Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Smarticle

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

Chapter 10 - Smarticle

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-09-06 - 2277 words

1Original
In the morning, Elio comes to get me from Adelia’s. We stayed up pretty early, but got some sleep before I had to leave. I take my hot Cheetohs and my bag and get in the car. Adelia just waves me goodbye and we’re off. “I’m gonna stop at Starbucks, dude. I need coffee.” Elio mumbles. He looks tired.

“Okay.” I nod and turn on the music.


We get to Starbucks and head back home. Elio trying not to fall asleep on the way back. We get home and he is slow to get inside. I just make sure he gets in okay and let him fall on his bed. He falls asleep instantly and I just close his door. If my dad knows he’s asleep, he’ll be in some shit. My dad works him too hard. So, I just do all the chores. Mine and his. He covered for me last time.

I am done with everything and decide to make some beans and eggs. I serve Elio a plate and go wake him up. “Get up, bro.” I shake him.

“Fine.” He mumbles into his pillow and gets up.

“I made you some lunch. It’s in the kitchen.” I tell him and leave. I go the living room to watch The Big Bang Theory. Elio just comes to join me and we laugh together at the smarticle jokes.

Just then, my dad comes in and eats what’s left over from what I made. He makes me change the channel to the soccer game and we all watch and cheer as Central America scores. My dad goes back to work at half-time and Elio and I are alone again. “Hey, thanks for covering for me.” Elio smiles.

“You covered for me last time.” I get up and punch him in the arm as I head to my room. “I gotta call my lover anyway.” I giggle and close my door, but not before I hear Elio yell, “Tell him I said hi!” I just roll my eyes and smile.

I am just about to pick up my phone when it rings. Walk the Moon setting my heart on fire. I pick up immediately. “Hello.” I grin. “I was just about to call you.”

“Great minds think alike.” I hear his voice soothe me. I lay down on my bed and twirl my hair.

“Well then, what do you think I want to do this weekend?” I giggle and bite my lip.

“I was calling you for that same reason.” Hayden says softly. “How does Saturday sound?”

“Well, that depends.” I make him work for my time.

“On what?” I hear Hayden grin.

“On what we’re doing.” I smile and wait for him to tell me.

“Well, I always wanted to go to a drive-in.” Hayden starts. “I know it’s a long way, but I think we could have a fun road trip.” He says with so much hope in his voice. I can’t say no to him.

“Okay.” I cave. I just hear him sigh in relief, which makes me giggle.

“Then it’s settled.” He beams. “Saturday, I’ll borrow Austin’s car and pick you up around seven.”

“In the morning!?” I panic. That’s not enough time to even get showered.

“No!” Hayden puts a stop to my panic. I sigh in relief, then giggle at my blond moment.

“Sorry.” I smile.

“I forgive you, honey comb.” I furrow my brows.

“Honey comb? I’m not a sweet cereal.” I smile.

“But you are sweet like honey.” I just melt.

“Ugh! I wish you were here right now. I need a good man cuddle after a night with girls.” I whine.

“I’ll be right there.” And with that he hangs up and I rush around to get my room clean. I shove everything in my closet and spray some Frebreze. I’m brushing the knots out of my hair when the doorbell rings. I scramble under my covers and I hear footsteps coming to my door. Elio let him in.

I hear a soft knock on my door. “Come in.” I call. Just then, Hayden pokes his head in. I smile. He grins and comes in. Closing the door softly behind him.

“You rang?” He chimes. I giggle.

“Come cuddle me.” I invite him to my bed.

“With pleasure, cuddles.” He removes his sweater and shoes. Slowly, he climbs in behind me and gets under the thick covers.

“You’re so cold.” I shiver as he pulls away. “No!” I turn around and scoot my body to his. “Let’s warm up together.” I press my hands to his chest and he thaws. He drapes his arm over me as I nuzzle his chest. “You smell good.” I inhale. He just chuckles.

“So do you.” I feel him nuzzle his nose into my hair and take a deep breathe. I smile.

“This reminds me of a song.” I close my eyes and start to sing “Sweater Weather” by The Neighborhood. He just listens as I sing it all.

“That’s a song I’ll need to download.” He smiles. I just giggle and drift to an unexpected, but welcome, sleep.


“Sky.” I feel a whispered, hot breath on my ear. I groan. “Sky, get up.” Somebody shakes me.

“Shh!” I furrow my brows.

“Sky. I need to leave. It’s late. I’ll call you.” A feel lips on my forehead and the warmth leaving from beside me. I just wrap my arms around myself and fall back to sleep.


I wake with a jolt. It’s dark, and I’m alone. Hayden’s gone. I remember he tried to wake me, but I just went back to sleep. I just rub my eyes and get out of bed. But not before noticing the time. Nine pm. What?

I go out to the living room and no one’s out there. I go to Elio’s room, and he’s on his laptop. “Where is everyone?” I ask.

“Asleep. We’ve got school tomorrow and our parents have work.” He explains while he types away.

“Oh.” I go to sit on his bed. “Why didn’t anybody wake me up?”

“Hayden tried to. But you just shooed him away.” Elio sighs. “He had to go before Dad got home.” His eyes glued to the computer screen.

“Why aren’t you asleep?” I question him.

“I’m finishing up my paper.” He says before his fingers start to type again.

“Well, then.” I get up. “What did you guys have for dinner?” I suddenly feel hungry.

“BK.” Elio sighs again. I nod.

“Good luck with that paper, slacker.” I snort and leave to go get some left over BK. I heat it up and take my plate to my room.

I set up on my bed and turn on my TV. I flip through the channels till I find The House Bunny. I dig in and then hear my phone vibrate on my desk. I grab it. It’s Trevor.

Hey, baby :) Baby?

I’m not ur baby -___-

but ur Hayden’s right? I just roll my eyes and throw my phone on the floor. Then it rings. It’s Trevor!

I just ignore it and finish my food. My phone rings two more times. I ignore it. Then I hear Walk the Moon. I grab it and answer. “Hey.”

“Sky, what’s wrong?” I hear the concern in his voice.

“It’s nothing.” I lie.

“I know you’re lying to me, Sky.” Hayden says in offense. Oh no. “Just tell me, babe.”

I sigh. “Trevor keeps texting and calling me.”

“That son of a bitch.” Hayden says through gritted teeth. “Did you answer? What did he say?”

“He just called me baby. I’ve been ignoring his calls.” I sit on my bed. Picking at my sheets.

“If you want me to come over, I can. Or if you wanna come over here.” I just giggle weakly.

“It’s not like he’s gonna come after me or something. I can take care of myself.” He’s overreacting.

“You never know, Sky. I don’t want some creep harassing my girlfriend, and having her stay by herself.” I can tell he’s really fired up right now.

“I’m not alone, Hayden! Elio’s here. And so are my parents.” I explain.

“Please, Sky. Come over. Or I’ll come to you.”

“You’re overreacting. I’ll just have Elio come and sleep in here, okay? Is that okay?” I want to make him feel like I’m safe.

“Fine.” I hear him sigh. I smile. “But make sure he’s in there! Actually, I’ll do it.” What? He just hangs up. Then I hear Elio talking. I march to his room and he looks at me while I enter.

“Okay, bro.” Elio hangs up and sighs. “C’mon, let’s go to bed.” Elio follows me back to my room. “I get the bean bag chair.” Elio sits down on it and gets comfortable with his blue fuzzy throw.

“I don’t care. I just think this is ridiculous.” I get into bed.

“I don’t think so. I met that Trevor guy. He’s sketchy. And he likes you. Not a good combo.” I just lay down. “I can tell he’s one of those if-I-can’t-have-her-no-one-can kinda guys.”

“Fine, whatever. Just shut up and let me sleep.” I close my eyes.


I wake to my alarm. I get up and shower. Kicking Elio out so I can get dressed and he can get ready. I’m pulling my shirt over my head when my phone rings. “When you are close to me I shiver!” I hear. I smile. “Good morning.” I greet Hayden sweetly.

“Good morning, beautiful.” His comment makes me swoon. I’m beautiful?

“Why are you calling me so early?” I ask and smash the phone between my shoulder and face to get my Nike’s on.

“Just checking up.” He says.

“Why? Elio was with me the entire night. With his snoring and farting.” I giggle. He just chuckles.

“Well, at least he kept his word.” Hayden says.

“Well, as much as I’d love to hear your serene voice all day, I have to get to school.” I smile as I get my jacket on while juggling my phone.

“Mmm, okay.” He pouts. I just smile more.

“I’ll see you later.”

“Later.” I grin as I hang up. What a nice wake up call.


At school, only Adelia meets me at my locker. But I don’t question why she’s alone. Taylor’s been on our nerves. “Hello, slut.” I greet her first.

“You seem happier today.” Adelia leans against the other lockers. “Spill those frijoles, sister.” She pokes me. I giggle.

“A nice wakeup call from Hayden.” I smile as I get out my Lit book.

“Is that all?” Adelia gapes at me.

“You’ll understand what I’m talking about when Elio starts doing that.” I close my locker.

“And how do you know he likes me!?” She starts to argue.

“I don’t know.” I shrug and we head over so Adelia can get some breakfast. I wait for her and then we sit down at an empty table.

I feel someone’s eyes on me and I look around discretely. I catch Taylor’s glare. She’s sitting with Paco and his crew. She’s right there beside him. I return her glare and she finally looks away. She whispers something to Paco and he looks over at me. I wave. He grins and waves back. Suddenly, he gets up and comes over to the table. He claims a seat and sets up right next to me. “Hey,” He flashes me a full grin.

“Hi.” I keep it short.

“How are you coming along in machining?” He asks.

“Fine. Almost done with your parts.” I nod. “What’s with Taylor over there?” I nod towards her. He looks back and sees that she’s watching us.

“I don’t know. She’s cool.” He shrugs and turns back to me.

“You know she likes you, right?” I quirk an eyebrow.

“She does?” He looks at me as if he doesn’t know.

“Yeah.” I nod. “Please don’t tell me you didn’t notice.”

“No, I did. And people have been telling me, but I guess you just confirmed it. Since you were her friend n’ all.” He nods. “And, anyway, she’s not my type.”

“And what is your type, Paco?”

“A chill girl who loves cars. A woman with nice curves and a good attitude.” He smiles. “Someone like you.” His comment makes me freeze. What? Suddenly, I get a boyfriend and every guy likes me? Without Hayden I didn’t even turn a single head. Now I got Trevor and Paco after me?

“Uh, I’ve got a man already.” I shut him down nicely.

“Oh, I know.”

“Then, why are you telling me this?”

“Just ‘cause.” He shrugs.

“Well, I need to get to class.” I say as the bell rings.

“I’ll walk you.” He offers as we all stand.

“No. I can find my way there. I have been for half the year now.” I quip. He just grins.

“Okay then.” He puts his hands up in defense and leaves.

“Oh my God!” Adelia whispers harshly.

“I know.” I turn to her with wide eyes.

“I’ll text you.” We nod and part ways. What the hell just happened?
Sign up to rate and review this story