Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Another day, another story.

Chapter 8

by SadlyShortlyBefore 0 reviews

Everyday to you is just the same old boring school hours. Just when you thought it's going to stay this way forever, someone handsome, hot, and irresistibly sexy popped up and brought exhilaration ...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-08-18 - 2377 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Okay, I sincerely apologize, -bows-. I know this chapter took like 2 whole months? Yes, I'm sorry if you don't know. I've been procrastinating a little bit this time, no excuses. Okay maybe not a little :/ Please enjoy the chapter! Thank you / Pardon me for any mistakes.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Naruto Shippuden nor Kakashi TT_TT



My eyes snapped wide open after feeling his lips on mine. I didn't pull away, neither did I deepened it. I just stood there, under the raging storm that seem soundless due the sense of belonging I felt. It feels so right, so amazing. But it's wrong. I snapped out of my reverie and jolted back away from him. What am I doing?! I stared right into his eyes, hoping to peer through into soul, wanting to know his thoughts and wishing to understand his emotions. But all I could see is an empty, endless pit.

"Nakito – " Kakashi finally opened up to say something.No. I don't want to know! I don't want to hear! Stop! I stepped back again, and started running away. I don't know why I did, it just happened. And I didn't want to stop either. It seems like it was the right choice no matter how wrong it may look like. Just like that kiss.

There wasn't any footsteps coming behind me, he isn't going to stop me, he isn't. He shouldn't. It's wrong, everything is. I saw a cab coming and hailed for it. I don't know when I started crying, the moment I closed the door and looked out the window through my blurry sight was Kakashi's silhouette still under the rain. The drive to my house was rather quiet, excluding the sobs that broke out every chance it has. The driver's silence was appreciated as I never felt this broken in my life before. At least I don't think I did. I'm clueless about my past, my emotions and even my feelings for certain people. It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.

I paid up for my cab fare and stumbled out of the backseat. I got into my house, only to meet the unwanted loneliness. I need to buck up; this isn't the end of the world. I repeated in my head endlessly as I head for a shower which I hope could calm my nerves. I stood in the steamy bathroom after I am done with my shower long ago. I just didn't want to get out, face the depressing weather and situation. All I wanted was for time to rewind, take a pleasant walk in the park under the sunshine and witness the beauty of nature. The imagining of such beautiful images didn't help to sweep the agony away, not even a little bit. Tears started streaming down again before I could stop it. I held myself in my own arms as I continued to stand under the heated shower even though the warmth has long since seeped into the air.

I don't know how long passed, I've long forgotten when I got out of the shower and why am I even sitting in front of the television watching Spongebob. The cartoon that usually had my laughter, my smile and my silliness coming together had lost its 'powers'. The sound coming from the television just seems to bounce of the wall and disappear. I hate this feeling…

The despair that I can do nothing about…

It doesn't seem long before the front door was unlocked and my brother walked in.

"Oh Nakito! Home so early?" My brother greeted with a smile on his face despite the depressing weather.

"Mhmhmm." I simply nodded without casting him a glance and continue staring at the television.

Apparently my brother sensed that something is wrong and came towards me after setting his bag down.

"Nakito? Are you okay? You look so… distant… Did something hap – Eh?! Why are you crying?!" My brother shouted right next to my ear.

I reached up to my face and wipe the uncontrollable tears away, but they just came down nonstop. My sniffles turned into louder sobs when my brother pulled me into his arms and tried fruitlessly to pacify his bawling sister. My cries filled the house even louder until my chest ached and my throat was raw while I continued clutching him tightly, never wanting to let go. My wails didn't let up anytime soon. And who knows how long it actually took, my bawls eventually ceased to soft whimpers as exhaustion took over. Gosh, I wonder why I had acted that way…

"Nii-san… I'm sor –"

"Shh, don't apologize. Just remember, no matter what happens, I'll always be your support, your brother."

My brother's gentle voice soothed out so much of my troubles, freed me from some sort of restrain and sadness. When I finally loosen my hold on him, he immediately stood up. Huh, I guess I somehow had bothered him a bit too much. Without any notice, my brother suddenly lifted me up from the couch and into his arms.

"I'll take over his role of price charming for now, get some rest. And, shut up."

Ah, he knew. I let my eyes flutter close and leaned against my brother. At least for now, I will shut my mouth, my mind and hopefully my heart too. My brother started humming softly as he saw me closing my eyes as I sniffed back my last tear. Normally I would have die of embarrassment being carried by my brother. But somehow, it doesn't seem like such an embarrassing thing now.

Even though he may not have the best voice or superb talent in humming, but it managed to calm me down and draw me into a peaceful slumber like how a lullaby would to a baby. And before I know it, I fell asleep with a comforting whisper of 'sweet dreams'.

- - - - -

"Hahah! Kazuto! I'm so excited ~ It has been so long since I've went to a party! I can't wait!"

"Yeah, I know. It's hard getting you out from your brother. Adding on, with my brother's constant reminder of being safe is kind of getting me irritated already!"

"That's cause he is worried 'bout you! Never mind that, hurry up to the car, I'm done already!"

"Yes madam!"

I rushed Kazuto out of my house as I hopped around trying to get my feet to fit into my shoes. Grabbing my bag, I also ran out of my house and straight into Kazuto's car.

"Now, now my princess, chill out. It's not like you haven't been to a party before!"

"Can't blame me, who the in the world wouldn't be excited for a party! Additional bonus, most my friends are going too!"

Kazuto gave me an ignorant shrug and started up his car. The truth is, I find myself to be such a fake; I don't even feel that excited at all. I do like parties, I do like my friends, but he isn't coming along with us today... He shouldn't really matter that much, but he is just constantly stuck in my mind. Who cares, I'll just have fun and he would automatically be out of my mind. And with that, I set my mood right for the party.

"Nakito, we're almost there, ready?" Kazuto asked with excitement and gave that particularly cheerful grin that made me fall in love with him. I nodded my head and gave him my best smile while trying to push that certain someone out of my thoughts. In the first place, why would I like him? He is so different from Kazuto… Kazuto is reckless, rowdy, idealistic, cute and all. But he, on the other hand, is well somewhat meticulous, gentle I guess, practical, and maybe I don't know. Gahhh, I don't want to think! And as if someone heard me, Kazuto cheered, breaking me from my thoughts.

"And we're here!" Kazuto jumped out of the car, followed by me. Here we go! I lifted my lips into a smile in walked into the party house right beside Kazuto. The music is booming around the whole house and drunkards can be seen. Heh, this party seems wild. Friends came and greeted us with drinks, but due to my age and being the good girl I am, I refused the drink and went straight to the dance floor. Kazuto and I got separated in the sea of people, oh well. Music surge through my body and almost instinctively, I move and dance along with the music.

Quite some amount of songs went by and I tire myself out. Pushing my way through the dancing mass, I head to the kitchen for a breather. Getting myself a cold cup of water, I gulped it down and decide on what to do. Probably I should go look for Kazuto. I refilled my cup and was about to walk around when a group of my friends spotted me and started up a chat. The chat itself didn't take up much time and soon I was free to explore this wild mess. Walking around the house, I decided to go out to the veranda halfway due to the hot temperature.

"Mmm…"

Eh? What was that? I turned to my left and my cup went from my hand, to the floor, crashed. I'm pretty sure my heart too. I probably didn't have any rights to be a bitch about it, to get angry over it or even cry about. But I still did. My eyes welled up instantly and my leg sprung into movement. I can still hear the booming music behind me along with the shouts of my name and murmurs from everyone.

"Nakito! Wait!"

He's not drunk. He is absolutely aware of what he is doing! He… Gosh, he..! Someone suddenly grabbed hold of my arm and spun me around. I was shaking with anger and betrayal.

"We're over."

I muttered out, glaring straight into his eyes with my blurred up vision. Whack! I stumbled to my sides and nearly fall to the ground if not for the street light for me to hold on to as a burning sensation hit my cheek. He actually… My legs gave out from the sprinting I've done. Instead of falling, Kazuto gripped my forearm tightly and pull me along with him. I didn't even have the energy or the will to counteract against his actions. I merely stumbled and nearly fall ever so frequently due to his fast strides.

After a while, I spotted Kazuto's car in sight. Abruptly, I was shoved into his car's passenger seat roughly. He got into his seat within seconds and he started up the car. Through the windows, crowds from the party can still be seen casting us a curious gaze. The car was zooming past buildings and other vehicles so quickly that is almost look surreal. I mustered up my voice again and spoke up.

"We're over. Stop the car." My voice came out firmly as I wanted but I'm not even sure if I can do that again.

"You're not one to command me!" He took his eyes off the street and glared towards me. "You are not to break up with me! I have every right to deny this break up! You're my girlfriend, and only mine! It's not like I cheated on you, I merely kissed a girl. What else?!"

My dissipated anger swell once again as I took in whatever he has said. Merely kissed a girl?! What bullshit is this?!

"I don't see why I can't break up with you. I may not have every right in the world, but I surely got a reason to do so! How is having a woman up on your waist, your hands up her ass and making out while you have a goddamn girlfriend not called cheating?! Bullshit!"

Even I am shock at what came out of my mouth, but I certainly didn't feel any trace of regrets, only any stinging pain on my cheek. Kazuto's hands left the steering wheel with his eyes. And boom we went.

The car swerves right and left. A truck that was coming towards us skidded to a stop and collided into us. I'm not even sure what happened, I can feel blood pooling from my body but I can't feel any pain. All I felt was the regrets that I should have felt just now and the tearing of my throat as I screamed, because right opposite of me is Kazuto's face dyed red; blood red.

- - - - - -

I jolted up from my bed screaming and cold sweat dripped down my forehead. What the heck was that…? I held my head in my hands as headaches invaded it along with dizziness. Memories with Kazuto flooded my mind. The happy ones, the romantic ones, unpleasant ones… I don't know if it's a good thing or not, my memories with Kakashi never once appeared. It's like my brain wanted me to only think about Kazuto, feel guilty about Kazuto and every other thing else related to Kazuto.

And then it clicked. He, who is meticulous, gentle, sweet and loving in his own way. He is Kakashi. Everything suddenly all made sense, why he is guilty to his brother, why I have this special sense of security around him, more importantly, why he did that.

I took hold of my phone and press his number on the keypad hesitantly. Do I really want to know? My thumb neared the call button, however, another memory present itself in my mind. The memory when Kazuto asked me out. I removed my thumb from it's placement and went for the lock button, but instead...

Ring! My phone rang out loud in my hands.



Author's Note: Okaaay. I bet most, or all of you knew that her past-self had a crush on Kakashi right? XD This chapter is kinda tough, but fun to write I guess. Drama, drama and drama, boring isn't it :/ For my readers, happy or bad, decide yourself, this story is coming to end in 1 or 2 more chapters. So yea. Look forward to it? Thank you! Hoped you enjoy? :D
Sign up to rate and review this story