Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Beautiful to me

Dance in the rain

by bulletproofheart44 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2013-08-13 - 1650 words

1Moving
I arrive from my room 30 minutes later. I settled on wearing a pair of Levi pants, a purple tank top and a pair of black converse. I slowly walk down the stairs and turn into the living room, no Gerard. I sigh and turn out of the room and run into someone. I look down and see it is Arianna. She is wearing a pair of plaid pajama pants and what looks like Ray’s shirt from last night. I raise an eyebrow and as if she knows what I am thinking she responds.
“No we didn’t have sex, we got close but no. We just cuddled” she says crossing her arms. I just nod and smile.
“Okay I believe you” she nods and uncrosses her arms.
“Why does it smell like pancakes?” She asks heading to the kitchen
“Oh um…well…Gerard made my pancakes” I say silently. She turns on her heels in the middle of the hall way and stares at me then gets a huge smile on her face.
“He made you pancakes?!” She says excitedly. I can feel myself blush. She notices.
“Oh my god! You guys are going to get back together aren’t you?!” she says clapping her hands.
“No, no we aren’t…yet. We are taking things slow…”
“Speaking of slow” I hear Gerard’s voice say behind me. My heart jumps and I turn around and see him. He is leaning against the wall with a sassy smirk on his face.
“I was ready in 30 minutes” I sass back.
“According to my watch it has been 40” he says pointing to his wrist. I roll my eyes.
“That’s because I came down looking for you but you weren’t here”
“I thought I wasn’t allowed to smoke in your house?” He questions.
“You aren’t, lets go” I say grabbing my bag off of the coffee table.
“Isn’t that Rays shirt?” Gerard asks pointing to Arianna.
“Yes but we didn’t sleep together okay?!” She says storming past Gerard. He and I just look at each other and shrug.
“Oh well” he says heading to the front door.
“what are we doing today?” I ask.
“You’ll see” he says opening the door. I nod and step outside into the lovely day. I look ahead and see a very nice 2007 black mustang. My jaw drops to the floor and I hear Gerard laugh as he hits the clicker and his car makes a beeping noise indicating it has been unlocked.
We walk up to his car and he holds the door open for me. I sit down on his nice leather seats and examine the interior. This has got to be one of the nicest cars I have ever been in. Gerard slips into the drivers seat and turns on the ignition. The Misfits automatically begin playing from the speakers.
“So where are we going?” I ask.
“I said you’ll see” he says while speeding away from the curb. I look away from him and out the window as the town begins to pass by us. We drive for that feels like forever but then we finally pull into the parking lot of a medium sized building. I look up at it and it says
“Trey’s art gallery” I raise an eyebrow as Gerard turns off the car and steps out. He hurries around the car and opens my door.
“Thank You” I say stepping out into the cool day. Gerard just nods and closes the door behind me.
“So what is this place?” I ask.
“An art Gallery” Gerard holds the front doors of the place open and I step inside. The whole room is white and covered in paintings and sculptures of all sorts.
“Really? Because the sign ‘Trey’s art Gallery’ gave me no indication on what this place is” I say sarcastically. Gerard laughs and closes the door.
“I brought you here because I know the guy who owns the place, he is keeping it closed to the public today” Gerard steps in front of me and walks up to the front counter seeming to look for someone.
“Why did he close it down?” I ask curiously.
“Because I asked him to”
“Why did you ask him to?” I say pushing for more information. I can see Gerard is getting frustrated and I just smile. Just as he is about to respond to me a short man with a black beard, tight pants, a green shirt and a green baseball cap comes around the corner.

“Gerard! I was wondering when you were going to show up!” the man says shaking his hand.
“Sorry someone took a little while getting ready” he says pointing to me, I just stick my tongue out at him.
“Ahh I hear ya. When the wife says ‘5 minutes’ I know it will be at least twenty!” the man says with a laugh. Gerard lets out a chuckle too. I just roll my eyes.
“Well the place is all yours buddy! If you see something you like let me know! I have artist from all over the country!” and with that he walks off. Gerard turns to me and just smiles and my heart melts. He sticks his hand out and I gladly take it and we make our way down the hallway.
“So why did you bring me here?” I ask again. Hoping to get an answer this time.
“Because, I never got to really show you my love for art before, how much it means to me.” He says mystically glancing up at the paintings around us. And it is then that I see his love and passion for this. I smile and join him in staring and enjoying the paintings around us.
It is so far just your typical art. Gerard is talking about 90 miles an hour about what techniques they used and what the picture means to him. I just smile and nod most of the time sometimes putting me two cents in, but other than that I let him bask in this glory. He really truly does love all of this. I love seeing life behind his eyes.
Gerard eventually leaves me by myself to go talk to the owner of the art gallery to discuss buying a piece of art. While he is gone I wonder down an other hallway we didn’t go down. Most of the pieces are unique, lots of “splatter” technique as Gerard had told me, but one catches my eye.
There is a picture of a girl, walking along a grassy path, lots of wild flowers blooming besides her, her hands touching the tall grass besides her. Behind her is a bright blue sky, the sun shinning and some white clouds floating, but the way she is walking, she is walking into a storm, the clouds black and grey, a mild gold in the clouds representing lighting. Why is she walking into the storm, with no umbrella or anything just embracing the storm.
I can’t help but relate to this. Is this me? Am I avoiding the clear sky and walking into a storm? Am I going to regret this? I feel a tightening in my chest and I really just want to run out of here and never come back.
“You’re not heading into a storm” Gerard’s voice says behind me. I let out a sigh and let the tense feeling go to be taken over by the butterflies he gives me. I turn around and face him. His hazel eyes filled with worry. How did he know what I was thinking. I cross my arms and continue to be haunted by the picture. Gerard puts his hand in the middle of my back and takes me away from it.
I stay silent most of the car ride back to my house. Still thinking and contemplating what I had seen
I can’t help but think I am heading into a storm in which I will not be able to return. I hear Gerard let out a deep sigh and turn down the music blarring from his stereo.
“Quit thinking about it” he says pulling up to my house. I ignore his comment and let myself out of his car, and start to head up to my front door. He is right besides me, his hand in the middle of my back again. I look down at my watch and see it is already 5:30.
I pull out my keys from my purse and unlock my door walking inside Gerard right behind me. Pickels who is still laying at the foot of the stairs gets up and doesn’t run to me, but runs to Gerard. Gerard puts on a big smile and pet Pickels up and down getting slobbery kisses. I smile and the dark feeling inside of my vanishes.
“Ahh there’s a smile” Gerard says walking up to me. He puts his hands on my hips and looks me deep in the eyes.
“Gerard?” I ask.
“Yes” he whispers putting his head on mine.
“How do you know we aren’t heading into a storm? How do I know if I am making the right choice?” I question. Gerard again sighs and kisses the top of my head giving me chills.
“Those chills right there that you just got? That’s how you know you’re making the right choice.” He says seriously.
“But what about the storm I can’t help but think I am…..” I say looking away from him. Gerard grabs my chin and forces me to look at him.
“Then learn to dance in the rain” and with that he gives me a passionate kiss, making me forget about everything, I start to spin and I know….I am ready to dance in the rain…with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story