Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Be my prom date?

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

Chapter 19 - Be my prom date?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-14 - Updated: 2013-10-16 - 2938 words

2Ambiance
It’s May now. It’s raining most of the time, but Hayden and I make do. We play board games, watch old movies, play Guitar Hero, and other things like that. We’re at Hayden’s just hanging out. “I’ll be right back. I need to take a leak.” Hayden leaves me in the living room reading Seventeen.

“Okay.” I nod. I’m reading my horoscope when I feel something on my foot. At first I don’t think anything of it, but then I think it could be a spider. So I look down and see something worse. A snake! I swallow hard and blink just to make sure I’m not imagining things. But when it slithers on my foot I scream. I drop my magazine and jump onto the couch. “Hayden!” I yell. He comes jogging into the room.

“What?” He asks. I just point to the dirty colored snake on the floor slithering about. He just laughs.

“Why are you laughing, you douche?” I try to catch my breath.

“Because.” He comes over and picks up the snake. He holds it up for me to see and I cower away. “This is Mona. My python.” He smiles and lets her wrap around his arm.

“What?” I ask, still standing on the couch.

“This is my pet snake. I lost her two days ago. I bet she’s hungry.” He kisses her head. Ew! I’ve been kissing snake germs! But that explains the tank in his room.

“How the hell do you lose a snake!?”

“I accidently left her tank open after feeding her one day. When I came back she was gone.” She slithers up his arm and over his shoulders to his other arm. I shiver.

“Well, nice to meet you, Mona.” I wave at her and let out a little laugh.

“Here. Pet her. She’s not much of a biter.” He smiles at me.

“Uh, no thanks.” I’m still on the couch.

“Oh, c’mon, Sky. Get down here and pet her. I think she’ll really like you. She and I are alike that way. That’s how we bonded at the pet shop.” He watches her with admiring eyes. I just whine and step off the couch.

“Here.” Hayden reaches out to take my hand. He guides it to her scales. I bite my lip in nervousness and feel her reptilian skin. I squeal inside. “Stop freaking out. She doesn’t like that.” I just take a deep breath and let her move beneath my touch. I bite my lip harder as she starts to wrap around my arm from Hayden’s. “Seems she likes you.” He smiles at me. I grin back at him. “That makes two of us.” He kisses me tenderly. “Okay, just hold her while I get her some food.” He says.

“What? You can’t leave us alone! What if she bites me once you leave?” I ask panicked.

“She won’t.” He leaves us. I stand there, mouth open. I feel her undulate further up my arm to my shoulder. There she stops to look at me. I turn and we stare at each other.

“Hi, Mona.” I try to smile. “I’m Sky. Hayden’s girlfriend.” I bite my lip. I can’t believe I’m talking to a snake right now.

“Okay, baby.” Hayden comes back with a box. I stare at it. “Let’s go put her back where she belongs.” He takes my free hand and leads me upstairs to his room. There, he takes Mona from me and puts her in her tank. He closes the cover a little, then throws in two live mice. He closes the entire top now. “Watch.” He lowers his eyes to tank level.

“I can’t. I need to wash my hands.” I run to the bathroom and scrub myself. Hayden meets me in the hall when I get out.

“So, now you’ve met Mona. Wanna go out for ice cream?” He smiles.

“Mmm, ice cream.” I giggle and he leads us to the garage. There sits his dirt bike. “Hayden, I don’t have my helmet with me.” I say.

“Here. Use mine. I’ll get Austin’s.” He smiles. He hands me his black helmet. I slip it on and lift the visor. It’s a little big on me and I feel funky with it on.

I look up at Hayden with a smile. He looks down at me with a smirk.

“You look very sexy with that helmet on.” He leans down and kisses my nose. His hands on my hips.

“Do I? Well, I think you’d look sexy with one on too.” I giggle. He goes over to one of the metal shelves and gets down another helmet just like his. But it’s bright red. Yup, totally Austin. Hayden puts it on and I grin.

“Mmm, very sexy.” I giggle. He struts towards me and strikes a pose. Hands on his hips. So cute! I laugh and clap. “You’re a natural.” I giggle again.

“C’mon.” He laughs and leads me over to his bike. We get on and he opens the garage. The sun creeps in and I smile. It’s been awhile since we had any sunshine around these parts. We’ve just been getting mostly rain since the summer’s coming and it seems spring wants to finish strong. “Looks like we’ve got perfect riding weather.” Hayden grins at me over his shoulder. I tighten my hold on him and he starts the bike. He rubs my hand a little for reassurance since we haven’t been on the bike in a while. Then, he guns it and we’re off.


Prom is near! Everybody is so psyched. Even I am. I just hope Hayden asks me soon before some creeper does. Like Paco.

I’m at lunch with Fabi and Adelia. We get our Subway and find an empty table. “Dude, so who are you going with to prom?” Fabi asks me.

“Hayden. Duh!” We all giggle. “I mean, if he asks me in time. If he doesn’t and Paco gets to me first, I’ll be really mad.” I take a bite of my cold turkey sub with mayo, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and lettuce on wheat bread. How I like it.

“Well, I think he’s about to ask you.” Adelia looks over my head at someone. I turn around and see Hayden grinning as he walks to me. A bouquet of lilies in his hand. Wearing the tux he wore to the wedding. I blush as everyone watches him come to me.

Once he’s standing right in front of me we smile at each other. “Hi.” He smirks.

“Hi.” I bite my lip.

“Cielo Santino, will you be my prom date?” He smiles down at me. I blush every color in the rainbow.

“Of course.” I grin and stand to hug him. He lifts me and swings me around. Everyone claps and cheers. He finally puts me down and kisses me passionately. This very public display of affection has my head spinning. And I love it.

“Here. For you.” Hayden gives me the flowers. The lilies are absolutely gorgeous. He’s got taste.

“Thank you.” I smile and we sit.

“So, who are you guys going with?” Hayden asks Fabi and Adelia.

“Well, I’m trying to convince Elio to ask Adelia. You know, since we double dated for the concert. And I know Elio felt something. But he won’t admit it. He’s stubborn like that.” I say.

“Sky, you can’t force Elio to take Adelia. That’s not fair.” Hayden tells me. I just roll my eyes.

“Look, I’m telling you, Elio felt something. I know it. I saw it in his eyes. And I’m not forcing him. I’m suggesting. I don’t just think that my brother and my best friend would make a good double date for us, but I know she’s in love with him and he felt something.”

“I’m not in love with him!” Adelia argues. I roll my eyes again.

“Adelia, don’t lie.” I tease her. She pouts and I laugh.

“Well, if y’all don’t find dates, you can come with Sky and me.” Hayden suggests.

“There was a reason why I liked this kid.” Fabi smiles. Just then a female comes up to our table. She’s got wide hips, a nose stud, and burgundy hair. She’s wearing those weird colored contacts and has a small gap in between her two front teeth. I can tell she’s wearing fake eyelashes.

“Hi, Hayden.” She coos. Uh, who’s this bitch? She’s making googly eyes at my boyfriend.

“Hey, Bailey.” He smiles politely at her.

“What are you dressed up all handsome for?” She flirts. I cock an eyebrow at her.

“I just asked my girlfriend to prom.” Hayden puts an arm around me. I smile up at her thinking that I don’t know her so she might be cool.

“Oh.” She gives me a crooked glance. Excuse me? I get the impression she doesn’t like me. Which wouldn’t bother me so much as I get hateful vibes from her, and she’s all over Hayden right in front of me. After he even said I was his girlfriend. “Well, I’ll see you in class.” She winks at Hayden before she wiggles her fat ass away.

“Uh, who was that?” I turn to him.

“She’s new. She’s in my math class. She just started talking to me.” Hayden shrugs.

“Well, I don’t like her.” I say.

“Yeah. Did you see that look she gave you?” Even Adelia noticed.

“That bitch is in NTLB too.”

“Really?” Hayden asks.

“Yeah. She sits next to Alex. She’s all up on his junk too. Thirsty ass bitch.” Fabi comments.

“Look, you guys are being over dramatic.” Hayden says.

“Uh, no we’re not. We know bitches when we see ‘em. And she’s a bitch. One crooked glance is all it takes for me to see that. And it wasn’t even at me. Trust us, Hayden. We know she wants your nuts. She even flirted with you in front of Cielo without giving a fuck. She’s thirsty.” Adelia explains.

“Exactly.” I add. “Hayden, we don’t just hate people without at least talking to them first. But sometimes we don’t even get to that point because just by looking at us she told us she wants you and that we’re all illegal, dirty Mexicans.”

“That’s not true. She did not say that just with that look.” He says.

“Oh, so you noticed the look, right?” I purse my lips at him.

“Yes, I did. It wasn’t a nice one, but it didn’t degrade you in any way.” He says to me. Just then Elio joins us.

“Why was Bailey over here?” He asks.

“You know her?” Fabi asks.

“Yeah. I was at my locker and she came up to me to ask me where the 300 building was.” He takes my sub and bites into it.

“And what do you think of her?” Adelia asks. She knows Elio can judge anybody in an instant and be completely right.

“She’s thirsty.” He grimaces. “She got this close to me.” He puts his hand up to his face at least an inch away. “I saw her making sexy glances at Hayden in the hall today. So, when she came up to you guys I was watching to make sure Cielo didn’t dent her too bad.” He chuckles.

“I kinda wanted to.” I sigh.

“Well, she’s been nice to me so I have nothing against her.” Hayden holds up his hands.

“Nothing against her?” I turn to him. Uh, does he want her all up on his dick? ‘Cause I don’t want that. And now that I know she has classes with him, I’m not too happy right now. “Elio doesn’t even like her.”

“Look, she hasn’t done anything to me. Just because she gave you a look doesn’t mean she needs to be instantly hated.” Hayden says.

“Okay then. But if I catch her hugging on you or touching you, I’m gonna beat her ass, then I’m gonna beat yours.” I get up, along with Adelia and Fabi.

“C’mon, babe. Don’t be like that.” He reaches out to me. I tisk, take my flowers, and leave. I can be however I want. I don’t like Bailey and that’s it.


I’m in the shop sitting at one of the tables with Lauren. The boys are welding something so we’re staying after school with them until they finish. “Have you seen the new girl yet?” Lauren smiles.

“You mean Bailey?” I make a gross face.

“What’s wrong? You don’t like her?” Lauren frowns.

“She was all up on Hayden today at lunch.”

“Really?” Lauren gasps. “She was nice to me. Maybe she was just being nice.”

“Calling him handsome and giving him sexy looks when I’m right in front of him and he even told her I was his girlfriend is not cool.”

“Well, I called him hot. Remember?” She asks.

“Yeah, but I know you. You’re harmless. You have Austin. And I know you’d never leave him. And I trust you.” I explain. “I don’t know where this girl came from or who she is. But she was all over mine and I don’t like that.”

“Me either. Maybe I should keep an eye out.” She looks over at a hunched Austin. Mask on and sparks flying everywhere as he welds.

“I would. At least until she gets settled in.”


The next day, I’m walking from English to math in the morning. I see Lauren and Bailey and another girl giggling and hugging Lauren. Soon, Lauren leaves for class and the girls head my way.

I’m walking passed them when I hear Bailey say, “Ugh, Lauren is so annoying. She’s always like OMG!” She fakes a Lauren voice. Which is a little high pitched, but not as annoying as Bailey makes it sound. “And she’s got ugly ass hair. Like she just woke up. Nasty.”

What a two-faced bitch! I go to class and wait till lunch time rolls around to go to the shop. Lauren’s sitting down working on some homework and eating some cookies. Austin’s machining something. He nods to me and I smile. I go over to Lauren and sit.

“Hey.” I greet her.

“Hey.” She swallows her chewed cookie. “Sorry.” She smiles and wipes away the crumbs she’s made on the table.

“It’s okay. I just came here to tell you something.” I frown a little. She just looks at me with serious eyes.

“What’s up?” She asks.

“Are you and Bailey friends?”

“Well, I consider her as a friend, yeah.” She says. I sigh.

“Lauren, I don’t wanna be a snitch, but you’re my friend.” I say. “I heard Bailey telling one of her friend’s that you were annoying and you had gross hair.” I just give it to her.

“Wait, what?” She asks in disbelief. “She said that?” I just nod.

“Look, I didn’t wanna be the bitch to tell you, but I’m not going to let Bailey be a two-faced bitch to you.” I say. Lauren’s my buddy. We handle the Pierce brothers well. We get each other. I can’t let Bailey talk trash about her. She’s too nice and friendly for that.

“But she said she liked my hair.” Lauren furrow her brows.

“I’m just saying what I heard.” I shrug.

“When did you hear this?” She asks. Still not convinced.

“I saw you and her and some other girl this morning. You were hugging and then you left. They walked my way and I heard it while passing them.” I explain. “Lauren, I would never lie to you.”

“I know you wouldn’t. But I just don’t get it. Why would someone be nice to someone’s face and then talk shit about them once they leave?”

“I have no idea.” I shake my head.

“Now I’m mad!” Lauren half shouts. “Jee, thanks for giving me the heads up. I don’t wanna look like dumbass.”

“Me either. You’re too nice to be played out like that.” Finally, I have Lauren convinced of how Bailey really is.

“Do you think I have an annoying voice and gross hair?” Lauren looks so sad asking me this. Like an abandoned puppy dog.

“No way! If I did, I wouldn’t be your friend. And besides, who gives a shit about what Bailey thinks. Austin loves you just the way you are. Which is awesome!” I give her a high five. She just giggles. And I really do think that. Lauren’s hair is a light brown and is always nicely styled. She’s got better hair than me.

“Thanks.” Lauren hugs me. I just hug her back. When we pull apart, Austin leans down and kisses Lauren. I smile. “Hey, sexy.” She greets him.

“Okay, I’m out. I don’t want another replay of Blake Island.” I joke. We all laugh and I leave the shop to go find Adelia and Fabi.
Sign up to rate and review this story