Categories > TV > Supernatural > Twinchesters

Up To No Good

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

The girls get into a lot of trouble, all thanks to a hellish king and an even worse angel.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2014-05-27 - 3307 words

0Unrated
For the past week, I’ve been feeling nothing but apathetic. I’ve been an idiot. That black smoke never crossed my mind. Not even once. Sam and Dean have been trying to sympathise with me by telling them that's how their mother died. But it wasn't the same. They didn't resent their mother for doing nothing wrong. I've been an idiot. Even Hozzie's been more outgoing than me right now, and she's quite a shy person. She's really taken a liking to this whole hunting thing. She prefers the books to the physical training. Probably because this sort of thing interests her. Whereas I've been just lying down on my bed, and whoever was supposed to be training me would be trying to get me out of bed. I only got up to eat or go to the bathroom. I've just been too busy replaying the moment in my head over and over again. I can't believe I’ve been such an idiot.

“Penina, this isn't fair.” Hozzie said, storming into our room. “Just get up.” She ordered.

“Nothing good can come of it.” I said in a very monotone voice.

“Yes it can. Listen, the sooner we learn how to hunt, the sooner we'll manage to get revenge on whoever this demon was that killed mum. But you need to learn. I promise it's not too bad. The first day's always the worst, but you just need to get into the hang of things.” She said. I shook my head.

“I don't want to be a hunter. In fact, I don't really want to do anything. What I really want is to be back home. A couple of weeks ago, we were fine. My hair was still blue, and school was finally starting to turn alright again. Now it's like it was just over a year ago. Mum is dying constantly in my head. I can't stop it. It's like that bloody demon is in my head, taunting me.” I told her in my most usual moody voice. I wasn't angry at Hozzie. Just at everything, and now I have to pay the consequences for something I never wanted to happen in the first place.

“What do you realistically want to do?” She asked. She also knew that I wasn't angry at her, which made everything so much easier. I just shook my head.

“I wanna go out. On my own. Just for a walk. I just want to explore. I want to see this new world that we're in.” I told her. She nodded her head.

“So just go. Not for long, and not far, but just go for a short walk. I think it'll be good for you.” She said. I nodded my head, sniffed, and wiped away my tears which I had no clue even fell.

“Why are you so understanding?” I asked.

“I don't know. I'm older than you by 7 minutes. I didn't see what you did. Just make sure that you're safe, alright?” She said. I nodded my head.

I put my shoes on, put my phone in my pocket, and left. Luckily Sam and Dean were nowhere in sight, so I didn't have to face all their questions. I'd save that for when I get back and it's already too late for them to do anything. I just took a stroll, barely looking up from my feet throughout the whole walk, which was obviously a big mistake. I don't have a very good sense of direction anyway, and I ended up getting lost. The outside looked pretty much identical from just outside the bunker apart from the massive rabbit hole door. I wasn't frightened to be fair. I was just confused.

“Need any help, sweetheart?” A voice asked. I turned around and faced the British sounding man. He was wearing an awful lot of black which happened to match the colour of his hair. He didn't look too sleazy, but I was still weary of him. Still, it was sort of comforting to have a British person around besides Hozzie and I.

“Do you know where that big looking rabbit hole is?” I asked, hoping that he would have at least the smallest idea of what I was talking about.

“Well, you're going in the wrong direction. It's about a mile behind you.” He said pointing in that direction. Crap. I didn't realise I’ve been out long enough to walk a mile, and now I have to walk another one. I looked up at the man and gave him an appreciative smile.

“Thank you.” I said. I then turned around and began walking.

“What's your name, love?” He asked. I didn't feel like giving him my real identity. Whether he was innocent or not, I was too freaked out at the moment to tell anyone anything new, so I decided to use my mothers name.

“Clara.” I lied, wanting to hurry up and leave as far as possible.

“Clara, you do realise that where you're going is completely abandoned, right?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. I'm meeting my friend there. It's the only noticeable place on this road.” I lied again. I was surprisingly good at giving out false information.

“Well, girlie, you'd better run.” He said. If that wasn't enough to make a human scare the hell out of me, within a blink, his eyes turned red. However, it wasn't enough to make me run. I should've been prepared for this. I probably might have been if I didn't skip all the training I was offered.

“What are you?” I asked. His eyes then turned back to normal, and he looked slightly offended.

“You don't appear to be very frightened.” He stated. I shrugged.

“Maybe it's because you're not very frightening. Can you please answer my question?” I asked. I guess the main reason as to why I wasn't running to the bunker is because I just didn't care. I didn't care if I died, because then I'd be able to see my mum. I'd be able to tell her that I'm sorry. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to die. I just wouldn't mind.

“The name's Crowley, king of hell.” He introduced, holding out his hand for me to shake. I just folded my arms. I wasn't in the mood for a meet and greet with hell's monarchy.

“What can I do for you?” I asked, still incredibly moody and unwilling to answer anybody's questions.

“Well, you've ruined the whole element of surprise part of this, and I was really hoping to chase after you. So I suppose the real question is what can I do for you?” He asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Piss off?” I suggested. He laughed in a very manic way. Not that I would've expected anything less.

“Good one. No thanks. I think I'll just escort you to your destination.” He said. I guess that I couldn't exactly say no to him. I mean, what else could I do? Sam and Dean would definitely know what to do with him. “So, do you know anything about the Winchester brothers?” He asked. I just shook my head. “Then why are you going to their new little house?” He questioned again.

“To seek refuge away from you, maybe?” I said in a very snarky tone.

“Come on, Clara. There's no need to be this way.” He said in a sickening voice. I groaned.

“Can you just shut up for the rest of the walk, alright? I don't even want you with me anyway.” I snapped at him. He just held his hands up in surrender and walked with me. To tell you the truth, it was a bit of a weird walk back due to being unwillingly escorted by the king of hell. I sighed knowing I was going to regret knocking on the bunker door, but as soon as I did, Dean opened with an angry look on his face, and then a look of surprise while seeing Crowley. Sam wasn't too far behind.

“Hello, boys.” He said.

“What are you doing near our sister, Crowley?” Dean asked.

“Oh, I bumped into this woman while taking a leisurely stroll to the bunker. She seemed a little lost.” He said. I looked at him with a clearly annoyed look on my face.

“You knew who I was this entire time?” I asked. Crowley nodded his head.

“Guilty as charged.” He said.

“Why are you here?” Sam asked, taking my arm and pulling me inside.

“Well, how do I put this lightly. Word's going around that you're trying to kill one of my treasured subjects, and I'm afraid that you just can't. A lot has changed in the past year. Haven't we already lost enough lives because of this?” He asked over-enthusiastically. Hozzie ran up to me to silently check if I was okay. With a nod of my head she knew I was fine.

“How about I kill you right now and we don't have to hear any more of your crap?” Dean said, pulling out a gun. I gasped and took a step back, Hozzie holding on to me the whole time.

“Not another one of your devil trap bullets? It's getting so boring!” Crowley said sounding amused. “Fine, we'll talk later.” He said, and without saying another word, he vanished in thin air. Dean slammed the door and then looked at me with anger evident in his eyes.

“I know. Alright? I know. I'm sorry.” I said, trying to prevent him from lecturing me. He shook his head.

“Not good enough. What did you do to make sure he was a demon or not?” He asked. I stared at him blankly then looked down. I already felt like utter shit. I didn't need him to remind me of how stupid I was being.

“I asked him what he was.” I mumbled.

“What was that?” He asked coldly.

“I asked him what he was.” I said a bit clearer.

“Oh, alright. You asked him.” He said in a vicious and sarcastic voice.

“Dean, stop.” Sam ordered.

“Or what? Or Penina doesn't learn the consequences of not knowing what to do when she sees these things and dies?” He asked angrily.

“Alright, Dean. Stop!” Hozzie snapped. We all looked at her in shock. “No, she didn't know, alright? But to be fair, we've been fine without knowing any of this stuff for over 17 years, and we've all had our own demons to battle with.” She continued. I was really proud of her. It was hard enough for her to stand up for herself, let alone anyone else. Dean sighed.

“Hozzie, as true as that may be, what would you have done if she didn't come home when she did? What if she said or did the wrong thing? What if we had to go looking for her and she wasn't found alive?” Dean asked. Hozzie shrugged.

“Crossroad deal.” She answered. I have no idea what she was talking about, but it obviously meant something big as it got a reaction out of Dean.

“You're as crazy as us.” Dean said, smiling.

“Look, I know that I’ve been an idiot. I've just had a tough week, and I just needed to go on a walk to sort out my head. But honestly, you should be thanking that ass hole right now. I've never wanted to know how to kill those things more in my life.” I announced. Sam giggled.

“Yeah, he's a massive dick. Alright. What do you wanna start off with? Theory or practical?” Sam asked.

“Theory.” I answered. Dean nodded his head.

“Saving the best for last then?” He asked. I shook my head.

“I've got too much adrenaline for this to be safe. I need to relax before I try to kill you out of excitement.” I answered.

“You're so weird.” Hozzie said with a smile on her face. I just shrugged.

“I'm blaming genetics because there's no way any of you three are sane.” I joked. “When can we start going on hunts?” I asked.

“Slow down there. Not any time soon. We need to make sure that you're prepared for anything. So let's get started on training, alright?” Sam suggested. I nodded my head and followed him as Hozzie and Dean went outside.

After an afternoon of useful knowledge which ended up boring my very soul, Hozzie and I were allowed a break. I actually learned quite a lot about demons and how Sam and Dean knew about Crowley. As it turns out, they had a lot of history. Hozzie and I ended up going to explore the bunker.

“So, are you feeling better?” She asked as we walked past another seemingly uninteresting room. It just had a lot of symbols scribbled on it. I recognised a couple thanks to today's training, but otherwise it all looked pretty meaningless.

“Yeah. I think so. Seeing a demon face to face made me realise that they're pretty deceiving things. God, I hate them!” I said venomously. “Hey, can I ask you a question?”

“Go ahead.” She said.

“Well, remember the second to last time dad came?” I asked. She nodded her head.

“How can I forget? Him and mum were hurting my ears with all their shouting.” She confirmed.

“Yeah, that sucked. But he bought us presents, remember? That's why the whole argument started. God knows why. Maybe mum knew about what he really did. Anyway, do you remember what he gave you?” I asked her. She nodded her head.

“Yeah. It was some sort of upside-down star. Only now I know it's an anti-possession symbol. He told me to wear it at all times, which I did for a while, but then when he didn't show up for ages I thought there was no point and I tried to forget about him. Then I wore it a bit after mum died, and I only saw it again when I packed it last week.” She answered.

“Do you remember what I got?” I asked her. She shook her head.

“Another kind of necklace, I know that much.” She answered. I nodded my head.

“Yeah, except I think it's something else. Remember how Castiel was talking about how Dean threw away his amulet? I think it was that. I mean, it was pretty much described the exact same way. Plus, it's not very likely that they're just similar. I mean, it was dad who gave it to me. He probably found it wherever Dean threw it.” I told her.

“Wait a sec, you think you have something which can pretty much detect god himself?” She questioned. I nodded my head.

“I don't think dad knew, though. I'm pretty sure he just gave it to me because he wanted me to connect to Dean somehow, and yours must've been with Sam. He just wanted to get us to know our brothers in some weird way. Anyway, I'm thinking when I come across it when we eventually unpack our things, I'll wear it and see if they notice.” I told her. She shrugged her shoulders.

“I don't know, Penina. Why can't you just tell them?” She asked.

“Because it's much more fun this way. Then I'll just tell them the whole story of how I got it. I mean, I know it's not really something to joke about, but they kinda took us away from our lives. I think we deserve to have a little fun with them.” I told her.

“You're twisted, Penina.” She said giggling.

“Well, what are you gonna do?” I asked rhetorically. All of a sudden, we found ourselves in a dead end, and when we turned around to leave, the door disappeared in front of our very eyes. “Shit!” I exclaimed.

“You should've told me, Penina.” A deep voice said. I turned around, and Castiel was there. We hadn't seen him in a few days. He said he was trying to find heaven.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“The amulet. I need the amulet. Right now.” He demanded.

“Okay, calm down. Just let us out of this place and I'll get it for you.” I told him.

“That's not good enough. Tell me where it is.” He said. For some reason, he sounded very different. I'm thinking that this whole heavenly hide and seek is taking a toll on him.

“It's in one of my suitcases I think. If not it's back at home somewhere.” I told him.

“Can you let us out now, Cas?” Hozzie asked.

“Oh, right. About that. I'm not Castiel.” He said. After what looked like a wave going through his body, his appearance changed dramatically. He looked a lot older. He looked like he was a clown only without the make up and costume. “I'm Metatron. You should probably tell your brothers about this. Only I sincerely doubt it's going to help. Well, close your eyes girls. I wouldn't want you to get hurt.” He said. As soon as he said it, a bright light began erupting from him. Hozzie and I shielded our eyes, and after the whole sensation of it was gone, we opened our eyes again. The door was back, and we ran to the dining room. Sam and Dean seemed to be deep in conversation until we interrupted them. They looked up at us in panic.

“I'm sorry!” I said. I knew that they weren't going to be pleased about this.

“What did you do?” Dean asked. I shook my head.

“It was this guy called Metatron. He looked like he was Castiel then changed into this other guy. I don't know. But he's looking for your amulet.” I said.

“What do you mean? Why would he be asking you for Dean's amulet?” Sam asked.

“Long story short, about 2 years ago dad came to visit us and gave us each a present, and mine was what I'm now thinking is your amulet, and I just told Hozzie, then Metatron trapped us, and I don't know what he's going to do with it.” I said.

“Hold on, you're saying dad gave it to you 2 years ago? That's not possible.” Sam said.

“What do you mean?” Hozzie asked.

“Because he died 8 years ago.” Dean answered.

“Well, listen, we saw him for the last time about 6 months before mum died, so whether or not it was him or something that only looked like him, I don't know. But the big picture right now is that Metatron is trying to find god.” I said.

“Well if he looked like Castiel, the real big picture is that he's not safe.” Dean said.

“Or that dad's alive. Whatever it is, we need to figure it out. Now.” Sam said.

“Can we come with you?” Hozzie asked. She hated being left without a guardian wherever she is, and this big creepy bunker isn't exactly comforting.

“Yes, but you're not leaving the motel. Pack up some things. We could be gone for a week, I don't know.” Dean answered. Hozzie and I ran up to our room and began packing what we were sure we needed.

“I hope Castiel's okay.” Hozzie said. I nodded my head.

“Me too. He's probably the only person who hasn't been forcing us to do anything so far.” I told her.

“Listen, he'll be okay. I promise. He's good at being okay. We just need to find him.” She said. I nodded my head.

“Which means that we're going to have to leave the motel. I don't care what Sam and Dean say. We need to save Cas.” I said with determination in my voice. There's no way I would let Castiel suffer from the hands of Metatron, and I would defy my own mother in order to bring him back.

I hope you liked it! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story