Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

“How are we supposed to find them?” Dean asked “They could be anywhere in this bloody town.”

“We know where Azazel was hiding.” John said “I don’t think he necessarily took them to hurt them, he’s probably using them as bait. They’re probably still at the same location. He’s just waiting for us to find them and that’s when he’ll kill us.”

“Well we have the gun.” Sam said “We stand a chance. It’s not like we’re going in unprepared.”

John nodded “Listen, our main priority is killing this demon. If anyone is in danger, just ignore it. We’ll sort it out after Azazel’s dead.”

Sam and Dean obviously didn’t agree with him but they had no choice but nod “Let’s go then, there’s no point wasting time.” John said “Follow me in your car, it shouldn’t take long to get there.”

“You know he’s wrong, right?” Sam asked, getting into the car “Killing Azazel isn’t more important than any of our safety.”

“Yeah, I know he’s wrong but I wasn’t about to disagree and if I recall, neither were you.” Dean said “Nothing will go wrong anyway, we’ll kill Azazel and Hozzie and Penina will be safe. Nothing to worry about.”

“You know that’s not true.” Sam said “Heaps of things could go wrong, hell; heaps of things could have already gone wrong. Hozzie and Penina might not even be alive right now.”

“Don’t say that.” Dean said, shaking his head “They’re fine, they’re going to be just fine. You were fine when the Benders took you, weren’t you?”

“Only just. Besides, they were humans and I’m a hunter. I knew what I was doing. They have absolutely no idea, especially when it comes to demons.”

Dean sighed “I take your point. Dad’s priority is killing Azazel. There’s nothing wrong with that. But our priority will have to be getting Hozzie and Penina out of there.”

“So you’re going to go against Dad’s orders?” Sam asked, raising his eye-brows “That’s not like you Dean, not at all.”

“Yeah, well, I know when Dad’s wrong and he’s wrong now.” Dean said “And besides, I know we haven’t known them long but I love Penina and Hozzie. And I know them well enough to know that I’m not gonna let anything happen to them. Regardless of what Dad says. He told us before we went to collect them that their safety was a priority. I’m sticking to that.”

“So am I.” Sam said “I care about them too. We need to leave killing the demon to Dad so that we can save Hozzie and Penina.”

Dean nodded “So we’re agreed then?”

“Yeah.” Sam said.

The rest of the journey was spent in silence until they watched their Dad pull up outside a large abandoned warehouse. Dean pulled up behind him and got out of the car “Are you sure this is where they are?” Dean asked.

“This is where I was told Azazel was hiding.” John said “That’s all I know. I’m going to have to assume they’re inside.”

“They’d better be.” Sam said “Otherwise we’re going to be screwed.”

John opened the boot to his car and brought out the gun that they believed could kill any supernatural creature “We never got a chance to test it.” Dean said “What if it doesn’t work?”

“We’re just going to have to hope it does.” John said “If it doesn’t, we’ll have to use the knife. Last resort, an exorcism. I’m not sure it will work on yellow eyes though.”

The boys nodded and John gestured for them to follow him into the abandoned warehouse. They followed, going as quietly as possible while trying to move quickly so they didn’t waste any more time.

On the second floor, Hozzie and Penina sat next to each other. Hozzie had been crying since they’d been taken while Penina had tears in her eyes but refused to let herself cry. Meg was standing near them, keeping an eye on them with a knife in her hand while Azazel stood looking towards the stairs, wanting to keep an eye out for when John and the boys arrived.

“We’re going to die, aren’t we?” Hozzie whispered to Penina so that Meg and Azazel wouldn’t hear “Even if Sam, Dean and Dad show up Azazel’s going to kill them before they can save us. And then he’ll kill us.”

“Don’t be dim, they’ll save us. I don’t know how but they will.”

“Shut up you two.” Meg said, glaring at the two of them.

Penina and Hozzie glanced at each other then both sighed as they waited for Sam, Dean and their Dad to finally show up. It felt like they were taking a lifetime when they knew they were probably rushing to find them.

John looked over the top of the staircase. Azazel didn’t notice him. John looked back at Sam and Dean “He’s got someone else with him. Someone with short blonde hair, quite short-”

“Meg.” Sam said with disgust “Fantastic.”

“Is there another way onto the second floor?” Dean asked “If Azazel is guarding that entrance?”

“I think there’s one around the back.” John said “I’ll go round the back and shoot him from behind. We’ll stab Meg afterwards and then we’ll leave with Hozzie and Penina. Okay? Keep Azazel distracted.” John went down the stairs and started looking for the back staircase.

Sam and Dean looked at each other, wondering how their Dad believed it would be so easy to kill Azazel and get out of there without being injured. They also wondered how their Dad believed they could keep Azazel distracted without getting killed. But they had to follow his orders and they had to look out for Hozzie and Penina so they went up the stairs and walked around the corner, standing directly in front of Azazel.

Azazel smiled “Nice to see you both. We’ve been waiting. Where’s that Dad of yours?”

“He’s not coming.” Dean lied “Looks like you can just deal with us.”

Azazel laughed “Do I look stupid to you? Your Daddy wants revenge more than you two do. Let’s be honest boys, you’re only following Daddy’s orders.”

“You think you know everything.” Dean said “But you’re wrong. Dad’s moved on. He’s on another hunt. Left us to deal with this one.”

Azazel raised his eye-brows “Are you sure about that?” His head snapped back and black smoke came out of his mouth and disappeared somewhere.

Dean and Sam looked around wide-eyed but then remembered their priorities. They looked over at Meg “You can go straight back to Hell you bitch.” Dean said, taking the knife out of his pocket and walking towards her.

Meg held up her knife and made a move towards the twins but Dean was faster and lodged the knife into her stomach. She screamed, her body flashing red and black before she fell. Dean pulled the knife out and her body fell to the floor. He turned to Hozzie and Penina “Are you two okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, yeah, we’re fine.” Penina said, standing up.

Sam walked over to them “Come on, let’s get you two out of here.”

“What about yellow eyes though?” Penina asked “Where did he go?”

“Well, well, well.” A familiar voice from behind them said “Did you miss me already?”

The four siblings turned around to find their Dad standing in front of them. Except his eyes were yellow.
Sign up to rate and review this story