Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to Reefside

ch 14: Homecomming dance

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-24 - 1703 words

0Unrated
Hayley's Cyberspace 11a.m. (Homecoming dance in 9 hours)

Tracy's POV

I wished that I didn't fracture my clavicle the day before the homecoming dance. Now my dress wasn't going to look as pretty on me like it did when I tried it on in the store. I'm sitting at one of the tables near the stage listening to Kira play a new song. The truth of the matter is I'm only half listening because my mind is still stuck on the dance later today. After she finishes the song she walks over to me. "So what did you think?"She asks. "It was great" I reply. "You weren't listening at all were you?" she asks. "No I'm sorry Kira I guess I'm still nervous about the dance tonight." I answer honestly. Kira tells me that she wasn't mad at me because she knew that this is my first time going to a dance with a date.

A few days ago Miss May told me that I'm singing the solo in the concert for the entire student body next week. I knew that I should practice the song I'm going to sing for the concert. I'm able to find the cords for a song a head when I was a little kid on teh internet. I ask Kira if she could play the guitar for me because I tried to play the guitar before but it was harder than I originally thought only haveing one good arm. She tells me that she love to so I take the sheet music out of the folder then hand it to her. We walk up to the stage. Kira starts to play "It Takes all Sorts" Form the Land before Time IV. I start to sing after Kira plays the intro.

As Kira plays the last note I hear the sound of faint applause. I see the gang standing in front of the stage. I hop down from the stage and walk over to them. "I never heard that song before" Conner says with a confused look on his face. "That's because its form a movie you never heard of 'The Land Before Time' " I say with a smile. "Here is a better question are you still going to the dance tonight?" Conner asks. "I don't know you have to wait and see" I answer.

My house 7:30 pm

I'm kinda happy that my mom had found some bandages that were the same color as my dress. I'm standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom to check my hair for the fourth time. "Sweetie your hair looks great." mom complements as she enters the room. "Thanks mom" I say with a smile. Then we heard a knock at the front door. "That must be Mike" I say. Mom leaves the room to go down stairs so to let him in.

Mike's POV

I'm very nervous as the front door to Tracy's house opens. "Hello you must be the boy that stole my daughter's heart" Tracy's mom says as she invites me in. I slowly walk into the house and complement how beautiful the interior was. Tracy's mom accepts the complement and calls up the stairs."Tracy come on down you don't wait to be late do you." Tracy's mom calls. "I'm coming mom" I hear Tracy call back down the stairs. I stand at the bottom of the stairs waiting for Tracy to come down. A few seconds later I see Tracy walks down the stairs in a fuchsia gown with pink roses going down the right side and has sliver sequins around the bust area. Her hair was up in a bun but had a few curls hanging down on either side of her face.

"Wow you look beautiful." I say. "Really Mike?"She asks smiling back. "Yes Tracy" I reply. "Mike to be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the dance at all." She admits. "Why?"I ask her seeing the smile disappear from her face. "I thought that I wouldn't look that pretty in my dress because of my bad shoulder." She replies. "Listen Tracy you will always be the most beautiful girl in my eyes because you always let the person you are on the inside shine though." I tell to her. "Thank you" she mouths. "You're welcome" I mouth back. We start to leave the house but Tracy's mom stops us for a picture. We let her take a few pictures. After the photo-op Tracy's mom hands Tracy her purse and we walk out to the car.

Reefside High 8:00 pm

Tracy's POV

We pull into the parking lot as Mike puts the car in park. He removes the keys from the ignition and looks over at me. He sees me playing with my hair and he takes hold of my left hand. "Relax angel tonight is supposed to be fun remember." he says to me as he kisses my hand. "You're right Mike shall we?" I ask him. "We shall" he says as he got out of the driver's side of the car. He walks around the front of the car to open the passenger side door. He offers me his right hand to help me out of the car. I place my hand in his and he helps me out of the car. I stand next to him as he closes the door behind me. We walk into the school and enter the cafeteria. It looked even prettier than I expected. Conner and the rest of the gang walk up.

"Wow Tracy you look amazing." Trent complements. I thank him and start to have a flash back of the homecoming dance back at my old school. "Hey Tracy earth to Tracy you in there." Conner says waving his hand in front of my face. A few seconds later I came back to reality. "Sorry guys I was doing it again wasn't I?" I ask them. "Yeah but its ok you've only been at Reefside High about two weeks. We're not mad at you if you're still a little home sick." Kira says with a smile. I thank her for what she said. Then the DJ plays the first song "In Da Club" by 50 Cent. A bunch of kids go onto the dance floor and start to dance.

The night wgoes on and the following song were played. Dare (Soulwax Remix) by Gorillaz, Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake, Rock Your Body, Rock by Ferry Corsten, Faster Kill Pussycat by Oakenfold, and Dragostea Din Tei by O-Zone. The DJ starts to play a slow song and Mike asks if I want to dance. I take his hand and he leads me onto the dance floor. I'm a better dancer than I thought because I hadn't tripped over my own feet or his for that matter. "See I knew you could dance" Mike whispers into my ear. "You not to bad yourself " I whisper back.

After the song ends the student council president walks on to the stage. Everyone turns around to face the stage. "Ok everyone it's time to announce who is Reefside High class of 2004 homecoming queen." the student council president says. Another member of the council hands her the envelope with the winner's name in it. "And the winner is Tracy Burlew come on up her girl." the president says with a smile. "Tracy don't just stand there like a deer in the headlights go up on stage already." Mike says as he gives me a gentle shove. I walk up onto the stage to the student council president. She places the tiara on my head and gently draped the sash over my chest. I turn around to face the crowd and I hear my friends above all the other student's cheers. I still couldn't believe that I had won because I never even got voted on the homecoming court back home. After the cheers died down the DJ played another song 'I Like To Move It' and everyone starts to dance again.

The dance continues and I'm having a lot of fun. The DJ plays the last song 'unchained melody'. All of the couples walk onto the dance floor to dance the last dance. Mike and I walk onto the dance floor again to dance one last time. I still couldn't believe that tonight was one of the best nights of my life (well my first concert at Hayley's comes pretty close too). Everyone starts to file out of the cafeteria. I ask Kira to take one last picture of Mike and I. Kira takes the camera from me so Mike and I could get into position. Then she presses the button on the camera and it flashes twice. When the picture appears on the view screen all Kira could say was. "Aw that's a perfect picture of you two." I thank her for taking the picture.

Mike and I leave to go out to his car. He opens the passenger side door and I set my purse on the seat. I turn around to face him before getting into the car. The next thing I knew his lips are pressing against mine and we share our second kiss but to me it felt just like the first. When we back away from each other I see a huge smile on Mike's face. "So I guess that was a congratulatory kiss" I joke. He laughs at my joke (I love hearing his laugh it's so cute). After he finishes laughing I turn back around and got into the car. I move my purse onto the floor in front of my seat and at down. He closes the door after I'm completely in the car. He walks around the front of the car and this time he wasn't as graceful as before because he trips over his own two feet. He uses the hood ornament to catch himself. When he look back into the car he sees me trying my best to keep a straight face. Then he gets into the driver's side and we buckles up. He starts the car and we drive away both felling like we are on top of the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story