- IT'S OVER!!!! IT'S ALL OVER!!!!
I hate to see a good story end, but that is the way of stories. A delightful read.
Author's responseHello KenF.
Alas, all things must come to an end, and so this story also.
I am tryly delighted you enjoyed it, and you are quite welcome.
- I enjoyed it tremendously. A pleasant ending with just the hint of aftertaste as to how life works out for Harry, Hermione, and the rest. Did he perhaps go off on an interstellar junket for a honeymoon? Or terraform a small ecosphere on Mars to use as a vacation home? Maybe populate it with Snorkacks?
Anyways, thanks for writing such a pleasant story for us to read.
Author's responseHeya BJH.
I’m glad you enjoyed. It was a pleasure to write…most of the time.
~ A pleasant ending with just the hint of aftertaste as to how life works out for Harry, Hermione, and the rest.~
It sounds like an after-dinner wine.
Honmeymoon: There are some very very good idears. “Plot bunny, attack!” (Throws Plotbunny at BJH.)
Until next time. (or when I see chapter 16 of ‘Like Some old Song…’)
- Sighs happily! I totally enjoyed seeing Dumbles and Voldy meet their well deserved and well earned fates! I could see them in Dante's Inferno trapped side by side in the ice lake since they've both gone in for constant betrayal and treachery. Honestly, why either of them thought that Harry would cut a deal with them after what they'd done just shows how idiotic they were. Then again, maybe they just believed they'd gotten away with it for so long that no one would ever figure it out. I'm glad both Dumbles and Voldy's plans were ruined! It would be nice to fly in Harry's ship. His little plot should work, though I do wish that Luna and Neville might get the chance to fly in her someday..... As always, I've enjoyed your story immensely, and thank you for sharing it! I hope that you're recovering quickly from your fall! Take care now! :)
Author's responseHeya Teresa!
As all things thus endith the story.
Well deserved: Actually, ‘The Boy Who Died Alone’ and it’s follow-ups by , Duenelos describes a perfect punishment for Albie too damn many names Dumbledore. While not a Christian, it is a thought provoking story.
Cutting a deal: Both Dumbeldore and Voldemort are of a kind. The real difference between them is that Voldemort speaks directly. He doesn’t use half-truths, lies and withheld information. When he says something he does it. I have to respect him for that. On the other hand, both believe they are infallible. Ruining their plans was a great pleasure.
~It would be nice to fly in Harry's ship.~
~His little plot should work, though I do wish that Luna and Neville might get the chance to fly in her someday.....~
“I can see Luna meeting Harry and asking diretly “How does the matter/antimatter containment field work? Did you enslave heliopaths?"
~As always, I've enjoyed your story immensely, and thank you for sharing it! I hope that you're recovering quickly from your fall! Take care now! :) ~
I thank you for your kudos. It was (mostly) a pleasure to write.
As for recovery, I’m out of the full cast and have a few more weeks in the smaller one. My ribs are untaped. They still hurt when I roll over at night, but nothing I can’t deal with.
Thanks for the huggles.
(#) ashpatriot 2013-09-21Very well done. Of all the fanfiction I've read over the years this is easily one of the best I've ever read. I would easily place it in the Top 10. Hope to read any new stories you come out with.
Author's responseHello ashpatriot.
Wow! That’s some praise! I’m flattered.
I have several favorite authors myself and every time I go online I look to find if they have new stories out. If they do, I grab them and read.
- WOAH!! Just, WOAH!! Great ending. Oh, and I REALLY enjoyed the scene of Dumble's death, but did you have to kill Fawkes?! He was an innocent victim of the M.O.B(manipulative old bastard)......
Author's responseHeya NobleK
I’m glad you like the ending. It falls in well with my penchant for giving the MOB an ignoble death. Don’t worry about Fawkes, though. Phoenixes are immortal. He’ll just spend a few decades or a century on holiday, and when he gets bored, venture back into the mortal world.
- good history but the final in my opinion was a litle weak maybe some of final confrontiontion of the tree or something like that will be better but is your history not mine
Author's responseHeya Master82.
The tree? I wrote it this way on purpose. I’m assuming you refer to the confrontation between Harry and Dumbledore, in which case, it came out exactly as I wanted it. Dumbledore died a useless death, even while trying for immortality. All told, the same thing happened wth Voldy.
- I would have liked to see an extended epilogue showing Harry and Hermione leading the world into a new golden age among the stars. Maybe in another story :)
Author's responseHeya TimeMage.
Maybe. I hadn’t really intended it to have a sequal, and as I have several nearly completed stories in the works, it’ll be some time before I could get to it.
- Really enjoyed the story, But to be honest I have enjoyed all your stories I have ever read. And yes some more that twice. I do have to ask though do you post any where else? I only ask because some times my computer hates ficwad for long periods of time.
Author's responseThank you, Immortal, I’m humbled.
Posting elsewhere: I did at one time, post on Smargden, but all the stories there are now here. I have a page on FFn so I can read and review there, and was looking into posting on that site, but given their policies of simply deleting an author’s stories and reviews, for any comlpaint without investegation, and given their current policy of censorship, I really don’t think it’s gonna be any time soon.
Sign up to review this story.