Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

“Son of a bitch.” Dean cursed under his breath.

“Go ahead.” John/Azazel said, tilting his head to one side and smirking. He chucked something across the room to them “Shoot me.”

Dean picked up the colt and looked down at it for a moment “No.” He said “No, I won’t shoot him.”

“This is your only chance to kill me.” John/Azazel said “If you choose not to shoot me, I’ll leave and I can promise that you’ll never find me. So it’s up to you. Your Dad or killing me.”

Sam and Dean looked at each other “You can’t shoot him.” Hozzie said.

“She’s right.” Penina said “He’s not perfect but he’s still our Dad.”

“Boys!” A voice snapped. They all turned to look at their Dad. His yellow eyes were gone “I’ve managed to overpower him but I can’t hold him for that long. So shoot him. Shoot him now!”

“What?” Dean asked “Dad, we can’t-”

“Don’t be stupid, we need to kill this demon! Now just shoot. Dean, shoot me!”

Before John could say another word, his head snapped back and Azazel disappeared from him in a whirl of black smoke. John fell to the floor and the four siblings ran over to him. John’s head rose slowly “You idiot.” He hissed “Now we’ll never get a chance to kill him.” He stood up “You should have just shot me when you had the chance!”

“If the demon had possessed me then you wouldn’t have shot me.” Dean snapped “Would you?”

There was a horribly awkward silence before Penina asked “Can we leave now please? That dead body is giving me the creeps.”

Dean put his hand on her shoulder “Yeah, let’s get out of here.”

They walked away, John following behind them. Dean was hurt but he wouldn’t have let the others see that. He didn’t say anything until the four of them were in the impala and John was in his own car “Are you two sure that you’re okay?” Dean asked, turning around to look at his two younger sisters.

“Yeah, yeah, they didn’t... They didn’t do anything.” Penina said. Hozzie nodded in agreement.

“Okay. So long as you’re both sure.” Dean said. Both girls nodded again so he turned around and started the car.

“Are you okay Dean?” Hozzie asked “You did the right thing, it doesn’t matter what Dad said.”

“I’m fine Hol, don’t worry about me.”

Hozzie winced “Good, but please stop calling me Hol. Hollie, Hozzie or Hoz please.”

“Okay, fine. Sorry.”

“No problem.”

“If we’re putting nicknames out here now then just know that I don’t wanna be called Pen.” Penina said “Penini’s okay but not all the time. Only on special occasions.”

“I don’t really have a nickname and that’s fine by me.” Dean said.

“Well Dean calls me Sammy but he’s the only one I let get away with it.” Sam said then smiled at the two girls “But I guess you can call me that sometimes, if you want.”

“Okay Sammy.” Penina and Hozzie said at the exact same time which made them all laugh even though it wasn’t that funny.




John was sat in the hotel when they got back, having driven home a lot faster than them “Look, Dad, its fine.” Dean said “We got Hozzie and Penina back and if we found him once, we can find him again.”

“Dean, we had him then.” John said “You should’ve just shot him when you had the chance.”

“It wouldn’t have been just him that I was shooting though. It would have been you as well.”

“I told you before we went that killing the demon came before anyone’s safety!” John snapped, standing up “That included me. Why didn’t you just listen to me?”

“Family comes before anything.” Dean said “I’ve already lost Mom and I refuse to lose you as well.”

John shook his head as if he couldn’t understand what Dean was saying. He suddenly whacked everything off the table beside him causing everyone to jump “You need to learn how to follow orders.” John hissed then seemed to calm down “Right. Let’s get some sleep and we’ll talk about what to do next in the morning. Alright?” Without waiting for anyone to respond, John stormed past the four siblings and slammed the motel room door shut.

“Why does he have to act like that?” Penina asked “We haven’t done anything wrong.”

“Don’t worry about him.” Sam said “He just... He hasn’t been okay since Mom died, he kind of forgets that there are other, more important things.”

“He’s been chasing this demon since Sammy was a baby.” Dean said “And he thought we were finally going to kill it tonight. I’m guessing he’s just disappointed.”

“That’s no reason to be so hard on you though.” Hozzie said.

“It doesn’t bother me that much.” Dean said “Come on you two, we’ve all had a long day; I think we should get to sleep now.”




When Penina woke up the next morning Dean was already awake and drinking a beer “Isn’t it a bit early for that?” She asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

“I drink pretty much all the time, you’ll get used to it.” Dean said.

“I don’t want to get used to it.” She said, sitting up “Mom had a boyfriend who used to drink all the time and he used to hit me and Hozzie when he’d had one too many.”

“I’m not about to start hitting either of you so chill out.” Dean said “What happened to her boyfriend then?”

“Oh, we had to do a runner.” Penina said dismissively “And that doesn’t mean that it’s okay to drink all the time just because you’re not going to hit us. I don’t like it. Hozzie will hate it.”

“I’m not going to give up drinking just because your Mom accidentally decided to date an asshole.” Dean sighed “But fine, I’ll try to drink less if that’ll make you both happy.”

Penina smiled “Yes. Yes it would.” She looked at him sympathetically “It’s not your fault you know. What happened with Dad. You did the right thing.”

“Well everyone keeps saying that so why do I feel so guilty?”

“Because Dad made you feel guilty.” Penina said “But he was wrong and you know he was wrong. He might not have said anything but he wouldn’t have shot you if you’d been possessed by the demon. He just didn’t say anything because he realised he was wrong and he didn’t like it.”

“Right, of course he did.” Dean said “Wake up the others so that we can get out of here please?” He asked on the way to the bathroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story