Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Honerable Mention

where can I go when I want you around....

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Pari calls someone to ask for help. someone who she hasn't talked to in a long time.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-15 - Updated: 2014-02-15 - 1497 words

0Unrated
The whole time Cari was gone Pete just kept calling and texting. It wsnt until she was finaly home when she decided to answer his call.

"what Pete?" she said coldly.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you all day. where have you been?" he asked.

"does it matter? yournot my boyfriend Pete, remember?"

"what ever. I'm on my way over right now. and your right, I'm sorry I'm not your boyfriend."

"why are you coming over?"

"I just want to see you."

"yeah, okay. I don't actually need personal space or anything."

"fine." he sighed. "sorry to bother you then" he hung up.

Cari really didn't want to see Pete right now, it just didn't feel right to her. five minutes into making herself dinner her doorbell rang. she cursed to herself knowing it was someone who she didn't want to be around, which was pretty everyone. she decided to answer the door and deal with it.

"hey. I came over anyway, I missed you. I doubt you felt the same way though." Pete said sadly. she let him in and went back to the kitchen with Pete following behind her.

"hungry?" she asked getting out plates and putting them onto the table.

"no, thanks" he said with a half smile.

"whats wrong?" she asked getting a plate of food and sitting down at the counter bar and patting the stool beside her urging him to sit with her. he sat down on the seat and started to speak.

"I just think I just annoy you so I feel like we shouldn't hang out anymore." Pete said.
Cari stared at Pete wide eyed and quiet.

"you need your personal space so I think I'm going to give it to you." he continued.
all of a sudden Cari's food in her mouth didn't taste very good. her muscles froze up causing her to drop her fork. Cari didn't want to have theses feelings for Pete, but it wasn't her fault that she did anyway. It was obvious that sleeping with Patrick hadn't helped, it just took the anger she had for Pete away.

"your breaking u-" Cari cut herself off before she had said the whole thing, but it was still too late. Pete had a confused look on his face.

"what are you talking about Cari? were not together." his words felt like a punch to the gut, was that he'd been feeling? Cari felt like she didn't want this to be happening even though this is what she had wished for the whole time. she quickly tries to think of something to say.

"okay" was all she could manage still in shock. she felt like a mirror that had been slammed onto the floor and shattered into a million pieces. she had been so mean to him, and had drove him away.

"I'm sorry" she muttered but knew it wouldn't fix anything. she had done things he hadn't even learned about yet.

"Its fine. you just didn't want me. Its nothing to be sorry over. I'm going to get going now, I'll see you though." he said walking away. Cari didn't even feel like getting up and letting him out.


For three days no one even called or sent her a text her Pete meant what he said, and she purposely freaked Patrick out too bad for him to call her. She was alone again just like in the beginning but she wasn't happy like she use to be she just wished that she hadn't done so many bad things to Pete, he had offered to care about her. no one cared about her, ever. Cari was wallowing on the couch again swearing to herself over and over again she wouldn't push anyone else away when she got a call.

"hello?" she asked not even looking at the phone to see who was on the other end.

"we should talk." Patrick said sternly.

"I know. Look I just said all those things to freak you out the other day, I didn't mean them, so If your mad at me or what ever, or creeped out and don't want to talk to me anymore I understand." Cari said flatly.

"really? it was a joke?"

"yup"

"well that's awesome! do you want to go out tonight or something?" he said cheerfully.

"no, I'm kind of depressed"

"was it me that did it?" Patrick asked regretfully.

"a little."

oh, well I'm sorry. I do like you. and I didn't mean to not call. you just kind of scared me. are you sure? I promise I'll make up for it"

"I'm sorry Patrick, I really don't feel like it."

"can I call you tomorrow?" he asked.

"you mean three days from now?" Cari asked sarcastically then hung up. great she did it again drove Patrick away. she broke down and started to cry. she began to dial a number she knew too well into her phone.

"Cari?" the woman's voice answered.

"hey mom" she sniffled into the phone.

"you haven't called me mom since you were a kid. have you been crying?" she asked.

"yeah, I have a question, since your a therapist and all. why an I so mean to people? why do I drive everyone away? why am I such a monster?"


"oh Cari. your not a monster. your just not good at being close to people and showing or receiving affection. I've always felt like that was mine and your father's fault, we were away from you so much when you were growing up because of our busy jobs you just started getting angry even if someone hugged you. we never showed you the affection and love that you needed and deserved. you can change all that though, you can make it better you are not a monster Cari. we love you. are you having boy problems?"


"yeah, I guess so. you know him."

"oh so its the famous Mr. Wentz is it?"she laughed. "your father and I some how always knew this would happen. we knew you use to have a thing for him when you were younger."

"if you guys knew, how come you never told me you knew him?" Cari asked.

"well, your father never wanted it to happen, he said rock stars are dangerous, but that was just him being an over protective dad I think. But I've gotten a chance to really talk to that boy and he's a good guy, he has a lot of depression problems, but hes sweet. you should give him a chance."


"thanks mom"

"anytime sweetie. I mean it. were not only here for money, you know were parents too." she laughs. they both say good bye and Cari immediately calls Pete. it took him a while but he finally picked up.


"hey" he said.

"I talked to my mom. I was crying, and I talked to her."

"about me?" he asked confused.

"yeah. and I just wanted to say I'm so sorry I keep pushing you away. I just figured out why I do that. look, I really need to talk to you in person is there any way you could be here soon?"


"yeah, I was going to hang out with Patrick, since his new girlfriend or what ever decided not to. But let me just call him and tell him I cant make it, okay?" Cari felt scared Pete would find out about her and Patrick but there was nothing she could do.

"okay."

"kay, be there in a minute." they hung up and Cari waited on edge for about thirty minutes. what was taking so long? just then her phone wrung she fumbled quickly to answer it.

"hello?" she answered.

"hey. okay so why are you hanging out with Pete but you wont hang out with me? I thought he made you uncomfortable?" Patrick asked. the knock on her door drowned out Cari's explanation she was going to give to Patrick. "


"Can't explain right now. but i will, I promise." she hung up the phone. and ran to awnser the door.

"come in Pete!" she smiled. they both sat down.

"so you needed to talk?" he asked. "wait let me just start out by saying I missed you so much" he smiled.

"I really missed you too Pete. That's why I'm trying to figure out myself. for you. I want to be your girlfriend Pete." Cara's words made Pete's eyes light up.

"yes! this is awesome! I have a girlfriend now!"

"wait there's more and I don't think you'll be very exited after this but I have to tell ou or else I'll never be happy with you. I slept with Patrick." Cari's eyes filled with tears as she looked at Pete's shocked face. "I'm so sorry. I'f you'll let me work on myself I'll try to be a better person, I swea-"

"I just don't know Cari." he said standing up. he looked angry but spoke normally.






Sign up to rate and review this story