Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Party Time

by sickly_ill 1 review

Chapter 3 - Party Time

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-08-09 - 2667 words

2Exciting
Chapter 3 - Party Time



Into to the shop I go. And he’s where I always see him. Getting his tools ready. I take a deep breath and go to the same table where I set down my things. “Hey,” I smile at him. He looks at me in surprise that I’m actually talking to him. Believe me, I’m just as surprised that actually came out of my mouth.

“Hey,” he smirks. The corner of his mouth raising while the other stays in place. Oh my God. I can feel myself melting. That smirk is so sexy. I bite my lip.

“So, how do you think you’ll do at state?” I croak out of nervousness.

“I don’t know. My vertical can use a little work. And I still can’t nail the stick, but I don’t think I’ll do that bad. I mean, if I get to compete.” Oh yeah! I mentally slap myself. He’s just an alternate. “And for job interview I think I’ll do okay.” He shrugs. I nod.

“Well, at least you’re going.” I smile and get my tools out. And that’s the end of our conversation. For now.


Lunch is over and Hayden and I are taking a break from practice. I’m washing my hands when he comes up to wash his. Standing right next to him I see how much taller he is than me. And it’s such a turn on! I love tall guys. Since I only stand 4 foot 11. “Are you going to Max’s party?” I hear myself saying before I have time to register. My heart pounding. I know he knows Max from welding.

“How do you know about Max’s party?” He asks with his smirk again.

“Uh, I was invited.” I giggle a little and grab some paper towels to dry my hands.

“Hmm, never thought that was your scene.” He states, sounding surprised again.

“Then, what is my scene? I mean, according to you.” I stand with my hands on my hips and he looks at me. A complete up and down check out, and I blush. He just checked me out! No! He was assessing your scene!

“A quiet and mature Oprah’s book club with old ladies who have nothing better to do than read boring books.” I gape at him. Does he really think that of me?

“Wait, are you serious?” I ask, my ego completely bruised and my self-esteem completely squashed. He laughs.

“No. I was joking.” I furrow my brows. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. It’s just, I don’t know you well enough to get when you’re joking.” I let my arms fall to my sides.

“I see that now.” He rubs his neck in embarrassment. It’s so cute. I smile and just walk away. “Hey!” He stops me and I turn back around. “I wasn’t planning on going, but am I gonna see you there if I change my mind?” He asks.

“Seems like it.” I grin and get back to work. But not before I see him grin at my answer. I blush and bite my lip.


I drive home with Elio and he’s staring at me like I’m a lunatic. It’s probably the idiotic grin I’m wearing. “What’s up with you?” He furrows his brows as we pull into the town houses.

“I talked to Hayden today!” I squeal. “And we’re going to Max’s party on Friday.” I squeal again. Out of sheer excitement, and I feel my stomach flip. But in a good way.

“Whoa! Like, going as a couple, or date?”

“No.” I grumble. “But he said that if I was gonna be there that he’d go.” I grin.

“Oh, cool then. Am I invited?”

I laugh. “Sure, you can come.” He just nods and we head inside to snack on some Pop Tarts and not do our homework.


Friday couldn’t come any sooner! But the Skills USA team (Hayden and I) has to stay for practice. We don’t talk much during that time because Anderson’s grilling us both. Me on the mill and my cuts, and Hayden behind the wall on his vertical weld.

But when we’re packing up to head out Hayden says, as I’m walking out the door, “See you tonight.” I just nod and practically run out the back door to get home and shower.

I’ve got another mix of mine in my stereo and I’ve got clothes everywhere. I don’t know what to wear! I don’t wanna come off as a desperate slut, but I don’t want to be a prude either. I need sexy conservative. Fuck me!

I’m in a sundress, checking myself out in the mirror when Elio comes in. He looks at me with furrowed brows. “Don’t wear that. This is a casual party. You don’t wear dresses to those kind of parties.”

“But it’s still a party. I want to look good.” I pout.

“Look,” Elio comes in and sits at my desk. “I know guys like Hayden. They like their girls comfy. So they’ll think you’re sexy in some jeans and tank top. Just be yourself. What do you usually wear? Just wear something like that. And if he doesn’t like you, then it’s his loss.” Elio smiles at me. I sigh and get out a pair of stone washes skinnies. I then look for my baggy, black and white tube top and find my high top, original Chuck’s. I change while Elio’s covering his eyes.

“Okay, what about this?” I ask and look at myself in the mirror.

“Not bad. Now just put on some subtle make-up and do your hair.” He gets up and leaves. I sigh and go over to my vanity. I sift through my make-up and find some soft pink lipstick. I cover my imperfections with foundation and powder and put black rings around my eyes. Then I curl my eyelashes and put on some mascara. I look decent enough. I leave my hair down in its natural kind of wavy, kind of straight look and grab my black leather jacket from my closet. I almost walk out the door without deodorant and perfume, but rush back in and put some on. Can’t leave smelling gross.

I grab my wallet and phone before I grab the car keys and tell Elio to hurry up. I hear him spray his cologne and come out to meet me in the living room, where I double check I have everything. Shit! My knife. I go back to my room and grab it, hooking it on the inside of my pants making sure no one can see it.

“Where are you guys going?” My dad asks as we open the door.

“I told you guys we were leaving to the movies. The new X-Men movie came out, and Elio has no game to get a date so I’m going with him.” I joke. He just tisks and shoves me.
“Okay, pues. Be back before midnight.” Dad says and goes back to watching Cops.


I start the car and put Max’s address in my GPS. Seems like it’s on the ghetto side of Vancouver. Glad I brought my knife.

We eventually find the place and see that there are people everywhere. I find a parking space rather far from the party that way we can get away easier if the cops bust the party. We won’t be stuck in a car pile-up with all the cars I see parked right in front of the dirty, run down house.

We get out and walk to the party, seeing as we can hear it from the two blocks away where we parked. When we get to it, it’s just getting warmed up. But there’s still kids and cups on the front lawn laying on the grass. I just enter with Elio by my side. Then he spots a few of his buddies. "You got your phone, dummy?” He asks. I nod and he leaves me amongst the loads of people I don’t know. Shit, I knew I should have brought Adelia as a wing woman. But then again, the first hottie she sees she’ll leave me that instant. I sigh and head to the kitchen.

It’s bright in there, but I spot beer on the counter and view my options. There are many bottles of liquor and several cases of beer. There’s even come lagers I see. I spot some Mike’s Hard Lemonade’s and grab two. I pull myself on top of the counter and take a drink. Soon enough, people come in and start to take hits of the good shit. They create a circle around the entire kitchen, leaning and sitting on the counters. They pass the joint counter clockwise, and when it gets to me I just shrug and take a hit.

Puff, puff, pass. The smoke stings in my lungs, and I end up coughing it out. The guy beside me just laughs and pats me on the back. “You okay, man?” He has a Coors in his hand.

“Yeah,” I take a deep breath to calm myself.

“First time?” He asks. I just nod. “You’ll get used it after your third hit.” He shrugs. “I’m Trevor.” He extends his hand, and I take it gladly. He’s got nice muscles. Tall, square jaw, green eyes. Brunette.

“Cielo.” I say. He furrows his brow. “It’s Spanish for sky. Which is my nickname.” I explain.

“Nice,” He bobs his head and takes a hit, then passes it to me. He watches me as I inhale, hold, exhale, and pass. I take another sip of my beer. “So, where do you go to school?” He asks.

“Mountain View.” I lick my lips.

“Nice. I’m going to Clark right now so I can take all the beginning courses I need, then I’m transferring to PSU to study architecture. It’s cheaper that way.” He explains, and I listen. Feeling a little buzzed, either from the alcohol, bud, or both.

“Ooo, college guy.” I bump him. He just chuckles.

“You a senior?” He asks, I just nod. “Well, you’ll be a college girl next year then.” He bumps me back. I grin. “What are you gonna study?”

“Art. I either wanna be a tattoo artist, illustrator, or graphic designer.” I smile.

“Oh, dude! Check out my ink.” He lifts his shirt to reveal several tattoos on his sides and back. His lean stomach completely perfect. I lick my lips. I reach out and touch the Golden Gate Bridge in black and gray. The background perfectly shaded. His skin warm and soft. He groans as I skim my fingers over it. I immediately stop. “Sorry, it’s just been a while.” He smiles, embarrassment in his eyes.

“It’s okay.” I smile and then touch the line of stars stretching down and around his back. “All professionally done?” I ask.

“Of course. It cost me a shit load, but better safe than sorry.” He puts his shirt down.

“True.”

“You got any?” He asks.

“Nah. My pieces cost too much for me right now. And my mom would literally kill me.”

“What? What kinda artist doesn’t have ink?” He jokes.

“That’s what I said.” The blunt reaches us again, but I pass. I can’t afford to get too fucked up tonight. I’m DD.

Trevor and I talk a little more and swap numbers when I spot a tall figure come into the kitchen. I’m on my second beer. I look up and see Hayden. He’s smiling at me. He strides over. “Hey.”

“Hey.” I don’t know whether to give him a hug or high five. We haven’t gotten to that stage.

“What up, Trevor?” Hayden and him man hug. I furrow my brows.

“How do you guys know each other?” I ask.

“I met Hayden in welding.” Trevor smiles. I cock an eyebrow at Hayden. He just nods, his hair and gauges shaking.

“How do you know Trevor?” Hayden asks me.

“I just met this queer.” I joke and bump him again, signaling I’m joking. They both laugh. I giggle.

“And how do you guys know each other?” Trevor smiles and takes another hit, offering me and Hayden some, but we pass. He shrugs and hands it to the chick next to me.

“Sky’s the girl going to state for machining.” Hayden glances at me. “We met in Skills USA.”

“What?” Trevor grins. “She’s the one Anderson’s bragging about?”

“Whoa, what?” I didn’t know anything about this!

“Yeah.” Hayden nods.

“Damn, good job, dude.” Trevor pats my back again, but this time in congrats.

“I placed out of default, but thanks anyway.” I smile.

“Who cares? You get to skip school to stay at some hotel and compete. It’s better than not placing at all, default or not.” Trevor points out. “And Anderson says you placed in job interview too. So you still truly placed in one thing. You woulda made it anyway.”

“True,” I shrug. Then things get quiet between us. “It was getting late. Didn’t think you were gonna show.” I say to Hayden.

“I couldn’t get out of the house. But my mom finally went to bed and Austin and I snuck out the back door.” Hayden chuckles. Trevor shakes his head.

“Where is that, queer? I haven’t seen him in a while.” Trevor asks Hayden.

“Somewhere in the living room. It’s where I left him anyway.” He laughs.

“Cool. I’ll see you around, bro. Nice to meet you, Sky. Call me, text me, whatever. I look forward to hearing from you.” He grins at me and takes my hand and kisses my knuckles softly. I blush.

“See ya, Trevor.” I smile as he walks away and disappears into the people. Hayden takes his place next to me and leans against the counter.

“Damn, Trevor’s got it for you.” He states. I just roll my eyes and give him the you-are-out-of-your-mind look. “I swear. I’ve never seen him kiss a girls hand before.” He shakes his head and reaches for a beer on the counter behind me. Brushing his fingers against my ass. He flushes, but doesn’t apologize. I smile.

“Don’t forget that Trevor’s been smoking pot and drinking Coors all night. He’s mistaken. You’re mistaken.” I finish my Mike’s.

“I don’t know.” He says in a sing song voice.

“And even if he does like me, what makes you think I like him?” I quip.
“The way you seemed to have easily warmed up to him and the little bump you gave him. And don’t think I didn’t see that blush when he kissed your hand.” He says like he’s threatening me. Or maybe he’s jealous.

“Oh, excuse me. I’m not allowed to blush when guys treat me nice.” I jump down from the counter and find my way out to the backyard. I sigh and go sit on the grass. I look up at the sky and see the small stars twinkling. What is wrong with me? “Sky?” I hear Hayden behind me.

“What do you want, Hayden?” I frown and lay down.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.” He comes to sit next to me.

I sigh. “I know you didn’t.”

“Then why did you get mad?” He asks softly.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I look up at him. He just shrugs. “Never mind then.” I close my eyes.

“Sky, I was jealous.” Hayden say, and my eyes fly open.
Sign up to rate and review this story