Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

[A/N] – Just got back from McBusted (who were hella awesome by the way) and I’m not tired so I’m updating :3 Hope you like it! (And by you I’m pretty sure it’s just Penina so uhh yeah? :L)

Sam and Dean stayed in Penina and Hozzie’s room for half-an-hour making sure they were definitely okay physically and mentally after what had happened in the mansion. They talked for a while and came to the agreement that to learn about the job they’d have to go with them on hunts but if it was too dangerous then Hozzie and Penina would have to stay in the motel. Hozzie and Penina were just happy to be included.

When Sam and Dean left, Hozzie and Penina got into bed but didn’t go straight to sleep “I don’t like it now it’s dark.” Hozzie whispered “I can still see that girl’s face. I don’t think I can be a hunter Penina.”

“I’m sure it’s not always that bad.” Penina said “And I bet you’ll get used to it. It’ll just be like a regular thing for us eventually, it’ll be less scary.”

“I don’t want it to become a regular thing.” Hozzie said “I just want to go home so we can be us again. Everything’s weird and different here. I’m glad we’ve got two older brothers and we don’t have to worry about the electricity going off or running out of food but now our worries are going to be even bigger and harder to solve. And there’s always, you know, the potential of us dying.”

“I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Sam and Dean will look out for us.” Penina said “Maybe I was wrong about us not caring about them. Maybe we should because... I think maybe that they care about us.”

“I told you they did.” Hozzie yawned “We’ve learnt that more often than not I’m right. Maybe you should listen to me more in the future.”

“Maybe you should scrap that idea because you know what I’m like.” Penina laughed “Do you think one day you won’t feel shy around Sam, Dean or Bobby?”

“I really don’t want to but I’m not sure. I never quite got over my shyness with Dad but we didn’t see him that often. Maybe once a month when he came home.” She rolled over and looked at Penina “Do you think Dad will still come and see us?”

“I don’t know and to be honest Hozzie I don’t really care. Like, was there any point in him seeing us today? He didn’t really help us or anything.”

Hozzie thought about it “Yeah but he’s still our Dad and I love him even though I feel shy around him. I just wish he wouldn’t keep leaving us alone.”

“He did the same to Sam and Dean. I guess that’s just the way he is since Sam and Dean’s Mom died.” Penina yawned “I’m really tired Hoz, I’m gonna have to go to sleep now.”

“Please don’t! I can’t shut my eyes without seeing that girl’s face! Can’t we stay awake a bit longer?”

“I’m gonna fall asleep mid-sentence if I don’t so I need to sleep now, okay?” Penina closed her eyes “Goodnight Hozzie.”

“Goodnight Penina.” Hozzie said quietly, huddling down under the duvet.




In the middle of the night Hozzie’s eyes shot open. She’d had a nightmare about being back at the mansion by herself with the girl with no eyes following her every move. Hozzie knew she should feel sorry for the girl because clearly something horrific had happened to her but at the same time she was extremely afraid of her.

Her heart was still thumping loudly in her chest and she was covered in sweat. She sat up slowly and looked over at Penina. She was clearly still asleep but Hozzie still whispered her name loudly hoping it’d wake her up. Penina rolled over in her sleep but didn’t stir. Hozzie sighed and wondered what she should do. She sat in bed for a couple of minutes trying to calm herself down but it wasn’t going anywhere so eventually she climbed out of bed and went out of the bedroom.

She shut the door behind her quietly so she wouldn’t wake up Penina and then tiptoed slowly down the stairs. Dean and Bobby had gone to bed but Sam was still awake in the ‘office’ doing research on Azazel and how to track down a gun that could supposedly kill demons. They only had a knife and they didn’t want to take their chances with Azazel “Hey, it’s pretty late. Shouldn’t you be asleep?” Sam asked when he saw Hozzie come into the room.

“I was. But I had a nightmare and Penina didn’t wake up.”

“Do you wanna talk to me about it?” Hozzie thought about it and shrugged her shoulders “It’s okay, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I get nightmares too sometimes. So does Dean but he’d never admit it.”

“I kept seeing that girls face from the mansion.” Hozzie said “The girl without any eyes. But Penina didn’t seem too scared of what happened and she said it’d get easier. Does it get easier?”

Sam thought about it then shrugged “You find ways to cope. So I guess it does get a little easier. Spirits don’t scare me as much as they did when I was your age. You’ll be okay, don’t worry about it.”

Hozzie nodded “I know. But I still can’t get the girl out of my head.”

Sam stood up “Come on, we’ll go back upstairs. I’ll get you a torch from one of Bobby’s cupboards upstairs so you can switch it on if you get really scared. Okay?”

Hozzie nodded and followed him upstairs. He rummaged around the cupboard for a few minutes and then finally found the torch “Here you go.” He smiled, handing it to Hozzie “It should work, Bobby changes the batteries in them every couple of months so that they won’t go out if we’re working a case. Will you be okay now?” Hozzie nodded, suddenly feeling shy again “Just come downstairs if you need anything. And you can always talk to me in the future if there’s anything bothering you.”

“Okay. Thanks. Night Sam.” Hozzie said quickly, going back into her bedroom. She climbed into bed and went back to sleep, having no more nightmares about the girl with no eyes.




The next morning Penina woke up before Hozzie and went straight downstairs. Bobby offered to make her breakfast again and she accepted because she was always hungry in the morning. Her and Hozzie had never been able to function until they’d had something to eat. She sat down at the table where Sam and Dean were finishing up their breakfast “So what are you guys doing today?” She asked.

“Dad got in touch in the middle of the night.” Dean said “He thinks he’s got a lead on Azazel and he wants us to go down and help him.”

“So me and Hozzie are coming too, right?”

Dean and Sam glanced at each other “Well, Dad didn’t really mention-”

“I thought we came to an agreement last night.” Penina said “If you don’t bring us with you me and Hozzie will just sneak out again.”

“No you won’t.” Dean said “Besides, we grounded you for two weeks.”

“You didn’t really mean that did you?”

“No, he didn’t.” Sam said quickly “Yes, you two are coming but we’ll probably be gone a couple of days so I’d pack enough stuff to last you about five days. And get ready for just sitting in the motel a lot because Dad probably won’t be happy that we’ve brought you with us.”

“Dad can go shove it up his ass.” Penina said.

“Don’t say that.” Dean said.

Penina just shrugged her shoulders and Bobby put a plate of food in front of her that she started eating straightaway. Hozzie came into the kitchen and sat down next to Penina while Bobby went to start her breakfast “Hey Hozzie, Sam and Dean are taking us hunting.”

“No, you’re coming with us while me and Sam go hunting. You two will be staying in the motel room.” Dean corrected her “Penina, we agreed that you guys would stay behind if we thought it was too dangerous and this is definitely a job that’s too dangerous for you two. So you’ll be staying in the motel room. Promise us that you won’t get involved?”

“We promise.” Both girls said in unison. No one noticed that Penina had her fingers crossed under the table.
Sign up to rate and review this story