Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Chance to Change

Team Placement

by KenshinAkagi 0 reviews

Rei and Danzo meet. Rei helps Sasuke see the mystery of the Uchiha massacre.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Sasuke - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-11-30 - 1493 words

0Unrated
AN: Time for Team Placement./]

[/A Chance to Change: 6


It had been just a few weeks since the Uchiha Massacre, and Sasuke and Rei were finally released from the hospital. They were standing at the Uchiha clan Memorial Stone, which was covered in names. Sasuke just stood staring at the stone, while Rei silently watched.

"He told me to Hate him, to come after him when I had the same eyes he had..." said Sasuke, still staring at the stone. "He killed them...That Man killed them!"

"That Man is your brother, Sasuke. That fact will never change." Rei muttered, stretching a kink in his neck. He stopped as suddenly Sasuke punched him in the face. Rei fell to the ground, rubbing his cheek, briefly considering whether to punch Sasuke back.

"He killed my family! How can you call him my brother after that? He said he did it to test his capacity...he's a monster!"

"Sasuke! Think for one minute! Why do you think he spared you? How the hell do you think I, a nine-year old, managed to hold Itachi off? Why were there no ANBU in the area? And how does a thirteen year old manage to kill his ENTIRE CLAN in a single night?" As Rei shouted this, Sasuke froze as he began thinking. Any of those reasons, had they been the only strange thing about the Massacre, wouldn't have been too troubling to explain...but together...

"Look, something is off about this entire situation. Kushina said that she didn't think anything was off, but considering Natsuki told her that I was going to the Uchiha Compound at Ten at night, you think she would have gotten there faster. And how could Itachi have escaped Konoha after murdering hundreds of people? Most Uchiha were at least Chunin, and Itachi had to have been using his Mangekyo...You know what I think, Sasuke?"

Sasuke looked at Rei, and whispered the answer. "You...you think someone in Konoha let him escape...but the only one who could do that, and delay both the Hunter nin and Kushina..."

Rei nodded, a grim expression on his face. "Exactly...Minato Namikaze, the Yondaime Hokage."

Rei was walking back to the Namikaze compound after his talk with Sasuke. Sasuke was now focused on getting answers from Itachi, which Rei gave his support to. Rei suddenly stopped as he detected a presence behind him. "I thought it would take longer for you to contact me...Danzō Shimura." An old man stepped out from the darkness, a cane in his left hand. He had bandages covering the right side of his face, and an X-shaped scar on his chin.

"You are an interesting person, Rei Namikaze...or should I say, Rei Babylon." A look of shock raced down Rei's face.

"How did you-?" Danzō held up a manilla folder, packed with papers. He tossed it to the ground, where it opened up to reveal files on Rei.

"It was simple. Every time you were called in for a checkup, you were given a blood test, yes? I took the liberty of taking the real test, giving an Abridged version to the Yondaime and official records. I had some Babylon blood from a few years back, and that was what your blood mainly identified with..." Danzō smirked. "You've been quite busy, Rei. Let's see...what DNA was injected into your body?"

"What do you mean, DNA?!" Yelled Rei, who took a step towards Danzō. He was sweating internally...to have been discovered so early...

"DNA of both the Shodai and Nidai Hokage, concentrated near your left arm, Active. Uchiha DNA, already completely merged, Active. DNA specific to Itachi Uchiha, concentrated to your recent sword wound. Uzumaki DNA, merged, Inactive. DNA of Orochimaru, right arm shows signs of initial injection, merged, Inactive. DNA of Kaguya clan, merged, no sign of Shikotsumyaku, however strengthened skeleton reported. Massive Chakra reserves, Bijuu chakra, strengthened skin, base DNA appears to be blood of now extinct Babylon clan." Danzō calmly repeated all of this.

"Now, let us make a deal, Rei. You appear to have been in contact with Orochimaru; that much is clear. I'll keep this a secret...in return, however..."

"You will become my weapon to protect Konoha. I run an organization called Root; we protect this village from the shadows. Surely you have realized Minato's involvement with the Uchiha Massacre? Konoha is becoming corrupted. We must cut it back down to the roots, and let it grow once more."

Rei stared at Danzō for a few seconds, before chuckling. "I wouldn't be so quick to blackmail me, Danzō. After all...you've been in contact with Orochimaru as well, and I'm sure you've benefited from the Uchiha Massacre. Remember; I have both Senju and Uchiha DNA. I can sense the sharingan in your right arm. It's smart, though. Making a supposed handicap into a strength!"

"I'll make you a deal, Danzō. Stay out of my way. Stay away from Sasuke and Naruto. In return, I'll make sure your little secret doesn't get out. Hell, I'll even support you becoming Hokage. You need a Jinchuuriki to protect Konoha? I'm your man. Kami knows Natsuki won't be able to handle it. So...what do you say, Shinobi No Yami?" Rei and Danzō stared at each other for a bit, before Danzō smirked.

"You'll make a grand tool for Konoha. I accept." Danzō began walking away, and said, "Oh. And make sure you go to Natsuki's party. I don't think you'll like what happens."

It was once again the night of the Kyuubi festival, and Rei and the others were at the Namikaze compound. Rei was once again wearing his girl kimono with the white Obi, sitting silently on the side with Naruto and Sasuke as the various clan heirs played with Natsuki. Soon, Minato and Kushina came in and began giving Natsuki presents. Sasuke glared slightly at the man he now believed to be responsible for his clan's murder.

Soon, all the presents were handed out. Natsuki got several new kunai and shuriken, an entire roll of top quality ninja wire, the Slug and Toad contracts, and several other knick knacks. Naruto and Rei, of course, were forgotten. Minato eventually tapped his glass with a fork, getting everyone's attention. "Natsuki, we have one more present to give to you. Your mother and I have been watching your training, and we believe you are the only one deserving of this...As of tonight, I, Minato Namikaze, declare Natsuki Namikaze the clan heir to the Namikaze clan!" Cheers erupted throughout the room...until Naruto suddenly stood up and walked out.

Rei sighed as Sasuke went out to try to calm Naruto down. So far his whole 'Make World Peace' plan was more trouble than it was worth.

It had been yet another few years, and was now the day of the Genin exam. After the disastrous Kyuubi festival where Natsuki was declared clan heir, Naruto had nearly split himself off from the Namikaze family, treating them as near-strangers. Rei had managed to teach Naruto the Rasengan, and even managed to help him invent a wind release version of it. Though, being on the receiving end of one of those babies during the Sixth Great Shinobi World War kinda forces you to either learn everything about the attack or die.

Naruto smirked as he disabled yet another of Mizuki's lame attempts at getting him to fail. He and Sasuke were competing for the Rookie of the Year position. Natsuki had somehow gained the title of Kunoichi of the Year, only due in part to Sakura Haruno becoming a full-time apprentice to Tsunade.

Eventually, the students were called in one at a time to perform the three basic jutsu. Naruto aced all three of the jutsus, but frowned when he saw Natsuki pass just a few minutes later. He grinned when Rei calmly walked out with a headband tied to his waist, and high-fived Sasuke who walked out with the title of Rookie of the Year. Iruka came our a few minutes later, with the Team Placements.

"Alright everyone. Team 10 is Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, and Choji Akimichi. Sensei is Asuma Sarutobi. Team Eight is Shino Aburame, Hinata Hyuuga, and Kiba Inuzuka. Sensei is Kurenai Yuhi. Team Seven is Rei Namikaze, Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Natsuki Namikaze. Sensei's are Kakashi Hatake and Kushina Namikaze. Dismissed!"

"What about teams 1-6?"

"No. You guys aren't special."

"My mom thinks I'm special..."

"Well, your mom's a skank."

"At least I HAVE a mom."

"Ah. Touché."

AN: And There! For those of you wondering, No, Rei does NOT have Dead Bone Pulse, only a strengthened skeletal system. And as for why Danzo didn't kill Rei? Rei has already proven he's stronger than he seems, and Danzo KNOWS Rei is a Jinchuuriki. He THINKS he can manipulate Rei into protecting Konoha and into eventually joining ROOT.
*]
[*Remember, Review, and post pairing ideas!
[//]
Sign up to rate and review this story