Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

They met their Dad in a cafe in between both motels and had breakfast together. John didn’t say anything about Dean not shooting Azazel but there was an awkward tension as they talked about where to next find the demon. John had no more leads and said he’d have to disappear for a couple more years to try and track him down again. He said all this while giving Dean a disapproving look which lead Penina to pretty much glare at John through the whole conversation. Every so often Sam and Hozzie would throw each other a nervous glance as the conversation got more and more awkward.

The moment John finished eating; he stood up and left the cafe without a backwards glance. Dean put his knife and fork down and ran his fingers through his hair “Did anyone else feel a kind of tension there?” Dean asked “Or was it just me?”

“I felt it.” Sam, Hozzie and Penina all said at the same time.

“He is so pissed at me.” Dean said “But what was I supposed to do?”

“For the millionth time Dean, you did the right thing.” Penina said “Azazel isn’t worth killing our family for. Just stop stressing about it, Dad’s wrong. You know that.”

Dean shrugged his shoulders and Sam sighed “Come on Dean, snap out of it. You need to stop worrying about Dad thinks. He clearly doesn’t care that much about what we’re thinking or he wouldn’t be making such a big deal out of this.”

“Do you think we’ll ever get revenge for Mom’s death now?” Dean asked “Or will he really never see Azazel again?”

“Dean, you and I both know he’s planning something. We just don’t know what. We’ll see what happens and until then, we can train Penina and Hozzie to hunt, okay?”

“Seriously, we have to do work?” Penina moaned “Can’t we just relax or something until the demon shows up?”

“No, you can’t.” Dean said “You guys were so eager to work a case a couple of day ago. What the hell happened?”

“There was a girl with no eyes.” Hozzie said, shivering “And you know, we almost died.”

“Please, that comes with the territory.” Dean said “Me and Sam have nearly died several times. But you know that we’ll always look out for you guys until you can take care of yourselves. And even then we’ll look out for you. You’ve got absolutely nothing to worry about, I promise.”

“Except for the haunting images of ghosts and other monsters.” Penina said sarcastically “Fantastic.”

“You’ll get used to it, honestly.” Sam said “The things we hunt don’t bother us that much anymore.” He lied.

Penina and Hozzie glanced at each other “I guess we don’t have much choice.” Penina sighed “Otherwise we’ll just get nabbed by another supernatural creature and won’t know how to protect ourselves.”

“That’s the spirit.” Dean said in a mockingly enthusiastic tone “We’ll look for something relatively easy at first, okay? You guys will mostly just be watching and doing easier stuff, not the actual killing itself. We’ll go back to Bobby’s and look for something.”

“Do we have to? Bobby’s lovely, don’t get me wrong, but there’s not a lot to do there.” Penina said “It gets really boring.”

“Well, you won’t be bored once we’ve found you a case.” Sam said “Until then you can find ways to amuse yourselves.”

Dean paid for the breakfast, including John’s, then they all got into the impala and started driving home. They were all downcast because they’d been hoping to kill Azazel and were disappointed when they hadn’t.

Bobby was waiting for them when they got back “So did you kill him?” He asked straightaway. He took a look at their faces and said “Oh, I guess not.”

“It’s a long story, I’ll tell you later.” Dean said “For now, Dad’s gone to look for the demon and we’ve agreed to teach the girls how to hunt so we’re looking for a relatively easy case. Do you have anything we might be able to work with?”

“I’ll have a look for you in a second if you remember that I’m not your own personal library.” Bobby said but he was obviously joking as he went off to his office to look for something the four siblings could work with.

“Why don’t you two go and re-pack your stuff?” Sam suggested “On an average hunt we’re gone for about four days depending on travelling so I’d pack that much. Then come back downstairs and Bobby should have something for us by then.”

Hozzie and Penina trudged up the stairs drearily “I barely got any sleep all night.” Penina said “I just kept thinking about what we should have done to get away from Meg and Azazel.”

“And me. They didn’t even really do anything to us and I was still terrified about the whole thing.” Hozzie said, rubbing her eyes “And I felt so bad for Dean about how harsh Dad was on him.”

“I know, poor Dean.” Penina said, throwing her clothes onto the bedroom floor “I feel even more awful because he’s constantly seeking Dad’s approval and he’s clearly not getting it. What kind of Dad is he?”

“I know.” Hozzie sighed.

“And he shouldn’t have left us alone if he thought there was a demon after us either.” Penina said, suddenly getting angry “We could’ve died and do you know what he would have done about it Hozzie? He wouldn’t have done anything because he doesn’t care.”

“Come on Penina, he does care, in his own way.” Hozzie said, not liking how angry her sister was getting “Let’s just talk about something else, okay?”

“Fine.” Penina sighed.
Sign up to rate and review this story