Categories > Original > Fantasy > Secrets of the Outside World

Chapter Five.

by MCR-99 1 review

Rain and Jayson meet some pretty colourful people..

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-07-16 - 848 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five.

"Hey, Jayson?" Rain asked as they stood outside the diner, taking in what they saw behind them. There was a neon sign above them, flickering with bright electric blue, and beared the words 'Killjoy Diner'. Rain and Jayson had thought about the name, and put it aside as something to catch people's eye, much like House of Blues or Henry and Henrietta vacuum cleaners. "Do ya think you can get this door open?" Rain pointed toward the door, which was boarded shut.

"I could try.." Jayson rolled up his workshirt sleeves, and tried with all of his might to pry the boards off the door, ad eventually managed to get the door open. Rain and Jayson stepped inside the diner, and Rain ran her hands along the wall in search for the light switch, which she managed to soon find, and turned it on, watching the many lights of the diner flicker to life and light the room. Rain and Jayson took in the large-in-size room, looking at all the furniture, and the walls, and especially the giant pile of food stacked upon the countertop.

"Look, food!" Rain nudged her friend on the bicep, pointing to the stack of food, before the two teenagers began to devour the food, which was tins of beans, cold beans to be exact.

"I'm sure I heard something, Party.." They heard a woman's voice, and Rain and Jayson looked up in fright. "It sounded like intruders.."

"Rayven, don't get too ahead of yourself." A man replied. "I'm sure it was nothing but rats."

The man and woman entered the room, hands laying upon their holsters, as they surveyed the room. The man was tall, and muscular in build, with neon red hair. The woman was slender, and medium size, with black hair and dip-dyed red tips. The man and woman soon layed eyes on Rain and Jayson, and reacted with a swift grab of their ray guns, pointing them at Rain and Jayson, with bravery scrawled upon their faces.

"Who sent you here?" The woman asked, keeping her gun pointed dead on Rain.

"No one sent us." Rain gulped. "We-We came here ourselves."

"From where?" The man asked, his brows furrowing.

"W-West of here." Jayson motioned to the west with his arm, and the man and woman followed the direction with their eyes.

"Ah, that vault then." The woman knew of the place, because she knew Rain from somewhere, yet couldn't put her finger on it.

"Yeah." Rain sighed. "Wait, how do you know about it?"

"My sister was sent there. I was going to get sent to that place too, but I ran. I did get a horrible burn from the city fires though." The woman rolled up her sleeves, exposing masses of burn, blackened with ash.

"Wait.. I have the same ones.." Rain noticed the familiar burns, and she too showed off hers.

"It can't be.." The woman muttered in astonishment, as it all came back to her. "How did you get them?"

"I don't know.. they've been there for as long as I can remember." Rain tryed to remember how exactly she got the resembling scars. "My friend, Jayson, has some as well." Jayson then showed the same burns.

"I-I don't exactly know how to tell you this.. but you're my sister." The woman came out with the truth. "We got seperated from our parents in the city fires. They'd died in the fires. You got taken to the vault, and brainwashed into thinking the world you used to live in, all of it, was dangerous. You were put under control, and have been for ages. But, here you are. We knew you'd get the sign."

"What sign?" Rain asked.

"Don't you recall the butterfly you've been carrying around with you? Well, I sent that down there, as a finder, to find my sister. That was the sign." The woman smiled at her ingenious plan. "Now, that is all I can say, the rest you'll have to find out, in a book, in our old town, just 100,000 miles from here. But, you can't go just yet, you're not trained, or in proper attire, so we'll train you up, and dress you up, and give you new personas, as those people back at the vault are surely looking for you now."

"Really?" Jayson widened his eyes. "Well, we're gonna die."

"No you're not. We're going to toughen you up. Now, let's go meet the rest of the gang." The man motioned for the shell-shocked teens to follow him and the woman, but Jayson spoke again.

"Wait, we never caught your names."

"Well, we can't give you our real names.." The woman said, and the man carried on the sentence.

"But, we can give you our Killjoy names. I'm Party Poison, and this is my girlfriend, Toxic Raven. Now, let's go."

A/N: Chapter five, everyone! It's Killjoy time! We're starting to get into the big shit now, so fasten your seatbelts and keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle. Rate and Review! Peace and Cookies, XO Sadie
Sign up to rate and review this story