- Many thanks for another great set of chapters! Here's hoping that Yaxley and his little friends get everything they deserve and more! I'll bet that Madam Bones will have no trouble burning the midnight oil for them, especially if it leads to the rest of the slimy rat pack! I hope that Prof. McGonagall visits Harry and company next chapter. The talk between Mack and Harry was well done. He and Judith are great characters. Take care, and I'm anticipating the next smackdown on the DE's, Dumbles, and that idiot Voldy! :)
Author's responseHeya Teresa!
Yaxley (et al) will indeed be getting their comeuppance, starting next chapter. Amelia will indeed be working overtime on this problem. For the sake of continuity, most of the details will be omitted, as I want to get to the arrest and interrogation of our favorite brewer of freelance pharmaceuticals.
At this particular point in time, McGonagall doesn’t know about Hermione specifically, as she was badly wounded and in a great deal of pain, and to the best of her knowledge, Harry is dead. Her next direct interaction with them will be in the next to last chapter, where Harry disposes of the not-quite-as-dead-as-we-all-would-like-dark-lord problem.
The discussion between Harry and Mack was especially hard to write, as I had to put myself into both places at the same time. Quite honestly, I had Mack considerably easier on Harry than I would have been…starship notwithstanding. I’m happy it worked out as well as it did.
The smack down will begin next chapter, Dumbledore has already signed his death warrant and Voldy has a date, somewhere EXTREMELY hot…and the Deez have an unexpected and rather unpleasant surprise awaiting them.
Until next time…
- Great part. Curious to see what Mini does now.
Author's responseHeya Rob.
Minerva will return to Hogwarts. I’ll admit I screwed up there. I should have set her presence up before introducing her. I suppose we can say that she was in Cambridge simply on a lark and ended up in the wrong place at the right time. She will make a reappearance in the next part.
- Brilliant new chapter. Most superpowered Harry stories get boring fast, but this is proceeding at a good pace. I just hope there'll be some challenge for Harry to come.
Author's responseHello, erbk.
Thanks for your kind words. Like you, I don’t care for super-Harry stories. If all the problems are solved, what’s left to play with?
Challenges? Well, most of the challenges he came back to meet have been, at least in part, overcome. He’s helped to gut the current government, and set up a new one in its stead, and he’ll be eliminating two dark lords. After that, I suppose his biggest challenge would be to keep the keys to the My Little away from Sirius.
- when the time comes, please, please save mom Luna, plese
Author's responseHeya makarva.
That event would take place about four years in their future. This story will be done in a couple more (figurative) months. He could use his knowledge of the future to prevent the death, but again, that’s well outside this story arc.
- Great story! Mostly great chapter. I'm really liking your characterizations for the most part, only one thing bothering me...What on earth were you thinking by having Harry give Hermione 'unrestricted access' to a starship??? Ok, he loves her, ok, she's a bit mature for a 6 year old, but, she's a 6 year old!! I wouldn't give a 6 year old unrestricted access to a bicycle, let alone something like a starship. Other than that, I love the story. Thanks!
Author's responseHello, mjames.
Yeah, that might have been a mistake, but seeing as how Hermione won’t ever be aboard without Harry, it’s a moot point. In addition, ‘Mione is a self aware computer who controls every aspect of the My Little. She’s smart enough to not blindly follow orders that would endanger herself, Harry, Hermione…or the planet.
- It's going well so far. The ease with which magical oaths are portrayed as done is a bit alarming, though. That would be a bit dangerous for real children.
Author's responseHello draconix.
That actually was a mistake on Harry’s part (and on mine). I was typing the sequence and before I knew it the oath was sworn. In my defense, I get into the roles when I write. I actually try to become as much the character as I can in order to describe them and their actions as accurately as possible, and the basic fact here is that Harry loves Hermione with all his heart, and wants to make her father understand that. He hadn’t actually intended to swear an oath, but his feelings for Hermione made it into one. That’s why I had ‘Mione glare at him.
- As usual this story continues to impress. I was looking forward to the big reveal, and I am very pleased with the outcome. I look forward to seeing Mac's reaction to what Harry did.
The oath was amusing, and I think done well. At first i was surprised at the ease, and then I realized that with harry being 1000 years old he knew what he was doing, and initiated the oath.
Excellent work, as usual.
Author's responseHey Celexs.
I’m happy you’re impressed. Revealing such a sensitive subject would be exceptionally difficult which is why I’ve been preparing the Grangers for it since October. Hermione merely pushed the revelation forward a bit.
Mack’s reaction is very much as mine would have been…but not as intense. On the one hand he has a friendly five year old boy who just wants to get to know his baby. One the other, he has a thousand-year-old veteran who already does. It’s a nearly untenable position for any dad. All boys are scumbags…it’s right there in ‘The Overprotective Daddy’s Guidebook’, page 37, rule 111. Still, given what they know, and how open Harry has been, first with his magic and now with the My Little, I felt it was the best way to break through some of Mack’s resistance. I’ve always let my daughter make her own choices, suitably moderated, of course, and I’ve always encouraged her to make the smart ones. With Sirius, Remus, and both elder Grangers, I can see how it would turn out to be a -mostly- harmonious future.
As I told draconix, Harry’s oath was a mistake. Both on my part and his. I see it as one of those spur-of-the-moment things that define Harry’s existence, both in canon and fanon. He just spoke from the heart. He meant what he said, but he didn’t mean to swear an oath. On the other hand, now that he has, he will most definitely do his utmost to keep it, not only because of the potential penalties, but simply because he loves her.
- Ripper. Enjoyed the way Harry put Mack's mind to rest, always like a Islay single malt. And the explanation of his need & love of Hermione. Hopefully Minerva remembers what happened when they turn up at Hogwarts. Will he take Hermione for fly in /the little/?
Author's responseHeya Z.
Thanks, Mate. While I rarely drink, I can appreciate a little ‘mind-numbing goodness’ given what he’s learned. I’m glad you liked the explanation. I wasn’t sure if I got enough across.
Minerva will remember what happened, but only that it was a young witch who helped her. She didn’t see much of Harry, and Hermione was her primary physician so to speak. She’ll recall them, when she meets them in the next to last chapter.
They will indeed take a little trip…along with her parents…and several other people. That also comes in the next to the last chapter.
Sign up to review this story.