Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Silence

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Rose finds herself in for a shocking surprise.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-02-01 - 632 words - Complete

0Unrated
Silence:

-Rose-

I seem to have hit another crisis. This one hit weeks back on the first day of December. I woke up that morning feeling like I was going to vomit. This went on for three more days before I actually started throwing up. At first, I thought I had a stomach bug that I caught near the end of November. However, I felt like I needed a little morale support.

"Nessa," I whispered across the cubicle. "Nessa, Nessa!" My office friend looked up at me with her big, blue eyes.

"Yes?" she whispered back. I shifted in place in my chair.

"You doing anything this afternoon?" I asked.

"Hang on," she said. Nessa reached into her bag and pulled out her cell phone. After scrolling through her calendar, she shook her head, sighing.

"Sorry," she said. "I'm busy today. Why, what's the problem?" I shifted my eyes away from her.

"Oh, no reason," I said. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"Alright..." she said uneasily.

"Sorry to bother you," I said. I went back to typing before she could say another word. Throughout the whole day, I fought down my sickness. About three o'clock, I couldn't take it anymore. I rushed all the way to Katherine's office. I could feel more sick coming up to my mouth as I pounded on the door.

"Yes?" I heard her ask. I pushed over the door, nearly falling over. My boss looked up at with a gasp.

"Are you alright?" she asked. I looked up at her, gasping for air while keeping down my sick.

"Could I please leave early for the clinic?" I forced out of my mouth. "I think I have a stomach bug." I pressed my hand over my mouth to keep back any sick that could come out. Katherine noticed my face and rose to her feet.

"Sure, hold on, I'll walk you out," she said. I nodded as I tried to swallow back vomit. I only made it to elevator before I threw up again. Katherine frowned when it got on her shoes. I looked up at her rather sheepishly.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"It's okay, dear," she said through clenched teeth. "How long have you been sick like this?"

"A couple of days," I said.

"Have you seen a doctor yet?" Katherine asked.

"I'll go today," I whimpered as I wiped my mouth.

"You don't need me to come with you, do you?" she asked. I quickly shook my head.

"No, I'm fine now," I said. "Thanks. I'm sorry about your shoes. Here." I handed my boss a tissue.

"That's okay, thanks," she said. I walked all the way to my car as she did the best she could cleaning off her shoes. I made it all the way to the clinic for what I thought would be some simple stomach medicine. However, things took an odd turn when the nurse started to ask me questions about my period.

"E-Excuse me?" I asked.

"We're going to need you to take a quick test for us," the nurse explained. I looked at her with big eyes as I shook my head.

"You think I'm...?" I began to ask. The nurse put her hand on my shoulder.

"We just want to be able to rule out everything," she said in a calm voice. I shook my head at her.

"There's no way," I mumbled.

"We just need to be certain," the nurse insisted. I pressed my lips together and nodded. She handed me the test to pee on and I waited for three minutes afterwards. When I saw the results on the stick, all color drained from my face.

I saw one pink plus sign on the stick. I thought that I would die inside.

I am Voodoo Child
Sign up to rate and review this story