Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Michiyuki

Chapter 10-Taking It's Toll

by tiny14xx 0 reviews

Akira behind the mask.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Itachi - Published: 2013-11-05 - 855 words

0Unrated
“You’re pushing yourself too hard again…” Itachi pulled back her hair as Akira gagged repeatedly. She hated this…all of it. She had to bad mouth her family who had risked themselves for her sake and died with their honor and she managed to hurt Kakashi by saying few words. She hadn’t been able to eat or sleep well for the past few days.
“I thought you said that the old lady was going to let you know when it was safe to move Akira.” Gripping her stomach as Itachi let her hair go; Akira glanced over at Deidara who was sitting cross-legged on a boulder with Sasori sitting next to him.
“I told you…we need to be…patient.”
“We are being patient!”
“We’re more concerned with your health Akira…” Akira turns to Hidan and Kakuzu before looking down at the grass below her.
“I’m fine.”
“Like hell you are dammit! Look at you, someone who is fine wouldn’t be vomiting and definitely wouldn’t be dry heaving because she has nothing in her stomach to puke out!” Sitting back, Akira looked up at the sky, her bangs sliding from her eyes as she stared at the moon.
“I will be fine…” Deidara and Hidan both make a sound to show they are annoyed as Itachi sat down next to her.
“Let us hope that this hokage you seem to have faith in will deliver on time before it is too late.” Akira turned to the raven haired male, his onyx eyes watching her carefully before she gave him a weak smile.
“She will. You need to have more faith in others Itachi…” The man looks away as he shrugged lightly and stood with a sigh.
“I have faith in you now with your silly plan…just this once.” She smiles again before looking back at the moon and pulling out a small picture encased and a clear crystal. It was a picture of her, Munenori, her father, mother, Katsumi and Kakashi who they all forced to take a picture with them. She really had hurt him; she could see it in his eyes as he stared up at her. It had been difficult to be cold and to keep from running over to him and hugging him. She missed him, just as much as she missed her family…but too much was at stake so she had to keep up appearances for now. She tried to think of it as a little payback for him not telling her about her brother’s curse and sister’s illness. She would have never figured it out if it weren’t for the notes that her brother kept on both of their conditions. Katsumi’s diary told her of Munenori’s promise with Kakashi. Slipping the picture back into her pouch, she removed her brother’s headband from it. It was an old one he had when he was a genin, he had slipped it into the package he had given her and she had cherished it as much as she cherished the letter and necklace that came with it. It filled her with hope and love to know that her brother sacrificed so much for her to be happy. She would never forget what he did and what being a shinobi meant to him.
“You’re looking at it again?” Akira turns to Kisame as he stared down at her with a look of question.
“I always see you staring at it when we meet here.” Akira looks down at the headband as she slides her finger over the cold metal one last time and slips it into her bag with a sigh.
“It helps me think.”
"Think?" Akira nods as she stood up and dusted herself off.
"I mostly think of my past, but yes, it helps me think about things in a rational manner."
"I see." Akira drops her arms just as the others approach.
"Well...it is time to part for now...we can't stick around each other fo too long or else it'll look suspicious." Just as Akira was about to exit the small cave they used for their meetings, a hand grabbed her arm and six pairs of eyes stared back at her.
"Akira...we all believe that you should try to avoid Kakashi Hatake at all cost until this is over. YOu'll only worsen your condition."
"I told you, I'm fi-"
"Dont give us that crap! We know you aren't fine, not truly." Akira glares at Hidan for cutting her off before Kakuzu spoke next.
"For once, just do as we say Akira, we're only looking out for you." Akira bites down on her lip with a frown before she released a heavy sigh and gave them a small nod.
"Fine, I will do my best to avoid him until I recieve contact." After watching them all nod in approval and after being released from Itachi's death grip, Akira left.
“Do you think she will listen?” Itachi looked over at Kisame before turning back to Akira as she continued forward.
“I don’t know.”
Sign up to rate and review this story