Categories > Original > Fantasy > Secrets of the Outside World

Secrets of the Outside World

by MCR-99 11 reviews

Two regular teenagers, Rain and Jayson, live in a closed in city created in the middle of a real world they have no knowledge of. When a creature from the Outside gets in, the two teens set out to ...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-07-07 - 1090 words

0Unrated
Chapter One

"Good mornng, Rain." The computer automated voice said kindly, and the curtains automatically opened, letting the sun shine into Rain's pale-coloured room, as Rain awoke, stretching with a yawn as she got out of bed and ran a hand through her black hair that flowed down to her shoulders. "And, remember, it's the G.O.A.T test today."

"What?" That alerted her, and Rain hurried off to the bathroom to prepare for her day. She showered quickly, combed through her bed-head, and put her hair up into a tight ponytail, before brushing her teeth quickly and splashing her pale, tired face with a dash of cold water. Then, she walked over to her dresser, pulling out the drawer to all white, just like every morning.

"Isn't there any other colour around here?" Rain muttered to herself as she pulled out the one-of-many white jumpsuits and pulled it on, zipping it up at the back with the hook of a coathanger. Second, she pulled on her white go-go boots that came with the outfit, and waltzed from the room, not wanting to be late for the test, unlike the time before to see what class she'd be in for the new year, she was so late she was randomly assigned one, and never got the privalege to pick.

--

Rain got there thirty seconds earlier, which was a new record for her. She felt pleased with herself, as she sat down in her seat and got out a black leaded pen from the automatic dispenser, as the rest of the class filed in.

"Morning, Rain." Rain heard the tired voice behind her, and chuckled a little as she turned to face her fellow classmate, and best friend, Jayson. Jayson was the same age as Rain was, sixteen, and was very tall for his age. He had striking black hair and electric-blue tips that hung over his left eye. He was dressed in the same exact uniform as everyone else was, as the city they lived in, Conslied, lacked originality.

"Good morning, sleepy-head." She laughed, as Jayson sat himself down in the seat behind her, preparing for the test himself. "Ready for the big G.O.A.T exam?"

"No." He scowled. "I coulda slept in, like you did last year, but nope, my alarm wouldn't let me"

"Right." Mr. Rail announced. "I think that's everyone. Welcome, students. Here you shall take the exam that tells you exactly what you'll be doing once you've finished up school, the G.O.A.T. Now, G.O.A.T stands for General Occupation Aptitute Test, and it is very important for your age. Now, let's begin shall we, and no talking, keep your eyes on your own paper, and good luck."

---

After an hour of the test, it was finally over, and all the students filed up for their results. Most of them got Teacher, Chef, the usual day-to-day jobs. Other's got Hunter, Weapons Dealer, the big jobs. Rain didn't exactly mind what she got, but she knew that once she got that job, she couldn't change it. The line moved slower than she thought it would, so she had the chance to talk to Jayson while she waited.

"What do you reckon you got?" Rain asked.

"I dunno, but I wanna get Hunter. They live the big life. They get all the food, and get the big cash."

"All with the thought of knowing that it all goes to The Watcher and none of them ever get a penny." Rain stated. "Yeah, being a Hunter isn't much of a good career choise."

"Well, then. Ms. Shadows, what do you wanna be?" Jayson asked.

"I don't really care, we barely get anything in return for hard work other than a nod of approval and a 'good job today'." Rain was very pessamistic about this sorta thing, she always had been.

"That's not true, Ms. Shadows." Mr. Rail cut in, taking Rain's test results and looking over them. "Us teachers get a lot of things. A home, food on the table. You should count yourself lucky if you get to be a teacher. Ah, looks like you'll be in the pipe-works." Mr. Rail handed back Rain's test results, and called for the next person.

"Pipe-works?" Rain muttered. "I get to work in stupid pipes all day long, clearing out the waste that these people make?"

"Yes!" Came the call of a very happy Jayson, as he caught up with Rain and shared his news. "I'm gonna be a hunter!"

"Well, I'm working in the pipes." Rain said, oh-so-moodily.

"Ooh, tough break, kiddo. Maybe next year." Jayson laughed, as he made his way down the hall towards the Hunter's Station, while Rain made her way in the opposite direction toward the Pipes.

---

"Good job, today." Rain's supervisor, Kafe, told her as he patted her back. "Take a well-earned break.".

"Thanks.." Rain sighed, making her way to the breakroom, when something caught her eye. Hovering above a draft, was a black butterfly, with white dots all over its little wings. Rain looked above it, to see an open vent.

"Hmm.. how'd this get in here?" Rain walked over to it, scooping it up in both her hands, and studying it carefully. She then looked up through the vent, to see a black sky, with little white dots. The night sky, yet, outside the window it's still light. Rain was confused. But, she still had the little butterfly in her red and sweaty hands, maybe she might find out where it came from, and why the sky was black, when it's still light outside. Rain quickly dug about in her pockets with one hand, butterfly in the other, and found a little matchbox. "The perfect size.", she thought to herself, as she tipped it's contents out onto the floor, and placed the butterfly inside. Then, she put six little holes in the top, so the little creature could breath, and she carefully placed the matchbox in her bag, before running off to find Jayson to tell him about her most peculiar find.

*So, that is the beginning of this story. I got the G.O.A.T exam from Fallout 3, and the all-one-colour thing from the film The Island. Now, with the names, they're all anagrams. If you can decode them, I shall give you a special suprise appearance i n this fic, for one time only! Rate and Review!! Peace and Cookies, XO Sadie
PS: The city name is also an anagram.*
Sign up to rate and review this story