Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

In Anything

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

Chapter 24 - In Anything

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-11-01 - 3994 words

0Unrated
A/N: Happy Halloween, readers!! Enjoy :)






Back to school on Monday. It’s relatively quiet. My prom incident forgotten, and I haven’t seen Bailey anywhere. Which I’m glad about. I have no worries here anymore.

After school, Hayden gives me a ride home. On his sexy dirt bike. When he drops me off he asks, “What are you doing tonight?”

“Um, homework probably. Why?” Hmm, what is there to do on a Monday night?

“I was thinking we could go get dinner or something.” He shrugs, still straddling his bike. “We haven’t been out on a date in a while.” He says. “Go to the movies maybe.” He suggests. I smile.

“Sure. What time?”

“Well, I gotta head to work right now, but after around seven?” He looks nervous. Like I’m going to reject him or something.

“Okay.” I nod. “Would you mind if Elio and Adelia came with us? They haven’t been out in a while either. It’d be fun.” I smile. “But if you don’t want to, it’s okay.”

“No, it’s fine. I was just about to ask if Austin and Lauren could come.” He grins.

“Hell yeah! Triple date!” I give him a high five. “This is going to be good.” I peck his lips. “See you later then.” I jog inside. “Elio!” I call.

“What?” He calls from his room. I head over there.

“Wanna come out with me and Hayden? You can bring Adelia.” I lean against his door frame and watch him play his Xbox 360. He has his head set on and his fingers dance rapidly over the buttons. Pressing all the colors.

“Sure. Where we going?” He doesn’t take his eyes off the screen.

“We don’t know yet. But Austin and Lauren are coming too. I guess we can all plan it when they get here.” I smile.

“Fine. I’ll call Adelia after this level.” He keeps his eyes glued on the zombies. I roll my eyes and go into my room to start on my homework so that I don’t have any to do tomorrow morning since I’m going out tonight.


I’m done with my homework and chores by five. I just shower and chill in my room till six thirty. I start on my hair at that time. I just brush it and it goes into its natural wavy-ish self. I put on some simple make-up and look in my closet. Hmm, what to wear? I don’t even know where we’re going. I decide to call Hayden. It rings once and I can just imagine Cheap Trick playing. I smile. “Hey, baby.” He answers.

“So, where are we going?” I cut to the chase.

“Well, Austin and Lauren want to see a movie. What do Elio and Adelia want?”

“They don’t care. They’re just happy to be going out.” I giggle. I hear him chuckle softly.

“Hmm, then the movies?”

“Sure.” I shrug. “What are we gonna watch?” I find a pair of dark flares. I can wear these with my steel toe boots. I smile and throw them on the bed.

“I don’t know. Bad Grandpa looks good.” He snorts. I laugh.

“I’m down.” I pick out my faded blue Superman shirt.

“Alright then. Meet you there? My mom’s got the truck and I don’t think we’ll all fit in her Honda.”

“Okay. Meet you there, handsome.” I smile. He chuckles.

“Later.” We hang up and I dress.

Adelia, Elio, and I drive to the Regal Cinemas and see Hayden, Lauren, and Austin waiting out front for us. I park and get out. Elio and Adelia lace hands and I jog to hug Hayden. He embraces me warmly and kisses me. “Ready?” He looks down at me. I just nod. “Good.” He takes my hand and we get our tickets. Hayden paying for ours. We get in and I realize he is wearing his steel toes too.

“Nice shoes.” I compliment him. He looks down and grins at mine.

“Likewise.” He says. I just step onto his shoes. I lift my head and kiss him softly. He moans quietly, so that I feel it on my lips. I grin and pull back.
After getting snacks we find our theatre. We find seats up top and watch the hilarious comedy. We leave when the credits start. Nobody likes the ending credits. We throw away our garbage and head out to the lobby. Elio has to play the crane and Lauren and Austin are playing air hockey. Hayden and I just watch.

I’m cheering on Lauren when I see someone out of the corner of my eye. I glance in that direction and see Bailey. She looks at me and I turn back to the game. I don’t want drama tonight. Especially not caused by her, so I just ignore her. Which I assume she doesn’t like because when we all exit the cinema into the cool night, she follows us. “So, you’re just gonna run, bitch!?” She yells. Hayden and I just keep walking. “C’mon, Sky! Round two! Let’s go!” She keeps tailing us. Just her talking annoys the shit out of me. I turn around and Hayden puts a hand on my arm.

“Did you not get enough at prom?” I ask. She just grins at me.

“Of course not.”

“C’mon, Sky.” Hayden tugs on my gray hoodie. I go to turn and the bitch swings at me. Getting me right on the ear. I hiss.

“Shit!” I curse. I turn back to her and swing, getting her cheek. My fist instantly smarts, but I go into primal mode and ignore it.

“Sky, no!” I hear Hayden’s voice yell. I just keep swinging. Bailey goes down and I cock my leg back to kick, until I feel arms around my waist and someone yank me up. I growl. I’m whirled around away from Bailey and see Hayden standing in front of me. “Stop.” He says. I just breathe fast from all the adrenaline and anger. I just nod. I’m about to retreat when hands fly over Hayden’s back and grab my hair. I yelp at the pain in my scalp. “Bailey!” Hayden yells. I feel fists connecting on my head. I force my eyes to look up and see if I can spot where she is. I do, and I send my left fist flying. My right is clinging onto Hayden’s shirt.

I feel my fist connect over and over. “Stop!” Hayden pries her hands from my hair and picks me up. He carries me away from her and to Austin’s car. He shoves me in, grabs my keys, closes the door, and runs away. Austin drives me home. Followed by Hayden driving my car.

“Thanks for the ride.” I mumble to him from the back seat.

“You gonna be okay?” He turns to look at me. I smirk.

“I’ll be fine.”

“Rough n’ tough.” He gives me a fist bump and I chuckle.

“See ya guys later.” I give Lauren a smile and get out. I get out and see Hayden leaning against my car.

“I took Adelia home.” He says. I nod. I rub my head. It’s pounding. “C’mere.” Hayden envelopes me in a tight embrace and rubs my head for me. He kisses my hair. “Cielo, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Hayden.” I nuzzle into his chest.

“If I hadn’t gotten involved with her in the first place, we wouldn’t be in this situation right now.” He kisses my hair again, rubbing my back softly, soothing me.

“True.” I sigh. “But I’m sorry too. I should’ve just walked away.” I feel disappointed with myself. My heart sinking.

“She swung first.” He adds. “But apology accepted.” He smirks. I giggle. “Now, go to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He releases me and gives me a big wet one.

“Good night, Hayden.” I smile.

“Good night, Sky. Feel better.” He pecks my forehead and goes over to get into his mom’s car. Elio and I get inside. I clean up and get in bed. I soon fall into a dreamless sleep.


In the morning, I wake to a throbbing face and Elio jumping on my bed. “Get up!” He says. I just groan. “C’mon, we got school.”

“Leave me alone.” I pull my blankets over my head.

“Get up.” He pulls off my covers. He bunches them up and takes them, leaving out my door. I whine.

“Elio!” I shout.

“Ama! Cielo’s ditching school!” Elio tells on me.

“Cielo, get your ass up now!” I hear her yell. I whine again and get up. I put on some jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. Slipping on my Uggs and grabbing my back pack. I sling it over my shoulder and follow Elio out to the car. He drives us to school. When I get there I pull my hood up to cover my messy bed head, that I didn’t brush this morning, and head to class. I don’t even grab my books from my locker. I just listen to my teacher drone on about The Canterbury Tales. I go to math, and then find my release in pottery. I plug in to People in Planes and throw a tall vase. Wide at the base and goes narrow at the top. I put it out to dry a little and then throw a bowl. Like the Pueblo’s bowls. Wide. I’m cutting some off from the top when someone sits at the wheel to my right and takes out my ear bud. I feel lips on my cheek and I jump. Sending my needle tool down, cutting my entire bowl.

“Shit!” I stop the wheel and sigh. It’s Hayden.

“Are you okay, Sky?” He asks.

“I’m fine.” I grumble. I don’t feel like talking to anyone today. Not even Hayden. I just want to be left alone. I don’t know why. Maybe it was because of last night. But waking up with my head pounding and bruises on my face and scalp, my knuckles bloodied and scraped, is not the way anyone wants to wake up.

“Are you sure?” His voice laced with concern.

“Yeah.” I mumble.

“Hmm, I think I know what you need.” Hayden smiles. I look at him, and before I know it I’m at the Clark County Gun Club on 192nd.

“Hayden, what the hell are we doing here?” I whine.

“You’ll see.” We head inside. Hayden’s hand intertwined with mine. We see a scruffy guy near one of the firing ranges. He looks over at us and grins.

“Hayden!” He beams and jogs over to us.

“Hey, Bill.” Hayden and him hug.

“Been a while.” He releases Hayden.

“I know.” Hayden says.

“How’s your mom doing?”

“She’s good.” Hayden nods.

“Austin staying out of trouble?” He seems to really know Hayden.

“Yeah. Been hanging with the girlfriend so he’s been good.” Hayden smiles. Just then the man looks over at me.

“Hi, there. I’m Bill.” He smiles and extends a large hand to me. I shake his firm hand.

“Bill, this is Sky. My girlfriend.” Hayden smirks at me. I blush.

“Don’t worry, I don’t look like this every day.” I joke.

“You can look however you want here as long as you’re wearing safety glasses and ear protectors.” Bill laughs. It’s hearty and full. He seems nice. “Well, Hayden, what can I do you for?”

“Just came to shoot.” Hayden shrugs.

“Alright then. What are you going to be shooting today?” Bill asks.

“I didn’t bring any of mine, is it alright if we rent today?” Hayden asks, biting the inside of his cheek.

“Of course. Normally I’d need you make an appointment, but since I like you, I’ll bend the rules this once.” Bill says. Hayden nods.

“Get us a Remington 870 Express for me and a Mossberg 500c for Sky.” Hayden orders like he would a meal. So casual. How hot. A man with tattoos and knows about firearms. I quirk an eyebrow at him. Bill leaves us.

“What?” Hayden asks me.

“How often do you come here?” I smile. He’s somehow lifted my mood.

“Not so much anymore.” He says.

“Is it because of me?” I ask lowly.

“Yeah, but it’s a good thing. I used to come here every day. But that was only when I felt lonely or angry.” He explains. “And being with you, I don’t feel those a lot anymore.” He smiles. I grin. I didn’t know.


“Okay, Sky, just relax.” Hayden coos in my ear through my muffs. I’m wearing safety glasses and holding big shotgun. Hayden has run through all the procedures of this gun with me. How to reload and how to hold it. But now he’s teaching me how to shoot it. He can tell I’m nervous. My mouth is dry and my palms are getting a little sweaty. My heart beating erratically from the adrenaline of having a real firearm in my hands. “When the gun fires it’ll push back a little. Like a jolt. So you need to keep steady and strong.” Hayden pushes my feet apart and turns me. I square my shoulders. “Looking good.” He inspects my form. “Now, whenever you’re ready, squeeze that trigger. Aim at that little dot.” He points to the target yards in front of me.

I take a deep steadying breath. Squint my eyes to focus on the target. My finger shaking on the trigger. Once I feel I’m ready, I curl my finger and the gun fires. I feel the force of it in my shoulder as the gun juts back. I watch as a hole appears near the dot in the target. But for me, it’s not good enough. I pump my shot gun, the shell pops out, and I reload. I take aim again, relaxing my body and taking another deep breath. I pull the trigger, feeling that same jolt from the power of the gun in my shoulder. This time I hit the dot. I grin. I look over at Hayden, who’s clapping and grinning as well.

That felt liberating somehow. I’m awake now, and I feel alive. I reload and take aim at a new target. I repeat my little process and fire. I do this five more times. Each time hitting a new place on my target. Once I’ve had my fill, Hayden takes my gun and hands it to Bill. Now it’s Hayden’s turn. He graciously sets up and fires for a little while. He’s good. And looks so sexy in his pair of safety glasses and ear muffs. He’s done after a while and we head out after Hayden pays for the day.

“Thank you.” I smile up at Hayden while we’re walking back to my car.

“I knew that look. I’ve had it many times.” He says. “Don’t feel like talking to anybody. Just tired and alone.” He stops us and turns to me. “Sky, you’re not alone. In anything.” He cups my cheek. I just look at his DC hoodie. “I am always here for you.” He kisses me softly. I return the kiss and I’m lost. In him. He’s so enticing.

We stand there kissing for a good while until Hayden pulls back. “C’mon. I’m hungry.” He takes my hand, puts me in the car, and drives us to the Stardust Diner. There we eat a nice meal and he takes me home. He comes in with me. He lays on my bed. I smile down at him.

“I’m gonna take a shower, okay?” I grab some sweats, clean undies, and a baggy shirt.

“Take your time, baby.” Hayden folds his hands underneath his head and gives me a smug smile. I roll my eyes and head to the shower. I hop in and quickly clean myself. When I emerge, I feel clean and fresh. I smile and get into my room. There I find Hayden looking through my portfolio. I store it underneath my bed so no one can see it. What the hell was he doing underneath my bed?

Hayden pulls out a painting. My portfolio mostly contains large paintings and still lives mostly drawn in pencil, but some are in India ink, Cante crayon, and charcoal. Some even in colored pencil and on different types of paper. Newspaper, recycled paper, cardstock. “I like this one.” Hayden grins at me. He turns it and I see a painting of a rose surrounded by cherry blossoms. The background made up of hot pink, turquoise, and purple spray paint. The cherry blossoms are outlined in coral but painted baby blue. The rose is outlined in black and has no color besides the background. I remember painting that one. I cried.

“Why?” I frown.

“I don’t know.” He shrugs. “It just seems…you.” He gazes at me as he explains. “A beautiful rose surrounded by the common cherry blossoms. But you are overshadowed by them, and only certain people see your beauty. Like that of this rose.” His eyes never leave mine. I smile and blush. He just keeps digging through my portfolio, moving to my carpet. Sitting like a little kid with his legs spread in front of him and my art scattered. I smile at him and sit on my bed.

“So, have you decided on hockey?” I ask as I start to lotion up.

“Uh, yeah. I start the first week of June.” He says.

“Ooo! I can’t wait to see you on the ice. Being sexy.” I grin and shimmy my sweats off to lotion up my shaved legs. Hayden just starts to put everything away. He puts my portfolio back and comes to sit in front of me.

“Here.” He grabs my lotion and starts to rub my leg. I grin and we finish my legs. “Anything else needing my gentle touch?” He asks with a blush.

“My back.” I smirk. He licks his lips as I turn onto my stomach. He lifts my shirt up and bunches it on my neck. I have no bra on, so I make sure to cover up. Hayden starts to rub lotion on my back. I close my eyes and hum at his gentle hands.

“You’re really soft.” Hayden says.

“Hmmm.” I hum again, in bliss. He just runs his hands all over my back. He massages me a little and then stops.

“Done.” He kisses my spine. I shiver and smile. I sit up, pulling down my shirt.

“Thank you.” I turn around and find his lips. “For everything.” I hold his head in my hands.

“You’re very welcome.” He grins and kisses my nose. “Now, I have to leave. But I will call tonight. Promise, promise.” He says. I nod and let him go. He smiles before he opens my door and leaves.


It’s after dinner when Hayden calls. “Go for Dickie.” I recite a line from one of my favorite movies, “Dickie Roberts, a former childhood star”. I hear Hayden laugh.

“It seems I’ve got the wrong number.” I smile. “Is this my Sky?”

“No, this is Patrick!” I say in a deep voice. Hayden laughs again.

“Oh, Sky, you’re hilarious.” He calms down. I giggle.

“You walked into that one.”

“Should’ve known.” He says. “Anyway, how has your week been going? How are you feeling?”

“It’s okay. My face and fists don’t hurt so much anymore. And my boyfriend is amazing.” I smile.

“Mmm, a delight to hear, baby girl.” He sounds happy saying this.

“Hey, Hayden.” I say.

“Yeah, Sky?” He replies, a little nervous.

“How would you like it if I took you out on a date?” I ask. I need to give him something. He’s been so good to me recently. He’s such a gentlemen. He pays for everything, holds my doors open, he goes above and beyond to make sure I feel special. So I think it’s only fair if I make an effort to do the same.

“Sky,” He starts.

“No, Hayden! I want to do this for you. Okay?” I say urgently. I hear him sigh.

“Okay.” I just smile.

“Okay! It’ll be a surprise so I’m not going to tell you what or when.” I feel excited. “So, how have you been?” I ask. We just stay on the phone for about an hour talking about everything, but we tire easily. So we say good night and hang up.


It’s Friday! There’s perfect weather. Sun and a light breeze. Perfect day for my plan. I get to school completely excited. I eagerly go through my day until lunch time. I rush to the shop and Hayden’s talking with Ben. I walk up to them. “Hey, Sky.” Ben greets me.

“Hi, Ben.” I smile at him. He turns beet red.

“Hey,” Hayden smiles down at me, putting his hand on the small of my back and pecking my lips.

“Hey.” I grin. “So, today is the day!” I beam.

“Today?” He asks in disbelief. I nod. “Right now?”

“Yup, right now.” I nod with a smile.

“Okay. Ben, we’re outta here. See you later.” Hayden says.

“Alright then. See you, guys.” Ben smiles at us.

“Bye, Ben.” I smile and I grab Hayden’s hand. Together, we race to my car. I start it and we drive to the park on Bella Vista.

“What are we doing here?” Hayden is confused.

“You’ll see.” I beam. I hope he likes this date. If he doesn’t, I’ll be crushed.

We get out of the car, I got to the trunk and pull out the small blanket and a picnic basket of food I made and packed myself. Hayden smiles when he sees what I have in my hands. “Picnic?” He quirks an eyebrow.

“Yeah. I just thought we could have some delicious homemade food for lunch and talk. Listen to music and just hang out. We always go somewhere and I just thought we could come back down to earth.” I smile. Hayden smiles shyly.

“Sounds like fun.” He takes the basket from me and takes my hand in his. I blush as we go and head under a shady tree. I lay out the blanket. We sit and I pull the basket to me. “So, what we got?”

“We have pepperoni subs, hot Cheetohs, fruit salad, Coke, and brownies.” I smile.

“Ooo!” Hayden hums. I giggle and serve him. I then get out my iPod and plug it into my new pink Beats Pill. AWOLNATION comes out and I lower the volume to background. We dig in and make small talk. After eating our subs, Hayden lies down. A smug smile playing on his lips. I watch him. His eyes closed. “I like this song.” He comments. It’s AWOLNATION’s “Not Your Fault”. “Reminds me of you. Whenever we get into an argument.” He chuckles. I giggle.

“Seems like us.” I listen to the lyrics. “So, when is your first game? So I can put it on my calendar.” I take out the brownies.

“June tenth.” He smiles.

“Where at?” I break the brownie and pop a chunk in my mouth.

“Mountain View Ice Arena. On Mill Plain.” He opens his eyes. Slowly, he opens his mouth. I smirk and feed him a chunk of brownie. He hums.

“You’re so cute.” I compliment. He just smiles.
Sign up to rate and review this story