Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Little Thing I Like To Call Frosh...

Departure

by mikeywayismymanslice 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Crossover - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-06-14 - 1971 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

“Frank, wake up. You have to pack your stuff,” Gerard’s voice cuts through my dreams. I groan and roll over.

“I’m not going home.”

Gee sighs and rubs my back, “We’ve been over this. You can’t stay here. For one, you aren’t a citizen nor are you old enough to become a citizen without your parents. And even more scarily your mom will kill us if we get back to Jersey without you.”

“Then we’re taking Josh with us.”

“No, Frank, that won’t work either.”

“Whyyy?!” I sit up, “Why can’t we stay together?! It’s not fair!”

He sighs, “The answer to that question lies in unraveling the mysteries of the universe. Get out of bed and pack.”

I do as he says, getting more and more upset with every article of clothing I lay inside my suitcase. We’re really going back. I really won’t see Josh in person for God knows how long. I mean, we have each other’s numbers and exchanged Skype usernames and friended on Facebook and whatnot, but it’s just not the same.

Mrs. Way comes in and herds us all down for a last breakfast at the hotel. I can’t eat. I pick at my muffin, punishing it for my sadness. Mrs. Way sighs and sets her fork down.

“Frank, stop moping. It was your choice to get into a summer fling. Now you have to deal with the consequences. There’s no point in making everyone else miserable.”

“It’s not a fling,” I say, “It’s the beginning of a relationship.”

“Really, Frank? Do you really think that? Because, honestly, almost one hundred percent of first time relationships don’t last. Especially over a long distance.

Anger fills my veins. Why should she be able to tell me what will happen with my relationship? She doesn’t know how I feel about Josh. She can’t predict the future. The anger over takes me and I do something no teenager should ever do under any circumstances.

I say, “Fuck you. You don’t know me.”

The table freezes. Mikey’s fork drops to the floor. It feels like one of those dramatic, slow motion, oh-crap-the-shit-just-hit-the-fan movie scenes. Mrs. Way gives me her best, “boy you just messed up big time” looks.

“Franklin Thomas Iero!” Donald beats her to the yelling part, “You apologize to my wife this instant! I will not have her disrespected this way!”

My cheeks flame red. I turn to her, “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…I mean…”

She pats my hand, “It’s okay, Frankie. You’re upset. I was out of line with what I said.”

I sigh, bullet dodged, “Still, that was wrong of me.”

“It’s okay. Let’s finish getting our things together.”

I pull out my phone in the elevator to tell Josh we’re leaving soon. It hurts to type out the words. I know I’m admitting defeat by typing them. I finish packing my belongings and carry my bag downstairs. I feel irrational tears at the back of my eyes. I knew this day was coming. I should be prepared for it.

The car is too small as we drive down the road. I want to escape it and go back. Why did the month go by so fast? Gerard puts his hand on my shoulder and gives me a sympathetic smile. He’s probably overjoyed to be going back. He gets to see his baby mama again. I cross my arms and stare out the window.

The airport is way too big when we get there. I can barely see through the crowds. Curse my shortness. How am I going to find Josh? I begin to jump up and down, turning in circles. Finally, I spot a flash of blue hair.
“Josh!” I yell.

His eyes find me and he begins to push through the mass of people. He grabs me as soon as he reaches me. His embrace has never felt so warm and familiar. I wrap my arms around him and think of never letting go. He pulls away slightly and kisses me, hard and forceful. I understand his urgency. This could be our last kiss. We have to savor it.

When he pulls away I finally look at him properly. What I see almost makes me laugh. Sometime in the past few days he bleached his hair. He also enlarged the chunk of blue, which looks really silky. I reach up and run my fingers through it.

“Nice,” I say.

He smiles, “I hoped you’d like it.”

“Of course I like it. It’s on your head.”

He reaches behind him and pulls out a small object which I identify as a CD, “I…um…recorded this for you. Kind of as something for you to remember me with.”

I take it and look up at him, “But…I didn’t get you anything.”

“Sugar, you don’t have to give me anything for me to remember you. I’ll keep your beautiful face in my mind every day until we meet again.”

I pull him close again and just hold him until Gerard pulls on my shoulder, “Frank, we’re boarding.”

I walk backwards after him, “I love you Josh!” I yell, “So, so much! I’ll call you as soon as possible!”

He yells something back, but it’s lost in the crowd. I turn and follow my group up the steps of the plane. Once seated, I slip the CD into the provided player and secure the headphones to my head. Silent tears run down my face as his voice pours out at me.



I feel like life shouldn’t go on when I’m back in Jersey, but it does. My things are loaded in the Ways’ vehicle and they drop me at my house. Mom greets me with open arms and tries to break my bones. Then the inevitable questions start.

“Oh, Frankie, I’m so glad you’re home. How was Canada?”

“Amazing,” I answer honestly.

“What did you do?”

I sigh, “I fell in love.”

This catches her off guard, “What? When? With who?”

I shake my head, “That’s not important. But we’re gonna need international calling.”

Josh’s POV

The early morning light seeps through my window, reminding me that even if you don’t sleep, tomorrow still comes. I wish it didn’t. I really do. This day is going to be terrible. It’s the day Frank is leaving, and I’m really not ready for that.

I drag myself out of bed and prepare for the day. I pull on my skinny jeans and a simple T-shirt. Then, I style my freshly bleached hair. I still can’t believe my mom let me do that. I had wanted to do it for a while, but I just got up the nerve to ask her the other day. She had set up the appointment herself, saying it was a gift.

I hope Frank will like it. I never asked his opinion. Then again, it was a split second decision. I close my eyes and picture the last time I saw him. He looked so beautiful in the natural setting. I don’t think I’ll ever forget how his eyes sparkled when he saw the clearing. He really acted like it was the most amazing thing.

I sigh and shake myself out of the daydream. Getting lost in memories is not what I need to do today. I go downstairs and grab some pop tarts before sitting at the family computer. I then open the files I’ve been working on and slip a microphone/ headset over my ears. There’s just a few finishing touches I need to make. When I’m finished, I insert a blank CD and hit burn. I had wanted to give Frank a wonderful gift, and I hope that’s what he’ll view this as.

My phone goes off next to me with a message that makes my chest ache slightly.

WE’RE LEAVING THE HOTEL SOON

I stick the CD in its case and grab my keys, “Mom, I’m going out. I’ll be back soon!” I yell, not waiting for an answer.

The drive to the airport seems way too short. Soon I’m standing around, waiting for Frank. As much as I want to see him, I’m scared of the emotions that could cause. He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near me. I begin to walk around, hoping to catch sight of him.

“Josh!” the sound hits my ears and I spot him quickly. I make my way over to him and pull him close. His arms wrap around my waist. I spend a few moments just breathing in his familiar scent before crushing my lips to his. I want to remember him vividly with all of my five senses. Ignoring that we’re in public, I slip my tongue between his lips, mingling it with his and memorizing his unique flavor.

I pull away after too short of a time and take in his flushed cheeks and swollen lips. He stares at me briefly. His eyes are full of wonder. He reaches up to run his fingers through my hair.

“Nice,” he says softly.

I feel a smile on my lips, “I hoped you’d like it.”

“Of course I do; it’s on your head.”

I figure this is the best time to give him my gift. I reach into my back pocket and hand it to him, “I…uh…recorded this for you…kind of as something to remember me with.”

His face falls slightly as he takes it, looking at his feet, “But…I didn’t get you anything.”

He’s so sweet, “Sugar,, you don’t have to give me anything for me to remember you. I’ll keep your beautiful face in my mind every day until we meet again.”

He looks speechless. Then he pulls me to him again. It’s a hug that gives the impression that he’s never letting go. That would be fine with me. Unfortunately, the red haired wonder has other plans.

He grabs Frank’s shoulder, “Frank, we’re boarding.”

Fear flits into his eyes as he walks backward, “I love you, Josh!” he yells. His lips keep moving after that, but the words are lost.

I know he can’t hear me by now, but I yell out anyway, “I love you, too, Frankie! I’ll see you soon, I promise!”

And then he’s gone. I shuffle dejectedly back to my car and drive home. Once there, I flop on my bed and hug my stuffed penguin a little too tightly. I guess life will go on somewhat normally now. I don’t want it to, but it will.

Mom comes in after a few minutes of my sulking and pats my back. I can tell she’s trying to portray silent understanding. I kind of don’t want that understanding right now.

“I know this is hard, Joshy,” she says, “But you’ll see him again. A love as strong as what I see in you two doesn’t fade over distance.”

I sigh, “Thanks, Mom. I think I just need to be alone right now though.”

She smiles sadly, “Okay. When you’re ready I have chocolate and a funny movie downstairs. Guaranteed to solve all your problems.”

“Yeah, I’ll be down in a minute,” Did I ever mention I love my mom? She always makes me feel better.

A/N such a sad angsty last chapter...good thing I wrote a happy epilogue!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story