Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to SPD

Ch 11: new side kicks first visit

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-17 - 2214 words

0Unrated
AN: Chapter takes place two days after Tracy rescued Xavier and Johnny.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracy's POV

In the command centerI was working on the computer. "I know that I should be resting but I need to figure out why someone would set the Andrew family's house on fire." I thought to myself. I was working so hard that I didn't notice that Kat had come in. "Tracy what are you doing here? You shouldn't be out of bed." She says sounding like my mom instead of my friend. "I fine it has been a week but I need to find who set the Andrew's house on fire and why." I explain. "Try two days and you shouldn't overdue it." she reminds me.

Then Commander Cruger comes in."Sir, if you are going to yell at me, you are too late. Kat already did that" I say looking up from the screen. "I wasn't going to yell at you." He says. "You weren't?" I ask kind of surprised. "I figured that you would be here." He says. "Man you know me a little too well, Sir." I say with a smile.

"That I do cadet, and if you out any information on the fire or who did it, don't go off and capture them." He says giving me a stern look. "Well I was going to." I scoff. Cruger gives me the "Oh really" look. "Ok, fine." I say in defeat. Xavier and Johnny burst into the room carrying their book bags and I get up from my chair.

"Xavier, Johnny, freeze! The command center is not a playground and you boys are not allowed in here." I snap. "Why?" asks Xavier. "Because we are not cadets, dummy." Johnny answers. "Johnny, what did your mom say about being nice to your brother?" I ask him. Johnny turns around and apologizes to his brother. "That's better." I say with a smile.

"Tracy, could you help me and Johnny with our homework?" asks Xavier. "Maybe later I'm trying to find the bad guy who set your house on fire." I explain."ok" Xavier says politely. "What about finding our real babysitter." Johnny says."What do you mean, your real babysitter, Johnny?" I ask him."Well the babysitter that usually takes care of us was nice to us." He explains.

"And she talked pretty." Xavier adds."She talked pretty?" I ask confused."She had an Australian accent and the babysitter who took care of us that day didn't." explains Johnny."Maybe your parents hired a new babysitter?" I ask."Our parents are over protective. They only hire Miss Alyson and if she is not available we have to go to cousin's house." Explains Xavier. "I guess your parent must have trust issues" I say.

The boys nod. "That means the bad guy who set our house on fire kidnapped Miss Alyson and copied her appearance to trick mom and dad." Xavier blurts. "Come on, Xavier, now that bad guy is smart." Johnny says. "You're jealous that I came up with a good explanation." Xavier protests. "More like unrealistic expectation." Johnny says trying to push his little bro buttons. "What did you say?" Xavier says as he starts to get mad. "An unrealistic expectation." Johnny taunts. "Oh! That's it!" Xavier yells.

Xavier runs toward Johnny and they start fighting. "Xavier, Johnny, knock it off!" I yell. The boys ignore me and continue to call each other names. After more than 10 more seconds Cruger and Kat separates them and I thank them. "Johnny started it." Xavier whines. "I don't care who started it. I'm ending it right now." I said kina sound like a mom. Johnny sticks his tongue out at Xavier.

"Tracy! Johnny's making funny faces at me." Xavier whines again. "No I'm not. He's lying." Johnny snaps. "Ok boys, if both of you don't stop this bickering right now. I won't be helping you two with your homework." I warn. "But you just said that you would." Xavier whines.

Then I notice my voice is becoming horse. "I know but I can change my mind." I say in a horsey tome. "Tracy?" asks Johnny. "What is it Johnny?" I ask him as my voice gets worse. "Your voice sounds funny. Are you alright?" he asks. I clear my throat. "Don't worry sweetie, I'm fine. " I answer as my voice is still hoarse.

"Sounds like you are losing your voice cadet. You should go and see Doc Felix." Cruger says. I clear my throat again but when I spoke my voice went from horse to raspy in one fell swoop. "But sir..." I say in a raspy tone. "No buts, that's an order." Cruger growls. "But I still have to..." I say still in a raspy tone. Cruger growls louder and I frown. "Ok, ok, I'm going." I say in a raspy tone.

I walk into the infirmary. Xavier and Johnny are standing next to Kat."Hello Tracy. How are you feeling today?" Dr. Felix asks. "I'm feeling fine." I say in a raspy tone."All accept your voice. It sounds like you are gargling nail." He says trying to make a joke. "If that was supposed to be a joke don't quit your day job doc." I says in a raspy tone.

After Doc Felix finishes his exam he tells me that I have laryngitis and orders me not to speak at all for one week. After he told me that the tone of my voice changes. "A whole week!" I say in shock with a horsey tone. "Starting right now." He says. "Any idea on why she even got laryngitis in the first place?" Kat asks. "My best guess is that the poison could have caused her vocal cords to swell up while it was building up on her system. After the antidote was beginning to affect and stopping the poison from moving through her blood stream, some of her blood was still contaminated and could have flowed to her vocal cords causing the laryngitis."he explains.

After Doc Felix finishes his explanation, the boys look at Kat and have a very confused look on their faces. "Ok, Doc makes sense to me" Kat says. "Johnny, did you understand any of that?" Xavier asks his brother. "No, sorry Xavier." Johnny answers. As we are leaving the room, Doc Felix hands me a small dry erase board with a red dry erase marker and tells me to use that whenever I want to say something. "Man, this is going to be the worse week of my life." I think to myself

The next day

In the common room I,m sitting on the couch eating a Popsicle. Kat enters with Pikachu riding on her shoulder as she sees two Popsicle wrappers on the counter. "Tracy I know you want to get better but I don't think eating Popsicles is going to help." Kat says. I finish the Popsicle that I was eating and throw the stick away. I go to get another one but Pikachu trips me, I drop it and growl. I throw the Popsicle away and grab the grape juice that I put out on the counter just in case something went wrong with my Popsicle remedy. Sky enters the room.

"Hi Tracy. Kat told me that you lost your voice. Wow a week without talking has to be hard for a girl but not for a guy." Sky says. I quickly write a response on the dry erase board and give it to Kat to read. "Maybe Kat should come up with some kind of invention that will give you laryngitis and see how long before you would crack." Kat reads. "Kat!" Sky snaps. "She wrote it." Kat says.

"Cruger wants us all to meet in the Command Center." He tells us. "Come on Tracy, you should come to." Kat says with a smile. Kat gives the board back to me and I erase what I wrote. I write one word and give it back to Kat. "Why? Because you are still a Ranger." she reminds me as she read what I wrote.

Kat gives the board back to me and I write "No I'm not, without my voice I'm as useful as a burnt candle during a blackout," and return the board to Kat. "Don't be like that. You are still an important part of the team." She says trying to convince me other wise. I know that Kat is right like always. She returns the board to me. We all leave and head down to the Command Center. While we are walking, Kat puts her hand on my shoulder and I look up at her. I see that reassuring smile appear on her face. "Tracy, don't worry, all of us are going to be by your side until you get your voice back." She says with a smile. I give her a smile back and mouth "Thank You".

Normal POV

Sky, Tracy, and Kat walk in the Command Center. "Good, we're all here." Cruger says. "What's the problem, Commander?" Sky asks. "There is no problem. It's just that Commander Birdie is coming for a visit tomorrow." Cruger answers. "Doesn't he give us some kind of warning?" Sky asks in shock. "Not this time, Sky." Cruger answers.

Cruger looks over at Tracy and sees a worried look on her face. She tries to calm down but couldn't she knew that she would ruin everything. Then Commander Birdie calls the Command Center over the video screen. "Commander Cruger, Rangers." Birdie says. The Rangers all stand at attention. "I am just calling to tell you that I will be arriving at 10 o'clock tomorrow morning." He announces. "Alright Sir, we will be ready." Cruger says confidently "Good, I will see you then." Birdie says. Birdie signs off and Cruger looks over at Tracy again. This time she has a look of pure terror on her face.

"Great! The first time Commander Birdie comes with me as the new Red Ranger and I can't even speak a word. I can't see how this could get any worse." she thought to herself. "Alright cadets, we have a lot of work to do. Dismissed." Cruger says. The rangers salute and leave the Command Center.

Kat's POV

I'm working on some filing when Commander Cruger walks into the lab. "Hello sir." I greet him. "Kat do you think that Tracy is nervous about Birdie's visit?" he asks "I would say that it's more terrified than nervous, Sir." I answer "Any ideas why she would be feeling that way?" he asks. "While she and I were talking in the common room, she wrote that she didn't even consider herself a Ranger because she can't speak." I explain.

"How long did Doc Felix say she had to go without talking again?" he asks continuing the game of 20 questions. "A whole week starting yesterday." I answer. "I would vouch that she is having a hard time." He states "Yes, I believe that her exact words were that she is as useful as a burned out candle during a blackout." I say. "Wow! Isn't she being a little too hard on herself?" he says. "I told her that same thing but she look convinced that she still had something to contribute to the team." I say.

Tracy walks into the lab with Pikachu on her shoulder. "Hi Commander, Kat." she says in a raspy tone. "Tracy, you shouldn't be talking and where is the board that Doc Felix gave you?" I asks her. She give me the "I don't know" shrug. Then answers "Uh, I lost it." she says. Pikachu jumps off her shoulder. Pikachu comes back with the board balanced on his head and gives it to her. She mouths "Dang" and takes the board from Pikachu. He tries to make Tracy smile by using his tail to tickle her. She lets out a muffled laugh.

"Well, that's better. It's good to see you smile again." Cruger says. Tracy bends down and pets Pikachu on the head. "Don't get used to seeing it, Sir." she says in her raspy voice. "Your voice will be gone completely if you keep talking cadet." he warns. Tracy knows that he is right. She also knew it ss hard to do her daily duties without talking. "And cadet, don't worry about Birdie's visit, they are always brief." he says trying to get her to relax.

Tracy's POV

I write down my response. It reads "Sir, if that was supposed to make me feel better, it didn't work. I hand it to Cruger. "Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor cadet." He says. Cruger hands me the board back. I erase what I wrote before. I then write "What, I make a fool of myself in front of Birdie and let everyone down, especially you?" I hand the pad back to Cruger and he reads what I wrote. "Don't worry cadet; you need to have a little faith. Everything is going to be fine, I promise." He says in a reassuring tone. He hands the board back to me. Again I erase it and write "Ok, sir. You are the Commander after all and thank you." I return the board to Cruger. "You're welcome, cadet." He says.
Sign up to rate and review this story