Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Long Lost Past (Pt. 1)

Recurring Nightmare

by story_master 6 reviews

Memories from Jay's past come back to haunt his dreams.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-05 - Updated: 2006-08-05 - 852 words

1Moving
It was a beautiful August morning and Jay was enjoying the freedoms of childhood. He was picking flowers for his mother's birthday with a girl. Jay had seen a patch of his mothers favourite flowers growing by a grouping of young trees. Jay had wandered over to pick them for his quickly growing bouquet. He hadn't seemed to notice that the girl he was picking flowers with had wandered over to the cliff's edge. She had spotted an amazing flower growing out of the cliff's side.The girl set down the flowers she had already picked and reached down to pick the amazing flower from the cliff's side. When suddenly the cliff's edge gave way. The girl had grasped the cliff's edge and was holding on for dear life. Her fingers were slipping and she couldn't hold on for much longer. She screamed "HELP ME!". Jay dropped his bouquet and ran as fast as he could to help the girl. Too late! Just as he dove for the edge to grab her hands they slipped. Jay stared down at the falling girl, helpless. As the girl fell her scream could be heard throughout the small town. "JAAAAY!".

*

Jay sat straight up covered in a cold sweat.
" NO!" he screamed. Jay looked around. He was in his dorm room.
'It was just a dream' he thought to himself as he laid back down trying to stop his heart from pounding so loud.
He tried to shake the horrible dream from his mind. Jay turned over and looked at the alarm clock he had on the night table next to his bed. It was 4:30 a.m. He laic back on his back and stared at the ceiling. Jay closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep hoping not to have the same nightmare. After about an hour of lying there Jay decided to get up.
'No use in going back to sleep for an hour and a half' he muttered as he pulled himself out of bed.
He went across the hall to the bathroom and had a cold shower.
'Maybe this'll clear my head' he thought as he started the shower.
After his shower he got dressed and went down to the kitchen to try and find something for breakfast. He pulled out a box of cereal, a bowl, a spoon and some milk. Jay ate his breakfast slowly, he couldn't get the dream out of his head. After he finally finished he put the dishes into the dishwasher and started it.
By the time Jay had cleaned up the others were starting to come downstairs.
"Hey," Odie said as he sat on the couch and opened his laptop," You're up early."
"I couldn't sleep." Jay said as he slumped onto the couch next to Odie.
"Hi" Theresa and Atlanta said in unison as they came downstairs.
"Man! Am i glad it's Saturday," Harry said stretching as he went into the kitchen, " No school, no work. Yup, Saturday is definetly my favourite day."
Archie was the next to appear from upstairs. He came down in his jogging suit.
" Ready to go Atlanta?" he asked starting his stretches.
" Just let me go change."
Within 10 minutes Atlanta disappeared and reappeared ready to go. Her and Archie left for their morning run without another word.
Neil finally came downstairs. He nearly tripped though because as always he was admiring himself in his pocket mirror.
For Jay the rest of the day went by pretty fast. Everything was like a blur and before he knew it, it was night time again.
Theresa adn Atlanta were the first to head for bed. They were followed shortly by Odie, then Harry, then Neil. Soon only Archie and Jay were sitting on the couch staring at the t.v.
" Well, I'd better turn in to. It's getting pretty late." Archie yawned as he stood up stretching.
Jay had been sitting with his head resting on his hands." Mmph." was his reply.
" You okay?" Archie asked heading for the stairs.
" Huh," Jay hadn't been paying too much attention, " Oh.. uh.. ya. I'm fine. Just thinking."
" Okay." with that Archie vanished upstairs.
Jay decided to head to bed shorlty after. He turned off all the lights and the t.v. and headed upstairs.
By the time he got to bed he was completely wiped. His head hit the pillow and he was out like a light.
Jay had the same nightmare again. Only this time something was different. Before the girl had always been in the shadows but this time Jay could kind of see her face. He still couldn't make out who it was though. But just the same the dream woke him covered in a cold sweat. he woke with the same scream, "NO!". Instead of lying back down, Jay swung his legs over the side of his bed and put his forehead in his hands.
' Who is THAT girl?' he wondered.
~*~

Who IS the mystery girl? What shocking secret will be uncovered about Jay's past? I guess you'll have to read my next chapter to find out.

Sign up to rate and review this story