Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Long Lost Past (Pt. 1)

The Mystery Girl

by story_master 0 reviews

More about the mystery girl from Jay's nightmare is found out.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-05 - Updated: 2006-08-06 - 723 words

0Unrated
The sun filtered through trees on that beautiful August morning. A small girl was picking flowers for a birthday with a boy. The boy had wandered over to a small grouping of young trees to pick some flowers for his rapid growing bouquet. The girl had wandered over to the cliff's edge where she had spotted some gorgeous purple flowers growing out from the cliff's side. She set her bunch of flowers down and reached over the side to pick the flowers. But the flowers were lower than she thought so she leaned over the edge farther. 'Almost got them..' she thought as she felt her fingertips brush against the soft petals. She had almost got the flowers, when suddenly the edge gave way. The girl's hand shot for the cliff's edge and she grasped it. Holding on for dear life the girl tried to pull her other hand up. She couldn't, she wasn't strong enough. She called for the boy " Help me!". Then the small chunck of ground she had been clasping to gave way as well. The girl went spiraling towards the ground.

*

"JAAAAY!" The girl sat straight up drenched in a cold sweat.
She awoke to find moonlight filtering through the tattered sheet used for a curtain on the window at the end of her bed. The girl laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. She didn't know exactly what time it was because she had no clock. Living out in the middle of no where is like that. Luckily the girl did get a couple more hours of sleep.
She awoke later to sunlight pouring into her cabin like room. She stretched then got out of bed. She headed down to the water fall to take a shower. Afterwards, the girl went walking around the forest which she protected. She had lived in the forest, cut off from society, for such a long time she knew everything there was to know about that forest. She knew every animal, every path and everyone who dared to enter the forest. Since most who ventured into the forest were hunters the girl had set up many traps around the forest to catch them. Or make the hunters become the hunted.
The girl wandered around aimlessly until she came to a familiar spot. The spot where she came to think. The spot where she could clearly see the cliff from which she fell 12 long years ago. The 12th anniversary of the day when she lost all she held dear was approaching.
The girl had taught herself everything she knew or learned from mythology books she had with her the day she fell. The girl had also taught herself to read, write, speak, hunt and most of all survive.
Now the only things near and dear to her heart were her books from her mother, her picture of her family , her mother's pendant, and her two best friends... Raju, a tiger and pheonix, a pheonix. She befriended the tiger by taking care of and nursing it back to health when it was injured as a kitten. She befriended the pheonix by saving it from hunters. Also, the pheonix saved her live when she fell from the cliff's edge. That is why her body was never found.
The girl hadn't realized how long she had been sitting there thinking about that terrifying day. Her deep thoughts were broken when she heard a twig snap behind her.
The only word that escaped her lips was " Jay?" as she was still thinking about the dream.
The girl went into the bushes and to her surprise nothing was there.
' Did I imagine the noise?' she asked herself staring at the still trees before her.
The girl turned around to look at the cliff side one last time before going back to her cabin. As she was turning around she heard laughter. Deep laughter. Evil laughter.
" Who's there!?" the girl demanding, readying her daggers ahe kept nearby at all times. Nothing.
The laughter grew louder then ceased, only leaving behind an echo through the forest.
The girl headed back to her cabin hoping to get there before dark.
~*~

Who was laughing? Was she imagining it? And who IS this girl? Why is she having the same nightmare as Jay? Read the next chapter to find out.


Sign up to rate and review this story