Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

Not a lot else happened on the way back to Bobby’s. It was inside the house when everything kicked off. Bobby was mad at Penina and Hozzie for taking advantage of him and sneaking out of the house, Sam and Dean were mad that they’d had to leave the case to take them home and were even worse when Bobby found phoned another hunter to finish the job for them “We told you to stay here.” Dean said harshly “Don’t you dare try and pull something like that again.”

“We won’t.” Penina said “We’re sorry.”

“You’re damn right you’re sorry.” Dean sighed and ran his fingers through his hair “Neither of you are allowed to leave the house for the next two weeks. For anything.”

“What if the house is on fire?” Penina asked.

Dean glared at her and the two girls took that as a sign to leave the room. They went upstairs into their bedroom “Maybe you were a little hard on them.” Bobby said after a moment.

“Bobby, they could’ve been killed. They’re lucky that we got there in time again.” Dean said “What would Dad say if we’d let them get hurt on our watch?”

“Your Dad’s already mad that you left them here alone to go on a hunt.” Bobby said “Try and see things from the girls’ point of view. This must all be very unsettling for them. They probably just wanted to fit in.”

“They need to learn to just follow orders.” Dean said but his heart wasn’t in the argument “Me and Sam never wanted this life and we don’t want it for them. Can’t we try and protect them from it as much as possible?”

“Yes, you can. Stop going on unnecessary hunts until you’ve found Azazel.”

“But we have people to protect, Bobby.”

Upstairs, Hozzie and Penina were lying on the beds, still shaken up about what had happened in the mansion “I’m sorry I dragged us into that mess.” Penina said “I don’t know I pushed it so much, it was awful.”

“Guess you were wrong about the Mom being the one to haunt the mansion.” Hozzie said in a deflated voice.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Penina said “They’re all really pissed off, aren’t they?”

“Yep, I told you they would be.”

“I know, I know, I’m sorry again.” Penina said, putting her hands over her eyes “How are we going to make this right?”

“I don’t know. We really messed up.” Hozzie sat up, her eyes wide “Do you think they’ll tell Dad?”

“I don’t know. Why?”

“Because if we thought Sam, Dean and Bobby were mad at us then how do you think Dad would react? He’d kill us.”

“Hozzie-”

“Kill. Us.”

“Stop over re-acting, you said Sam, Dean and Bobby would kill us and they’re just kind of mad. Now just relax, maybe we should try and get some sleep.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever get some sleep again. All I can see is that girl’s face. She didn’t have any eyes and she was really gross and I think I feel a little bit sick.” Hozzie suddenly jumped up from the bed and ran into the bathroom.

Penina sat up just in time to hear her sister being sick and grimaced. Hozzie came back into the room looking pale “I don’t feel so good.” Hozzie said.

“Do you think you’re gonna be sick again?” Hozzie shrugged “I’ll go and find you a bucket just in case.”

“Thank you. You’re a good sister.”

Hozzie flopped down onto her bed with a loud ‘thump’ while Penina went downstairs into Bobby’s ‘office’ where Sam, Dean and Bobby were still talking about the girls. They quickly shut up when Penina came into the room “Is everything okay?” Sam asked in a sympathetic voice, feeling bad that Dean had been so hard on her and Hozzie.

“Hozzie’s not feeling too good, do you guys have a bucket we could use?”

“Yeah, of course, I’ll bring it up to you.” Sam said, getting up.

Dean looked at her “Penina-”

“I don’t wanna talk to you right now.” Penina said quickly, leaving the room and rushing back upstairs.

Hozzie was groaning theatrically on the bed when Penina came back in “Come on Hozzie, I’m sure it’s not that bad.”

“You wouldn’t understand.” She said, sitting up “Where’s the bucket?”

“Sam’s bringing it up.” Penina sat down on her bed “Are you going to be okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, I just wanna forget about what happened.”

There was a tap at the bedroom door and it opened to reveal Sam and Dean standing outside “Is it okay if we come in?” Sam asked almost nervously.

“Yeah, I suppose so.” Penina said.

They came in and Sam handed a bucket to Hozzie “Thank you.” Hozzie said quietly, putting it in front of her and hugging her knees.

Dean sighed “We just wanted to apologise for being so hard on you earlier. Especially me. It’s just... We’re not just following Dad’s orders you know. Family means a lot to us and we don’t want you two getting hurt or worse, okay? Can you please just try and listen to us in the future when we say it’s too dangerous? If you really don’t want us to then we won’t leave you alone with Bobby in the future until you get to know him a bit better.”

“Okay.” Penina said.

“Yeah.” Hozzie said “Thank you for saving us by the way.”

“Yeah,” Penina said “Thanks.”

Sam smiled and sat down on Penina’s bed. Dean sighed and sat next to him “Another thing about family is that we’ll always be there to help you.” Sam said “No matter how many times you mess up.”

“That doesn’t mean you’re going to mess up again though.” Dean said.
Sign up to rate and review this story