Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to SPD

Ch 13: I can talk again

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-22 - 1462 words

0Unrated
Tracy's POV

I'm getting annoyed with not being able to speak it made my daily duties more difficult and my ranger duties seem like mission impossible. Then the team is called to the command center.

We walk into the Commander Center. "A robbery was committed a few hours ago and there were a few witnesses. They are refusing to talk to us." Cruger informs the team. "What won't they come forward Sir?" Bridge asks. "I don't know Bridge. Does anyone have any thoughts, Tracy?" Cruger says. I write down on the pad "Maybe they are scared or they think that what information they have won't help the investigation in any way." I give the pad to Z. "Tracy's answer is the witnesses are rats. I think she means maybe there were rat witnesses" Z says reading what is written on the pad.

She turns around. "Rat witnesses really?" She asks. I frantically point back at the pad. "What the only other thing on here is "I heart Michael" and I'm not going to say that so everyone can hear oops" she replies. I grab the pad from Z. "Anyone else have any ideas? He asks the team. The rangers shake their heads no. Cruger dismissed the team. "Well Kat Tracy's idea was a little odd." he says kind of surprised. "I don't think that was what she really wrote down. I think she may have smeared what she wrote." Kat explains. "Make sense" he says.

Sky's POV

I walk in the common room. Tracy is sitting on the couch Pikachu is in her lap and the pad is sitting on the arm of the couch. "Hi Tracy" I greet her. She waves back to me and I walk over to the couch. "So how are you holding up? Not being able to talk I mean" I say. She wrote her response on the pad and gives me the pad "FYI I still can speak but Dr. Felix ordered me not to." It read. "That's true" I say.

Michael had come to visit Tracy a few times in the last few days so we have gotten to know him pretty well. He walks through the door and walks over to us. "Hi Sky" he says. "Oh Hi Michel" I respond back. "Hey Tracy felling better?" he asks her. She gives him a quick smile. "Great maybe Friday we could go out to the new restaurant that just opened or maybe see a flick?" he inquires. She quickly jots down a response.

"I got this one for you. In your dreams we are playing hard to get." I tells her. She slaps me on the elbow. "What she meant to say was plant one on he right now big boy." I say. She slaps my elbow harder. "Owe you know we're sending Michael mixed signals and he's..." I remind her. She slams the pad on the arm of the couch. "Maybe another time." he says as he leaves the room and Tracy gets on her knees and mouths "wait come back".

Tracy's POV

The worst week of my life is almost over but the only problem is that I wasn't sure if my voice had come back. "We still have no leads on the robbery committed last week." Cruger says giving the team more bad news. "Did any of the witnesses come forward Sir?" Sky asks. "No, and surveillance is unable to ID the robber" he informs the blue ranger. "If surveillance can't ID the suspect where are doomed. I wish that we had one witness that was brave enough to speak up. I know that I should say something but what if my voice hasn't come back."I think to myself.

"I know this has no relevance to what we are doing at the moment. It has been a week since Dr. Felix diagnosed Tracy with laryngitis. She should have her voice back in three, two, and one. Speak," Bridge says. I stand in front of everyone but I didn't say a word. "Tracy I know you're scared but we need to find out sooner or later" Kat says in a clam tone. "Kat is right Tracy. Tracy OH great she can't hear either. You are falling apart just when we need you the most." Sky whines.

"Sky would shut it already I'm nervous enough and I don't know if I..." I say. I pause then a huge smile appears on my face. "I can talk" I shout. I walk over to Z. "It's so great to hear your voice again." Z says giving me a hug. "I heart Michael!" I say giving her an evil look. "The last thing you want to do is over work it." she warns. "Rat witnesses! " I snap. "What you wrote was smudged." she says defending herself.

"Man did you make her looks dumb." Sky blurts. "Plant one on her right now big boy." I snap as I slap Sky in the gut. "Like you weren't thinking it." he says with a smirk. I give Sky the evil eye. "Now that we know that you can talk again. Do you have any thoughts on the case cadet?" he asks. "Yes, maybe some of the witnesses thought someone already came forward. Or they thought what information they had wouldn't help us in any way." I answer.

"Since when do you have any good ideas?" Sky asks kind of surprised. "Hey just because I'm a Blondie doesn't mean that I'm not smart." I say defending myself. "I didn't mean it like that." sky protests. "Sound that way to me." I respond. "All right cadets that's enough." Cruger growls. "Sorry Sir." we apologize.

"So Kat what do you think?" Cruger asks the technological expert. "Well what Tracy said does makes sense and dose give a good explanation on why none of the witnesses are coming forward." Kat answers."Thank you Kat and any idea why surveillance can't ID the suspect?" I ask. "No clue" she replies.

Xavier and Johnny run in the room. "Tracy!" yells Xavier. The boys run to me and give me a bear hug. "It's good to see you to boys but you two know that you are not allowed in here." I remind them. "Opps we forgot." the boys say. "Tracy can I talk to you it's kinda important." Xavier says.

"Not right now Xavier I'm A little busy at the moment," I tell him. Xavier looks up at me and I see a bruise the size of a golf ball on his arm. Then Johnny hits his brother's arm and I see a tear roll down Xavier's face. "Johnny what did you do that for?" Xavier snaps. "Because I wanted to and I knew that you would cry like a baby." Johnny replies. "I was not crying." Xavier protests. "Yes you were you big baby." Johnny says the a smirk. "That's it I'm sick of you calling me that." Xavier says clearly getting upset.

The two start to fight Xavier is about to punch Johnny. I use my hand to block it before it hits Johnny. "All right both of you have to stop this ridiculous fighting it's starting to get old." I tell them. "Johnny started it and we were not fighting. We were just having a spirited argument." Xavier argues. "Nice try. I'm not going to fall for that." I say. "Well you can't blame me for trying right." Xavier says.

"Tracy I can see you are busy trying to prevent another family feud but we need your help too." Sky says. "Boys I'm sorry but Sky is right the other rangers need me to help them right now. I need you two to go to the common room and wait for me there ok. Can you do that for me?" I ask them. "Yes but we don't know where that is." Xavier answers. "Don't worry RIC can guide you." I inform them. I signal for RIC and tell him what he needs to do. RIC barks to comply that my order is going to be obeyed. Then RIC leaves the room and the boys are a few steps behind him.

"Don't you two start fighting along the way." I tell them. "We won't." they say together. I wait until they were completely out of the room. "Tracy how long do you think they will last until they start to fight again?" Kat asks. "I give them two minutes. Now that the little interruption out of the way. We can get back to work." I say. "Right you are Cadet." Cruger says. "What do we do now Sir?" Sky asks. "We have to interview some of the witnesses as soon as we can." he replies. "Right Sir we're on it" Sky says confidently.
Sign up to rate and review this story