Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to Reefside

ch 8: Enter the Giganotosaurus part 2

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-16 - 1357 words

0Unrated
Normal POV

The Rangers call for the Megazord in order to stop the rogue zord form destroying the city. "Tracy you have to sing. It's the only way." Hayley reminds her. “I can't do it. There has to be some other way to tame that thing." Tracy begs. She wishes that there was another way. She looks up and seesthe giganotosaurus zord knocking the thudersaurs to the ground. It stomps its foot down at Tracy's new friends. "Guys, are you ok?" Tracy asks. "Don't worry Tracy. We're fine but the thudersaurs can't take much more of this." Conner explains. Tracy knows what she has to do to save her new friends and the city. "Well here goes nothing." she says. She starts to sing the first song that pops into her head.



I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head sayin,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb



Tracy looks up and sees that the zord is starting to calm down. “Tracy, it’s working - keep going" Conner encourages. She continues to sing.



The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on, cause



There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb (yeah)

"That little brat is about to tame that zord. Tdrones get her" Elsa yells. The t-drones come after her. Dr. Oliver stops them before they get too close. "Tracy I can handle the tyrnodrones. You just keep doing what you're doing." he says. She nods and continues to sing.



There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb (yeah yeah ea ea)



Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith
Whoa a oh oh



When Tracy finishes the Zord turns from gray to pink and everything starts spinning around her. "Wow I did it I..." she says weakly. She drops to her knees and does her best to shake off the dizziness. "I think I should get my master gem back now." Elsa says. She runs over to Tracy and grabs her by the wrist.

"Sorry, girly, but pink is so last season." Elsa says smiling an evil smile. “Well, whoever you are, I'll never give you the gem back." Tracy says, still trying to shake off the dizziness. "I guess I should introduce myself. The name is Elsa." she says. “Elsa I think that Mesogog needs to find better help." Tracy says as she slowly starts to regain her vision. "Why is that, ranger?" she asks. “You are not a very good henchman considering you lost the gem in the first place." Tracy says.

Elsa draws out her sword. "You are not in any position to be making jokes ranger. Now give me the gem." she commands. “First of all, that wasn't a joke, it was an opinion. Second I'll never give you the gem." Tracy snaps. "Suit yourself ranger. I'll just have to destroy you." Elsa says. Elsa throws her against the wall.

Tracy hits the wall hard. She lands on the ground demorphed. Elsa charges in full speed. At least that's what Tracy thought she sees. Everything is blurry again. "I guess this is my first and last battle as a power ranger." she thinks to herself.

Then everything goes black. She can hear everything that is going on around her. “I don't think so Elsa" Dr. Oliver protests. He uses his Bracho Staff to block her sword. Then he does a downward kick to push her back. “This isn't over power rangers. Your new friend may have tamed the zord. She'll never be able to control the power that the zord contains within." Elsa yells as she escapes through an Invisi-Portal.

Dr. Oliver dimorphs and turns around to see Tracy lying on the ground "Tracy!" he yells. He runs over to her and bends down. "Tracy you ok?" he asks as he tries to wake her up. Tracy slowly wakes up. She tries to get back to her feet. She feels her body shake like a leaf every time she moves a muscle. Dr. Oliver helps Tracy back to her feet. She takes one step and her body gives out right then and there. Dr. Oliver catches her in his arms before she hits the ground. "Thanks Dr. Oliver. I guess I'm not a very good ranger after all." She says sadly. “Don’t say that. You were amazing." he says.

The other rangers run up in civilian form. “Dr. O is right" Conner says. "Thanks guys" Tracy says with smile on her face. “You’ve proven something today." Ethan says. "What was that Ethan?" she asks. "That music has the power to tame a 20 story mechanical dino and save the city - all at the same time." he answers

"Hey Ethan leave the jokes to the professional. I hope that I will never have to do that ever again." Tracy says. She drifts into dream land a few seconds later. "Tracy!" Kira shouts. "Don't worry, Kira, she's just exhausted. Come on let's take her back to the lab." Dr. Oliver says. Conner takes Tracy out of Dr. Oliver's arms and puts her on his back and they head for the lab.

Hayley sets up a cot in the far corner of the lab for Tracy. Dr. Oliver and the team enter. Dr. Oliver walks over to it and Hayley follows suit. She takes Tracy off his back and lays her down gently. Dr. Oliver slides Tracy's glasses off her face and puts them in his jacket pocket. They walk back to the middle of the room.

"Hayley, how did you know that if Tracy sang the zord would calm down?" Conner asks. "Actually I didn't." Hayley answers. The whole team gasps in disbelief. "You're kidding right?" Ethan asks. “I’m not Ethan. I noticed that the usual taming method wasn't working when I was looking at the schematics of the zord. The shock that Tracy felt the second time she tried to tame the zord would have kept getting stronger and stronger each time." She explains. “If Tracy continued to tame the zord using telepathy she could be in worse shape than she is now." Ethan says very concerned.

"Yes" she says. “Why did you tell her to sing?" Dr. Oliver asks. "That was the only thing I could think of at the time." she says, telling him the truth. "OK well it's getting late I think we could all use some shut eye." he says. Everyone says their goodbyes and walk up the stairs. Dr. Oliver walks back over to the cot and picks up Tracy and carries her to the guest room. He sets her down on the bed, drapes the blanket at the end of the bed over her. Then he walks over the desk, takes Tracy’s glasses out of his pocket, sets them on the desk, and leaves the room to get some rest himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story