Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to SPD

ch 10: The new ranger's side kicks

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-16 - Updated: 2013-05-22 - 4504 words

0Unrated
Tracy's POV

Outside the base in the training area I was so happy that everything was getting back to normal around SPD. "All right, everyone come on out" I yell as I toss the team's Pokéballs onto the air. Pokémon called out their names and we go to work. "Beautifly and Blastoise you are up first. Blastoise bubble, Beautifly string shot." I told my butterfly and turtle Pokémon. As the bubbles come toward Beautify, its string shot popped every single bubble and the water spray caused Beautifly's wing to sparkle even more in the sun. "Good work you two. You both are looking great. Ok Skitty and Pikachu, you're up next." I complement.

Skitty and Pikachu nod. "Skitty Assist, Pikachu Iron Tail." I command. Skitty's Assist produces Ancient Power and it comes within range. When Pikachu's Iron Tail comes in contact with Ancient Power, the sphere is shattered into tiny pieces. Cruger walks up. "Well, our newest cadets are looking good" he says. "Oh Commander, I didn't see you walk up and I could not agree more. Wait, did you say cadets?" I ask him confused.

"Yes I did. They have been helping us in protecting the city." he answers. "True and it's also helped them to get even stronger." I add. "I am aware that your Pokémon team needs to train, but don't forget that you need to train as well." He tells me. "Don't worry sir I was planning on doing some training in a few minutes." I say confidently. Cruger nods then exits. Training continues for ten more minutes.

I head to the range with Pikachu on my shoulder. Upon arrival, I enter the range and set Pikachu on the floor. I approach a machine in the room. "Well, I guess it is time I did a little training myself." I say. "Ok, so how does this thing work?" I think to myself

Sky enters. "Hi Tracy, need some help?" he asks. I jump back, fall and land right on my butt. "Man, Sky, next time warn somebody when you are going to do that." I snap. He offers his hand and helps me up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He apologizes "No worries and thanks. I could use the help." I say accepting his apology.

Sky starts up the machine and the targets begin to float around the room. "OK, I can do this." I think to myself as I take aim; begin firing my blaster at the targets. When I am finished, the machine said ok. "Ok, you ready to try again?" he asks. "Yup." I answer.

Sky starts the machine up again and the targets begin to float around the room. I take aim again but before I can fire my blaster, Pikachu wakes up from his deep sleep, springs off my shoulder and used Thunderbolt. This destroys all of the targets. "Pikachu, what has gotten into you, you've had your training for the day." I say trying not to get too mad at my best friend. "But Tracy, you have got to admit that was amazing tough." Sky says very impressed with what he just witnessed.

"True, but this was supposed to help me with my accuracy and this machine is not calibrated for Pikachu or the rest of my team." I tell him. Kat enters the room with a CD in her hand. "Hi Kat what on the CD" I ask her very curious. Kat explains that she had created a program that will allow two different sets of targets to be released at the same time.

"Sounds cool, let's try it." I say very egger. Kat puts the new program into the machine and starts it up. Pikachu and I take aim and both of us destroyed all the targets. The display reads "Exceptional". "WOW! Kat that is very cool but will it work with all my other Pokémon?" I ask her. She answers that she hasn't been able to see how it will react to the different kind's attacks that my Pokémon use, I offer to have my Pokémon help her with the experiment and I still could get some more training to boot. She expects my offer and we work of about ten more minutes

In Kat's lab she was plugging in the information from the experiment in the computer. "Well Tracy, I'm very impressed with all of your Pokémon and their power was incredible. Kat complements. "Thanks for the compliment Kat." I say with a smile. "You are very welcome. Are they all ok after that long session?" Kat asks concerned.

"Yeah, they are fine, just a little tired." I say confidently. Pikachu's stomach growls loudly. "And little hungry too." I chuckle. "You know that we were able to program some food for them in the food synthesizer." She explains as she hands me a tray of Pokémon food. I let the team out and gave them their lunch. After they finished, I put everything away and put the team back into their Pokéballs. Then the rangers are called to the command center.

Normal POV

The alarm had gone off again. Commander Cruger called the team to the command center. The team enters the command center a few seconds later. "Ok, cadets, there have been a string of robberies lately that I need you to go and investigate." Cruger explains. "We are on it Sir." Sky said trying to act as the red ranger. Tracy starts to have to daydream about the day Michael and her first meet. Cruger sees a goofy grin creeping across her face.

"Tracy did you just hear what I said?" Cruger asks trying to get her to come back to earth. "Yes sir." Tracy says trying to wipe the grin form her face. "Than what did I just say?" he asks. "Uh... something about robberies, I think." She answers. "All right, everyone get to work." He orders. The five rangers leave the command center. Tracy walks to her room and go inside. Pikachu jumps onto her shoulder the two of leave to go to work.

Pikachu and Tracy were patrolling the city. "Well, pal, looks like everything is in good shape. We should head back." Tracy says hoping that she didn't just jinx anything. Pikachu spots smoke rising from the east. "Pika Pi" Pikachu says quickly. "What's up Pikachu?" she asks her partner. Pikachu points in the direction of the smoke. "A fire! Let's go see if we can help." She suggests. Tracy runs off in the direction of the smoke with Pikachu on her shoulder.

Tracy's POV

Pikachu and I arrive at the scene as flames and smoke shoot up towards the sky I see two little boys clearly very scared yelling from the upstairs balcony."Help us, please!" the boys yell at the top of their lungs. "Don't worry, I going to help you just remain calm." I say trying to calm down the two boys.

I take out Charizard Pokéball. "Charizard, I need your help, come out." I say as I tossed its Pokéball into the air. "Wow! There is another Pokémon trainer in new tech city." They yell together. I fly up to the window where the children are. "You two ok/ what are your names?" I ask as I put them on Charzard's back.

"Hi, I am Johnny." a boy around the age of 8 answers. "And I am Xavier." the other boy who looks to be about 6 year old answers. "Where is your babysitter?" I ask. "She ran away when the fire started." Johnny answers. "Man, she is not a very responsible babysitter, but we can talk about that later. Let's get you two out of here." I say very disappointed in the babysitter's lack of commitment to the children. We fly them to safety and set the boys on the ground.

"OH NO!" Xavier yells very upset. "What is wrong Xavier?" I ask him. "Chelle, she is still trapped inside!" he answers still very scared. "Who is Chelle?" I ask. "She's our baby sister." He responds. "Ok, you two stay put and I will be right back" I tell them.

I fly back inside the house but I know that I have to work fast because the flames were spreading fast. I use Blastoise's water gun attack to douse some of the flames but the smoke was getting thicker. I begin to crawl down the hall. Luckily the baby's room was just down the hall. When I got to her room, I check to see if the door was safe to open but the door was hot to the touch.

"Blastoise, use Skull Bash to break down the door, after that cool down the room with Rain Dance." I command. After I entered the room, I saw the little baby and she wasn't even crying. "Wow! You are one brave baby, now how about we get you out of here?" I said smile at the 12 month old. I see that the curtains are still in good shape.

"Ok, Kecleon, come out and use Slash on the curtains." I say tossing its Pokéball. After Kecleon does this, I have to make a make-shift towel to wrap the baby in to protect her from the smoke (it was wet down by Blastoise's Bubble attack). Then I pick up the baby and wrap her up. "Ok team, let's get out of here." I say trying to remain as calm as possible.

As we leave the room, the support bean for the door frame falls down towards us but Blastoise uses Hydro Pump and knocks it away. We get back to the window which we entered. I have the baby in one hand and supported against my right shoulder. I put Kecleon and Blastoise back inside their Pokéballs and climb onto Charizard. I fly down to the ground and give Chelle to Johnny. "Thank you and you are our hero!" the boys say in unison. "Thank, boys, I need to get back home." I say smiling at them. "Are you a Power Ranger?" Johnny asks. "Yes I am. I guess the uniform gave it away." I answer.

Normal POV

The boy's parents come running up. "Xavier, Johnny, Chelle, thanks goodness you are alright!" Mrs. Andrews says as she begins frantically hugging and kissing her two sons and daughter. "Mom, you're embarrassing me!" Xavier whines. "Hi, I am Marie and this is my husband Philip. Thank you so much for saving our children. How can we every repay you umm?" she says with tears of joy in her eyes. "Oh, you don't need to know my name and knowing that your family is safe and still all here that is all the reward that I need." Tracy says very modestly. She hears the fire truck sirens so Pikachu jumps on her shoulder. she puts Charzard back in it's pokeball and she leaves.

Tracy walks in the base and Kat comes up to her. "Hi Tracy, did you get information about the robberies?" Kat asks. "No, I couldn't find anything out at all." Tracy answers. "So did anything interesting happen on your patrol?" she asks continuing to play 20 questions. "No." Tracy says knowing full well that she was lying. "Then why your uniform smells like smoke?" she ask catching her bluff. "No, no it doesn't." Tracy says lying again. "Tracy." She snaps. "Ok, while we were on our way back to the base, Pikachu saw smoke in the distance so I decided to investigate and that's all." Tracy explains.

Tracy went to her room and Kat walks to the common room and turns on the TV. The reporter says breaking news Update about a house fire that broke out about a half hour ago. I have good news to report to all our viewers, all of the children that were trapped inside, including a twelve month old baby girl, were rescued by a brave young heroine from the S.P.D. Academy. Now we will go live to Alyssa, on the scene with the Andrews family. Alyssa.

The reporter signals the tech crew to go to the reporter on the scene. "Thanks Taylor. I am here with the Andrews family. Is there anything that you would like to tell the viewers?" Alyssa says. The reporter bends down so that Xavier can reach the mic. "Yes I do, nice reporter lady." Xavier says. "And what is your name?" Alyssa asks the little boy. "Xavier." He answers. "Well, Xavier, go ahead." She says with a smile.

"All I want to say is thanks to the cadet who saved me, my brother, and sister. She taught me that girls can be heroes too." He says. "You heard it here everyone. Girls can be heroes too so back to you in the studio." She says smiling. Kat turns the TV off and heads back to the command center. Meanwhile, in Tracy's room she changes into a clean uniform and as she leave the room the alarm goes off.

The rangers rush into the command center. "There is a robbery in progress at the First National Bank." Cruger tells. "We are on it Sir." Sky says still trying to steal some of Tracy's thunder. The team morphs and race off to the scene, Tracy follows behind them. All of a sudden she feels dizzy and catches herself by placing her hand on the wall. "Hey Tracy, are you ok?" Bridge asks very concerned. "Yes, don't work, I'm fine. I'll catch up, you get going." she orders.

The rangers follow her order and go on a head. "You sure you are alright?" Cruger asks knowing full that something wasn't right. "Yes, don't worry about me, Sir, I'm fine." she says confidently as she pushes herself off the wall and go off to help the others. As soon as she takes one step, she feels dizzy again. This time she couldn't react quick enough to catch herself and she falls to the floor demorphed. He runs over to Tracy and picks her up and set her on his knee. "Tracy, wake up!" he said as he shook her. Tracy opens her eyes for a split second to take a breath. "Don't worry sir, I'm fine...I" she says weakly before she faints. Cruger carries her to the infirmary.

In the infirmary Cruger is standing next to Tracy's bed very concerned for his red ranger. "Doc Felix, any idea what is wrong with Tracy?" he baggers the doctor. "Not yet sir, but I am running a blood test as we speak. I should have the results in a few minutes." He explains. Cruger looks over at the machine and notices that her pulse is starting to slow down. Doc Felix goes to get the defibulator and shocks her. He looks over at the monitor and it reads that her pulse is low. "Come on Tracy! Show me that fighting spirit of yours." Doctor Felix says as he sets up the defibulator again and shocks her again.

A few seconds he hears the faint sound of her voice. "Never give up." Tracy says weakly. The monitor jumps to life showing a normal resting heart beat and she begin to wake up. "You had me scared there for a while, cadet." Doctor Felix says with a smile. "Believe me, I wasn't trying to." She says weakly. "It's all right; at least you are alright now." Cruger adds. "Sorry sir, I hate to disappoint you, but..." she says barely auditable.

Then a few seconds after Tracy said that, she faints again. "Tracy, no!" Cruger yells. Doc Felix puts the defibulator away and takes out his thermometer and takes her temperature to make sure that what the monitor says is correct. The reading on the thermometer is 104 degrees and the monitor reads the same. The problem is that the temperature is starting to rise. "Cruger, we have to do something to bring down her fever, and fast." Dr. Felix says trying not to panic. Commander Cruger leaves and returns with a basin filled with water and a few damp towels.

He places a towel on my forehead and his assistant comes in and hands him the results of the blood test. "Thank you Sophia." he says. She nodes and left the room. "So what is the prognosis, doctor?" Cruger asks. "I have good news that her blood test came back negative for any virus but the bad news is that it came back positive for some type of chemical poison." He explains.

"Poisoned! What kind of Poison?" Cruger ask. "That is what we have to figure out. Until then she needs to be monitored closely." He says. Cruger offers so stay so Dr. Felix left her in his very capable hands. About fifteen minutes later, Pikachu comes in and begins to help Cruger take care of me. Pikachu sees the towels on his partner's forehead is dry so he hands Cruger a new one.

All of Tracy's Pokémon let themselves out of their Pokeballs and she wakes up. "That's my team. When one is sick or injured you will all be right there to help." Tracy says with a smile. They all nod and she falls back asleep. They all go to work. Charizard keeps its distance so that its Tail Flame wouldn't get splashed but it keeps the room warm. Blastoise makes sure that the level in the basin wouldn't get too low. Pikachu and Kecleon continue to wring out the towels. Skitty carries them over to Cruger on its tail. Beautifly uses its Psychic attack to carry the dry towels back to the basin to get wet again.

Cruger's morpher sounds. "No, not now." He whispers under his breath. "Sir, we could use some back up. Where is Tracy?" Sky's voice says form the other end. "I'll tell you later, I'm on my way." He says into his morpher. Cruger heads out to help the rangers.

In front of the First National Bank the ranger were battle the criminal. "Hmm, only four rangers, that means my plan worked." The criminal said very pleased with himself. "What plan?" Sky asks. Cruger rides in on his A.T.V. "Its plan to weaken the team by poisoning one of our fellow rangers." Cruger says as he gets off the A.T.V. "Wait! Tracy has been poisoned?" Bridge asks. The shadow ranger simply nods.

"You may have figured out my plan but you can help your friend with this." the criminal says as he takes out a vial filed with a blue liquid from his pocket. "That must be the antidote." Sky states. "Yes, too bad your friend will never get it."the criminal saya laughing manically

As he begins to throw the vial towards the ground hoping that it would smash into many tiny pieces. "No!" the rangers yell. Pikachu comes blurring by using quick attack and caught the vial before it hits the ground. "What was that?" the criminal asks. "Our new friend." Cruger answers.

"Well, your new friend is fast, I'll give you that, but can it deflect this?" the criminal says with an evil smirk. The criminal fires its lasers at Pikachu. Pikachu, look out" Bridge warns. Pikachu uses Iron Tail and deflects the laser blast back towards the criminal. It sends the monster flying backwards. "Good Work Pikachu. Now go back to the base quick" Cruger tells the electric mouse. He nods and the rangers continue to battle the criminal

Back in the infirmary Kat and Doc Felix are standing next to Tracy's bed. "How is she doing doctor?" Kat asks concerned for her friend. "Her fever has gone down but it's still too high" Dr. Felix answers. Then Pikachu comes into the room with the vial with the antidote clenched in his teeth and collapses on the floor. Kat walks over to Pikachu and picks him up and cradles him in her arms. "Is he ok?" She asks. "He's exhausted but hold on, what is that in his teeth?" Felix says as he took the vile out of Pikachu's teeth

"It looks like the antidote." Kat says trying not to sound like captain obvious. "Well, it looks like the antidote but how do we know it's not a fake?" Dr. Felix adds. Kat walks over to the bed and places Pikachu on Tracy's chest. Kat notices that she is getting worse. "Doctor, Tracy can't wait much longer and I may not know Pikachu that well but he risked getting injured or captured just to bring it back to help her. She needs the antidote now!" she snaps. "You are right Miss Manx's." Dr. Felix says. Doctor Felix walks over to the bed and tilts Tracy's head back. He pours the antidote into her mouth. He looks over at the monitor and sees that her fever is breaking and the rangers rush into the room. "How is Tracy doing?" Sky shouts. Doctor Felix places his right index finger over his lips, signaling them that they need to whisper. "Sorry, how is she doing?" he asks again lowering his voice. "Her fever just broke a few minutes ago and she has finally gone to sleep." He whispers.

Tracy's POV

I wake up and so does Pikachu too. "You know that I can still hear you, right?" I say half awake. "Sorry" Sky apologizes. "That's ok" I say accepting his apology. Pikachu, Skitty, and Kecleon all give me a big hug. "Ok gang, I'm ok." I say trying not to laugh. "If Pikachu hadn't gone out into the field to help us get the antidote, you would still have a 104 degree fever." Cruger explains. "I have told you before, we are more than a team, and we are like one big family." I say yawning. Than Pikachu, Skitty, Kecleon, and I fell asleep again.

Normal POV

"We should leave now and let them rest." Cruger says. They all leave the room so Tracy could get some peace and quiet to rest. They continue their conversation in the hallway leading to the infirmary. "Doc Felix do you have any idea how long until Tracy will be fully recovered?" Sky asks. "That's hard to say, Sky. That poison took a lot out of her to fight it but I will check on her in a few hours to see how her recovery is progressing." Dr. Felix answers.

In the command center the rangers were standing around the computer. "There is one thing that I don't understand." Sky says. "What is that Sky?" Cruger asks the blue ranger. "How did the criminal poison her in the first place?" he asks. "I think that I might know." Kat says.

Kat shows the footage from Tracy's patrol and they see her rescue the children from the fire. "Kat, rewind it" Sky says. Kat starts to rewind the footage. "Stop it right there. Now zoom in and play it in slow motion." he says. They watch the footage again and see a dart the size of the tip of a cats claw pierce her right arm. "Well, now we know how she got poisoned but why didn't she tell us about the fire?" he asks. "Maybe she didn't want everyone to treat her like some big hero." She answers. "That sounds like Tracy." Cruger thinks to himself. "She might not want everyone to treat her like a hero but those children sure will." Bridge adds.

As the rangers leave the command center, they run into a young couple with two young boys and a twelve month baby girl. "Hello cadets. I am Marie Andrews, this is my husband Philip, sons Xavier and Johnny and daughter Chelle. We were wondering if you know the name of the cadet who saved our children." Marie asks. "Yes, Ma'am, I do. Her name is Tracy. Oh my name is Skyler Tate but my friends call me "Sky." Sky answers. "Nice to meet you, Sky, but do you know where we can find Tracy?" she asks.

"Yes I do, she's in the infirmary." He answers "Mom, what is an infirmary?" Xavier asks "The infirmary, Xavier, is like a little hospital." Marie says answering her son's question. "Can we go and see her mom?" he asks. "I don't know Xavier." She answers, Xavier looks at her with puppy dog eyes. "Pretty please mom, with a cherry on top." He pleads. "Ok, you win this time Xavier." She says giving in to her son's look.

Tracy's POV

Sky is showing the Andrews family to the infirmary. They enter the room and Sky sees that I was out of bed. "Tracy, you should be in bed." He snaps. "Don't worry, I was just stretching, that's all and you have friends." I say. The boys run to me and give me a bear hug. I groan. "Thanks again for saving us. You are our hero" they say in unison.

I bend down so I can be at their level. "Xavier... Hold on, how do you know my name?" I ask. "Sorry, I kinda told them." Sky apologizes. "It's ok, Sky, you're forgiven" I say with a smile. "I think we should get going now boys she still need her rest, so it is time to say goodbye." Marie says. "Aw mom! Do we have to?" the boys whine. "Yes. Now let's go. I called your cousin Michael and we are going to stay with him and your uncle Austin for awhile. They will be here soon." She informs them

Michael walks in the room. "I heard my name" He says with a smile. "Thank you again for helping us out." She says giving him a hug. "No problem. We are family after all." He says modestly. The boys hug me again and thank me for the tenth time and leave the room. Michael told them to go wait for him in the car. I get off my knees and stand up. He turns around and walks toward me. "Thank you for saving my little cuzs." He says very grateful. "No problem. I didn't want to see a family get torn apart." I say with a smile. "You know you are so cute when you act like that." He says smiling back. "I know" I say.

I walk toward my bed but my legs are weak from sitting on my knees for so long. I fall forward but Michael catches me. "Nice catch." I say still smiling. "Thanks "he says smiling. Michael helps me the rest of the way to my bed. "You didn't have to do that, you know" I remind him. "I know. I wanted to." he says as he leans in closer and kisses me on the cheek. "So was that a thank you gift." I say smiling. "Yes so I better get going." he says. "Yeah see you later." I say waving good bye. Michael leaves the room and so does Sky. "Wow, he kissed me." I think to myself.
Sign up to rate and review this story