Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It always starts with lockers.

Chapter Six part one

by insanecousinbenji 5 reviews

Frank wants to get to know his best friend's awkward, basement-dwelling brother.-A Frerard involving Frank and Gerard and delightfully unoriginal highschool frerardiness. Enjoy!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-06-22 - Updated: 2013-07-07 - 1047 words - Complete

2Funny
It was Monday morning and Frank woke up full of vim and vigour.
Frank.
Woke up.
On a Monday morning.
Full of vim and vigour.

Frank’s mother couldn't believe her eyes as he left the house, on time for school, having eaten breakfast, looking bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
“Frank?” She asked as Frank was on his way out of the door. “Are you ok, honey?”
“Yeah, mom, I’m just looking forward to school.” He replied before kissing her on the cheek and waltzing off down the street. Frank’s mother really couldn't believe her eyes.

There was however, a reason for this phenomenon. Frank really wanted to get to school, because Gerard went to school, and Frank wanted to see Gerard as much as possible, for Gerard-communication was the first step in Gerard-wooing. So punctually to school Frank went.

*

“Wow, you’re very on-time today Frank.” Said Ray with surprise as Frank strolled up to him in the hallway, where he was putting his school books in his locker.
“Yeah, I suppose I am.” Frank responded nonchalantly, “Have you seen Gerard- Mikey and Gerard- by any chance yet today?”

Ok what was up with Ray’s face?

“Oh, I saw them walking up to Gerard’s locker a few minutes ago…” Ray was pulling a most Mikey-esque face. “Any…Particular reason?”
“No. Should there be?...” Who was Ray to know about Frank’s mission?
“Nope.”
“Ok then, later Ray!”
“Bye Iero!”

At Gerard’s locker, Mikey and Gerard seemed to be in the middle of an intensely whispered conversation that abruptly stopped when Frank arrived. Gerard flushed.
“Oh. Hi there Frank how are you doing?" He asked in a bright yet nervous tone.
“I’m great Gerard, How are you doing?”
“Oh, I’m fine.”

There was a moment of silence and smiling that Mikey broke with;
“I’m fine too, in case you wanted to know.”
Oh right, Mikey.
“Oh sorry, Mikes, I zoned out for a minute there.”
“It’s fine you were… distracted.” Mikey looked at a rosy-cheeked Gerard.
Did Mikey know everything? Seriously…

“Well, erm, I’d better be”- Gerard began hastily, before
“Gerard has something for you Frank.”
“Yeah? Really? What?” Frank was most intrigued.
“Well, uhm…” Wow, Gerard was looking flustered for Gerard.
Frank smiled encouragingly.
“I kinda drew you this, well, y’know to thank you for saving me from that escalator and all…” Gerard replied; fishing out a piece of paper from his schoolbag.

Frank took the piece of paper and looked at it. Fuck. That was awesome! It was like a whole horror movie condensed into one picture, but like a comic book too; vampires; zombies; manic serial-killers brandishing weapons… and best of all; there was Frank in the centre of it, looking good- with crazy dyed hair, black on top and short and red at the sides, holding some sort of gun, using it to hold back the hordes of bloodied zombies away from what looked like similarly made up Mikey, Ray and Gerard.

“Whoa, dude…” Frank breathed.
Gerard was looking at his shoes, he shouldn’t have been, it wasn’t like they were exciting or anything.They didn't show incredible art.
“This. Is. SO MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME!” Exclaimed Frank.

“No swearing in the corridors, Mr Iero, may I remind you yet again.” Frank was swiftly reprimanded by his English teacher, who just so happened to be passing by.

“You really think so?” Gerard smiled shyly. Not seeming to have even noticed Frank's teacher.
“Yeah, dude! This is so”- Frank looked around. Nope – teacher-free zone. “-Fucking awesome it’s unreal!”

He swept Gerard into a hug. Gerard looked taken apart but hugged back before they broke apart.
“Well I’m glad you like it.” Gerard replied.
“You bet your sweet ass I do, dude.”
Gerard Giggled and fell backwards onto Mikey behind him, who having been watching the whole exchange with an expression bordering on despair, just pushed him back up again, unsurprised.

“Yeah, yeah, adorable as this is we’d better start getting to class.” Said Mikey, approximately 2 seconds before the bell rang.
“Ok. See you later Gee!” Said Frank over his shoulder as Mikey dragged him towards their music class.

They were almost at the music department when:
“What the hell Frank?”
Mikey didn’t seem to like being pulled into broom cupboards without forewarning.

Frank closed the door.
“Sshhh, Mikey, anyway, I kind of like your brother.”
Mikey snorted, but Frank couldn’t see his face in the dark.
“What?” Because: What?
“Nothing… It’s just you’re both such idiots.”
“What’s that supposed to mean- never mind. Anyway, would you be cool with it if I tried to, is seduce the right word?”-
“No, seduce is never the right word to use when we’re in a closet and discussing my brother.”
“heh heh, I’m not in the closet Mikeyway.”
Mikey groaned.
“So anyway, would you mind if I, like, asked him out or something?”
“No Frank, I would not mind if you asked out my older brother, trust me.”
Frank could practically hear Mikey’s eyes rolling.
“Now, can we please get out of this stupid broom cupboard and get to class?”
“Sure, thanks Mikey!”

Frank opened the door of the closet and they both stepped out into the hallway, immediately in the eye line of an approaching janitor, who shot them a death glare, walking menacingly towards them.

“We weren’t making out!” and “Hell, no!” were the last things said before Frank and Mikey ran all the way to their music classroom, already 5 minutes late.

Frank thought Mikey had taken it rather well.

A/N Hey, sorry it's a little later then I said it would be but I went on the internet for hours and then watched The Two Towers and yeah, bad excuses... Anyway, this is another split chapter because quite a lot goes in it and I've not finished the end yet. But I think it will be the 2nd to last or 3rd to last chapter, altogether.I don't think it's one of the best chapters so far, but Please Rate and Review ^_^ , it's great to know what you think of the chapter and your feedback is really appreciated! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story