Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to SPD

ch 18: Hello Father

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-26 - 1449 words

0Unrated
Normal POV

Commander Cruger and Tracy enter the Command Center. The doors slide open Cruger could sense the nervousness of the red ranger as she saw her father. "HI sweetheart it's been a long time" Tracy's father says amazed at the fact his little girl is a power ranger as well as a Pokémon trainer. "Six years to be exact dad and you didn't have the decency to call or even write a letter to tell mom and me that you're all right." Tracy says trying to keep her cool. "Believe me Tracy I wanted to but..." He stammers after hearing his daughter's last statement. "But what dad something else was more important than your family." She snaps holding back the tears. "Nothing is more important than your mother and you." he says defending himself. "Yeah right what about that day when I was four. When you told me you were just going to the store. You didn't go to the store did you?" She argues.

"No I didn't I went to the local bar" he says in a very ashamed tone. "So a bottle of beer is first on your list of things that you care about. I guess being a good father to your only daughter is second on that list." She says unable to hold back the tears anymore. Cruger looks over at her he watches the tears rolls down her face. "Tracy I do love you really" Tracy's father says to her as he walks closer. Tracy didn't want to stay mad at him but she just couldn't find it in her heart to forgive him. Her father is going to pull her into his chest to comfort her but she just backs away. "Why are you shutting me out like this darling?" He asks her confused by her last action. "Because I'm shocked that you thought that you could just show up after all this time and except me just to let you back in well I'm sorry I can't." She says as she turns around and runs out of the room.

"Tracy come back" Commander Cruger calls to his cadet. "It's all right Sir let her go" Tracy's Father tells the base commander. "Are you trying to do sir? Win back your daughter's love or trying to releave yourself of the guilt you feel for not being there for her when she needed you the most." Commander Cruger asks the man. Tracy's father just stands in silence thinking about what the commander just said. A few minutes later he picked up a guitar case and gives it to Kat. He tells her that it was a gift he gave to Tracy on her third birthday. He knew that she would remember the good memories that came with it. "I'll just come back later to see if I can get my daughter to forgive me." Tracy's father says as he leaves the room

Tracy is sitting on the bench outside the base still crying her eyes out. A few minutes later she sees Kat walking up from the corner of her eye thought the tears that were still flowing from her eyes. "Hey Kat" She says as she is starting to feel better after get out all that emotion she had kept bottled up after all those years. "So I guess you're feeling better after letting all the bottled up emotion out?" Kat asks her as she set the guitar case next to the bench. Then she sat down next to her. "Yeah a little bit" She admits as she looks over at the guitar case on the ground. "Your dad told me that he gave you it on your third birthday and he mention that you snag a little too when you were little" She says as she takes a hanky out of her pocket and hands it to her. Tracy thanks her and dries the tears from her eyes.

Tracy set the hanky on the end of the bench near her. She gets up walks over to the guitar case and opens it. The guitar looks different from the last time she saw it. It has a butterfly painted on the top left corner of the body and her named is painted across the bottom. "Wow it beautiful" she says as a smile came across her face. She slowly removes the guitar form the case and attaches the shoulder strap to it. She put it over her shoulder and sats back down on the bench.

Tracy starts to play one her favorites growing up (well before she was old enough to become a Pokémon trainer anyway). She is surprised that she still remembers the all chords. She is also in shock about how much better it sounds too. A few second later she starts to sing and Kat is surprised to hear such a strong and angelic voice coming from Tracy body.

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head saying,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on, cause

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb (yeah)

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb (yeah yeah ea ea)

Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith

Whoa oh oh

When Tracy plays the last chord. She looks over at Kat and sees her wiping a tear from her eyes. "Kat why are you crying was my voice that bad?" She asks her kinda embarrassed. "No you sounded amazing I believed every word you sang. You sing with so much passion and emotion." She complements her as she hands the guitar case back to her. Tracy gets up and sets the case on the bench. Then she removes the shoulder strap and puts it in followed by the guitar as she slowly snapping the case shut. A smile crept across her face as the memory of the first time she sang for her dad played though her head.

"That was beautiful sweetheart." says a voice she was not so happy to hear again (she knew that she really wanted him back in her life again). She turns around to face her father again and she sees a huge smile on his face as well. "Thanks dad" she says accepting his complement. A few seconds later she runs over to gives him a big hug. "I'm sorry for running off like that it wasn't very respectful of me" She apologizes. "It's all right sweetie I'm the one who should apologize." He says to her as he rubbed her back soothingly to keep her from crying again. "I was not a good father to you when you were little. I'm sorry and I know I can't make up for all the time missed. I just want us to be a family again." He continues as he accepts the hug from his daughter. "I do too dad but you're not going to stay here are you?" she asks her father. "I'm afraid so darling but I'm not going to stay long just until I can find my own place." He informs her seeing the smile disappear from her face. "Great welcome to embarrassment town" She thinks to herself. She's happy that her father is going to try to be a better man than he was before.

Author's note:As always reviews are appreciated
Sign up to rate and review this story