Categories > Books > Dracula > Seductions of the Dark

Chapter 5

by rainia_nytewolf 0 reviews

Same as first

Category: Dracula - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 501 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5- The Castle and the Resurrection

Rainia frowned as she looked at the castle that had once stood so proud. Now it was left in ruins, to rot there like a corpse. "My god...why on earth did they let Vlad's castle get this ruined? So much for honoring the dead," She growled, a frown marring her pretty face.

Alexia bit her lip and shrugged not knowing what to say. "Well, we can always dip into your trust fund and ask the president if we can fix it up."

Rainia stopped in mid-thought and looked over at Alexia. "Alex, if you weren't my best friend I would kiss you for that."

Alex laughed, seeing Rainia look excited for the first time in years it seemed. "Is that a yes?"

"Most definitely."

Hours of exhausting debating later, Rainia emerged from the president's office and grinned triumphantly at her best friend. "Let's go fix that castle up!"

Alex punched the air and grinned. "Alright!"

For days on end the two girls worked, poslishing, mopping, sweeping and adding new things to the Castle. They hired a carpenter to work on the outside while they worked on modernizing the inside of it. "Ok, now we need furniture..." Rainia mumbled as she looked around what was to be the living room.

"Why?" Alex asked coming in from the kitchen, covered with chemicals and dirt.

"To live here of course!" Rainia exclaimed as if Alex was crazy.

"The pres said we could live here?"

"Yeah, as long as we let tourists come up here and such."

"Cool!"

"Let's go get our stuff and go shopping."

Alex grimaced. "Can I take a shower first?"

(Author's notes-ok, this part may confuse you a bit because this is my first Dracula fic and I'm not sure how to do his coming back to life part but here it goes...)

Deep within the rich Transylvanian soil, a creature stirred. Blood red eyes opened and slowly turned to a fiery emerald green. The creature looked around, realizing he was in a coffin below the earth. He awoke to the knowledge that centuries had passed and something was happening.

Using what strength he had, he threw the coffin lid off. Earth spewed up as the lid flew out from its bowels. The creature known as Dracula had risen once more. A ragged and raspy breath was drawn into his lungs as he looked around.

His castle. It looked...fantastic. She had lovingly restored it to its old glory. The realization struck him as he looks at it in an almost awe-like state. Nodding in slight approval he turned and swept off into the night to feed.

Rainia sat abruptly up in bed, breathing heavily. What had that been? It was as though she had awoken from a centuries old coma. Trying to calm her frayed nerves she sighed and shook her head. No, it wasn't possible. Vlad was not a vampire...or was he?

And if he was, why did he want her?
Sign up to rate and review this story