Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 10

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2014-01-09 - 692 words

0Unrated

Chapter 10, Sent back (Again)


“Dad!” I yelled as I made sure to stare the damn thing down. They were not getting me again.

“What?” Dad asked back from where he was telling his story to the Ponds.

“It’s another Angel!” I answered back, hoping he was on his way so I could blink.

“Don’t blink, Amelia.” Dad said and I could tell he was right behind me.

“Why do they keep showing up?” I asked and kept my eyes diligently on the statue.

“I honestly have no idea why.” Dad said as he came into view and studied the Angel using his screwdriver.

“Great...” I said sarcastically. “How do we get rid of it?”

“Um, we can’t... The best thing to do is run.” Dad said as he pulled me back gently. I continued to stare at the statue until we were about ten or so feet away we turned and ran. I saw that Rory, Amy and River were running with us, fast.

“Come on!” Dad said as we neared the exit of the cemetery. He was tugging a bit on my arm in anticipation of getting me out.

As we rounded to corner to the exit, I stopped suddenly and everybody stopped behind me. There was another angel blocking the way out.

“Now what?” I whispered to Dad.

“Find another way out?” He asked to no one. But as we turned around there was another, or maybe the same on from earlier and another one at its side. We were surrounded.

“Look at them!” Dad yelled and everyone complied.

But there must have been more than the three that were there, because everything turned black and wobbled again.


I realized before I even opened my eyes that I had been sent back, again. Looking around, I saw that I was no longer even in a cemetery, I was in a dark alleyway, and it was cold. And snowing.

“Where did you come from, boy?” Startled, I looked around and saw the question came from a squat man at the end of the alley. I started to walk towards him.

“I’m a girl, not a...” When I got closer to him, I could see what he looked like. His head was large and he didn’t have a neck, like his head was connected to his shoulders. “Boy.” I finished. Probably an alien.

“Strax? Where have you run off to?” A female voice rang through the alleyway.

“Over here, ma’am.” He replied. “Who are you?” He asked me.

“Amelia Pond Smith.” I answered truthfully. I had the feeling that lying would not help me one bit in this situation.

“Where did you come from?” He asked, repeating his question from earlier.

“Um... The future?” I asked, not sure if it was the right thing to say. The woman who Strax was answered to came over. She was wearing a victorian style black dress and had her face covered with a black veil.

“How did you get here?” She asked.

“I got touched by this weeping angel statue and it sent me back.” I said slowly. “Who are you?”

“I am Madame Vastra.” She said and pulled back her veil. She had a somewhat humanoid face, but it was lizard like and covered in scales.

“The Lizard lady.” I whispered, remembering another story from my past.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing, just a story that my Dad told me when I was little...”

“I see, and who is your father?”

“Um, his about this tall,” I said, waving my hand above my head, “has floppy hair, a big chin, wears a tweed jacket and he thinks bow ties are cool.”

“He thinks bow ties are cool?” She questioned, a slight smile playing at the edges of her mouth.

“Yeah, and he has this blue police box thats called the TARDIS.”

“A blue police box?” Vastra repeated and looked at Strax. “I think you should come with us.”

“Why? Do you know who I’m talking about?” I question. Dad never did the whole “stranger danger” thing with me, but I’m not stupid.

“Yes, we know the Doctor.”
Sign up to rate and review this story