Categories > Books > Dracula > Seductions of the Dark

Chapter 6

by rainia_nytewolf 0 reviews

Same as first

Category: Dracula - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 665 words

0Unrated
Author's Notes - Part of this chapter was written by my first co-writer.

Chapter 6

Alexia pounced on Rainia's bed, causing the other girl to groan and open her eyes. Yawning, she looked at her friend who was bouncing happily on the bed. "Ok, Alex, what are you on and why aren't you sharing?"

Alexia giggled and shook her head. "It's nothing honest, just someone sent you something..."

Rainia raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"No idea, though they seem to know your favorite flower." Alexia said, stopping and looking at Rainia. "You don't think..."

"Don't think what?"

"That maybe Vlad is back from the dead?" Alexia said, grinning slightly.

"Alex..." Rainia said in a tone of warning.

"What? I was looking through some of those papers this morning and I think they're on to something."

"Huh?" Rainia asked, not believing that Alexia had actually read something other than comic books for once.

"Well, just look at the signs. His body was never found, he drank blood..."

"So? A lot of people do that."

"Yeah, the Goths who pretend they're vampires for the fun of it." Alexia replied, waving her hand.

Rainia shook her head and rose from her bed. "So what's this thing that someone sent for me?"

"Oh! It's downstairs, on the kitchen table.­ Well, some of it is. C'mon!" Alex grabbed Rainia's hand and proceeded to drag her downstairs to the kitchen. "See?"

Pushing open the door to the kitchen, Alexia's grin broadened even more as she watched Rainia's face.

There, in a vase on the center of the table; scattered over the counters; tied around the doorknob of each cupboard; tucked into the curtains and everywhere else, were blue roses.

"There are even petals on the floor," said the exited Alex, scooping some up and pouring them over her speechless friends head.

Rainia didn't notice. She seemed to be in a trance. Her fingers grazed the blue petals over the counters, but not really feeling them. There was something so familiar about this, the setting of the blue roses, the sweet scent of them flowing into her, and a voice so soft, so comforting, yet dangerous.

Rainia, you're home­ again...­

You'll see me again, beloved­

Soon.


"Rainia!" Alexia was getting worried. She picked a rose off of the table and tapped the girl on the head with it. "Earth to Rainia."

Finally, Rainia looked at her and was about to speak when she saw something from the corner of her eyes. A small piece of paper flew gently in the air behind Alex, almost in a supernatural way. Turning around, Alex snatched it out of the air and after a moment, looked up again.

"Somebody really likes you," she said, handing it to Rainia.

The paper was thick and it smelt like roses, although she wasn't sure if it was from the room or the actual paper.

You fill my heart with light

You blind the darkness

With who you are

You are mine

For eternity


"There's no signature," she said after reading it and turning it over.

Alex took the paper from Rainia's hands and read it,blinking rapidly. "Well..that's kinda..strange. Nice poem though."

Rainia bit her lip,her mind a mix of confused emotions. She wanted to cry yet at the same time felt happier then she had in years. "I don't know how I should react..I've never actually dealt with this kind of stuff before."

"Hey, you think I have?Hell, I was known as the Prude Princess in Middle School,remember?"Alexia said,trying to lighten the mood.

Rainia smiled,trying her best to keep a straight face."Yeah..I remember.."

"Back to the subject at hand, I honestly want to know who this guy is..or was,for that matter, in your past life."

"I..I think I was married to him once..and I died.."Rainia sighed and shook her head."Everything before or after is really blurry...like my mind doesn't want me to know.."
Sign up to rate and review this story