Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It always starts with lockers.

Chapter Four

by insanecousinbenji 4 reviews

Frank wants to get to know his best friend's awkward, basement-dwelling brother.-A Frerard involving Frank and Gerard and delightfully unoriginal highschool frerardiness. Enjoy!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-06-16 - Updated: 2013-07-07 - 1029 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Yay! I updated

The next day, Saturday, Mikey and Frank managed to persuade Gerard to go to the mall with them along with Mikey and Gerard’s friend Ray. It took a lot of persuading on Mikey’s part and creepy smiling on Frank’s, but after a healthy and nutritious breakfast consisting of last night’s cold pizza and lucky charms washed down with coffee, Frank and the Ways walked on down to the bus stop to meet Ray; Gerard’s untied shoelaces trailing along beside them.

Ray was easily spotted as they neared the bus stop due to the unique hairstyle gracing his head ‘Brian-May-Sheep’ came to mind.
“Hi guys” Said Ray, greeting them cheerfully, “nice to see you out of the house Gerard, sunlight is a good look on you!”, “Great to see you Mikes, I checked out that band you told me to” And “Iero, how’s it going? Looking good as, one might say...”

Why did Ray keep glancing at Gerard as he spoke to Frank?

Gerard seemed to be less awkward than the previous day, his only mishap being dropping all his money on the floor (no points for guessing what colour his face went as Frank helped him gather it up!) when trying to purchase a bus ticket and they soon got to the mall, conversing as they walked.

At the mall, the group went to check out the record store.
Why was it even called a record store anymore? Sure records were awesome and crackly, but did they even make them these days? -Frank thought deep thoughts.

As Mikey and Ray gushed over some CD in the ‘new releases’ section, Frank followed Gerard towards the ‘Britpop’ corner of the room.

“Pulp?”
Gerard jumped, nearly dropping the CD case he was reading the back of.
“What’s wrong with Pulp?” Questioned Gerard defensively (if that was even possible).
“Oh, nothing, just didn’t know you liked them… What’s your favourite song of theirs?”
“Common People”
Hey, Frank had actually heard that one!
“Cool. That’s a good one.”

Gerard beamed, and Frank made a mental note to listen to the song again; just so he could discuss it and see that smile.

After they left the store they decided to mosey on up to the cafe place on the 2nd floor to get some drinks. The cafe was bright and friendly and good because they got everything 20% off since the time Mikey had walked in on most of the trainee staff playing the floor is made of lava on the tables and trying to get high from snorting the milkshake powder (a tale that ended in 2 broken chairs and what appeared to be ‘hush money’ in the form of a friends and family discount).

Gerard ordered a Frappe-something-fancy-coffee-thing; Frank got a smoothie; Mikey got a soda and Ray got a strawberry Milkshake, prompting:
“So I’m guessing you want to bring all the boys to the yard?”
“No, that would be you, Iero.”

They sat down at a table by the window to drink their drinks and make comments about the passers-by. While Mikey and Ray discussed the horror of men in ugg boots, Gerard took a sip of his Coffee and got whipped cream on the tip of his nose, which was annoying for Frank -to try and talk to Gerard and suppress his urge to lick it off.

“You have erm…” Frank gestured to his own nose.
Gerard frowned and wiped it with his hand, completely failing to get off.
“Here…” Frank got a napkin and leaned across the table gently dabbing it off; Gerard giggled nervously.

Mikey rolled his eyes in… exasperation? And Ray smirked.

Just then, ‘There is someone, walking behind you…’ started playing on the radio and the boys launched into a discussion about Final Destination.

*

After they left the café, they went to the drugstore because Ray needed some special shampoo, it was great fun for Frank who managed to get Gerard to let him put eyeliner on him at the makeup counter (which involved face-touching andeye-staring!)and it looked good- that black outline really made his hazel eyes pop.

While they went down the escalator to leave the mall, Frank told Gerard this.
Really?” Asked Gerard skeptically, looking up at Frank.
“Sure it does, Gee.” Said Frank, because it was true, the guy was hot.
“You should wear it more often.”

Oh, there it was! That cute little crooked smile was back.

Gerard was the last to step off the escalator, but as he did so his shoelace got caught in the gap between the last stair and the bottom. Had he just pulled his leg swiftly when it got caught it might not have been a big deal, but sadly that was not the Gerard way. He immediately started to panic, tugging at his foot and flailing his arms about; hopping on his free leg as the lace tightened around his foot.

Being the great people they were, Mikey and Ray just started laughing, watching the spectacle. Frank, however was not going to be such a dick about it.

Just as Gerard was about to fall forward on his face from the force of his flailing and shoppers pushing past him to get off, Frank managed to get to him. Encircling his arms around Gerard’s soft waist, with Gerard gripping his shoulders, he picked him up and pulled hard; the escalator finally relinquishing the lace, albeit it was now very frayed.

Frank walked backwards and put Gerard back down, not removing his hands from his waist. Gerard looked down at Frank with shining eyes.

“Frankie!” He exclaimed. “You saved my life!”
Before gathering Frank up into a huge hug.


A/N Hey there! I hope you like the chapter, I know it ended kind of abruptly, but the next one will carry on from here. (btw has everyone heard that MCR cover of 'common people', wow)Anyway, please let me know what you think about the chapter! I hope it's ok. Rates and Reviews are greatly appreciated! ^_^
Sorry not an update, I just forgot to put a word in italics.
Sign up to rate and review this story