Categories > TV > Supernatural > Twinchesters

An Afternoon Stroll

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

The girls end up catching up on their lives while trying to find Castiel.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2014-05-27 - 2820 words

0Unrated
After a day of planning and driving to the motel, we still had around 5 hours left to go. Hozzie was fast asleep, and Sam was getting there. As tired as I feel, I can never sleep in the car. It's weird. All I can do is stay awake and I need some sort of entertainment. The battery for my phone was almost run out, so I couldn't put my music on anymore even though my headphones worked wonders. So I was just bored as hell.

“Alright, I'm gonna stop for some pie. Do any of you want anything?” Dean whispered as to not wake up Hozzie. I shook my head.

“Can I go in with you? I need to stretch my legs a bit.” I answered.

“Sure. Sammy can sit in the back when we go out.” He said.

“What? Why?” He asked. All of our voices were still very quiet.

“Because Penina hasn't slept on this journey once, and I'm gonna need some company when you doze off.” Dean said as he pulled up to a small petrol station. Apparently there are some mini-supermarkets at every single one, so there's always something you can have. Right now it's almost 10 in the evening, so I needed to do all I could to conserve my energy until we got to the motel. Dean and I got out of the car, and Sam went in the back.

“So, you do this all the time?” I asked Dean as we walked into the shop.

“Yeah. Pretty much. It's not as bad as it seems.” He answered.

“Are you kidding? It's not bad at all. I mean, yeah, the real reason why we're doing this isn't for anything good, but I love road trips. Especially at night. There's no traffic and I don't know. I love it.” I told him. Dean nodded his head.

“Then maybe this life will treat you well. But I gotta warn ya, it's not all too great either.” He said as he picked up a few apple pie's sitting on the shelf. I picked up a couple of chocolate milks. I can never grow too old for them.

“Why not?” I asked him. He gave an inconspicuous look to the half asleep cashier, then looked back at me.

“I'll tell you in the car.” He said as we walked to the counter. We placed the pie and milkshakes by the till, and the man looked up at Dean.

“Would you like a bag?” He asked. Dean nodded his head.

“Please.” He said in a charming but non-flirty way. The man turned around, and then faced us again with a knife in his hand and black eyes. Even though I could feel my heart pumping in my throat, I couldn't help but feel like these demons can't just tell us upfront what they are. Dean just sighed out of boredom. “Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Audi nos!” He chanted. All through whatever he was saying, the man was screaming in agony, and all of a sudden black smoke poured out of his mouth and into the vents, and the man collapsed.

“Dean, what the hell just happened?” I asked.

“He was a demon. The guy's fine, but we need to go.” He said. He grabbed our stuff in one hand, and grabbed mine in the other, then ran out of the shop. We got into the car hurriedly, and sped off. Luckily we didn't wake up Sam and Dean.

“Well, that was odd.” I whispered. He nodded his head.

“I know. But it'll be alright.” He said.

“What did you mean earlier? You said this life isn't too great either. What's so bad about it other than the danger?” I asked. He sighed.

“Let's just say in our line of business, you rarely see a grey-haired hunter. Even if they're retired, they're still pretty young.” He explained. I looked down at my fingers, even though it was barely visible due to the sheer lack of light, and twiddled my thumbs.

“So what you're saying is that it's not just dangerous, but it's deadly?” I asked. He sighed and nodded his head.

“Yeah. But I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Sam and I have died plenty of times. As long as you get into heaven, you'll be fine.” He told me.

“You guys have died?” I asked in shock.

“Yeah. One day we'll tell you and Hozzie all about the things we've done and how we've come back.” He told me. I nodded my head.

“Sounds interesting.” I said. After a lot of mindless chatter, we made it to the motel. There wasn't much to the place. It had very unflattering décor, and extremely questionable stains on the bed sheets. I didn't have much time to appreciate it though. As soon as I got changed I collapsed into one of the beds and fell fast asleep. I woke up again pretty late in the day. I knew this because it was Hozzie waking me up, and she only wakes me up if I've slept past midday.

“Time to get up.” She said. I looked around in confusion. Then I realised where we were and it didn't seem too strange anymore.

“Where are Sam and Dean?” I asked. She passed me a sheet of paper.

Hey guys,

We've gone out to try and find any whereabouts of Castiel or dad. We've left salt on the tables, and we've put some in any open area. That means under doors, on windowsills, you name it. Don't break the lines. It's what stops any potential demons from coming in.

There are a few books we've left for you guys to read to keep you occupied. You've got our number for emergencies, and there's money for pizza when you want it. We should be back by around 9. So stay safe.

Love Sam and Dean

xx

I sighed and then put the note on my night stand.

“Alright. I'll go shower and then we can read up for half an hour, and then we can go and try to join the boys.” I said. She shook her head.

“Penina, we really shouldn't. I don't know about you, but I feel like ever since we left England, whenever we decide to do something we end up in some deep shit.” She said. I shrugged.

“Yeah, but I’m so bored. I’d pick trouble over boredom any day. Besides, I don't intend on letting Castiel be in trouble either. Honestly, he's the best friend we've got right now, and I don't want to let him down.” I said. She nodded her head.

“Fine. We'll go. But you're sticking with me, not the other way round. I don't want to be in any more trouble than needed.” She said. I nodded my head.

“Scouts honour.”

“You were never in the scouts.”

“Well, I promise. Whatever. You know what I mean.” I said. She nodded her head and then started reading. I went to do my morning routine just before I joined her. As I was brushing my hair in the mirror, I realised that my orange was starting to fade. It's around this time that I tend to wonder about what colour it's going to be next, but right now I sincerely doubt I'll be able to have it dyed for a while. I brushed my hair and put my wet strands up in a ponytail. I can never be bothered to dry it with a hair-dryer, so I just let it dry naturally. “Dean exorcised a demon yesterday. We stopped off to get some snacks, and the cashier was a demon. Anyway, Dean did this whole exorcism chant thing, and the demon left the guys body. It was weirdly awesome.” I told her.

“Seriously? Do you know what he said?” She asked. I shook my head and grabbed a book.

“I'm going to try and look it up in one of these things.” I told her. I flicked through page after page. I have a natural thirst for knowledge, and when I want to know something, I don't let it go easily. I finally found something that looked like the exorcism Dean said last night, and I tried my best to pronounce the words, but it was no use. It didn't sound right coming out of my mouth. I'll ask Dean about it later. In fact, I got so engrossed in what the book was saying, that I completely lost track of time. It's been an hour since I got out of the shower, and I stood up rather quickly, making Hozzie jump.

“What are you doing now?” She asked.

“We are leaving. We need to find Cas. I miss that weirdo.” I said. She sighed and put on her shoes.

“Fine. But remember, you're going to follow my lead.” She said. I nodded my head.

“I know. Now come on!” I said. We left the motel, making sure not to break the lines of salt, and bringing a case of it with us just in case we run into trouble. After almost an hour of non-stop looking for clues, Hozzie wanted to give up.

“Penina, this is pointless. We have absolutely no clue what we're doing. Let's just use the pizza money for a taxi and go back to the hotel.” She begged. She is still very much in charge, but she asked me to motivate her, which means I won't let her give up.

“Definitely not. Look, we can have a break, but that's it. Sam and Dean took the car and it'll look suspicious if we get back with no money and no pizza. Do you wanna sit in the park?” I suggested pointing to a very green park that was right next to us. She nodded her head. We sat down on one of the benches, and began chatting about our life back home.

“So, where do you think everyone at school thinks we are? Do you think they even noticed?” She asked. I nodded my head.

“Of course they noticed. But I have no clue what they've done about it. It doesn't seem like we're ever going to cross paths with them again, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.” I told her.

“Would you ever like to cross paths with any of them again?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Maybe a few people I wouldn't mind seeing again. But in all honesty, my life kinda sucked there. I wasn't academic, I wasn't liked by many people. The only thing I really had was my imagination, and that kind of went to waste when the crappy teachers showed up. I couldn't do anything. I felt sort of trapped. What about you?” I asked.

“I don't know. I wouldn't scream and kick if I had to see any of them again, but I wouldn't think my day would've been made either.” She agreed.

“I guess they're really only people that you spend a few days a week with. They're nothing more.” I said. She nodded her head.

“Do you think anybody's been to our house and noticed we were gone?” I asked. She nodded her head.

“Probably. Remember that creepy guy who always gave us homework when we were off because we had colds?” She asked. I grimaced at the thought of him.

“Oh yeah. He was really obsessed with anything that breathed.” I said. She giggled and nodded her head.

“Yeah. I mean, we usually accept it face to face, so I think after about a week and a bit he thinks something's up. He might've called the police.” She pointed out.

“Maybe. Do you think we'll ever go back to a normal life?” I asked. She shrugged.

“Probably not. I don't think evil will ever rest. So I think we're going to have to do this for the rest of our lives.” She said. “It's a lot better than I would've thought it would be. I mean, how boring did our lives sound? We had to scrounge up money whenever we had the chance, and we were going to go straight to work after school. It didn't sound too great, and our dream jobs were really hard to do.” She said. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. But you're a fantastic writer. You can still publish novels. Hell, maybe some of the events we see along the way could inspire you. But I can't be an actress in this life. We have to stay as low as possible. You know what Dean told me yesterday?” I asked. She shook her head. “That him and Sam have already died. That it's rare to find a person in this business who's got grey hairs.” I told her.

“What do you mean they've already died?” She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Dean said they'd tell us all about it eventually. I’m assuming that they've had to be bought back to life. Maybe even a few crossroad deals have helped. But I don't know. Honestly, I just wish all this evil didn't have to exist.” I said.

“Yeah, I know. But if it didn't we wouldn't be born.” She told me.

“How did you figure that out?” I asked.

“Well, Sam tells me things too. Their mum died when he was about 6 months old. Dean was 4 years old. Anyway, there was this yellow-eyed demon named Azazel, and he put their mother on the ceiling, and burned her. Dad found Sam in his cot, looked up, and saw Mary burst into flames. Anyway, they all made it out alive. That's how dad discovered all this stuff, and he was working a case in England, and boom. We were made.” She explained.

“Sounds scary.” I pointed out. She nodded her head.

“Terrifying. Dean carried Sam out of the house.” She added. I nodded my head.

“I like them. I mean, I know we didn't exactly get off to the best start, but I genuinely love them. I never knew family could care that much. Even when mum was around. I mean, I know that she had to work a lot to pay for us and stuff, but she didn't really make any time for us. I know it sounds mean, but honestly, when mum died the only difference in our lives was the financial issue, but even then we figured it out.” I told her. She nodded her head.

“Yeah. I mean, I loved the woman, but she was always far too busy for us. I love Sam and Dean too. Do you think dad's alive?” She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Again, I don't think it makes much difference. But if he is, I'm going to be demanding some answers.” I said.

The rest of the afternoon went a lot like this. We were talking away about the way things were in England compared to the way things were over here. It felt like a couple of years ago when after school, Hozzie and I would go to the park and gossip about that one kid who sits at the table across from us at lunch, or the music we enjoyed. Only now it was more meaningful, and it felt amazing to just talk.

“I miss the air conditioning.” Hozzie said. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. Today's been a bit unproductive.” I said.

“Shall we make our way back then?” She asked. I nodded my head. We got up, and started walking across these unfamiliar streets. We vaguely knew the direction that we wanted to go, so once we stopped off for a quick lunch, we were back on our way. Surprisingly enough we made it back just before Sam and Dean got in, so they didn't suspect a thing. They probably got here early to check on us, which was something Hozzie and I were afraid of.

“Hey girls, how was your day?” Sam asked. I just shrugged.

“Pretty boring I guess. Can you guys teach us how to say the exorcism?” I asked. Sam laughed.

“Yeah, alright. Why do you wanna learn that so bad?” He asked.

“Because Dean said it yesterday and saved that dude's life.” I answered. Sam gave Dean a look, and he feigned a look of innocence back while eating his pie.

“It's not my fault, dude. Demon's turn up out of nowhere.” Dean defended himself before taking another bite of his apple treat.

“Have you guys found anything out?” Hozzie asked.

“Well, maybe. I know this may not sound too glamorous, but how would you girls feel about being bait?” Sam asked. Hozzie and I looked at each other in fear, yet determination. We needed to get Castiel back no matter what.

Two chapters in one day. A new record for me since I've been writing these long chapters. Enjoy it! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story