Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to SPD

Ch 12: Birdie's Visit

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-21 - 2232 words

0Unrated
Tracy's POV

The next day in Shuttle Bay 5 we all were waiting for Birdie to arrive. I am shaking like a leaf but I had to relax. I know that my Pokémon team could sense that I'm nervous and that would make them nervous too. I take a few deep breaths to calm down. A few minutes later Birdie's shuttle lands and he steps out. "Welcome to S.P.D Earth Station, Sir." Commander Cruger greets. "Thank you, Anubis. So where is this new ranger you have told me so much about?" Birdie asks. Commander Cruger and Supreme Commander Birdie are walking toward me. "This is the newest Ranger, Sir. This is Tracy and her Pokémon team." Cruger says as he gestures towards me.

"It's nice to meet you cadet. I have heard so many good things about you and your Pokémon." Birdie says proudly. I try to get the board out but I drop it. Pikachu couldn't take it anymore so he uses the Thunderbolt on me. "Pikachu, what did you do that for?" I snap. "Now that is a true friend." Birdie thinks to himself. "It's nice to meet you too Sir." I say. Cruger and Birdie head to the Command Center to talk."Man, I made such a fool of myself." I say as I look down at my feet. "Don't be too hard on yourself. It's good to hear your voice again. The last thing you want is to over work it." Kat says trying to make me feel better. I nod.

Normal POV

The Command Center the commanders were talking about what just happened. "I thought you told me that she had lost her voice." Birdie says. "She did Sir, trust me. I think that Pikachu's Thunderbolt temporarily gave Tracy her voice back." Cruger explains. "Makes sense" he replies. "So Birdie, what are your thoughts on Tracy?" Cruger asks."It is obvious from what I saw from Supreme Command's footage that she has great leadership skills and all her Pokémon have become a vital part of S.P.D. in helping bring in criminals." He answers. "It is hard to disagree with you there Sir." Cruger agrees. Cruger and Birdie walk back to the shuttle bay.

Tracy's POV

Meanwhile back in the shuttle bay, Pikachu and the other Pokémon were growling. "Hey Tracy, what is wrong with Pikachu and the others?" Bridge asks. "My best guess is I that they sense that someone or something is hiding somewhere." I reply. "You think that we have a security breach?" Bridge questions. "Probably" I answer.

Cruger and Birdie enter the room and as soon as they do, I see a laser blast heading toward them. I give Kat the team's Pokeballs. "Commander Cruger, Commander Birdie, Watch out!" I yell. Pikachu runs over to help them. "Pikachu Thunderbolt." I command my partner. Pikachu's attacks destroyed the laser blasts. I go over to the commanders. "Are you two alright?" I ask. "Yes, thank you cadet." Cruger replies.

Pikachu is still looking like it knows the battle was not over. "Who is shooting at is Cruger?" Birdie asks his fellow commander. "I don't know sir." Cruger answers. "Pika Pi" my electric mouse Pokémon warns. "Pikachu, what is wrong?" I ask. Pikachu points up to the rafters and I see the intruder. I nod to let Pikachu know what is trying to tell me.

"Pikachu, I see him. Use Thunderbolt and see if that gets him to come down and make this fight a little more even sided." I say. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt but its attack falls short if its mark. "Hey, I guess that electric rodent needs a little more training." Taunts the intruder. "Why don't you come down here and you'll see how well it has been trained, you coward." I say fully confident in my partner's abilities. "Why you little..." snaps the intruder.

The Intruder jumps down from the rafters and stands a good foot taller than me. "I am not afraid of you because only cowards pick on the small." I say still standing tall. "You may not be afraid of me now but you will be soon enough." says the intruder with a devilish grin. The Intruder runs toward me and grabs me by the neck. He starts to choke me.

"How about now cadet?" he asks. "Sorry, no. If I were you, I would let me go now." I say with a smile. "Why?" he asks. "Because a close range Thunder Attack is going to hurt you more than it will hurt me." I reply. "Yeah right that electric rodent doesn't have the guts." He taunts. "You don't know Pikachu like I do. Pikachu use Thunder Now and don't hold back." I command.

Pikachu hesitated but I knew that it would do what nodded to be done. "Come on pal I know you don't want hurt me but don't worry I'll be fine. Just do it use Thunder now!" I yell. Pikachu nods and used thunder the intruder screams out in pain and throws me towards the wall. The intruder fell to his knees. "Pika Pi" yells my partner as he runs to me. "Don't worry pal I'm ok. I know that you could do it" I say with a smile.

I get to my feet and I feel a sharp pain coming from my right shoulder. The intruder slowly gets to his feet. "Well that rodent has been trained well but how fast can it run." he says laughing manically. "What are you talking about?" I ask. The intruder takes another lazer from his pocket and fires another blast towards commander Birdie. I knew that Pikachu is fast but he is not going to be able to help this time. I run over to were commander Birdie are standing.

"Commander Birdie look out" I yell. I push Birdie out of the way and I take the full force of the attack and fly backwards towards the stairs. I feel my back hit first and I roll the rest of the way back down. The other rangers run to me as they were doing that I see that the intruder was escaping. "Rangers the intruder is getting away stop him." I command. "What about you?" Bridge asks. "Don't worry about me go and take Pikachu and the others with you" I command again as I hand the pokeballs to Bridge. "Yes ma'am" the rangers say together. As I see the rangers go after the intruder everything went black.

Normal POV

In the infirmary Commander Birdie and Cruger were standing next to Tracy's bed. Dr. Felix enter the room a few secinds later. "Is she going to be ok Doctor?" Cruger asks. "Yes, she didn't sustain any serious injuries. Her right shoulder is badly bursed and she has a few minor scrapes. She will have to stay here for a few days "Dr. Felix replies. "Any idea when she will wake up?" Cruger inquires. "She doesn't have a concussion she's just unconscious. To answer your question it's hard to tell but I will contact you as soon as she dose" he answers.

"Commander Birdie are you alright Sir?" Cruger asks the frazzled supreme commander."Yes Anubis I just can't get over how well she handled the situation and taking that hit for me" Birdie replies. "I knew that I made the right choice when I asked her to join us when we first met" Cruger says confidently. "Truer words were never spoken Anubis and I wish that I was able to see the rest of her Pokémon team in action" Birdie agrees. "Don't worry sir you will be able to see the rest of her team in action soon enough." Cruger says.

Tracy's POV

After I hear everything that Birdie said on my behalf. I decide that I need to wake up and thank him. Cruger looks over at me and could see my eyes flutter then open slowly. "Commander Birdie she's waking up." Cruger says with a smile. "Commander Birdie thank you for what you said and I'm sorry I failed I let the intruder get to close. He could have succeeded in hurting both of you. I guess I'm not a very good leader after all." I say not as confident as before.

"Don't talk like that cadet you were amazing out there and you showed get leadership skills." Birdie explains. "I did?" I ask. "Yes when you saw the intruder escaping and you were injured you know that the others wanted to help you. You did the right thing by sending them off " he answers. "I guess that makes sense but they still need my help. I've got to get out there" I say as I try to get out of bed to go help my team.

Dr. Felix places his hand on my left shoulder he lays be back down in bed. "No you don't young lady. You are in no condition to fight." Dr. Felix warns. "But you said that my shoulder was just bursed badly" I whine. "That's true but if your shoulder hits something with the same amount of force again it will dislocate. Don't even think about sneaking out to go help the others." He says with smile. "I wouldn't even dream of it." I say under my breath.

Dr. Felix gives me the "Oh really I know what you are planning" look. "Ok fine I'm staying." I say in defeat "Good and how did you get your voice back? You shouldn't have recovered that fast it's only been two days." he says confused. "Luck and a little help from Pikachu's thunderbolt." I say happily. "I hate to tell you this but I think that Pikachu's attack temporally gave you your voice back." he informs me.

"Come on doc you are taking crazy...Dang" I say as I notice that my voice is sounding bad again. Doc Felix smiles and gives me the "I told you so" look. "I'm fine." I respond in a raspy tone. "Not another word Cadet you need to rest your voice and your body as well." he orders. I knew that he was right as usual and I did feel a little weak. I fell back to sleep. "Well you can say that she isn't determined." Birdie says. "I can't argue with you there sir." Dr. Felix says. "Commander Birdie don't you think that you should be heading back to headquarters." Cruger says. "You're right Anubis." Birdie says knowing full well that Cruger was right.

Normal POV

Back at the shuttle bay Birdie steps into the door of the shuttle. "Be sure to tell Tracy that she should keep up the good and that she is a fine leader" Birdie reminds Cruger. "I will sir" Cruger says. The shuttle door closed and took off. "Sir is Tracy having doubts about her ability to lead the team?" Sky asks. "Yes Sky" Cruger replies.

"But why she had doe an amazing job as our leader" Sky says acknowledging Tracy's fine leadership skills. "I know Sky" Cruger says agreeing with the blue ranger. "Sir is she going to ok?" Bridge asks. "Yes she just bursed her shoulder and has a few scrapes. She'll be out of action for a few days." He informs the team. "I bet that she is not going to be happy about having to stay in bed." Sky thinks to himself. "I can tell you that she would want the rest of you to go and investigate how the intruder was able to break in." he orders. "Yes Sir were on it" Sky said. Sky and the others went off the command center to get to work. Kat puts the rest of the Pokémon back in their Pokéballs and Pikachu jumps onto her shoulder. Kat figures that Pikachu and the others would like to be by Tracy's side while she recovers. Cruger agrees so Kat heads to the infirmary.

Tracy's POV

Back in the infirmary I'm sitting up in my bed. Kat enters and Pikachu jumps off her shoulder ran over to me. He gives me a hug and I smile. Dr. Felix enters a few seconds later. "That's better it's good to see a smile on her face again." he says smiling himself. "I thought that she could use a little company while she recovers." Kat says. "It should keep her distracted for awhile at least" he informed her. The two left the room to go back to their daily duties.

Normal POV

Meanwhile in the holding room Sky was intagateing the intuder. "What's your name and who order you to go after Commander Birdie and Cruger?" Sky barks at the intruder. "I'm not going to tell you people anything" the intruder says. "If you tell us what we want to know we can take a few years off your sentence what do you say." Sky says calmly hoping that would convince him to spill the beans. "Sounds tempting but the answer is still I'm not saying anything." the intruder says pleading the 5th. Sky exits and Bridge enters. Bridge starts speaking in riddles and he confuses and bores the intruder into telling then what they wanted to hear. "What's next commander?" Sky asks the big blue dog. "We find is accomplice then judge and confine them both." He answers. "Yes Sir." Sky says.
Sign up to rate and review this story