Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

A crush on me?

by sickly_ill 1 review

Chapter 4 - A crush on me?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-08-12 - 3613 words

1Ambiance
I blink. Hayden? Jealous? Wait, what? “Why the hell would you be jealous?” I lean up on my elbows.

“Because I didn’t make that blush happen.” He mumbles.

“Is this your way of telling me that you have a crush on me?” I sit up all the way now.

“I guess so. I mean, you should’ve taken the hint when I told you I’d come if you did.” He smirks.

“That’s what she said.” I joke, I couldn’t help myself. We have a small laugh, and then, I feel it. That chemistry everybody looks for. And he feels it too, because he stiffens and looks at me in shock.

“Am I the only one that feels that?” I whisper. He shakes his head slowly. I gasp. I get goose bumps when I look up at him, in his sparkling eyes. I search his eyes and see something there that makes me burn on the inside out. But in the best way possible. Before I know it, I find myself leaning in for a kiss. And so is he. His thin, pink lips pucker just bit. Our breathing getting ragged. Our lips are about to meet, and I swear they meet, but Elio comes bursting outside.

We jump apart. “What do you want, Elio?” I scold him for interrupting us. Then I hear someone scream, “Pigs! Pigs!”

“Shit.” I scramble to my feet and Elio and I are running to the car. Hayden tailing us. I stop, and he bumps into me. “Do you need a ride?” I hear the sirens in the distance getting closer.

“Cielo! What are you doing? Get the kid and let’s go!” Elio yells.

“C’mon!” I grab his hand and a bolt electricity shoots up my arm like heroin. But I ignore it and pull him. We race, hand in hand, to the car. I unlock it quickly and we all pile in.

“Why didn’t you park closer?” Elio’s breathing hard when I pull out onto Mill Plain.

“We didn’t get jammed up on the way out, did we?” I argue. He just stays quiet. “That’s right, bitch. Complain about what I do again.” I joke.

“Shut up!” Elio pushes me playfully and I laugh.

“Um, guys, I kinda need to get home.” Oh, crap. I forgot Hayden was in the back seat. I see him in my rearview mirror.

“Oh, sorry. Where do you live, exactly?” I ask.

“Uh, behind the Big Al’s.” He says. I nod and head there. “Just turn here.” He directs me to this sea foam green two story house. It’s quaint and quiet. I see Austin’s car in the drive-way, alongside another. Which I’m assuming is his mom’s. “Uh, thanks for the ride Sky.” He starts unbuckling his seat belt as I pull up along the curb. “See you Monday?” He asks as he opens the door and waits for my answer. But honestly, I don’t think I can survive till Monday. It’s a whole two days. And I need to tell him that. Be honest. I mean, he admitted to having a crush on me! He made the first move. Now it’s my turn.

“Yeah, about that.” I smile. “I don’t think I can wait that long to talk to you again.” He blanches at me. I just grin. “So, maybe we can swap numbers and I can text you.” I bite my lip, waiting anxiously for his answer. Finally, his face splits into a sexy grin.

“Sure.” He gives me his phone and I put in my number. It’s all up to him now. I hand it back to him and he leaves. Elio’s gaping at me and I roll my eyes.

“My sister’s got game.” He laughs and I smack him. “Ay! I’m not saying it in a bad way! You’re giving and taking.” He nods in approval. “You’re doing good.” I smile and we go home.


Saturday morning, I wake up to my phone ringing. I don’t recognize the number, so I debate answering it. But it could be something important. I press the call button and croak, “Hello?”

“I’m not waking you, am I?” I hear his voice. Oh my gosh! It’s Hayden! I spring up and I’m fully alert now.

“Uh, kinda.” I decide to be honest.

“Sorry. I can call back later, if you want.” I hear the embarrassment in his voice.

“No! It’s okay. I needed a wake-up call.” I joke, and hear his laugh on the other end. “So, what did you call me for?”

“Uh, well, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to get some ice cream or something.” He asks, and I can just see him rubbing the back of his neck. I smile and blush.

“Sure. I can meet you somewhere, or pick you up. Or you can pick me up.” I suggest.

“I can pick you up. But you’re gonna have to dress in jeans. ‘Cause we’re taking my dirt bike.” I swallow hard. Wait, what?

“Uh, I’ve never ridden on a dirt bike.” I admit.

“You’ll be fine. I’ll be by around one. Is that okay?”

“Uh, yeah, sure.” I smile and give him my address. “Okay, I’ll see you soon.” I smile.

“Okay.” I can hear his grin, and he hangs up. I squeal and do my victory dance. Then rush to Elio’s room. I burst through the door and jump on his bed.

“Oh my gosh! Elio!” I shake him.

“Whaaat?” He whines.

“Hayden just called and we’re going for ice cream! But he said I need to wear some jeans because we’re taking his dirt bike!” I squeal again.

“Then shower and get dressed. And leave me alone.” He mumbles and goes back to bed.

“But what jeans do I wear?! Oh my gosh! Do I use my new perfume?” I grin. But now’s not the time to think about that. I run to the bathroom and take a quick shower.

Once I get out, I head to my room with a towel wrapped around my body. I pick out my magenta lace undies and cream push-up bra. I find some black skinny jeans and slip them on. I dig around in my closet and find a pastel pink, loose-fitting tank top with criss-cross straps. I slip it on and fix it so my boobs look good. I smile and find my pink, low-cut Chuck’s. I look at my outfit in the mirror and I beam at myself. I sprits on my new perfume and put on my deodorant. I smear on some make-up and blow dry my hair. I straighten it and check myself in the mirror again.

Then I hear my cell phone. It’s Hayden. “Hi.” I breathe.

“Hi.” I hear his grin. “Um, I’m having a little trouble finding your town house.” I giggle.

“Everyone does. But do you know where the office is?”

“Yeah.”

“Just meet me there.” I smile and hang up. I grab my clutch/wallet and cell. I yell to Elio I’m leaving and slam the door. I take a deep breath as I walk to the office. There I see Hayden leaning against his parked Kawasaki. Carhartt jacket, steel toed boots, skinny jeans. I smile when I see him. He returns the favor and butterflies flutter in my stomach. I lick my glossed lips when I reach him. “Hello, Hayden.”

“Sky.” His lip twitches into a small smile. Excitement in his eyes.

“To be honest, I’m kinda nervous about the bike.” I look down at my shoes and bite my lip.

“Well, we can take your car. If you’re that scared. It can be intimidating riding with someone you don’t know all that well. But I hope we know each other better after today.” He smiles.

“Okay, then. You can store it in my garage just so you don’t get a ticket.” I lead him to the attached garage and go inside to open it. I clear an area among my dad’s tools and Hayden walks in his bike. I smile and close it.

I lead him to my ugly green Honda Civic. We get in and Flyleaf starts playing. I turn on the heater. I didn’t think it would be this cold, but it is still January. “You cold?” He asks. I nod and wait for the car to warm. I watch as he takes off his jacket to reveal an Avenged Sevenfold hoodie. “Here.” He smiles and drapes his jacket over me. How sweet. I grin. It’s nice and warm inside and I relax against the heavy material.

“Thanks.” I bite my lip. “Most guys woulda said, ‘Yeah me too’.” I laugh.

“Yeah, they woulda.” He smiles. “And I was thinking about it.” I just shake my head with a smile and slip my arms through the jacket so I can reverse the car and head out.

“So, where are we headed, exactly?” I question.

“Well, it seems too cold for ice cream. But we can go to Starbucks and get some hot chocolate or something. Unless you want ice cream.” He stammers. I blush at his nervous tone. I make him nervous. I giggle a little.

“No. A hot mocha sounds good right now.” I nod and we head toward the Walmart to actually be able to sit in the café. We pull up to find it somewhat empty. Which is good. We get out and Hayden opens the door for me as we get to the entrance. I blush. “Such a gentleman. Who said chivalry was dead?” I go in and the scent of delicious coffee warms my soul.

“Let’s order some mocha’s.” Hayden takes my hand in his, which is surprisingly warm, and leads me to the cash register. I look up at the menu and decide that I want just a regular hot mocha. I order, and so does Hayden. He get some sort of funny tea. I never would take him as a tea guy. He pays, and he tells me to pick a table while he gets our drinks.

I choose a small table by the window and sit, removing his jacket because it’s getting a little too warm for me. I hang it on the back of my chair and wait for him. I smile. He’s so nice. I’ve never met anyone like him. He comes back and hands me a steaming cup of mocha. I mutter a thanks and put my hands around the cup. Ahhh. He sits across from me and stares as I watch outside. I feel his eyes on me and my breath hitches in my throat. I turn to him and his face is stoic. “So, Hayden, how are you?” I start. He comes back from the universe he mentally transported himself into.

“I’m good. Better now that I know you like me too.” My heart stops for a millisecond.

“Oh, really. And how do you know this?” I quirk an eyebrow as I take a welcome sip of my mocha. The coffee spreading the warmth everywhere.

“A little birdy told me.” He smiles mischievously and I blanch. Fuckin’ Elio! Can never keep his mouth shut! But I act normal.

“Do I need to kill this birdy?” I smirk.

“I think you’d be really sad if you did. Well, at least your parents would be.” He hints. I knew it!

“Yes, well my brother’s an idiot.” I take another sip. “When did he find the time to tell you anyway? He’s got practice and work. And on top of that school.”

“At the party.” I just shake my head.

“Always butting in.” I snort.

“Well, he threatened me as well. Said if I hurt you, then he’d kill me. Which I understand. He’s a good guy.” He nods, and finally takes a drink of his tea. “And then I saw you with Trevor.” Hayden grimaces.

“And what’s wrong with Trevor?” I muse.

“He’s not the best person in the world.”

“No one is, Hayden.” I take a full drink now.

“I know that. But Trevor’s the bad boy type.” He says, his eyes downcast.

“Aren’t you a bad boy? I’ve noticed your attendance is sparse, you drink, heard you made a pipe in Anderson’s class.” I list.

“You drink too. You’re no saint.” He argues. “I know I’m not the best student, but at least I’m a good person.” He takes another drink. “Well, I like to think I am. Trevor, on the other hand, is bad boy through and through. Never went to school, was dealing drugs before he was fifteen. User and abuser. You shoulda seen his last girlfriend’s face after she broke up with him. Not a sight for sore eye.” He grimaces again. “He drives a Harley and downs hard liquor for breakfast.”

“And this is your friend we’re talking about?”

“Trevor was never my friend. Yeah, we know each other, but that doesn’t mean anything.” Hayden stops drinking his tea. Like Trevor gives him a bad taste. “So, if you could, just stay away from him.”

“We haven’t even gotten through our first date yet, and you’re already telling me what to do?” I joke, but Hayden doesn’t laugh.

“Do what you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.” He stares out the window. I know I’ve hurt his feelings.

“I won’t see him, okay? I didn’t like him anyway. He just started talking to me and we had a few laughs. I was waiting for you to get there anyway. What was I supposed to do? Sit on the couch by myself looking like a loser till you came? If you came.” I purse my lips.

“No.” Hayden looks down at his tea. I take a drink of my lukewarm mocha and frown. How did this get serious so fast? First dates are supposed to be fun. And we don’t even know each other that well to feel this strongly about each other’s safety. It all seems irrational. But deep down, I know I really care for Hayden. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have agreed to stay away from Trevor.

I look at Hayden watch the outside world. His eyes show he’s in deep thought about something. His brows tell me it’s about something worrying. I see his fine lips set into a thin, pink line on his handsome face. No facial hair, no major acne. His gauges sitting in his ears like they’re a part of him. They suite him well enough. His shaggy dirty blonde hair peeking out from under his Nike cap. I smile as I admire him. Soon enough, he feels me staring because he turns and looks at me.

I look him in his powder blue eyes and get lost in trance. My heart beat quickening as he stares right back into my amber eyes. He grins and heat spreads over my face. “I love your smile.” He compliments me.

“And I love your face.” I joke, but he blushes anyway. Oh my gosh! His blush is dazzling. And I caused it. “How’s your tea?”

“It’s a little cold now. How’s your disgusting coffee?” He grins, amused.

“Great!” I beam. “You’re not a coffee guy?”

“Nah. Tea’s more soothing. And it has no bitter after taste.” He smiles. “Want a drink?”

“Uh, sure.” I furrow my brows as he hands me his cup. Our fingers brush gently and we both blush. I take a sip, my eyes never leaving his. Eww! I furrow my brows at the lukewarm, harsh taste. Hayden laughs at my screwed face. I force it down. “You like that shit?” I wipe my mouth and give it back to him. “Bitter my ass.” He laughs.

“You gotta develop a taste for it.” He gives me a full-toothed grin. His teeth perfectly straight.

“I wouldn’t ever wanna develop a taste for that.” I take a big gulp of my mocha to wash down the tea. It helps a little.

“Shall we head back?” He stands. I nod and give him his jacket back. He takes it and slumps it over my shoulders. We head out, and he holds the door for me, once again. I blush and head home. But on the way, I find that I don’t want to go home just yet.

“Do you wanna go to the park?” I blurt out.

“In January?” Hayden smiles. I nod. “Sure,” he shrugs, and I head to a small park on the back roads to the cinemas. I park, and we get out. I smile and take his hand as I head to the frosted swing sets. I sit, and he takes the swing next to me. Together we sway in the cold wind. How can he not be cold in that hoodie? But he doesn’t look cold. He looks mellow. Serene even. I watch as he sways back and forth, looking at the frost bitten sawdust.

“So, where are you from?” I ask.

“From here. Born and raised.” He mumbles and looks at me. “You?”

“Oregon.” We sit there for a while till I can think of another question. “So, what do you do in your spare time? Like, fun things.”

“Well, I like long boarding, dirt biking, quads, swimming, and flirting with you.” He smirks. Oh jeez, that smirk. I smile. “What about you? What do you do for fun?”

“I read, draw, play basketball, watch movies, dance, paint. All the things other people find boring.” I snort.

“That doesn’t sound too boring.” He shrugs.

“Stop being nice. Just be honest.”

“I am being honest. Painting involves patience. So does drawing. But I’m not much of a reader, or dancer.” He shrugs again.

“Why not? Dancing is so much fun! It lets you get out all those wiggles.” I shimmy my chest. He just laughs out loud. “What!? Please don’t tell me you’ve never danced.”

“I have. But not good enough for you Mexicans that roll your hips and shake it all over the place.” He grins, his teeth shining again.

“I can so show you!” I clap.

“Nope. Never gonna happen.” He states.

“Once you see me dance you’ll be begging me to show you.” I say with my Mexican attitude I only use when I’m joking or about to throw down.

“Oh, okay. Well, let’s see some of your sexy moves.” He challenges me.

“Ooo, I don’t think so. You have to earn my hip rolling.” I purse my lips and quirk an eyebrow.

“Okay, then. I look forward to earning it.” He gets up and starts to jog to the car. He just up and left me hanging. I gape at him and get up to chase him down. When I reach him I just jump on his back and he spins me around. We’re both laughing and having a good time.

We play a little bit more, but get cold and head back to my place. There, and on the ride home, we talk and talk. About music, cars, school, our families. We sit there for about two hours parked in the lot and laugh. “Damn, it’s getting dark. I needa get outta here.” Hayden frowns. “I don’t have lights on my bike yet.” I nod and we get out of the car. I open the garage and he rolls his bike out. I give him his jacket back, and he shrugs into it. Sliding it over his broad shoulders. I press my lips together and wait for him to mount his bike, which he does gracefully. “Can I call you tonight?” He asks.

“Yeah, sure.” I grin. He smirks and I watch his lips. Hoping for a kiss. He glances down at my lips too. I take a step closer to him and he swallows hard. I bite my lip and lean in half way. Waiting for him to meet my lips with his. I look him in the eyes and I see hesitation. I’m about to pull back when he makes a move closer. Our lips hovering. But before I know it his lips are on mine and I close my eyes. And there it is. The chemistry. Only this time it’s flowing between our lips.

I moan a little as I feel Hayden’s tongue lick the bottom of my lip, begging for entrance that I won’t give him. He keeps trying, but the truth is that I’ve never kissed with tongue. I know! I’m 18 and I’ve never French kissed anybody!

I pull back and try to contain my breathing. “I’m sorry. Too fast.” He licks his lips.

“It’s okay.” I look down at the concrete. “It’s just that I’ve never kissed with tongue before.” I look up and I see him gaping at me. I press my lips together and start toward the front door. “I’m looking forward to that call.” I smirk before I leave him standing in the cold while I go inside and see Elio shake his head when he sees my stupid grin.
Sign up to rate and review this story