Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Cramps & Sex

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

Chapter 7 - Cramps & Sex

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2013-08-20 - 3431 words

1Original
It’s been near a month, and I knew this day was coming sooner or later. I just got my period this morning. My cramps are so painful I can barely walk across the hallway to the bathroom to change my tampon.

I lay in bed as Elio, my mom and my dad are getting ready for the day. My mom makes me some Campbell’s chicken noodle soup while I cry into my pillow from the unbearable pain going on in my uterus.

Elio comes to kiss my forehead before he leaves. He tells me to sleep and get better. He leaves some chocolate, a glass of water, and a bottle of aspirin on my nightstand. I love him. Always taking care of me. I just nod and he leaves with a grave face. As if I were on my death bed. I believe I’m on my way though.

More waves of cramps wash over me as my mom brings me some soup and my dad leaves for work. She tells me to eat before I take the pills, and then she leaves. I am alone, in my bed, while I’m bleeding. I just struggle to sit up. My eyes blurry from all my tears. I reach for the soup and eat it slowly. I switch on the TV and watch Spongebob for a little while.

I finish the soup and then take three aspirins. I switch through the channels and hear “Shiver, shiver” by Walk the Moon. Hayden’s ringtone. I just ignore it. I don’t feel like talking. And why is he even calling this early? I just wait till it stops ringing before I lay myself back down and drift to sleep.


I wake up to my dad checking up on me during his lunch break. “Wanna go get some Carl’s Jr.?” He asks. I nod and get up. My cramps somewhat less painful than this morning. I put on some loose fitting clothes and follow my dad outside. George, a friend of his we sometimes watch big boxing matches with, is waiting in his Cadillac for us. I smile at him and get in the back.

“Hey there, kiddo.” George greets me.

“Hey, George.”

“Why are you skipping school?” He eyes me in the rearview mirror.

“It’s shark week.” My dad answers for me. I just blush a little.

“Ooo, that’s gotta suck.” I just nod. “Well, look on the bright side. It’ll end in a couple of days.” George smiles at me through the mirror and we head to get some lunch.


I eat a big burger combo with a strawberry shake. Lunch was on George, so we all ate well. He takes us home and I thank him. He just smiles at me and drives away. My dad heads back to work and I head back to bed. As I do so my phone rings again. Hayden. Again. I ignore it. Again.

My cramps have come back and I’m back in my bed. I cry a little, then drift to sleep.


I wake up to Elio’s hand on my forehead, checking for a fever. Which is possible for me. The first three days of my period are brutal. Cramps, bloating, headaches, and fevers. “You don’t have a fever.” He smiles.

“Thanks.” I smile, and yawn.

“You know, Hayden’s been going crazy.” Elio states.

“It hasn’t even been one whole day. What could he possibly be going mad about?” I sit up. I feel like puking.

“You haven’t been answering texts or calls.” Elio grabs my phone from my desk. “Eight messages and thirteen missed calls. All from Hayden. Well, one from Adelia. But she knows what’s going on. She was just asking if you needed anything.” Elio scrolls through my phone. I grumble and lay back down.

“Did Hayden ask you about me or something?” I ask.

“Yeah. Asking where you were, if you were sick. If you needed anything. He’s crazy about you. But he’s going crazy with you not maintaining constant contact.” Elio smiles at me like he knows it all.

“I was planning on going to school tomorrow. Unless I get more cramps. But I feel better than this morning.” I shrug.

“Well, I think you should at least text him or something. He just wants to hear that you’re okay. Put him out of his misery, Cielo.” Elio hands me my phone and exits my room. I sigh and scroll down to read all of Hayden’s messages.

Where r u?

R u ok?

call me

I miss u, baby

babe, where r u?

Elio says ur sick. Do u need anything?

call me plz!

:(

I sigh and feel so bad when I read through the messages. I call Hayden instantly. “Oh my God, Sky! You’re alive!” Hayden answers immediately.

“Of course I’m alive, Hayden.” I mumble.

“Where have you been? I was so worried something happened or something. And all your brother said was that you were sick.” Hayden sounds exasperated.

“I’ve been at home. And I’m fine.” I keep my explanation brief because the truth is just too embarrassing. I hear Hayden sigh in relief.

“Well?” He asks expectantly.

“Well, what?”

“What’s the diagnosis? Simple cold, flu, fever? What?” Hayden asks.

“More like my menstrual cycle.” I mumble.

“Is that it?” Hayden asks in disbelief.

“Uh, yeah. Killer cramps.” I explain softly.

“Is that it? Your uterus hurts and you can’t pick up your phone to tell me?” Hayden’s offended. Ugh! I hate boys! So ignorant of female problems. They have no fucking idea what we go through.

“And this is exactly why I didn’t wanna tell you! You think it feels like someone just punched you in the gut! I could barely walk this morning! I know it seems like I’m making it up, but when one can barely sit up to walk to the bathroom to change their tampon, it’s a big freakin’ deal!” I spit angrily and hang up. Ugh!


Hayden calls over and over again. But he just doesn’t understand! I ignore him until I’m tired enough to get some sleep. I turn everything off and try to sleep, but my cramps are keeping me awake. I grab at my sheets and bite my pillow as I cry at the excruciating pain I feel all over my lower body.

I’m curled in the fetal position, riding out another wave of cramps when I hear a tap on my window. What the fuck? I wipe my tears away hastily as I slowly, cautiously, slide down a blind to see what fucking creeper would knock on my window. But I see Hayden. What the hell?

I open my window and he climbs through. “What the hell are you doing here?” I ask.

“Well, you weren’t answering any of my calls. So I felt that I had to come over.” He explains as he silently closes my window.

“And you couldn’t have come over earlier? You know, when people are awake.” I argue. He makes no sense sometimes.

“No. Because if I came over earlier, I’m sure your dad wouldn’t let me do this.” He says and then kisses me. I feel his apology. “Sky, I’m sorry. You’re right. I don’t know anything. I’m not a girl. Thank, God.” He chuckles. “But that doesn’t give me the right to comment on anything female related.” I see his frown in the dark. “So, again, I’m sorry.” Hayden leans his forehead against mine. “Do you forgive me?” He whispers. I can’t stay mad at him even if I wanted to.

“Of course I do.” I whisper, and kiss his cold lips. Just then my cramps return. I wince and lay back down.

“What’s wrong?” Hayden panics.

“Cramps.” I say through gritted teeth.

“I’m not quite sure what the cure is for cramps. But I’m willing to stay if you want.” I just nod as I turn over and Hayden lays behind me. I grip my sheets and cry. Hayden just wraps his arms around me and scoots his body close to mine. But he’s cold. Which makes my cramps worse. But I know his intentions are good so I just let him warm up against me.

Silently we lay, spooning. I am crying softly. Hayden nips at my shoulders and neck. Just to comfort me. And it does. His soothing breath on my ear lulls me to sleep fast. My cramps forgotten.


“Babe.” I hear Hayden whisper as he shakes me awake gently. I look up at him. “I need to go. I don’t want to get on your dad’s bad side. I’m barely on his good side as it is.” Hayden smiles. I just nod. He kisses my forehead before he escapes out my window. “I’ll come visit you later. Just to check up. Call or text if you need anything.” I just nod and go back to sleep as he leaves.


I don’t go back to school today. More killer cramps and I’m so bloated I feel my sweats got tighter. I get up and do my business in the bathroom. Everyone’s gone, but I hear a knock at the door. I hobble over to the door and answer it. And there’s Hayden and Adelia on my porch.

“What the hell?” I mumble.

“We came to take care of you.” Adelia smiles.

“Yeah.” Hayden beams. I sigh and let them in. “More cramps?” Hayden asks as I close the door. I just nod and go sit on the couch. “Well, I brought you some Midol, chocolate, and cookies.” Hayden holds out a bag that I didn’t see when he came in. I grin at him.

“Thank you for understanding.” I pull him to sit beside me and kiss him. To think of it, this is the first time he’s seen me without make-up. Shit! But he still kisses me back, so I don’t think too much of that fact.

“You’re welcome.” He smiles and Adelia turns on the TV. Together we watch Teen Wolf. Hayden and I snuggle up together. We share some chocolate and cookies. I make some Abuelita’s hot chocolate and we all sip.


Adelia goes home after a while. She says bye and leaves. Leaving Hayden and I together, alone. On the couch. “You know, you really shouldn’t be skipping school. I wanna graduate with you.”

“I had Lauren call me in sick. She does a great imitation of Ma’s voice.” Hayden smiles.

“Lauren?” I ask. I don’t know any of this girl friends.

“Yeah. Austin’s girlfriend.” Oh. Hayden just drapes his arm over me. “Don’t worry. She’s definitely not my type.”

“Then, what is your type exactly?” I scoot out of his grasp and smirk.

“Well, I like my girl smart, cute, funny. They gotta have a nice smile and good bod. Pretty hair.” He tucks a strand behind my ear. His fingers tracing my ear and tugging at my lobe. I bite my lip. My skin tingling.

“And she’s none of those things?” I breathe.

“She’s cute. But she has no brains. Very ditzy. And has no sense of humor. And her hair’s too damaged for me. Unlike yours.” Hayden tugs at my loose hair.

“Are you trying to seduce me?” I whisper.

“That depends. Is it working?” Hayden smiles. I just bite my lip and nod slowly. Looking into his eyes I see something so exquisitely hot. Lust? I don’t know. But I love it. Wait, love? Do I love him? No. I can’t. It’s too early. But deep down I know that I do. “What is it, Sky?” Hayden’s soft, concerned voice interrupts my thoughts.

I blink. “Nothing.” I lie. He doesn’t buy it, but doesn’t push it further. I just sigh and feel the need to have his lips on mine. To push my thoughts to the backburner.

I attack him and he doesn’t question it. We make out intensely before the front door opens and closes. We jump apart at the noise and I see my mom watching us. I blush. Phew! Thank God it wasn’t my dad! I wipe my mouth as she narrows her eyes at me. “Um, sorry, ma’am.” Hayden stands.

“Uh, Mom, this is Hayden. Hayden, this is my mom…Carolina.” I mumble. They shake hands and I know that I’m in trouble.

“Hi, Hayden. Is this what you guys been doing?” She refers to my missed days of school.

“No, Mom! It was just today. He brought me some stuff for my cramps.” I defend him immediately. My mom’s surprised by this as she regards me with wide eyes at my immediate argument.

“Well, that was nice of you Hayden. But I think I can take it from here.” And that’s his cue. I sigh and follow him to the door.

“I’ll call you.” I open the door for him. He kisses me good-bye and I blush. In front of my mom. Shows he’s not afraid. I close the door and turn to my mom.

“You’re really serious about him.” She states.

“Yeah.” I bite my lip.

“Well, don’t let that happen again. If your dad finds out we’re both dead.” She warns me. No grounding or hitting? Yes! I grin and we talk all about him while we prepare dinner.

Elio walks through the door right behind my dad. They both grab a beer and go to watch the soccer game. “Ya ‘sta la cena!” My mom calls as she starts to serve plates of chicken and rice. I get out a cup for some Sprite. I’m putting the soda back when Elio pushes the door and it slams against me. Hitting my elbow hard.

“Ay! Pendejo!” I stand and punch him in the arm.

“Ya!” My dad yells in annoyance at us. “Todo el tiempo peliando!” I roll my eyes and Elio grins. I glare at him and grab myself a served plate.

I go to the living room, where we all eat and watch the game. Mexico versus El Salvador. Deadly rivals. Mexico: 1, El Salvador: 0. Elio, my dad, and I root and cheer and complain together. My mom reads her book in her rocking chair, ignoring us. Eventually, Mexico wins and Elio’s stuck doing the dishes.

I just go to my room and pick up my phone. I see a missed call. From Trevor. What the fuck? I just ignore it and call Hayden. He picks up after the second ring. “Hey, baby girl.” His greeting makes me giggle.

“Hey, handsome.” I lay on my stomach on my bed.

“So, tomorrow’s Friday.” Hayden starts.

“Mmhmm.” I nod.
“I was wondering if you wanted to go to another party. This time with me.” He says.

“Okay. But I have to bring my idiot brother or else I can’t go.” Just then Elio bursts into my room. He sees me on the phone.

“Is that your novio?” He points to my phone.

“Leave me alone!” I hurl a pillow at him.

“Andale! Dale un besito!” Elio starts to make kissing noises.

“Shut up!” I throw my remote at him, but he dodges it and it hits my wall. Making a loud thud and shattering.

“Ma! Cielo’s throwing shit at me!” Elio tattle tells.

“Cielo!” I hear my mom’s voice waning me.

“He started it!” I yell back at her. I’m assuming she’s in her bedroom. He starts to hump the air and I growl. “Cochino! Get out!” I push him, the phone still to my ear. “Get out!” I punch him and force him out of my room. Once out in the hall I slam my door in his face and lock it. I sigh in relief.

“Sounds kinda rough over there.” Hayden laughs.

“It was just Elio…being a retard!” I yell so he can hear me. He just yells something back that I don’t hear too well. Hayden laughs more. “So, where is this party?” I ask.


Friday night. I’m getting all dressed up in some ripped skinnies, a Breaking Benjamin hoodie, and my leather jacket. Red, high top Converse on my feet. My hair wavy and my make-up on point. I’m feeling good. Even though I’m still on my period. I just pack some tampons, Midol, chocolate, my pocket knife, wallet, and cell in my Jack Skellington satchel.

The doorbell rings and I race to answer it. Hayden’s dressed in some faded straight legs, a long-sleeve, button up flannel, and a trucker mesh hat. Backwards. He smells of Axe and oil. And Hayden. I inhale as he hugs me tightly. I let him in. “Daddy,” I lead Hayden to the living room, where my dad’s on the couch watching his novelas. He looks over at me, then Hayden. Sizing him up. “This is Hayden.” I press my lips together in anticipation to what my dad will do.

“Hi, Sir.” Hayden extends his hand for my dad to shake once he gets up off the couch.

“Hey, how you doing?” My dad shakes his hand. “I hear you’re taking my daughter out tonight.” He states. I hold my breath.

“Yes, Sir.” Hayden’s quite taller than my dad. And he doesn’t look the bit nervous. I smile at his brave face.

“And where are you guys headed?” My dad asks.

“There’s a small party downtown. I was hoping you’d grant us permission to go. I promise to have her back by eleven, and in one piece.” Hayden cracks a small joke that he says with a smirk. But my dad’s not laughing.

“You know she has to take Elio too, right?”

“Yeah. Elio’s becoming a good friend.” Hayden smiles. I watch my dad assess Hayden again.

“Well, then. I guess you guys better be going then.” My dad says and I grin. Yay! Permission!

“Thank you, Sir. It was nice finally meeting you.” Hayden and my dad shake hands again.

“You too, Jayden.” My dad switches his name to be mean.

“Dad!” I scold him. “It’s Hayden.” I correct.

“Oh. Hayden.” My dad smiles to himself as he sits back down on the couch. I roll my eyes and tell Elio to hurry up. We all head out the door. “Be careful!” My dad yells. I turn to look at him and smirk at his earlier joke. He grins and winks at me. I just shake my head and close the door.

We head to the car and Hayden navigates me back to downtown Vancouver and to a fancy house with music rattling the windows. We park a little far from the house and walk. Once he get inside there’s the stench of liquor and pot in the air. I cough a little and grab Hayden’s hand. He gives mine a little reassuring squeeze as he leads us through the crowded hall and into the spacious living room. The keg being pumped. “Want a drink?” He asks. I nod and he tells the guy. We get two red cups full of whatever’s in the keg and we find an empty coffee table to sit on. Elio’s disappeared, but at least I’ve got Hayden with me. I don’t know anyone here.

I take a sip of my beer and immediately know its Budweiser. I choke it down and put down my cup. I hate bitter beer. Hayden drinks is slowly. Just then, Austin comes up to us. With, I’m assuming, Lauren under his arm. Him and Hayden chat while I smile at Lauren. “I’m Lauren.” She extends her hand.

“I’m Sky.” I give her my nickname because white people can never comprehend my real name. She nods and her hand shake is weak. But she seems nice enough.

“Will you come with me to the bathroom?” She invites me. And it’s, like, Girl Code for us females to use the buddy system when we go to the bathroom.

“Sure.” I rise and tell Hayden I’ll be right back. He nods and keeps talking to Austin.
Sign up to rate and review this story