Categories > Original > Fantasy > 131 Night End

"Interessovated, are you?"

by CarcinoGeneticist 0 reviews

Alvin manages to find a lead to Alex.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-06-06 - 392 words

0Unrated
Alvin managed to ask a few more ne’er-do-wells about the location of this Alex Big Cheese. Nobody seemed all that willing to talk about him, and it was grating on his nerves. Alex was probably just a ghost, some hubbub to scare some Dumb Doras into staying inside at night.

“Hey, you alright, kid?”

Alvin jerked his head up. A boy was leaning against the side of a building, watching with wide eyes. He was dressed all in white, with a black bowler hat and twirling a cane, lazily and lackadaisically. 
“Um. I am fine. I’m just...looking for somebody,” Alvin responded. For some reason, this other guy was giving him a case of the Bronx vibes--not somebody to be taken lightly.
“Aw, come off it, kid. What’s the name?” the boy asked, sauntering closer.

Alvin stepped back. He would be fine, he would keep up his professionalism as long as this person made no physical contact, as long as he didn’t touch, then he’d be fine.
“Don’t be scared, kid. Why, I’m a regular do-gooder! Just ask Dim,” the boy called over Alvin’s head, and Alvin heard heavy footfalls behind him.
“Georgie?”
Alvin knew without turning this guy was big. Deep voice, heavy footfalls. Alvin’s skin began crawling at the back of his neck and under his arms. He twitched, hard, trying to shake it out.

“Why, Dim, O brother, I think this one’s got the Jitters,” Georgie said, closing the distance between himself and Alvin. “What’s your poison, child o’mine?”
“I don’t drink. Could you step back, please?” Alvin asked, flinching away.
“Malchiks your age shan’t be running bout, hey? What shall we do with dell-elly-inquents like yourself?” Georgie asked, bending down to stare Alvin in the face.

Alvin felt a sense of impending death.

“Don’t kill me. I just want to talk to somebody.”
“What’s the Eemya, kid?” Georgie asked, tipping Alvin’s head back with the head of his cane. Alvin wished he remembered all of his conversations with Constantine about Nadsat conversations. It would’ve come in handy.
“Alex. Heard of him?” Alvin asked, trying to calm the voices nattering away in the back of his head.
Georgie grinned, revealing three broken teeth.
“Interessovated, are you? Droogie Alex is my boss.”

_____________________________________
Sign up to rate and review this story