Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Sailor Moon's Pokemon Journey

Chapter 6

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-07-16 - 6956 words

0Unrated
Sailor Moon's Pokémon Journey

By: USA Tiger

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Pokémon.

Chapter 6

Early the next morning had Gary dragging a half asleep Usagi toward the Pewter City gym.

"Come on Gary, did we have to get up this early?" Usagi asked with a wide yawn, she wanted to sleep in longer!

"We'll get the gym out of the way then we can start toward Mt. Moon," Gary said.

"Well couldn't we have eaten breakfast first?" Usagi said as she yawned again and stretched her arms above her head. Gary dug into his bag and handed the blond two energy bars to eat. Usagi eagerly munched on the bars as they entered the Gym. Inside the gym floor was covered in rocks and boulders. "Wow... does it always look like this?" She asked around a mouth full of food.

"Gym leaders design the gyms according to the type they specialize in. It gives the leader an advantage and makes it challenging for the trainer," Gary explained. "Hey! You've got a challenger!"

From the back of the gym, a boy a little younger than Usagi and Gary came out.

"I'm Forrest, the Gym Leader of Pewter City gym," The boy said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Which one of you is here to battle for the Boulder Badge?"

"She is," Gary said as he pushed Usagi forward, the blond was unable to answer with her mouth still full of food. "She's a new trainer," He quickly added when he saw the other boy reach for a pokeball at his waist. Forrest pouted, he was eager to use Brocks Pokémon but they were too powerful for a new trainer.

"Alright, I'll be back in a moment," he said, he needed to get some of the lower level gym Pokémon. (1)

"Ok so remember to be careful. Chip is a normal type so he's at a disadvantage but since he knows both a dark and water type move, he's got a chance. Just stick to Bite and Water Pulse," Gary said once he and Usagi was alone again. "And don't use Titan if you can avoid it, he's not ready to battle in a gym yet."

"Alright alright," Usagi said. "I get it."

Forrest came back a minute later, holding two pokeballs in his hands.

"Ok, just two on two. First one who has both Pokémon knocked out loses," Forrest said.

"Alright," Usagi said as she stepped up onto the rocky gym floor across from Forrest.

"Alright, Geodude go!" Forrest said as he tossed out a pokeball.

"Geo," The rock head with arms said.

"Go Chip," Usagi said, Chip ran onto the field, his tail held high.

"Meowth!" Chip said. Forrest had to bite his lip to keep from laughing; this girl was using a normal type against a rock? Usagi meanwhile pointed at her Pokédex at the Geodude.

"DING GEODUDE, THE ROCK POKÉMON. GEODUDE ARE FOUND IN FEILDS AND MOUNTAINS. MISTAKING THEM FOR BOULDERS, PEOPLE OFTEN STEP OR TRIP ON THEM. MANY GEODUDES LIVE ON MOUNTAIN TRAILS AND REMAIN HALF BURIED WHILE KEEPING AN EYE ON CLIMBERS," The Pokédex said.

"Ok Geodude, use tackle!" Forrest said, pointing at Chip.

"Dude!" Geodude rolled at Chip who leapt into the air and flipped midway to face Geodude as it passed him.

"Use Water Pulse Chip!" Usagi said.

"Meowth!" Chip said, opening his mouth and sending a ring of water at the Geodude. The rock Pokémon turned around in time to get a face full of water.

"Geodude!" The Geodude yelled as it tumbled back.

"Shake it off Geodude and use Rock Throw!" Forrest said, he underestimated the Meowth thinking that this would be an easy win.

"Geo," The Geodude picked up a rock and held it above its head.

"Use another water pulse" Usagi said. The Meowth sent another ring of water into the Geodude's face. The Geodude lost its grip on the rock which fell on top of its head.

"Dude..." The Geodude rolled onto its back with swirls in its eyes.

"Geodude return!" Forrest said, recalling his Pokémon to its pokeball. "Ok, Roggenrola go!"

"Roggenrola!" The tiny rock type stood in front of Chip. Usagi pointed her Pokédex at it quickly.

"DING ROGGENROLA, THE MANTLE POKÉMON. ITS EAR IS HEXAGONAL IN SHAPE, HAVING A TENDENCY TO WALK IN THE DIRECTION THE SOUND IS COMING FROM."

"Use Harden Roggenrola then use sand-attack!" Forrest said.

"Roggenrola," The Roggenrola's body glowed briefly as its blue body became harder then started to kick up sand off the floor at Chip.

"Meowth!" Chip yelled brining a paw up to his eyes as they started to burn and water as sand got into his eyes.

"Ok Roggenrola, use rock blast," Forrest said, the Meowth was blinded and easy pickings for his Pokémon. Usagi bit her lip, what to do?

"Chip, use a water pulse up in the air, use to the water to clean out your eyes," She said. Chip tilted his head back and sent a water attack into the air. The water droplets fell back down on the cat Pokémon, washing away most of the sand in his eyes.

"Meowth!" He said in alarm as he saw the rocks coming at him, dodging side to side. One rock hit him in the middle, sending him head over paws. "Me-owth" Chip rubbed his middle, that had hurt.

"Use bite!" Usagi said. Chip got up with a pain grunt and ran at Roggenrola, a dark mist surrounding his mouth as he sunk his fangs into the rock Pokémon.

"Rogg!" The Roggenrola flinched in pain.

"Now, water pulse," Chip used the water attack with at close range hit the Roggenrola full blast and knocked the rock Pokémon out.

"AWWWW!" Forrest said, slumping in disappointment as he lost. "Heh that was pretty good, I didn't think a normal type would do any good but you proved me wrong," The younger teen said as he straightened up. "So let me present you with your first badge." Forrest came over and handed Usagi the Boulder Badge. "You really earned it."

***

"So why do all the nurses at the Pokémon centers and the police officers look the same?" Usagi asked as she and Gary exited the Pokémon center.

"Don't know. I just know all the Joy's are related and all the Jenny’s are related," Gary said with a shrug.

"Hmm," Usagi picked up Chip, letting her Pokémon curl around her shoulders. Her new shiny badge was in a case Gary gave her. "Where to next?"

"Well the next gym is at Cerulean City," Gary said. "We'll have to go through Mt. Moon to get there. We should see Bill, he's a Pokémon expert, either there or at his house in Cerulean. We can ask him about some of the legendaries... You did a good job at the Gym Usagi," The younger teen said as they left Pewter City.

"Well it was different that doing the battling myself but I guess you were right, Chip really did look like he was enjoying himself," Usagi admitted.

"It's not every day that a normal type kicks two rock types’ butts," Gary said with a smirk. Usagi giggled softly while Chip nayed in agreement with Gary looking smug.

Meanwhile back in the city, Butch and Cassidy escaped from jail once again with their Pokémon.

"Ooh! I can't believe those two little punks," Cassidy said as they hid in the woods.

"I told you that outfit wasn't going to fool anyone," Butch said.

"I had people running and screaming," Cassidy pointed out making Butch roll his eyes.

"It was because of your flamethrower," He said. "We'll have to come up with a better idea to find that moon girl."

"In the meantime, I'm going to make that Oak boy and that blond girl regret crossing me," Cassidy said as she clenched her fist tightly in front of her.

"... The blond girl was kinda cute," Butch said. "Cuter than you."

"That little blond brat is not cuter than me!" Cassidy yelled loudly in anger while Butch laughed.

**

Jareth scowled as he looked into the mirror at his changed appearance. His waist length silver hair had been changed into a chestnut shade of brown and now only came past his shoulders. Ice blue eyes had been changed into a much darker shade of blue and even his skin was darker now. His face was the same but the differences were enough that he could easily pass for someone else which was the point. He turned from the mirror and looked at the outfit laid out on the bed, instead of his rich silks and satins he was forced to wear the same type of clothing as the humans, a 't-shirt' and 'jeans', much like he had worn the last trip out into the human world. He even owned a pair of 'sneakers' now.

"I cannot wait until this is over and I have the princess's heart," Jareth muttered as he started to get dressed in the shirt and jeans. Afterward he would have to go to the human world and pick out a new Pokémon, something that was far from the weakling Poochyena. Said Poochyena was long gone, once its usefulness was done Jareth had the thing's energy drained which resulted in the dark type Pokémon's death.

"Sire," An Elvin servant kneeled in the doorway, waiting for Jareth to acknowledge him. "I have the items." He held up a black Pokédex and a case with pokeballs in it.

"Good, now leave me," Jareth said as he took the items, the Pokédex contained the trainer id for his new false persona, 'Sydney Cooke' which was pretty far from his real name of Jareth as possible. He sighed; it was time to try again with his lady. Jareth opened a portal and stepped through into a forest, he had to find a Pokémon creature before he looked for Usagi again. He heard a bush rustle behind him, turning in time to see a tiger striped dog jump out.

"Growl!" The Growlithe said his lips pulled back in a snarl as he growled at Jareth.

"You'll do," Jareth said, waving his hand to freeze the Growlithe long enough for him to toss a pokeball at it. The ball shook a couple of times as the fire Pokémon tried to escape then came to a stop with a pinging noise. The dark prince picked up the ball and tossed it, letting the Growlithe back out.

"Growlithe?" The Growlithe said sitting on his haunches and giving Jareth a weary look, the man had frozen him like one of those psychic Pokémon.

"You are mine now, you shall act like a happy creature who likes his master," Jareth said, making sure to cover all of his bases. The Growlithe's eyes went blank for a moment as the spell took a hold of his mind then clearing up. The Pokémon started to pant as a doggy grin crossed his face.

"Growl!" The Growlithe jumped on Jareth surprising him as the Pokémon knocked him over. The Growlithe licked Jareth's face, his bushy tail wagging happy.

"Stop that," Jareth said in distaste as he pushed his new Pokémon off of him. "Return," He pointed the pokeball at the Growlithe; a red beam shot out of the ball and caught the dog Pokémon, the light flying back to the red and white ball in the teen's hand. He stood, wiping his face off from Growlithe's 'kisses'. He now had a Pokémon and it 'loved' him, it should convince Serenity and the human boy she was with that he was a normal human boy.

Another portal was opened, Jaerth stepping through and ended up off the path on Mt. Moon.

**

Usagi panted softly as she and Gary climbed up the steep mountain path.

'You would think after three years of climbing the stairs at Hikawa Shrine I would be use to climbing,' Usagi thought to herself.

"Usagi, do you want to stop?" Gary asked as he watched the older blond girl. Usagi just groaned and sat down on the nearest boulder.

"Geo!" A wild Geodude said as it moved out from under Usagi, knocking her over onto her back.

"Ow..." Usagi said, her arms spread out on either side of side of her. Gary leaned over into her view with an amused look on his face.

"You'll have to watch out where you sit," He said.

"You could have warned me," Usagi said as she sat up.

"Sorry, sometimes I forget that you're not from this world," Gary said as he held out his hand and helped her off the ground.

"I'm not sure if I'll get use to all this," Usagi said as she rubbed the back of her head. Gary patted her shoulder and found them a Pokémon free boulder for them to sit on. Chip jumped up on top of the boulder and curled up by Usagi's side.

"Fairy..." Chip's head shot up looking around.

"Owth?" Chip said as he stood and padded his way over to another boulder.

"Chip?" Usagi asked as she noticed the cat Pokémon walking away. She got up and followed her partner with Gary following behind her. Chip jumped up onto the next boulder, conking heads with a cute pink color Pokémon.

"Clefairy!"

"Meowth!"

The Clefairy rubbed her forehead while Chip just held his paws over his forehead charm.

"What's that?" Usagi asked.

"It's a Clefairy," Gary said. The Clefairy was wearing a necklace that had a small shard of a stone hanging on it and as she come closer to the two humans, the stone started to glow slightly.

"Fairy?" The Clefairy said in wonder, holding the piece of Moonstone between her hands then looked up at Usagi. "Cle Clefairy," She said as she inched closer to the blond. Usagi took out her Pokédex and pointing it at the pink Pokémon.

"DING CLEFAIRY, THE FAIRY POKÉMON. THE EVOLED FORM OF CLEFFA. IT IS SAID THAT HAPPINESS WILL COME TO THOSE WHO SEE A GATHERING OF CLEFAIRY DANCING UNDER A FULL MOON."

"Full moon?" Usagi repeated. "So... it's a moon Pokémon?" She asked as the Clefairy excitedly circled her, the Moonstone shard glowing the whole time.

"It's a rumor that Clefairy are from the moon," Gary said, grinning as he watched the Clefairy look up at Usagi with sparklingly eyes. Chip was a bit jealous at the other Pokémon and jumped into Usagi's arms, sticking his tongue out with a 'nahhhh'. "They worship the moon, that's known for sure."

"Clefairy! Fairy Clefairy," Clefairy said as she grabbed Usagi's hand and tugged her to follow her.

"I think it wants you to go with it," Gary said. The Clefairy nodded excitedly and tugged against at Usagi's hand. Usagi was curious and stood up, letting Chip climb up to drape over her neck and shoulders as the two teens followed the excited fairy Pokémon. (3)

***

The Clefairy lead the two teens and the Meowth into a cave in the side of the mountain, guiding them through different tunnels until they came to a large cavern. At the top of the cavern was a hole that sunlight was currently stream through, lighting up the area and shining over the pile of Moonstones in the middle. All around were Clefairys, Clefables and Cleffas, most of them stopping whatever they were doing when they saw that there were humans among them. Ash and his group were the last humans to see the Pokémon colony so this was a surprise.

"Clefable?" A large pink Pokémon said, speaking to the Clefairy who brought them.

"Fairy, Clefairy!" The Clefairy said, pointing at Usagi excitedly. "Fairy fairy cle!"

"Cle clefable?" The Clefable asked.

"Fairy!" The Clefable walked over the pile of Moonstones and picked one up, bringing it over. The Pokémon held the stone up near Usagi, gasping as the stone started to glow.

"Fable... Clefable! Cle Clefable!" The Clefable called out into the cavern.

"Gary, what is going on and what is up with those glowing rocks?" Usagi asked very confused as she was suddenly surrounded by many pink Pokémons.

"I'm not sure," Gary said just as shocked. "Remember when I mention some Pokémon evolve with stones? These are Moonstone, they are very rare.”

“Like the ones at the museum?” Usagi asked.

“Yeah,” Gary said with a nod. “The Clefairy can evolve into Clefable with them. They seem to worship the moon and collect Moonstones whenever they can."

"So why are they glowing near me?" Usagi asked making Gary shrugged his shoulders.

"Because you're the princess of the moon I guess?" he guessed.

"Not this world’s moon," The blond pointed out.

"Well I can't think of any other reason," Gary said with another shrug of his shoulders. The Clefable grabbed Usagi's hand, pulling the blond further into the cavern over to a pile of rocks that was set up like a throne. Several of Clefairys and Cleffas were decorating the 'throne' with flowers while others left to gather fruits, berries and nuts for a feast.

"Clefable. Clefable fa fable," The leader Clefable said motioning for Usagi to sit down. Usagi slowly sat down, Chip climbing up beside her.

"Meowth. Me owth meowth?" Chip asked the Clefable. The Clefable nodded and bowed to Usagi before leaving to help set up the feast. Usagi and Gary blinked as they watched the large pink Pokémon leave.

"Usagi, I think that they think that you are some sort of goddess," Gary said after a few seconds.

"Meowth," Chip said as he nodded his head.

"Goddess?" Usagi said in shock.

"Cleffa!" A little star shape Cleffa said as it held up a leaf covered in berries that were safe for humans to eat.

"Oh... thank you," Usagi said as she took offering making the baby Pokémon beam happily.

"Well, we're going to be here for awhile," Gary said as he sat down.

***

Night fell around Mt. Moon, blanketing the landscape in darkness until the full moon rose and made everything glow softly. The moon was visible through the hole in the top of the cavern, the Moonstones starting to glow under the moonlight.

"Clefable!" The leader Clefable called, gathering the attention of the group of Cleffa and Clefairy as well as Usagi and her friends. Usagi and Gary's Pokémon had been released from their pokeballs so they could enjoy the night as well. "Fable clefable cle cle fable!"

The other moon Pokémon cheered loudly.

"Do you have any idea what they are saying?" Usagi whispered to Gary.

"I'm not very good at understanding Pokémon I'm not close to," Gary said with a shake of his head. A group of tiny Cleffa gathered around, each holding a Moonstone. The baby Pokémon passed in front of where Usagi sat, bowing to their 'goddess' before adding the brightly glowing stones to the pile in the middle of the cavern. Once the last tiny Pokémon added its stone, they made a ring around the pile and started to sing.

"Oh they are so Kawii!" Usagi cooed her hands clasped under her chin.

Meanwhile in the space between worlds, Ozma sat upon her throne gazing into a crystal ball. It was searching for a large source of energy that she could have drained to feed the silos for her kingdom. An image of the gathering of Clefairy and Cleffa appeared, her attention drawn to the energy that was given off by the glowing Moonstones.

"Spirit-Cat, come to me," Ozma said, her voice echoing through the room. A cold wind blew through the room before with a swirl of magic and dust, a black fur humanoid cat woman with a pair of twisty horns sweeping back over her forehead.

"You call for me my queen?" Spirit-Cat asked as she knelt on the floor in front of the dark queen. With a flick of her fingers, Ozma sent the crystal ball to her servant.

"You are to go here and gather the energy that is building up," She said. Spirit-Cat caught the crystal and held it up.

"Your will shall be done," Spirit-Cat said, bowing again then disappearing in another swirl of magic.

Back at the gathering, the Cleffas had finished their song and were sitting around Usagi while the Clefairys added more Moonstones to the pile.

"Clefairy... clefairy.... clefairy..." They started to chant, dancing in the moonlight. Gary and Usagi watched in amazement, the Clefairys almost seemed to glow under the light of the Moonstones.

The room suddenly plunged into darkness, all of the Pokémon yelling out startled.

"Your energy is mine to take!" A horned humanoid cat woman yelled as a ball of energy gathering between her hands lit up the area.

"Damn it," Usagi muttered under her breath, calling her transformation wand to her. "Silver Moon Crystal Power, Make up!"

All actions within the cavern stopped as the Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable as well as Spirit-cat stopped to watch as Usagi changed into Eternal Sailor Moon. The moon Pokémon gasped at the feel of the Moon princess's power washed over them.

"Stop right there!" Sailor Moon said as she leapt in front of the Pokémon to stop the flow of stolen energy. "How dare you interrupt this wonderful joyful celebration! These wonderful little creatures only wanted to dance and sing under the light of the moon until you crashed their party. I am Eternal Sailor Moon and in the name of the Moon I shall punish you!"

"Stay out of my way moon-bitch," Spirit-cat hissed, holding her claws up in front of her. "Or I'll cut that pretty little face of yours."

Sailor Moon scowled at her foe, calling her weapon to her and holding it out in front of her.

"Dark claw!" Spirit-cat jumped at Sailor Moon, the monster's claws surrounded in shadows. Sailor Moon moved out of the way, looking back at the gorges that Spirit-cat left where she had been.

"Gary, is that thing any sort of Pokémon you know of?" Sailor Moon asked as she landed next to the human boy and their Pokémon.

"No, it doesn't look like any cat Pokémon I've ever seen," Gary said with a shake of his head. He was holding several Cleffas in his arm, trying to guide the group of pink Pokémon out of the cave. Sailor Moon nodded, knocking Spirit-cat out of the way as she attacked Usagi again.

"Clefable!" The leader Clefable stood in front of a group of Clefairys and Cleffas, both of the Pokémon's hands glowing as it used the Metronome attack, trigging a Meteor Smash attack as the Clefable flew at Spirit-cat with one hand held out in front of it. "Fable!"

"ARRRGGGHH" Spirit-cat roared as the Clefable's fist hit her head and sent her to the ground. "Bad idea," She hissed, barring her fangs as she leapt at the Clefable.

"Sailor Moon kick!" Sailor Moon kicked Spirit-cat in the side, knocking the cat woman into the side of the cave and away from the Pokémon. Spirit-cat groaned, sitting up dazed.

"Silver.... Moon... Crystal.... Eternal... Power!!!!" Sailor Moon yelled, as Spirit-cat was not a transformed Pokémon or person she used one of her attacks that would just destroy the monster right out.

"AAAHHHH!" Spirit-cat yelled before her body broke apart. As soon as the body was destroyed, all of the energy she stole rushed back out into the cave, the Moonstones glowing brightly once again.

"Fairy? Clefairy."

"Cleffa."

"Cle Clefairy," Clefairys and Cleffas came out of their hiding spot, looking up at Sailor Moon in wonder. Their 'goddess' had saved their lives from the thing that had attacked their home. Sailor Moon de-hershin back to her civilian form then turned in time to catch Chip.

"Meowth!" Chip cried as he wrapped his forelegs around Usagi's neck.

"Hey, I'm fine Chip," Usagi assured her Pokémon. "Just another battle." Chip nodded, he was always worried when his trainer, the creatures she fought against was so much different from the creatures of this word.

"Clefable," The leader Clefable said as it came up, bowing to Usagi. The other Clefairys and Cleffas followed their leader’s example.

"I really am not a goddess," Usagi said with a shake of her head. The moon Pokémon ignored her words, to them she would always been their moon goddess.

***

Back in the void, Ozma hissed in displeasure as her servant was destroyed.

'If we didn't need the brat, I would have the girl destroyed,' she thought. Her son might have been blinded by what he thought was 'love' but Ozma only wanted him to marry Usagi for one reason, to have access to the power the girl wielded. Next time she would have to have her servants attack areas where Usagi wasn't. Or send some to the other world, the humans there let off plenty of energy and she thought the other sailor scouts couldn't function without their leader/princess.

***

Meanwhile in Johto, Mamoru was sitting outside of the gym that Bugsy ran. It wasn't like any sort of gym Mamoru had ever been to, instead of people exercising inside to get fit or stronger, it was a place where people battled each other with this world’s strange little creatures called 'Pokémon'. It reminded him of the games Motoki had in the arcade though or some of the cartoons his Usako or Chibi-Usa liked to watch.

"Budew?" Mamoru blinked and turned toward the sound at his side. It was the little plant thing Budew. It had followed him from the forest.

"What are you doing here little one," Mamoru asked, holding out his hand for the Budew to climb into. Once the tiny creature was sitting in his palm, Mamoru held up his hands to look at the first living thing he met in this world. "Shouldn't you be with your family?"

"Dew bud budew," Budew said, bouncing in Mamoru's hand.

"I see you made a friend boy," a voice said. Mamoru quickly stood up, facing a stern face older man with gray shoulder length hair and wearing a blue gi like outfit. "You're the young man Bugsy told me about."

"I guess," Mamoru said, not really happy that the strange boy that rescued him from the forest was talking about him to other people but that couldn't be helped.

"My name is Kurt," The man said. "Come with me. My granddaughter should have some tea made." Kurt motioned for Mamoru to follow him and not wanting to seem rude, Mamoru did. The young man was lead to a house on the north end of Azalea Town. Inside it looked like a traditional Japanese house.

"Grandfather! The tea is ready!" A small girl with dark red hair said cheerfully as she ran up. A small bear like creature was following her, a large crescent moon on its forehead.

"Teddiursa!" The Pokémon said. (2)

"Thank you Maisy," Kurt said with a fond smile, patting his granddaughter on the head. "Why don't you and Teddiursa go play outside with Slowpoke."

"Ok!" Maisy ran over to the other side of the room, poking a large pink creature. "Come on Slowpoke!"

"Slow..." The Slowpoke stood and slowly walked out after Maisy and Teddiursa.

"Maisy, such a sweet chil,d" Kurt said as he sat down at the low table where the tea was set, motioning for Mamoru. Mamoru sat down across from Kurt, the Budew jumping off his hand onto the table top.

"Dew" She said, sitting by the cup of tea Mamoru was served.

"So our Gym leader tells me he found you wondering around lost inside of Ilex Forest," Kurt said after a few minutes of silence. "Bugsy also claims that you might have amnesia, you seem to know what's going around you pretty well. What were you doing inside the forest?"

"... My girlfriend was kidnapped from our home in Japan," Mamoru said after trying to think up a quick story that didn't involve telling the older man about alternate worlds. "I followed the person or persons that took her and ended up here."

"Do you know who it was?" Kurt asked. Mamoru shook his head.

"Not yet. I ended up in the forest by mistake I think. I just want to find her and go back home," Mamoru said.

"Dewww," Budew laid her head on Mamoru's hand, hearing the sadness in the human's voice when he spoke about his girl. Kurt studied Mamoru over his cup of tea as he slowly sipped it.

'The young man isn't telling me everything but at the same time he seems to be telling the truth,' Kurt thought to himself. The young man didn't seem to be a part of Team Rocket, they had enough trouble in their town with them a couple of years or so ago when Team Rocket kidnapped all of the Slowpoke in the town and cut off their tails. Lucky Slowpoke tails grew back after they were cut off. There was something off about Mamoru but Kurt couldn't put his finger on what it was. The man knew nothing about Pokémon according to Bugsy but then again he was from Japan. While there were Pokémon in Japan, they were few of them to be seen. Kurt also heard the want in Mamoru's voice to find his young lady.

"What is your name boy?" Kurt asked out loud.

"It's Chiba Mamoru," Mamoru said.

"Chiba-san, I don't know how or why you are here other than I can you are truly looking for this young lady of yours," Kurt said, putting his tea down and crossing his arms over his chest. "Perhaps you really do have amnesia, perhaps you don't. But I suggest that is the story you stick with. I am assuming you don't have a Pokédex or any sort of trainer's ID."

Mamoru shook his head; he had no idea what those items even were.

"I thought not," Kurt said. "So I will do this for you, I have friends that have an ID made for you. I suggest you take it and that little Budew that has seemed to become attached to you and continue to look for your young lady. I am going on my gut instinct about you, do not prove me wrong."

"Arigato gozaimasu Kurt-san," Mamoru said with a bow of his head.

"You will stay here tonight, I already told Bugsy you will be here. I should have the Pokédex and ID you need by tomorrow," Kurt said as he stood. "Afterward you are free to continue your search."

***

Usagi and Gray stayed the night with the Clefairy and Cleffa, Usagi always surrounded the pink Pokémon who worshiped her as a goddess.

"Look, I really need to go," Usagi told the disappointed Pokémon the next morning. "I have to continue this journey so I can find my way home to my friends and family."

"Fairy."

"Cle Clefairy."

"Cleffa!" The Pokémon cried, hugging the blond much to Gary's amusement.

"Meowth owth me meowth!" Chip called, getting the rest of the Pokémon's attention. "Meowth meowth!" The Clefairys and Cleffas looked disappointed but finally let Usagi go. Chip jumped up onto his human's shoulder.

"You guys are really great and I'll never forget you," Usagi promised. The Clefairy who lead them in originally was the one to lead them out of the caves.

"Clefable!" The leader Clefable called before they left. It ran up, a large egg that was pink and covered with white stars in its hands. "Fable Clefable," The Clefable said as it held up the egg.

"It wants you to take the egg," Gary said after he saw Usagi's confused look. "It’s a Pokémon egg, it'll have a Cleffa inside."

"Oh," Usagi said as she knelt down in front of the Clefable. "Are you sure you want me to take it?"

"Clefable," The Clefable said with a nod of its head while pressing the egg into Usagi's hands. "Fable cle Clefable." The Clefable took a step back and bowed to Usagi, the rest of the Clefairy and Cleffa in the cave following their leader’s example. Usagi stood, the egg cradled in her arms.

"Thank you," She said with a smile. The two teens waved goodbye to the Pokémon as they left.

"They really liked you," Gary said with a smirk. "It's not every day wild Pokémon gives a human one of their eggs."

"They thought I was a goddess," Usagi said with a shake of her head. "Rei would never let me live that down if she knew about this. She would say something about not letting it go to my head. So, what do I do with this egg?"

Gary explained how to take care of the egg as they walked, Chip reaching over Usagi's shoulder to gently touch the shell of his future team mate.

As the afternoon drew closer, the two teens stopped for lunch. Usagi rubbed the egg gently, subconsciously sending her magic into the egg to feed the Cleffa inside and make the little Pokémon stronger.

**

Makoto sighed as she sat down beside Ami during lunch time at their school. It had been days since Usagi disappeared and they sent Mamoru to the other world. The scouts had gained their strength back from the amount of magic they used; now it was just a waiting game for Usagi and Mamoru to return.

"Kami this sucks," Minako said as she dropped to the ground beside her friends. "Waiting for any sort of news is driving me crazy."

"I'm worried too," Ami said as she closed her book and took her reading glasses off, pinching the bridge of her nose with a sigh. She couldn't concentrate on her school work as well as she usually did, her mind was on her missing friend and princess.

"We should be the ones there with her, helping her out," Makoto growled, ripping at the grass in front of her.

"We couldn't all go," Ami pointed out. "And Mamoru-san was the best choice; it's his duty to protect Usagi."

"It's our duty too. More than his," Makoto pointed out. Ami sighed; this was hitting them all hard. "There has got to be something else we can do!"

"What? Not even Pluto can think of anything," Minako pointed out. "She's as stumped as the rest of us." The other girls sighed, it almost seemed helpless. Until they found a way they just had to hope Usagi and Mamoru found a way back themselves and were safe.

****

Usagi and Gary were now walking down the path that lead to the bottom of Mt. Moon, getting some training in for Chip and Titan when they could. Titan still didn't have very strong attacks but Usagi thought he was making progress.

"HELP!" The two teens startled at the yell, it had been very quite up until that point. Gary and Usagi looked at each other and took off toward the sounds of the yelling.

"What in the world?" Usagi asked as they rounded the corner and found a teen boy around their age being attacked by a group of Zubats. Gary sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Idiot must have disturbed a colony of Zubats," He muttered as he took out Electivire and tossed it away from him. "Electivire, use Thunder Wave!"

"Trivire!" The Electivire built up electricity and sent it out in a wave at the Zubats who squeaked loudly and quickly flew off.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok?" Usagi asked as she ran over and touched the boy's shoulder. Unseen by the other two teens, the boy smirked briefly before his force his face into a grateful look as he turned to face them.

"Thank you," He said. "They just came out of nowhere, I couldn't even get my Pokémon out."

"Zubats are like that sometimes," Gary said as he walked up. "They didn't hurt you did they?"

"No, I'm alright," The other boy said. "My name is Sydney."

"I'm Usagi, please to meet you," Usagi said with a bright smile, bowing in greeting.

"Gary of Pallet Town," Gray said, holding his hand out to shake. 'Sydney' aka Jaerth kept the look of disgust off his face as he shook Gary's hand. He would have to put up with the human boy for a while until he could get rid of him.

"Well thank you for saving me," Jaerth said in a light tone. "But I kinda got off course by those Zubats; I don't suppose you know the way out of here?"

Gary sighed and looked over at Usagi who shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, I know my way through the caverns. We can take you if you like?" Gary offered.

'Too easy,' Jaerth thought with a mental smirk while outwardly he smiled brightly. "Yes please. Besides more the merrier ne?"

"Yeah, of course," Usagi said with her own bright smile. Gary sighed again, they would have to be careful if they ran into another monster while with this boy.

"Come on," Gary said, calling his Electivire back before leading the other two into the cave.

"So where are you from?" Usagi's voiced echoed as they entered the cool shadows of the cave.

****

Usagi shivered and rubbed her arms, they had been walking in the cave for hours since they found 'Sydney', Usagi was sure night had fallen by now. It was chilly within the dark cave and she was slightly freaked out by the glint of eyes from Pokémon that she had seen.

"Can't we stop yet?" She whined from behind the boys. Gary sighed and brought up an arm to look at his watch.

"Might as well, it's late," He agreed much to Usagi's happiness. The trio of teens found a dry smooth patch of rock to settle down on for the night, a camping stove set up in the middle for warmth and cooking.

"So how much longer will we be in this cave?" Usagi asked between mouthfuls of ramen.

"If we start early enough we'll be out before noon," Gary said. "There's a path down the mountain we can take so we'll be outside."

"So what's the next gym like?" The blond girl asked as she finished the bowl of ramen and put it to the side.

"Cerulean City's gym is based around water types," Gary explained. "The gym has four leaders: Daisy, Violet, Lily and Misty."

"So... do I have to fight all four at once?" Usagi asked.

"Nah, just one," Gary assured her. "It will likely be Misty; she's the only one who takes being a Gym Leader seriously."

"Sounds like you know her pretty well," Jaerth commented.

"When I challenged the Gym I battled against Lily, she wasn't really into it and it was a really easy win," Gary said. "The three oldest rather put on plays or deal with fashion I think. Misty wasn't there at the time, she was traveling around with Ash. Since she came back, I've heard all the gym battles are handled by her while her sisters do whatever they like to do."

"So I'll fight her?" Usagi asked.

"Unless she's out," Gary said. "Grass and Electric are the best types to use against water types but I don't know if we'll come across either on the way. If I had Thunder Bolt, Thunder or Shock Wave TMs I would give one to you for Chip. Unless you have one of them," he asked, looking at Jaerth.

"No sorry, I'm fresh out of TMs," Jaerth said with a shrug.

"Meowth me Meowth," Chip said striking a pose.

"I think Chip is saying he can take on Misty or whoever Pokémon without the TMs," Usagi said with a laugh.

"Nyna," Chip nodded his head in agreement. Gary chuckled softly; he hoped the little cat Pokémon was right. All Usagi had was Chip the Meowth and Titan the Magikarp as it would be a while before the egg Usagi was given would hatch. Unless Titan suddenly evolved into a Gyarados or Usagi captured another Pokémon between now and until they reached the gym, Chip would be battling.

Of course stranger things had happen; Gary remembered hearing a rumor that Ash's Pikachu had defeated an Onix once.

****

Author Note: Usagi has her first badge and a future Pokémon on the way. What do you think of the Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable worshiping Usagi as a goddess? I figured that the water stone, fire stone and thunder stone would react the same way with Neptune, Mars and Jupiter if they were there.

I'm still trying to think up of a good foe for the girls in the other world, everything I've come up with ended up sounding a little dumb. I had to come up with Spirit-Cat's name from a generator as it was.

(1) I figured the gyms have to have extra Pokémon to use against trainers of all levels. It wouldn't be fair for a Gym Leader to use their powerful high level personal Pokémon against a new trainer after all.

(2) So in the silver/gold era games, Kurt's granddaughter had a Slowpoke but in the Anime or Manga she was given a Teddiursa.

Edit 8-7-14: More spelling and grammar fixed.

(3) X3 had no idea when I called Clefairy a ‘fairy Pokémon’ that would totally become true.
Sign up to rate and review this story