I stared at him. What do you want with me? I asked him telepathicly.

He smiled at me through the mask. "It's not me who wants you, it's someone else who has plans for you." He said to me.

Can you at least remove your hand from my mouth? I'm not going to scream, I promise. I said telepathicly to him.

The person nodded. "Of crouse." He said to me, removing his hand from my mouth.

"Thank you. Now what are you doing here, in my room. My parents are sleeping down the hall. Your risking your life by coming here, are you stupid or do you not care about your life?" I asked him.

He gave me a sly smile, under his mask. "Because, I'm here to tell you the truth about yourself. Something not even your parents or your godmother will tell you & as for me I'm just delivering a message from my boss." He said to me, getting off my bed & standing across the room, hiding in the shadows.

My eyes widened at this stranger's words the truth about myself? I'm just a normal girl, there's nothing special about me. I thought to myself.

The guy smiled at me again. "Your wrong about that. Have you ever wondered about why your so smart- so more advanced then some of the others?" He asked me.

Gulping, I stared at him. "No, not really. I just figured that I inherented my parents brains." I said to him.

He chuckled to me. "No, not quite Kairi. You have a demon in you, a demon that makes you smarter & more advanced while feeding on your chakra then amplifing it by ten fold." He said to me.

All of sudden, a kunai came from out of nowhere. "Get out of my house, you've said more then enough to my daughter. Leave before I kill you." My dad said out to the person.

The guy smiled at my father & backed up to the window. "See ya Kairi. We'll meet again in the future." Were his final words to me as he slipped out of the window & into the night.

Shutting the window & locking it for safe measure, he sat on the bed next to me. "Let me go wake mom & send Pakun out to go get Ibiki, Kurenai & Lady Tsuande then, we'll talk & awnser all your questions. K?" He said to me, kissing my forehead, as he summoned Pakun & told him to get Ibiki, Kurenai & Lady Tsuande.

I nodded to my father & waited until he left then, I got dressed. Once I was finished getting dressed, I headed down stairs, into the kitchen. Pausing at the kitchen door, I stopped when I heard my parents & Lady Hokage talking.

"She's not suppose to know" I heard mom said then, I heard dishes breaking after she spoke.

"Well, she knows now. The cat's out of the bag & I for one will not lie to her. We've kept it a secret long enough, it's time she knew." I heard Lady Tsuande say.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I turned my head & saw Ibiki give me a grim smile. "There's not much good in evesdropping when the subject's about you." He said to me, as we walked into the kitchen together.

The talking between the three adults stopped when I walked in with Ibiki.

I took a seat at the table with Ibiki next to me. Taking my hand under the table for a second, he squeezed it quickly then, folded them on the table. His squeeze was all I needed to reassure me that I was in no trouble & it wasn't my flaut. But, I knew this all ready.

Everyone took a seat at the table, there wasn't an empty seat left. With everyone's eyes on me, I felt like I was begin interrogated with Ibiki all over again.

I'm ok, I'm safe, their not mad at me. I thought to myself, as I folded my shaking hands onto the table.

Lady Tsuande broke the silence between everyone. "Kairi, it's ok to be scared, fear is what keeps us alive on the battlefield." She said to me, holding onto one of my moms hands.

Nodding my head, I asked the hardest question to awnser. "Why?"

My mother was the person to awnser the hard question. "You were born with it, it wasn't suppose to be able to come out, not with the seal the third Hokage placed on you just moments before you were born." Mom said, her voice shaky afterwards.

Dad eyed my mom. "Anko, the demon hasn't come out /yet/." He corrected her before continuing on. "It's name is Ryo, & it's the reason why your so smart & so advanced. When you little, you asked me why you could master some of the most jutsi's that your classmates could not, & that's why."

My eyes widened & the shock set it. "So, what if the seal is broken?" I asked them.

No one spoke because, no one dared to awnser it, at least not verbally. Even though all knew the awnser to it.

Tsuande had enough of the silence, along with all the tension in the air, it was so thick that no kunai could break it. "I'm not going to sit around while all of you sit there with kunai's up your asses. Kairi deserves an awnser & not silence. The only problem is you guys want to sugar coat it but, I won't." She said to everyone, her eyes cold & as hard as ice, as she turned to me, her eyes on me when she spoke to me. "A war will break out & all hell will break lose."

My heart stopped when my godmother said those words but, Ibiki got me out of my daze as he squeezed my hand again. "So, do I stay in the exams or do I drop out? This demon can cause a problem, especially during the Forest of Death." I said to them, noticing that Ibiki hadn't let go of my hand even after I got done speaking.

Dad let out a sigh. She's my daughter all right, sharp as a kunai. He thought to himself. "No, you'll stay in the exams." He said to me, adding to Lady Tsuande. "The Hokage will make an exception, just this once." He said to her, meeting the Hokage's eyes after he spoke. "You know the summoning jutsi, I taught you?"

I nodded my head. "Of crouse dad. You want to use it just in case something goes wrong right?" I asked him.

He nodded a "yes" to me. "Good job Kairi." He said to me, giving me a smile afterwards.

Mom who was quiet for the last hour, finally breaking her silence."Kakashi, you know the rules-," Dad cut her off. "Screw the rules Anko, this is our daughter after all." He coldly said to her.

Letting her hands slip from the Hokage & Kakashi's hands, she gave dad a glare that could cut through ice & slammed her fists on the kitchen table. "I don't care if she's our daughter Kakashi, if I treat her different then the rest of candidates then, I'm not doing my job right. Nobody's suppose to leave the forest or enter it once the gates are closed. Only the Hokage or I can enter or leave the forest." She said coldly to him.

Kurenai finally spoke up after begin silent for so long. "Then, station a graud at the tower. That's not breaking the rules. Only chunin & jonin grauds that are stationed at the tower can leave. Before the second stage begins inform them all that if Pakkun comes into the tower then, that's the signal that Kairi's in serious danger." She said to Anko.

Ibiki broke his silence as well. "I'll ask a couple of ANBU grauds to stay in the tower as well, & I'll inform the two that Lady Tsuande chooses about the signal as well. If that's ok with you Lady Hokage & Anko-chan." He said to them, adding to Kurenai. "Your forgetting that ANBU grauds & the captain can also enter or leave the forest as well. Only if the situation calls for it."

Kurenai eyed Ibiki. "That rule doesn't exist Ibiki, your making that up." She said to him.

Giving Kurenai a look that would even stop the greatest ninja in their tracks, he spoke. "Don't question me Kurenai, I didn't pull that out of my ass ask Lady Tsuande." Was all he said to her.

Lady Tsuande gave Kurenai a small smile. "He's right, the first Hokage placed that rule in the handbook of Protectors, only protectors would know but, that sounds like a good idea Ibiki." She said to them, adding to Ibiki. "Lay off of her Ibiki, she didn't know."

Kurenai frowned, she hated to be wrong but, she easily brushed it off. "Anko, what do you think, your the overseer of the second stage of the exams?" She asked her.

Anko frowned. She was all ready pissed off & this just added fuel to the fire inside her. "As much as I hate having ANBU in my jurisdiction of the exam. It needs to be done. I'm not ok with it but, I'll go along with it just because I have feeling that things might not go to plan again, & we can't have things happen like they did all those years again." She said to everyone.

Tsuande nodded & let out a yawn. "Ok I'm beat, is this meeting over yet? I like to get some sleep before dawn." She said after she got done yawning.

Staring at dad, mom waited on him to say something but, when he didn't she looked at everyone. "Yeah, I guess. Good night everyone, I'm sure we'll see each other sooner then we think before the months over with." She said to everyone, as she to let a yawn.

& with that said, everyone expect for Ibiki, myself & my parents disappeared back to their homes for the night.

Both of my parents stared at Ibiki."Ibiki, the meetings over, go home for crying out loud." Mom said to him, as she gave dad a kiss on the cheek then, watched him kiss my cheek & leave the kitchen, heading back to bed.

Ibiki stared at my mother & gave her a small smile. "Why don't you go back to bed Anko, I'll make sure Kairi goes to bed before I leave & head home for the night." He said to her.

Raising an eyebrow at him, mom at this point was to tired to argue. "You better or they'll have to replace the captain of ANBU." She said to him, as she walked over to me & kissed my cheek then, told me good night & left the kitchen, joining dad in the bedroom for the night.

I looked at Ibiki, as he grabbed my other hand then, stared at me directly in the eyes. "Kairi, I know this might surprise you but, I like you. Ever since my wife & daughter were killed, I've had no room in my heart for any emotion expect for grief & anger at the people who mindlessly killed them nearly six years ago. But, over the past week, you stirred something up inside my heart. I haven't felt love in a long time but, you've changed all that for me." He paused to take a breath then, continued on, his eyes never leaving mine. "I know our age difference will cause people to talk but, I could care less about that. There's not many women who can see past the scars & focus on what's the inside but, you can see me for who I am & that says something. If you don't feel the same I understand, you've been through a lot the past week, & I understand-," I cut him off, he was talking to much.

"So, it's not the age that makes a person, it's what's inside & Maybe a realtionship is what I need right now Ibiki-kun. But, what about my parents, they'll notice something?" I asked him, as he rubbed his thumb in the middle of my hand.

Ibiki gave me a smile. "Your parents have an age difference between them, I'm sure they'll understand one day but, not right now." He said to me, letting go of my hands, he took his gloves off then, placed them on the table & placed his hands on my cheeks, adding to me. "You can say no to this next part."

Looking at him, I gave him another smile. "Why would I say no to you? The man who let me know that it's ok to cry & who took me to the hospital. You know, if weren't for you, I'd still be laying face down on the desk. So, in a way maybe this is my thanks for doing everything that've you've done for me over the past week." I said to him, as I moved closer to him.

He moved closer to me as well."I'll never hurt you because, there's all ready to much of that in the world as it is." He said to me, stroking some lose hair that fell from behind my ear as he spoke to me.

"I wouldn't dream of you hurting me Ibiki, I'm not the enemy of another village." I said to him, as our faces drew closer & closer together.

Giving me another smile, he looked into my eyes. "Were both going to shut up now & kiss each other before we sit in the kitchen all night trying to avoid it." He said to me, chuckling afterwards as he kissed me with his arms wrapped around my waist & my arms wrapped around his scarred neck...

~End of Kairi's P.O.V~
Sign up to rate and review this story