Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mistaken

Chapter hashtag 17

by Hostile_Halo 7 reviews

(IT"S ALIVE!) Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart raced. My blood pumped. My feet pounded.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2013-05-18 - Updated: 2013-05-18 - 1773 words

1Exciting
A/N: Oh my fucking God. I am so sorry for any one who's been waiting for this update. I feel terrible that it's taken so long, but I've had a lot going on. Next week I have four days of finals, but then I'm home free. Once summer starts I'll make sure these get out much, much quicker! Sorry again, I only hope this will make up for it! Much love.
xox
HHalo


Ch#17

Thump. Thump. Thump.
My heart raced. My blood pumped. My feet pounded. The sounds of the guards behind Frank and I echoed in my ears, but I focused on running.
Thump. Thump. Thump. Every time my feet thundered to the ground.
Thump. Thump. Thump. Every time my heart smacked against my chest. I still had a hold of Frank’s hand. He was straggling behind me. We were both sweating. I kept my head forward. I focused on escape.
Thump. Thump. Thump. The guards were gaining. I saw the door ahead of us.
Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart raced faster.
Thump, thump, thump.
Faster.Only inches away.
Thumpthumpthump. Faster. I grabbed a hold of the door’s handle. I pushed it open. I swung Frank in front of me. I released his hand. He shot through the door.
Thump. Thump.
The guards were closer.
Thump.
Closer. Frank yelled my name. My feet collided with the ground outside.
Thump. Thump. Thump. I turned. I was staring at the face of a guard. He was a centimeter from the door. My heart sped up.
Thumpthumpthumpthump.
Stopped. Silence. Then,
SLAM.
I shoved all my body weight against the door.
Frank joined me. My heart picked up again.
Thumpthumpthump.
Still racing. I had to lock them in. I fished through my pocket. The key. Where was it? I had given it to Ray.
Thumpthumpthump.
Panic raced through me.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
My heart raced. My blood pumped.I looked at Frank. He looked at me. His eyes told me he was panicked too. I wasn't alone.
Thumpthumpthump.
Our hearts pounded.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
Our blood pumped.
THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.
The guards pounded against the door. Escape was so close. So close. How? Frank saw it. He saw it meters away. I didn't notice until he left my side.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
He ran towards the gates. He fumbled for something on the ground.
Thump. Thump.
He ran back to me. Ray, good and reliable. I smiled. Frank handed me the key. I shoved it in the door.
Click.
It locked. I grabbed a hold of Frank’s hand again.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
We ran. They were locked in and we ran.
Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.
We ran and we ran and we ran. I lost track of almost everything. My breath. My heart beat. Frank’s touch. His presence beside me. All I knew were my footsteps.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
We continued to run.
I don’t know for how long. I checked behind me. No one was following us.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
We ran. We reached the warehouse.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
My fist against the door.
Ray opened it. We thundered inside. Mikey shut the door. Ray and Mikey stared.
Glad. Relieved. Thankful.
Frank and I slid against the door. He was panting. I was panting. My heat was pumping.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
Steady.

*

Mikey and Ray dragged us to our feet within seconds of us sliding down, squeezing any breath we had regained out of us again.

“Oh my fucking God”. Mikey yelped as he let go of the death grip he had on us to focus on his brother. He had his arms wrapped around Gerard’s waist and was swinging him from side to side so fast Gerard’s face was turning blue.

Ray had only just released me to coughed into his hand and say, “Uh hum, I mean uh, glad to see you, man”, then pat me on the back.

I cringed slightly at his touch, but chuckled and replied, “Yeah, man of course. You too.”


“You could’ve been killed and then you would’ve died and then you’d be dead and then you wouldn’t be alive” Mikey was rambling still swinging Gerard around, “and then Frank wouldn’t be alive because he would’ve been dead because he would’ve died because he would’ve been killed because you wouldn’t have saved him since you wouldn’t be alive since you—”

“MIKEY!” Ray shouted.

Mikey stopped talking abruptly and starred at Ray,” What?”

“Shut up”.

I laughed at Gerard’s exhausted form still suffocating in Mikey’s arms, “Yeah, and I think you've killed Gerard”.

“Oops, sorry Gerard”. Mikey said releasing his brother who immediately slumped to the floor.

Gerard lay flat on his back and stared up at everyone.

*He took a couple of exaggerated gasps for breath before he muttered, “ Air. Sweet Air. I never thought I’d inhale it again.”


“Oh, shut up” Mikey whined as his face turned red, “I was worried about you”.

“Yeah, Gerard.” I smirked offering him my hand up. As he got to his feet I added, “For all he knew you could’ve been killed and then you would’ve died and then—”

“Shut up, shut up, shut up” Mikey complained hitting my arm every other word, “I’m allowed to be worried about my damn brother if I want to be.”

“Speaking of worried” Ray piped in, “Should we be? Did anyone follow you back here?”

“Not that we know about”. I said

“Nonetheless, we should get out of here sometime soon” Gerard said his voice growing serious,“They’re not going to let us get away with escaping”

“Should we leave now then?” I asked worriedly.

Gerard thought about it twisting his face up, “No”. He answered finally, “They’ll be looking for us now. We should wait to leave until it gets dark”.

“Wee-hoo”. Ray said leaning up against the wall behind him, “Stuck in a giant box all day.”

“Ugh” I shivered slightly, “Don’t even go there”.

*

I snuck a peek out the window then turned back to face Gerard, “Sun’s going down”. I commented.

Gerard looked up at me from where he was sitting, cross-legged, on the floor, “Good”,he replied to me, "We’ll leave soon”.

“Where are Ray and Mikey?” I asked. I sitting down a few inches in front of him and mimicked his position.

“Uh, Ray snuck outside to hit the can”. He told me, “and Mikey, well,” he scanned his eyes across the room, “who the hell knows where he’s gotten”. He focused his eyes back on me and I couldn’t help, but admire his eyes. Both of ours were hazel, but his were so much more fascinating to look at. Mine are sort of a chaotic mixture of puke-y green and brown. Gerard’s started off green in the middle and blended into a soft caramel brown. Sitting as close as I was I noticed little gold flecks near the edge of his iris that I had never noticed before.

Gerard smirked at me, “Whatchya staring at?” he asked lightly bumping my chin with the back if his hand.

I felt my face heat up and I bit my lip, “Just you” I responded.

He frowned, “Have I got something on my face?”

“No!” I responded too quickly not wanting him to get the wrong ideas, “No.” I said again, this time more calmly, “I was just”, I blushed again, “I was just looking at your eyes”.

He smiled faintly and shrugged, “There’s not much to look at”

“That’s insane,” I countered, “They’re…stunning” I said finally deciding on a word.]

He snorted, “Yeah, says the guy with seraph’s eyes.”

“Seraph’s? Like an angel’s?” I could’ve cursed when I felt my face turn red yet again, “No way.”

He smiled and brushed his hand across my cheek, “Yes way. Don’t argue. I know what I’m talking about”. His hand lingered on my cheek and a worried look crossed his face before he brought it back down to his side. My cheek felt bare and cold afterwards. I looked up at him and wondered if he was thinking the same thing I was. I wanted him to lean in and fill the inched between our two faces. I wanted him to kiss me so badly, I could feel it in my stomach, and I could feel it churn. I reached my hand out and let it hang in the space above his neck contemplating my next actions before I set it down. I felt him shiver at the touch. I’m sure my hands were cold. I guided his head closer to mine until our noses were touching.

“Hi there” His warm breath tickled my lips.

“Hi there” I responded. I pivoted my head and placed my lips against his.

“Hey guys!” Mikey popped out of nowhere. Gerard, quicker than humanly possible, scooted back away from me, and look up at his kid brother.

“Hey Mikes”, he said, “Where have you been?”

He just shrugged, “Around, and look I don’t want to be “that person”, but I haven’t eaten in almost two days so…….” He trailed off.

Gerard chuckled, “Well,” He stood up and peered out the window, “It’s just getting dark out, so we’ll head out as soon as Ray comes back”.

“He’s been out there awhile” Mikey said, “should someone go che—”

Right then we heard his voice coming from a back room in the warehouse.

*He was almost shouting, “Yes! Well. Mister…..man. I was just staying in here for the night, on a dare. No! I certainly have NOT seen any suspicious people running around. NO SIRREE, NO ONE running around here. That’s for sure!”


My eyes widen, “Gerard?”

“Go out the window”. He commanded.

“What?” I asked startled.

“Goddammit. Out! Both of you. Now.” He said. Mikey responded first to his words and started climbing out the window. I took a hold of Gerard’s hand and lead him towards the window. He insisted on me going out first. I had one leg outside when I heard their footprints, which matched the sound of my heart beat racing, they were about to come through the door. I could hear it clearly.
Thump. Thump. Thump



A/N: Oh and pretty, pretty please Rate and Review. the more I get the more driven I'll be to get updates out faster :) Thanks you guys, seriously. It means a lot.
xox
HHalo
Sign up to rate and review this story